[New RPG] Character profiles

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

I'm liking this guy.
Lady Quickswitch

Sludge

Name: Sludge
Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Function: Waste Disposal
Weapons: Fists, feet, tail, and a very big mouth in Monitor mode...with a nasty surprise.
Alt Mode: Turbo-Monitor ("Turbo" being a very loose term.)
Earth Alt-Mode: Apatosaurus
Motto: "Leader knows best."

Profile: Big, lumbering and relying on the greater mental capacities of others, Sludge carries out his duties as a waste disposal unit in the dirty, dank and even toxic areas of Kaon or Iacon. He looks to others for direction, often the strongest physically or the most charismatic, and that's just fine by him. Were it not for his willingness to follow others, Sludge might actually be a danger to himself. He's heedless of most danger and doesn't understand that he could hurt himself or others as he carries out his waste disposal.

Sludge devours liquid and solid waste with his huge monitor lizard jaws. He can eject consumed materials from his mouth in a vomiting gush of toxic ugliness.

All he wants are some good friends. He doesn't like being made fun of for any of his attributes and is quite shy and gentle underneath.

Abilities: Sludge has the ability to consume and process forms of waste by eating it in his Turbo-Monitor Lizard mode. He can also spew toxic sludge from his mouth, which can vary with the composition of whatever he's consumed. Sludge also has considerable armor to protect his systems from damage by the substances he is often around.

Weaknesses: Sludge is big, and very very slow in his lizard alternate form. He's a bit faster in robot mode, but he lacks any weaponry other than his fists in this mode.
Sludge isn't very smart and relies on a strong leader for direction, believing that his leader knows best.

(I went with cartoon Sludge. Always liked him. Yes, I like Primitive characters. :) )
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cartoon Sludge is full of love.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Brave Maximus wrote:Hai.

Minicons + EARLY space bridge tech + Tampering from something outside our reality + missed landing site = Minicons hitting the moon. (that'd be the strange lights, and then impact).
:up:
(we did have a late-night conversation about this.... lol, stop playing Angry Birds!)
But Angry Birds is fun :(

I have half a mind to pick up Laserbeak and play him like an Angry Bird. KAMIKAZE RUN
NOOOOO

He kills Sparkplug's parents just to stop Fallen's prison from being uncovered?

That's cold, bro. Cold.
PSSST. Get on AIM so we can bug Warcry late at night...
Now, that is a tempting reason to get an AIM account, eh?

Though on this corner of the world late at night = afternoon and vice versa.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Blackjack wrote:But Angry Birds is fun :(

I have half a mind to pick up Laserbeak and play him like an Angry Bird. KAMIKAZE RUN
lol, I'd have figured more Buzzsaw :D - especially like the yellow, triangle birds :D

NOOOOO

He kills Sparkplug's parents just to stop Fallen's prison from being uncovered?

That's cold, bro. Cold.
Killed his whole family (parents AND grandparents) - just to stop them from getting a glimpse at what it truly was. He's a piece of work that one.

Now, that is a tempting reason to get an AIM account, eh?

Though on this corner of the world late at night = afternoon and vice versa.
Actually Warcry's great to talk to...
But if you're a brit.... yeah, our 1am talks might not exactly be convinient...
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Brave Maximus wrote:lol, I'd have figured more Buzzsaw :D - especially like the yellow, triangle birds :D
Laserbeak is red, and therefore the mascot of the game. Laserbeak pwns Buzzsaw any time.

Killed his whole family (parents AND grandparents) - just to stop them from getting a glimpse at what it truly was. He's a piece of work that one.
The Fallen is very proud of his big brother.

And the fact that Alpha Trion is slipping into evil himself, and the whole mess that he brings with creating a city... chaos wins.

Actually Warcry's great to talk to...
Ha.

HA.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
But if you're a brit.... yeah, our 1am talks might not exactly be convinient...
I'm not British. I'm on waaaay on the other side of the globe. Like, the East side.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Blackjack wrote: Fallen is very proud of his big brother.

And the fact that Alpha Trion is slipping into evil himself, and the whole mess that he brings with creating a city... chaos wins.
AT sees it as "The needs of the many" and all that stuff. And yes their deaths weigh heavily on him. It's why he's going to do something drastic.....

not British. I'm on waaaay on the other side of the globe. Like, the East side.
Ah.... even worse for the 1am est confabs.....
I have weird hours though.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Brave Maximus wrote:AT sees it as "The needs of the many" and all that stuff. And yes their deaths weigh heavily on him. It's why he's going to do something drastic.....
Chaos wins.
Ah.... even worse for the 1am est confabs.....
I have weird hours though.
And I have insomnia.

Which leaves Warcry as the one who we'll bug. :)
Lady Quickswitch

Switch

(Original Profile below.)

Switch

Allegiance: Autobot
Function: Cadet
Weaponry: A basic ener-rifle that does an average amount of damage to rank and file troops.
Modes: A "basic Cybertronian" alternate mode. Not named, but faster than his robot mode, not aerial, but vehical-based.
Motto: "Aspire to something greater than yourself."

Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Profile: Switch is a young unit who came online only a few deca-cycles ago. He was one of the many basic units produced by the Vector Factories from time to time. He tried his hand at several odd jobs, but stories of the great War Heroes, like Zeta Prime, Kup, Sentinel, Sky Lynx and the rest, fascinated him.

He enlisted in basic training and became an Autobot Cadet. He couldn't imagine himself doing anything else. Even though he was slightly shorter than average--but still not a Minibot--and with average abilities at best. Though nothing stood out about Switch, he still dreamed of defending Cybertron and doing the Autobot faction proud.

He has had his first taste of true combat against the freakish Decepticon multi-changer Sixshot!

Personality: Switch is gentle and determined and has a vocorder so soft it's barely above a whisper. Despite no outstanding attributes, he tries his best. He is naive and fragile, easily frightened, and discovered that combat and death are not the experience romanticized in the tales he's heard of the great war heroes he admires.
Switch is also curious and inquisitive, but as he tends to panic under fire, he appears mistakenly cowardly.

Weaknesses: Switch is an inexperienced cadet with a rather fragile mind. He panics under pressure of combat and when confronted with the dead. He may not be psychologically suitable to remain in the military.
Springer85
Protoform

Springer

Post by Springer85 »

Allegiance: Decepticon
Function: Mercenary
Weapons: Two hand pistols in each hip compartment, Falchion Sword and a large Wind Funnel gun.
Cybertronian Form: Fall of Cybertron
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/ ... r1_500.png
Earthen Form: Transformers Generations
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/ ... ringer.jpg

Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Fire blast: 7
Skill: 7

"Strength is more than physical."

Profile:
Springer is not one of the more skillful bots, and in a fight he only has his formidable brute force to rely on. That might be a disadvantage but, he's still got smarts. Using his smarts, he's able to come up with ways of using his strength and firepower that the enemy won't see coming. This has given him one hell of a reputation as a mercenary, one that makes him sound more monstrous and stubborn than he really is.

Physical Abilities:
Springer has an incredible springing power, enabling him to cover distances by springing pogo stick-like by using the strength in his mighty legs. This he does in his robotic mode and his physique is heavily powerful, his chest massive, his arms enormous and well proportioned like the most massive body-builder. When he transforms, his automotive mode is superpowerful with the attributes of battle tank and speedcar combined. In robot mode, he carries a laser that produces giant wind funnels. His helicopter blade transforms into a light saber that can cut through concrete.

Weaknesses:
Due to Tarantulas' manipulations to his mind, Springer sometimes questions his actions or even the orders that he receives. Since he is the first triple changer on Cybertron, the process hasn't been prefected yet and Springer suffers some slight discomfort when changing through his alt modes.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Lady Quickswitch

This "original" or shall I say "proto" character is vapid. It's turning out that I don't much like him.
Lady Quickswitch

Incision's gettin a few changes. He's a little more accomplished than having a private practice modifying armor. And he doesn't hiss. I forgot Doublecross has a distinctive hissing voice.
Selkadoom

Sturmgewher (Custom)

Post by Selkadoom »

Name: Sturmgewher
Faction: Decepticons
Alt mode: Cybertron: Cybertronian battle tank. Earth: Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank.
Weapons: Twin arm mounted Tesla Assault rifles, Energon coated ballistic knives, twin Laser pistol, Energon Machine Gun, Grenades, His Alt Modes Main Cannon and Machine Guns.

Strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Fire power: 10
Skill: 8
Motto: “If it’s not dead yet, Kill it harder”

Bio:
Sturmgewher is a warbot, plain and simple. He was created to kill and not be killed, and does these functions happily. He has no remorse on the battlefield and expects none from his opponents. Though after the conflicts on the planet died down, his lust for combat did not, so the council of Iacon was not to pleased with him when he started fights among his fellow soldiers for kicks. So the banished him, calling him “A menace to the peace we have created.” Fed up with the treatment he got from them he swore revenge and headed off to Kaon, the biggest hotbed of anti-council sentiment on the planet, to join the rebellion he heard of through whispers in the armies ranks.

Strengths: Sturmgewher is a walking tank of destruction, literally. He has a small arsenal of weapons in which he uses to kill his opponents. His alt-mode is also particularly strong, as his main cannon and machine gun will tear apart any threat in his path. He also has endurance and some skill to back up his rather brutal techniques on the battle field.

Weaknesses:
For all his strength Sturmgewher is neither fast, nor is he particularly bright, and can be fooled by some quick deception or tactical thinking. He also has some self-control issues and is known to attack even his own allies if he gets too restless due to a lack of combat.

So what do ya think of my first submitted character? also note on his weapon, the rifles are essentially guns that shoot high speed high voltage blasts that fry a transformers circuits and burn through their armor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Looks fine to me, although I'm never going to get that name right.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Is the name intentionally misspelled? Or should it be Sturmgewehr?
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Nice.

Though Skywarp's going to have a ball with Sturmgewehr's name...
Aero Blade

Raiku

Post by Aero Blade »

I haven't been ignoring this forum, I've been sitting on the profiles I had prepared for the best time to post them (so I wouldn't have to update them every time story updated ;) ). It's close enough to time now for Raiku's to go up. Enjoy

Name: Raiku
Allegiance: Autobot
Function: Scout
Alt-mode: H2 Humvee
Primary Weapons: riffle, net gun
Motto: "Never forget who you are"

Strength: ----- 6
Intelligence: - 8
Speed: -------- 5
Endurance: ---- 7
Courage: ------ 10
Firepower: ---- 5
Skill: -------- 7

Profile: The only thing that Raiku is more devoted to than the Autobot cause is his own values. Determined and loyal soldier, he feels that there is now way you can be loyal to anything else if you don't remain loyal to yourself and your principles. Those that can understand and appreciate this view Raiku counts as close friends, and looks suspiciously upon those that will do anything for the cause without regard to ethics, even if it is just a single incident. While he understand this must sometimes be done, he feels this leads the way to it happening more and more frequently. Because of Raiku's feelings and his unique abilities, he took readily to being employed as a scout, gathering unbiased information for the higher ranked mechs to sort out the ethical principals on.

Abilities: Raiku has the ability to see energy patterns. When he has this ability activated, his vision makes it possible to see energy from very far away, even if burried or behind fortification. He uses this ability to help him in scouting, allowing him to spot enemies or locate power sources that could potentially be hidden bases.

Weaknesses: When his energy sight is activated, Raiku sees the world as brightly lit up energy spots, or extremely faint lines for those objects closest to him, rendering him blind to the rest of the non-energy world around him and causing Raiku to use this ability only in short bursts. Though the ability allows him to see the energy, he is in no way capable of detecting what else is between him and the energy, such as a gapping casam or a huge wall, requiring him to scout the rest of the area normally. He is also only able to see one type of energy at a time, and because of the sensitivity of the filtering, he can have a hard time seeing in an area where there might be a lot of loose energy (ex:radiation leak that has already permeated an area) even if he is not scanning for that particular form of energy.

Raiku's sight ability causes his optics to glow with an effect that many of his associates have described as 'creepy', causing him to wear a visor that covers his optics in an attempt to mute the effect, though it does not entirely. This makes Raiku very uncomfortable in using his ability around others if his visor is damaged or missing.
Brave Maximus

Fortress Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Name: Fortress Maximus
Affiliation: Autobot
Function: WMD
Primary Weapon(s): Twin Ion Pulse Cannons x2 (forearm mounted), Twin Auto-cannons x2 (mounted on the back of his hands), Dual High Frequency Maser Cannons x2 (mounted on his shins), Twin Particle Beam emitter (Deployable in Battle Cruiser Mode only), Proton Torpedo Launchers x3 (2 Fore mounted, 1 Aft, usable in Battle Cruiser Mode only), Dual Laser Cannon (hand carried), High Output Photon Rifle (hand carried), Reflex Cannon x2 (Deployable in Robot mode only). Maximus Sword x1 (can change size), Light Photon Rifle (Cerebros), Auto-Cannon x2 (Front Mounted, Cerebros Assault Shuttle Mode only), Concussion Missile Launcher x2 (Swing Mounted, Cerebros Assault Shuttle Mode Only), Twin Wrist Blasters x2 (Fortress).
Alt Mode: Prefabricated Garrison / Battle Cruiser (Maximus), Orbital Assault Shuttle (Cerebros), 4 Wheeled APV (Fortress)
Motto: “Prepare for War, Strive for Peace”

Strength: 10+/10/6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6/8/5
Endurance: 10+/9/5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+/8/4
Skill: 5

Profile: Fortress Maximus was the prototype for the Autobot War-Ender. A new weapons platform designed to replace the ageing (and mentally unstable) Omega Weapons. The Maximus was designed in secret by a team of Minicons who’s co-operation was...enforced. The Minicons developed the ultimate battle platform, using both conventional and experimental technologies. The Minicons also recognized the potential for abuse with this system. In order to be activated, the Maximus was given a 3-Deep security system (rumoured to have been provided by Alpha Trion). The Maximus was double Binary Bonded to two different Transformers. The first being the spark-less Cerebros unit, the second being a Transformer body. But, the body could not be imbued with just any spark. It must be the willing transfer of a spark deemed “worthy” by the security program.

During an assault on the Maximus Complex, Decepticons killed a female Minicon named Sparks. Her long-time partner, Cog, desperate to avenge her death and craving the power to allow him to stand up to the Decepticons, activated the Maximus’ systems. His spark was transferred to the Fortress Shell and brought the weapon systems online.

Unfortunately, during the attempted assault, the Minicon “workers” were allowed to escape on a second ship the built out of scraps, taking with them the secrets to the Maximus class weapons platform.

Fortress (Cog adopted the name for himself), is now thrust into a war he never wanted to be apart of. While he hates being used as a weapon, he cannot stand by and watch innocents die. Fortress Maximus is usually sent into the most dangerous areas. Because of his temperament and ideology, he excels at rear-guard and extraction missions; going into the hottest fighting and getting the troops out.

Abilities: Fortress Maximus was designed to replace the aging Omega Weapons series. He was built using the most advanced (and in some cases completely experimental) technologies, who’s purpose was to allow him to enter any battlefield and achieve total superiority. He splits into 3 distinct components:

Fortress: The smallest unit, who also contains the spark. In robot mode, he’s about the same height as Ultra Magnus and transforms into a Cybertronian hauler truck. His offensive capabilities are some what limited, relying on a pair of twin wrist mounted blasters or the Master Sword. Fortress also forms the head of Cerebros.

Cerebros: This is the intermediary form and acts as the key for the Maximus Battle Cruiser. In robot mode, Cerebros is larger than most combiners, with the power and armour to match. He’s armed with a Light Photon Rifle, a scaled down version of Fortress Maximus’ weapon. He can also wield the Master Sword.

Cerebros transforms into an Orbital Assault Shuttle (Similar to those from Dark of the Moon). In this mode it is equipped with a pair of forward mounted Auto-cannons and a pair of heavy Concussion Missile Launchers that fire guided missiles that trigger a small implosion upon impact with a massive concussion shockwave doing great damage over a limited area. It can also carry up to 3 normal sized Autobots, though not comfortably. This is primarily used to extract wounded troopers. There is a large amount of Mass Shifting between Robot and shuttle/head mode. Cerebros also forms the head of Fortress Maximus. It can dock with the Maximus Cruiser via a docking socket.

Fortress Maximus: This is the main heavy cruiser and garrison. His size and power is incomparable to the average Transformer. His armour plating is thick enough to withstand everything short of a direct nuclear hit, and even then, it would probably survive. Each of his three modes offers different offensive and defensive capabilities. Fortress Maximus is powered by an experimental Anti-Matter Reactor - which can power his weapons, star-drive and provide Energon for the Autobots stationed aboard. In all modes, his sensors are powerful enough to detect targets over a light-year away and track 80+ targets over a battlefield.

Garrison Mode: This mode offers the most defensively. He serves as an outpost and communications hub. He can serve as a home for 10 Autobot warriors comfortably with housing, refueling ports, recreation areas, briefing rooms and control hubs. He has an automated medical bay, capable of handling 4 Autobots at a time.

Battle Cruiser Mode: This is his most massive form, measuring almost a mile and a half long. He can bring most of his weapon systems to bare and rain down destruction on it’s target. It’s flight system allows it to leave planetary orbit or hover a few metres above the battlefield. It’s weapon systems include:

Three Proton Torpedo launchers which fire small packets of Anti-Matter (aprox. 8oz) - Two are front mounted, just above the launch bays, the third is rear-mounted just above the launch bay.

Dual High Frequency Maser (Microwave Amplification through Stimulation of Emitted Radiation) Cannons, which are capable of punching holes in asteroids, mounted on the top of the front pylons.

Twin Ion Pulse and Auto-Cannons mounted on the bottom of each rear pylon.

Twin Particle Beam Emitter Cannon, the Maximus’ main weapon - this weapon can punch a hole in a moon, given enough time.

The Maximus can maintain a maximum sub-light speed of .8 Light and has an experimental (and untested) FTL drive.

Robot Mode: Fortress Maximus’ final and ultimate form. In this mode, he is a warrior standing 1 mile tall. His strength is unsurpassed and he has access to his most powerful weapons. In addition to the Maser, Ion Pulse and Auto-Cannons, he deploys a hand held dual laser cannon and high output Photon Rifle. At any time, Fortress Maximus can summon the Master Sword from subspace. This giant blade is made from a piece of stellar core (the heart of a dead star) and has been honed to a mono-molecular blade and is capable of slicing through anything.

His ultimate weapon is the Reflex Cannon mounted at his waist. Taking a few moments to charge, the cannon will obliterate anything in it’s path, reducing it to atoms.

Fortress Maximus’ greatest asset on the field is his psychological aspect. The average Decepticon grunt has been known to run when the Maximus arrives on the field.

Cog’s old body was repaired and turned into a maintenance drone.

Weaknesses: Fortress Maximus has no known physical weakness.

The Particle Beam and Reflex Cannons take 30 seconds to recharge after firing. Fortress will not use either weapon on a living being.

Fortress Maximus’ greatest weakness, from a military standpoint, is his refusal to be a front-line weapon. Due to the circumstances of his creation and the spark inhabiting his body, Fortress has no respect for Sentinel Prime or Prowl. He will follow orders only when he believes them to be right - Defensive actions and rescue missions. He will ignore any other orders from Autobot Command... not that there’s much they can do about it.

Appearance: Fortress Maximus appears exactly as his toy, with the exception of the fact that he has a neck. Robot mode is 1 mile tall. Cruiser mode is 1.5 miles long and it’s central tower is just under a mile tall. The front “feet” serve as launching bays with the “shutters” on the side being the receiving bays. The legs are the primary barracks, with each room shifting in formation. The main tower holds refuelling, briefing and entertainment rooms, with the bridge being located at the top (the glass goes across both halves). Under the tower is a secondary launch bay, medical bay and engineering. The centre “ramp” holds the main sublight drive, and each arm holds the experimental FTL drive. The ramps on the top serve as shielding.
Sasquatch

Overlord

Post by Sasquatch »

Name: Overlord
Affiliation: Decepticon
Function: Self contained nomadic assault machine
Primary weapons: Transtector Destroyer Cannon, javelin, short sword
Altmode: Cybertronian main battle tank (t-90 on earth)

Strength - 8.9
Intelligence - 7.8
Speed - 6.7
Endurance - 9.5
Rank - 9.8
Courage - 6.9
Firepower - 6.9
Skill - 7.0

Profile: Little is known about Overlord's past other than his original name "Giga". What is well documented is his meteroric rise in the underground gladiator rings where he went by the name "Gigatron". His rise to the top was to be short lived as he was defeated by Megatron the reigning champ (is it alright if I use another person's character like this?) After his humiliating loss he adopted a new color scheme and a new name "Overlord" in an effort to distance himself from his hated foe.

Personality: Overlord is what the humans would call "a violent sociopath" He is rather strong and intelligent, but he truly believes that he is the strongest and most intelligent Cybertronian to exist. He has no trouble tearing another mech limb from limb, especially if it leads to his goal of galactic conquest. He is however smart enough to not allow others to know the full extent of his desires. Even so far as to become paranoid when dealing with others.

Weaknesses: Overlord has bought into his own hype and when confronted with a loss he can enter stasis lock for prolonged periods afterwards. He has also shown that he can manipulate his own memory to better suit his reality. Overlord is also incapable of forming real bonds, even amongst fellow Decepticons.

(OOC: I hope this is ok, since no one responded to the claim that I posted)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I like where this is going.