[New RPG] Where are we going?

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?

Do you want to go to Earth

Yes, it's why I joined the "New RPG"
44%
No, I'd rather have robots on their own turf
No votes
Sure... at some point... why not?
44%
I really don't care.
11%

Total votes: 9

Brave Maximus

Where are we going?

Post by Brave Maximus »

I'm not really one to bitch & Complain (ok, actually, I do that a bit... but... shhhh).

But I have some questions for this RPG community.

We started a new RPG. To be new, different, something we've never had before.

As the "planning" started and our mods opened things up to the community, we had threads like "What's your Earth mode going to be" "Human holograms" and "Should we have human player characters"

Currently, we're on Cybertron. The war (if there is one) hasn't broken out. There hasn't even been real hostilities.

My question is this, to the players - do you want to go to Earth? Or is this going to be a Cybertron based RPG?

Let me explain my concerns: In most TF story lines - War starts, lasts a LONG time, devistates the planet, they leave, they arrive on Earth, start the whole Robots in Disguise thing.

Currently, we're at the beginning of that arc. It could take years, or longer to play out the "Great War". This is if people even want to go to Earth.

So... what do you guys think/want.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Once the war starts, it will be going downhill very fast and everyone will get booted to Earth. Don't worry, that is indeed going to happen. In fact we're right on the edge of a couple of things that are going to happen that should definitely kick things off (Predacon and friends setting up for field trip to a Temple, among other things)
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

I don't mind that it takes a little while for us to get to Earth. It at least gives me the chance to set up some relationships between various characters. :)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I'm the one who voted for the fourth option.

Personally, I want us to go to Earth fast, because I've never RPG-ed on Earth before, and it would be fun. But it need some time for the characters to organically develop. We don't have to have years-long war before the Transformers come to Earth.

Either way, it's a bit of fun either way on Cybertron or on Earth, so I don't mind.

I'm being unhelpful, am I?
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I'm having fun too, please don't get me wrong.

Especially this... version of Ginrai. I'm kind of curious how I'm going to turn him from an assassin to some one of moral conviction and what not. I think the destruction of the Temple's going to help that.

But - I'm really looking forward to Earth... and maybe things in the Earth System.

I just was curious if there was a plan and... if I was the only one looking forward to Earth. ^^
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

It's actually pretty fundamental for the plans I have with some of my characters even that we go to Earth :lol:
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

If it was just up to me, we wouldn't have seen Cybertron at all and we'd just have started on Earth from the get-go. So I'm as eager to get there as can be.
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

I think we should create a new planet and have the Decepticons initiate the various phases, and perhaps eventually destroy it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Like I said, we're all undoubtedly going to Earth one way or another. I don't mind either way. Earth would be exciting, but I like Cybertron as well. It's fine by me either way...

Although Earth means Beast Modes FTW!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

some of us already have a beast mode ;)
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

**** all y'all. I'm still going to Quintessa.

Still working on the Quintesson background.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

Blaster wrote:**** all y'all. I'm still going to Quintessa.

Still working on the Quintesson background.
We need to work the Junkions in on that.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

MortalTreason wrote:We need to work the Junkions in on that.
Why? Why in God's name would I do that to a race I am putting effort into actually being menacing and a genuine threat?

Junkions make me a sad panda bear.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Can I play a Judge?
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blackjack wrote:Can I play a Judge?
JUDGES ARE GONE, YO.

Well, not gone. But the whole "Imperial Court" dealie that they had going, is gone. You can play their equivalent, which are still the five-faced-folk.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

No more 'Feed him to the Sharkticons'?

Ah, well, for the better, I suppose. I just hope the ruling court, secretive council or something similar is still in place...
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Blackjack wrote:No more 'Feed him to the Sharkticons'?

Ah, well, for the better, I suppose. I just hope the ruling court, secretive council or something similar is still in place...
There is a similar hierarchy of the forms, and there is still a "Feed him to the Sharkticons" type idea. No more court though. Space Court was a ridiculous idea.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

MortalTreason wrote:We need to work the Junkions in on that.
You were on to something. You didn't know it at the time. I didn't know it at the time, but now I know that you were. Oooooh boy do I have plans!

Still need more people willing to go into Quintesson space over Earth.
MortalTreason

Post by MortalTreason »

Blaster wrote:You were on to something. You didn't know it at the time. I didn't know it at the time, but now I know that you were. Oooooh boy do I have plans!

Still need more people willing to go into Quintesson space over Earth.
Or maybe I knew all along what I knew then, but now that you know something new you should share it.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

All of my current roster (Including my "Claimed" character... that I'm not sure I'll be allowed to play, but meh) - are all going to Earth.

Once we get to the point where I can claim one or two more, I'll be up for some Quintesson stuff.... maybe.