[G1 RPG] Terminus: The King is Dead (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Corridors

Ramjet gave Misfire a funny look. "You alright?" he asked the only non-seeker in their air group. Then he smiled. "Come on, it's not that bad! I mean, look on the bright side. You've got me'n'Thrust here to watch your back."

He gave Thrust a conspiratorial look. "We won't run out on Misfire here, will we?"

Disused Smelting Pool, Darkmount

Kickback laughed. "Yeah, but it's my job to get into places I'm not supposed to me. They can't get mad at me for that. But it's your job to stop me, old friend."

He slapped Shrapnel on the back, then transformed into insect mode so that he'd fit inside of their pod. All around him, the various clones transformed and did the same.

"Not exactly the roomiest place in the world, is it?"

"Oh, don't worry about that," Overkill told Aimless. "Don't worry about that at all. These things have a tapedeck!"

He and aimless both transformed into tape mode and landed in the Nebulan's lap. Howlback gave him an imperious look and said, "Insert me into the controls, fleshling," before she did the same.

Soundwave collected his tapes inside his chest compartment, allowing his hand to rest on it in an expression of familiar contentment for a second before he transformed and landed in the first pod's control jack.

"Be ready," he transmitted to the other pods. "The Warworld is nearly here. We'll launch within two minutes."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Disused Smelting Pool, Darkmount

Retcon transformed and rolled up into a ball.

"It is slightly on the snug side."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

"Yeah, I'm allright." Misfire told Ramjet and Thrust, smiling weakly. "Just... I just never would've thought I would fly into battle without my mouthy gun. My mostly useless gun."

He turned around, looking at all the Seekers trooping around him, and mentally sighed. "It's also the first time where everybody almost looked the same. Usually it was just me, Slugslinger and Triggerhappy. Needlenose and Spinister also came along for the ride later on. Things change, huh?"

Misfire shook his head. "If I survive, I'll buy a conehead hat."

Pod Number Two

As Retcon, Kickback and Shrapnel shrunk and entered, the Bombshell-controlled Needler, the only one among the Insecticons that had not shrunk, made a click and wrapped his claws around the control sticks and began to take off.

"We're Insecticons, Insecticons." Shrapnel told Kickback, chuckling. "Any of us are more liable to help you than to stop you, you. Though granted, if I had not helped you, we wouldn't have a ready-made little militia to fight Megatron, Megatron."

"Taking off now." Bombshell informed the other Insecticons.

Shrapnel made a buzzing sound. "You're letting your pet drive, drive?"

"I'm controlling him. I'm driving." Bombshell told Shrapnel.

"Like you drove that bloody Overcharge drone, drone?"

"Still sore about that, huh?"

"Damn right I am, am."

Pod Number Four

Aimless nodded dumbly as he received the three cassettes.

He inserted Howlback into the control panel, idly wondering why they still used cassettes, even in Cybertron, but decided not to dwell on it.

Please please please let me get through this

Pod Number Three

Blackjack squeezed into the third pod, as the three Insecticon clones buzzed in and perched on his shoulder, the control panel and his lap.

It was a tight fit, and Blackjack winced as the pod's hatch slammed shut on his feet.

"So... what do you guys like to do? Are you guys like Shrapnel and the others?" Blackjack asked, prodding the Shrapnel-lookalike on his feet.

"Dessert!" Zaptrap replied after a moment's silence.

"Food!" Shothole chirped.

"PUDDING!" Salvo said, and the three clones began chanting 'pudding'.

"Uh. Right." So much for Insecticon parenting, then... Blackjack shook his head. "So much for my dreams of leading the Insecticon Clone Patrol..."

Scorponok's voice would hail them on the general Decepticon frequency. "Starscream, Soundwave, whichever of you hears this first... the Warworld is in your airspace. I do hope that thing you have on Darkmount is ready to use. Just don't shoot on us."

Indeed, if someone looked outside, like Bonecrusher, who was currently clearing out debris from the place that Gravedigger had recommended, one could see the Warworld in the sky...
Chip1123
Protoform

Corridors, Darkmount

Post by Chip1123 »

"Nah. We don't run out on people. We just follow through with retreats that others sometimes don't hear." Thrust said to Ramjet, laughing. Hearing Misfire's comment, he laughed some more. "Don't knock the conehead. It has its uses. Just ask Ramjet."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Darkmount

Misfire rubbed the top of his head and winced at Thrust's comment.

"I don't really fancy knocking my head onto others..."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

Ramjet laughed when Misfire suggested becoming a conehead. "I think he's got that disease that makes Autobots paint themselves up like Optimus, 'cept for him he wants to be a seeker."

The group arrived in the hangar bay, and Starscream strode to the head of the line.

"Unless you have any last-minute questions," he told them, "then, my Decepticons, transform and take to the skies! The Constructicons and ground troops will be right behind us."

He said that last bit with a sidelong glance at Scrapper, who barely looked up from the shuttle he was inspecting long enough to give his 'leader' a nod. The new, experimental ship was simply too impressive to want to take his eyes off of.

Pod Number Two

Kickback shook his head. "Water under the bridge," he told Shrapnel. "It's not like we haven't all taken turns messing up each other's plans over the years."

Pod Number Four

Howlback interfaced with the pod's very limited flight controls and started a preflight checklist. Ten she asked Aimless, "Are you alright? You seem a bit...jittery."

Pod Number One

Soundwave received Scorponok's transmission. In reply, he just said, "Don't get in our line of fire."

Then he sent a quick transmission to the launcher's controls, locking onto the Warworld as a target and starting a firing countdown.

"Decepticons, prepare yourselves. Launch in five, four, three two, one."

The pods accelerated with breakneck speed, but their inertial dampeners were so strong that it would only feel like a slight push to the passengers.

"Time to Warworld: ten seconds."

(OOC: Over to Crystal City now.)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

"No way, Ramjet." Misfire shook his head, rapping his fist against his chest. "This body is so much more awesome than a Seeker frame. Better looking jet mode, too." At Starscream's order, Misfire leapt into the air, transforming into his jet mode and shot into the sky. Time for redemption, then.

Pod Number Two

"Talk talk talk." Bombshell scolded Kickback and Shrapnel. "We take off now."

Commanding Needler to perform preflight checks, Bombshell nodded with satisfaction. Upon Soundwave's orders, the Insecticon's little pod zipped into space.

Pod Number Four

"I'm not fine." Aimless muttered. "This is a bad idea. Bad idea..."

Pod Number Three

"Pod Three, launching." Blackjack said, and the pod likewise shot into space after the others.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

"Right. You just keep on tellin' yourself that, Pinkie Pie." Ramjet gave Misfire a sarcastic wave, then transformed to jet mode and blasted off behind him. The squad of Darkmount seekers weren't far behind, although they were still moving tentatively due to the shock of seeing their leader gunned down in front of them.

Starscream watched his soldiers move out, allowing himself a minute to savour the fact that, finally, they truly were his. But time waited for no mech, and he knew he didn't have the luxury of enjoying his triumph for too long.

Later, he told himself. When Gigatron's head is sitting on a pike outside of Darkmount. Then I can rest on my laurels for a little while. But for now, it's onward and upward.

The Decepticon leader transformed to jet mode and blasted off, falling in behind his fliers.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies

Misfire gave Ramjet a chuckle. "It's the truth, Pencil Head."

As he shot through the sky, Misfire marveled at how easy flying came to him... if only firing, targeting and shooting would've been quite the same... no matter how much he practiced to be a marksman... he never improved. Not even getting drafted in Nebulos to become part of the super gun-slinging Targetmasters could cure his lack of skill...

But that was with Aimless.

Let's see if Misfire could carve his destiny alone. Not as a Targetmaster, but just as Misfire.

Too long he had relied on Targetmaster technology. Too long he had relied on a stupid, lazy organic. He is a proud Decepticon warrior.

He will prove his worth.

Misfire's on-board cannons whined as they slid out from recessed compartments, a long-unused place since Aimless had taken their place.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skies

Ramjet laughed. "This pointy head of mine means I never have to worry 'bout hittin' anything," he told Misfire. "How's that workin' out for ya, by the way?"

"Quit bickering," Starscream lectured them from the rear. "Onward to battle, my Decepticons!"

(OOC: Off to Protihex now for the jets!)

Scrapper finished his pre-flight check on the lovely new shuttle, then climbed back out to wait for the rest of his team to arrive.
Blackjack

OOC: wasn't Bonecrusher supposed to level an old building to make the hospital or something?

Post by Blackjack »

Skies

"I'll try hitting something this time." Misfire told Ramjet. "Without a fleshbag gun, I do hope all the effort I've put in would pay off. Else I'm giving up gunning and I'll buy a reinforced conehead from e-Swindle."

Glancing at Starscream (well, as much as a jet can 'glance' without changing course, anyway) Misfire chuckled. "He's not going to lead in front of us, isn't he?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

OOC: Yes, but they're supposed to build the building in Protihex to help the war effort.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Stores

Gravedigger pointed

"There it is fraggin prefab, I think it's all slaggin there. But you can dip me in sump oil if i'm slaggin wrong cos the slaggin slag has been cluttering up this fraggin romm for slaggin eons."
Blackjack

(OOC: Also, who's playing Mixmaster, Long Haul and Hook?)

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: I'll chalk it up to Bonecrusher being a dunce then. :glance:)

Ruins of a random deserted building

"Scrapper?" Bonecrusher said, "Where you guys at? I just demolished the building thing, waiting for th' lot of y'all to arrive an' started buildin'."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

Scrapper groaned. "We're supposed to be building the hospital in Protihex, Bonecrusher," he said patiently. "I hope you didn't just demolish something important. If anyone asks, just tell them that their new lord and master, Starscream, authorized it."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Streets

Bonecrusher blinked.

"Uh... I knew that." He lied blatantly. "I was, uhh, practicin'. Yeh." The Constructicon transformed into bulldozer mode and rolled towards Darkmount.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

(OOC: Mixmaster, Long Haul and Hook are all standing in the shuttle being very quiet. :glance: )

Scrapper sighed. "Just get back here," he told Bonecrusher. "Gravedigger and Scavenger should have our supplies coming up the freight elevator any second and I don't want to delay our departure any more than we absolutely have to."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Freight Elevator

Gravedigger growled.

"watch what you're doind Scavvy you alsmost crushed my foot with that slaggin panel."

Scavenger looked embarassed.

"Sorry GD it won't happen again."
Blackjack

OOC: can I have dibs on Long Haul? :)

Post by Blackjack »

Streets

All Decepticons could fly in robot mode.

Many of them prefer not to, of couse. Seekers have their jet modes, and most others prefer to keep their wheels on the ground. Flying isn't something that comes easily to everybody, and to Bonecrusher in particular, he didn't like flying when he didn't have to.

Now, however, was definitely a time when flying was required.

Transforming into robot mode, Bonecrusher shot into the air, flight engines aiming him towards Darkmount's Rooftop Hangar. He landed in a rather ungraceful smash on one side of the hangar, shook the impact off and ambled towards Scrapper and the Constructicon shuttle.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

Scrapper buried his head in his hands as Bonecrusher flew in, smashing the equipment up at the side of the room.

"You're never allowed to fly again," he told the demolitions expert.

Then he heard the freight elevator rumbling up toward them, and he added, "But you're right on time, at least."