[G1 RPG] Terminus: The King is Dead (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

"Boo." Bonecrusher told Scrapper. "I didn't break anything-" he took a step, and something snapped audibly under his feet "-important. Yeh."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

"Just get on the shuttle before you hurt yourself," Scrapper told Bonecrusher. "And send Long Haul out here. He'll need to help Gravedigger and Scavenger load the equipment they've retrieved."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

Bonecrusher nodded at Scrapper as he entered the ship, slapping Long Haul on the shoulder. "Yo, Long Haul! Boss wants you out to lug in some stuff."

Long Haul's red optics flashed angrily. Ignoring Mixmaster and Hook, the Constructicon transport growled and muttered under his breath as he stalked out of the shuttle. "Move this, move that..." Long Haul grumbled as he walked up beside Scrapper. "When the frag do I get to actually construct something?"

(OOC: I'm NPC-ing Long Haul, Mixmaster and Hook unless any of you wants them, in which case feel free. :))
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar

Gravedigger swore

"Don't frop the Slaggin ' thing again or it'll get stuck in the slaggin door."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

"Oh, shaddap, you." Long Haul told Gravedigger. "Bad enough that all of y'all get to build stuff and repair others while I carry things around, I don't need y'all to tell me how to do my job, you know, the job I've been stuck with for four million years!"

Bonecrusher yelled from inside the shuttle, "Y'know, Scraps, y'might wan'na let Long Haul build a small little building for himself. Just to shut him up."

Mixmaster let out a wild laugh from inside the shuttle, slapping an irate Hook on the shoulder. Hook, for his part, muttered something under his breath about madness and the lack of discipline, and busied himself with a report of Devastator's systems.

"Yeah, and my team, my very own gestalt team that shares my mind and stuff, you'd expect them to understand, but noooo...." Long Haul continued to rant as he moved the equipment that Gravedigger and Scavenger had brought up to them.

Hook, Mixmaster and Bonecrusher ignored Long Haul, they were used to their Constructicon brother's complainings by that point.

Plus, let Long Haul build anything supervised (contrary to Long Haul's complains, it had been done before) and it'll probably have some weak spot or defect.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar

Gravedigger launched a stream of invective at Long Haul

"Shaddap yaself you fraggin slagger, hello mould brother here. So I get to do exactly the same fraggin kind of things as you do you fragger. But do I get invited to join your lardy dah gestalt team you can bet your aft that I didn't you slagger. Look after the Fraggin' stores Gravedigger. While you get to travel and explore the slaggin universe and fight slaggin autobots for fun. I get to count slaggin spares and try to balance the slaggin bbooks."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

"See? You're of the same build as I am but y'get to do other things other than haul stuff like this around. Y'get to do inventories and balance materials and interesting stuff like that. Me? All I get all day long is abuse and 'Long Haul, move this pile of dirt here, Long Haul, move these bricks there'..." Long Haul sighed as he placed another stack of equipment into the shuttle, moving very efficiently and expertly despite his ramblings.

Mixmaster elbowed Hook again (who was still ignoring the chemist). "Hey, Doctor Crank, do you think it's connected to their- hee hee- body frames, all that complaining? Do you think it's a body frame endemic disease? Hee hee hee."

"Good one, Mix ol' boy!" Bonecrusher guffawed at Mixmaster's joke, high-fiving the chemist, while Hook rolled his red optics in irritation.

Mixmaster poked his head out of the shuttle door and gestured at Scavenger. "C'mon, Scrounge! Let Long Haul do his stuff. Don't just stand there, we don't have all day. Hee hee hee ho!"

-Such immaturity. If they were not gestalt-mates with me, I would have left this team a long time ago...- Hook thought, although he knew it wasn't really an option. For lack of a Cybertronian term, Hook knew that a gestalt team was a family. Once combined with the others, Hook carried a little bit of the others in him. And while he loathed to imagine that a little bit of his ordered mind was now contaminated with Mixmaster or Bonecrusher or Long Haul or Scavenger, Hook knew it couldn't be helped... and dysfunctional as the Constructicons may be, they were his team.

"You think being part of a gestalt team is all fun? I form the crotch for Primus' sake, and after watching wrestling films on Earth that's where the Autobots like to attack. And you'd think the others would be sympathetic after, you know, sharing me mind and all, but noooo...." Long Haul continued to ramble.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar

Gravedigger transformed , loaded himself up and trundled after Long Haul

"Crotch ! You were lucky to be a Crotch !! They could get by without a limb or two but you and Hook essential pieces of the slagger. There were days
when I dreamed of being able to stand up as part of a huge terrifying gestalt.
The days when the Slaggin' Quintessons were here that I dreamed of being able to move piles of dirt around. Living on the move with only what I could carry. Recharging in holes in the ground draped with Tarpaulins. As for be a Gestalt you're the key piece. Having to work with Autobots and not even proper Autobots like Repugnus but liberal Autobots, ex aristocrats and artists... not even practical Artists like Scrapper but..."

Gravedigger lowered his voice

"...ex- Poets....

~*~

Scavenger eagerly bounded over with a pile of materials to the shuttle.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

"No we couldn't, the gestalt mind would be fractured if a limb goes off missing. Devastator would grind into a halt and force a separation thing. In theory. Although I suppose if you shot Bonecrusher in the head, Devastator's mind won't be affected much."

"EY!"

"You know, we shoul'a been able to modify you so you could substitute in for me. 'Course, again the Devastator mind would prove problems because with a different set of minds it wouldn't be the same Devastator and all..."

"It's a vexing conundrum, though." Hook spoke up, not looking up from his readings. "We will have to look into it once this little fiasco is done and over with."

Long Haul chuckled. "Yeh, I hear you Grave. Damned Autobots, bloody weaklings who think they can fight. You know their builders? Grapple and Hoist? Bloody wusses, both of them. All teary-eyed and so easy for us to fool. Ex-poets? Ha! Their poets can't even shoot straight, while our poets are guys like, oh, Slog and Buzzsaw, and they beat up anyone who dare say their poetry is rubbish."

"Buzzsaw did a number on you, didn't he." Bonecrusher said. "What did you call his artwork- 'bird-brained abstract art'? You're lucky he didn't kill you. Mix, Scav, you guys remember that?"

Mixmaster howled with laughter. "I remember remember remember! Buzzsaw carved in some very, very rude words onto Long Haul's face and chest! And, and, Hook and Scrapper refused to repair you because they couldn't stop laughing! Ah ha ha ha!"

Hook rolled his optics. "I wasn't unable to stop laughing, you twit. I felt it was appropriate punishment for Long Haul if he should keep acting like an idiot in front of others."

"I hate all of you." Long Haul growled.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

Scrapper slammed a hand against the side of the shuttle and barked, "Enough! In case you hadn't noticed, there's a war going on! We have our orders, and every second you buffoons waste gabbing is another Decepticon spark that's been extinguished. Now--"

Before he could finish, the hangar doors yawned open to admit Hightower and Heavy Load.

"Wait for us!" Hightower demanded.

"Right," Heavy Load said gruffly. "We're Constructicons too!"

"See what I'm saying?" Scrapper addressed the rest of his team. "If you hadn't wasted time, we'd be gone and we wouldn't have to put up with those two! Now, how long until we can take off?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

Hook stifled a groan as those boorish idiots Hightower and Heavy Load scrambled into the shuttle. Long Haul was less subtle, though, groaning openly.

Mixmaster lunged at the controls, but Bonecrusher was fast enough to hold the mad chemist back. Bad enough that they had to let Mixmaster blow things up every now and then, Bonecrusher was not about to let Mixmaster kill them by piloting the shuttle.

Hook shook his head, and strode over to the pilot's seat. He might not be an expert, but he knew how to pilot a ship well enough. "All ready, Scrapper." Hook called out, making himself comfortable in the seat. "Get in, and we'll be off to Protihex."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar

Gravedigger transformed muttering under his breath.

"some mechs can work and talk at the same time."

He then glared a tthe new arrivals.

He turned to Long Haul

"on second thoughts fraggin mould brothers should stick together right?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

"Aye, true." Long Haul told Gravedigger, bolting down the equipment in the storage compartment. Keeping his voice low so Gravedigger would be the only one to hear it, Long Haul said, "Truth be told, brother, you're, eh, you're one of us. You're a Constructicon. Not like those two knockoffs."

"Be thankful Dirt Boss ain't around, boyos." Bonecrusher said, giving Hightower and Heavy Load a friendly wave. "That guy is a total pain in the ass. Thinks he's the boss over all'a us."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar

"too slaggin right."

Gravedigger glanced around.

"let's cover each others backs in this fraggin fracas right? Look after each other."

~*~

Overload hurried into the hangar

"and me, sorry I'm late, these old bones can't move as fast as they used to."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

Long Haul nodded at Gravedigger. "Yeh. We got your back." Long Haul gave Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster a glare. "Don't we?"

Bonecrusher shrugged, Mixmaster cackled... which Long Haul took to be affirmative.

Mixmaster noticed Overload, and laughed some more. "HA! All these other Constructicons are seeping out of the woodwork. All we need are Dirt Boss, that pogo stick guy, the massive wheel guy, our tiny namesakes and that dunce Steamhammer, and we can make our own faction. Ha ha ha ha ha!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar

Overload puffed aboard

"Cheeky, I'll have you know I was a Constructicon before they invented them. Back then I was a Sapper, 3rd Polyhex Engineers as was. The idea of a Constructicon is a realtively modern one."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

Mixmaster cackled at Overload's answer. "Don't care, gramps. We're Constructicons now. Aha. Ahahahahaha!"

Hook shook his head at Mixmaster. The surgeon was really on his wits ends. Drivel like this, Hook was relatively sure, was what caused them to be killed in the first place. "Scrapper, are we ready for take off?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar

Overload stepped aboard and straightened the years apparently dropping off as he returned to his natural environment and years of NCO training reasserted themselves.

"Back in the day soldier we had discipline. Now like the officer said sparks are relying us Con's are dying every cycle we waste. Now I suggest somemech forwards the officer the shuttles invoice to make sure we've got everything then one last weapons check a swig of energon all round."

He turned to Longhaul and Gravedigger

"Take it from an old transport logistics is the lynchpin without us getting the right stuff in the right quantities to the right place nothing else would get done round here."

He snapped to attention and saluted Scrapper.

"Regimental Quartermaster Sergeant Overload reporting for duty a pleasure to be back Sah."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

Scrapper gaveOverload a confused look, then shrugged and said, "Good to have you, whoever you are. Go to the cockpit and keep an eye on the engine readouts." Looking over his shoulder at the other Constructicons, he said, "We're leaving before anyone else shows up."

He practically punched the ramp-seal button, making sure that no more unwanted visitors show up.

"Hook, get us the hell out of here. Heavy Load, handle the guns. If Dirt Boss or Payload show up, feel free to get in some target practice."

"With pleasure, boss!" Heavy Load gave him an enthusiastic salute, then walked off.

Scrapper settled into his head, sighing. "At least Buckethead won't be showing up..." he muttered to himself.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar

Overload saluted again.

"Consider it done sah."

He turned on his heel and limped towards the cockpit.