[G1 RPG] Terminus: The King is Dead (Polyhex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

OOC: Buckethead? Sure, why not?

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Shuttle

"Yeah, we've been doing this for four million years, of course we know what we're doin', old-timer." Long Haul told Overload, elbowing Gravedigger knowingly.

Mixmaster's only response to Overload, was, as always, a howling cackle. Bonecrusher slapped Mixmaster over the head to shut the chemist up.

"Buckethead, he's the teensy weensy Micromaster, isn't he, boss? I think I r'member 'im." Bonecrusher asked Scrapper. "He's th'- AAAAA!"

Bonecrusher very nearly crushed the tiny green payloader that toddled out from under his feet and transformed. "Hi, daddy." Buckethead said, deadpan. "Nice to feel wanted.

"Oh, I r'member y' allright." Bonecrusher growled as Buckethead waved at Scrapper. "Y're th' little pipsqueak Scrapper. Ain't no place for kids, this."

"I'm as good as any of you lunkheads!" Buckethead began, but yelped as Bonecrusher lifted him up with two fingers pinched on the payloader, and then flicked the little Micromaster off towards the back of the shuttle, where Long Haul caught Buckethead with one hand, and tossed the Micromaster towards the equipment pile.

Mixmaster let out another peal of laughter at this sight.

"Affirmative. Scrapper." Hook said disdainfully, through gritted teeth. Sometimes, being a Constructicon was harder than it is supposed to be. He had grown accustomed to ignoring Long Haul's complaints, that confounded laugh of Mixmaster's and Bonecrusher's rowdy jokes. Gravedigger was... he was okay, and Hightower did help to bring them back to life, sort of. But the rest of the motley neo-Constructicons, Hook looked down with disdain. Muttering something along the lines of being a surgeon and not a pilot, Hook brought the shuttle into the air and shot away towards Protihex.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Constructicon Shuttle

There was a snort from a pile of supplies that had already been on the shuttle when they had entered.

"Who disturb Payloads rest, me trying to find quiet place to recharge."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Shuttle

"YAAA!" Long Haul yelped as Payload popped out. "The heck are you doing there?"

Buckethead yelped helplessly as he tumbled off Payload's head and down onto the ground with a thud. "Why do you guys like to pick on the small guyssssAAAAAAAA-" Buckethead's words went unfinished as Long Haul punted him away and he skittered across the floor and landed next to Scrapper's feet. "Daddy they're bullyin' me."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Constructicon Shuttle

Sledge (the powercore combiner one) shrugged.

"I do not he must have sneaked in to find somewhere quiet to do ze recharging."

Sledge held a box very carefully so as not to snag it on his chest mounted sawblade.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Shuttle

When Sledge, Payload and Buckethead did make themselves known, Hook did let out a long groan.

Why do all these idiots crawl out of the woodwork?

Hook shook his head, and placed the shuttle on autopilot for the time being. Once they enter the battle zone, he will take over manually, but for now, he let himself drift in contemplation of the upcoming battle.

Battle. Despite being medics and construction workers, the fact that they were Decepticons meant that the Constructicons would undoubtedly find themselves in some sort of battle before the day ended. The cons of being a war-like race. Not that Bonecrusher and Long Haul made avoiding battles any easier, mind.

Oh, Hook did not hate battles per se. He liked shooting down the enemy, he knew his duty as a Decepticon and things like that. But he was a surgeon, a builder... and while he enjoyed inflicting pain, destruction was never his forte at all.

Which was why the Constructicons had duties allotted to each other. While all of them excelled in constructions (despite the fact that Long Haul never got to do anything, despite the fact that Mixmaster is a complete lunatic, Bonecrusher is a moron and Scavenger is a wide-eyed approval-seeking puppy) they were the best in their respective areas of expertise. The six of them. Hook is the surgeon, Scrapper is the architect, Scavenger is the one who finds materials, Bonecrusher is responsible for demolitions, Long Haul is the most efficient transporter in Cybertron and Mixmaster is the chemist.

All six of them were the best at what they did.

Construction.

They were the Constructicons. Love it or hate it, Hook had grown... fond of his 'brothers'.

But...

Devastator...

Hook remembered the first time he combined with the other five to form Devastator. In theory, combination should have increased their brainpower as well as their power. Creating a gestalt mind that was the sum of all six of their respective intelligences, a fluid mixture of all their thoughts and ideas, a faultless Senate of sorts.

And while combining into Devastator did allow them to have a peek into the other Constructicons, allowed them to feel what the others felt, the end result was not what they had expected.

Devastator was feral. A force of rage and anger, and their gestalt mind's most coherent thought amounted to 'Devastator SMASH'.

Hook personally dreaded combining back into Devastator... all that rage, all that uncontrollable rage... even now, so many years after the fact, Devastator was still something that no Constructicon was able to put on a leash at all...

Mixmaster was howling with laughter. Long Haul was lobbing insults at the neo-Constructicons. Hook was doing his 'OMG why am I surrounded with idiots' moment. Scrapper was trying to take charge. Scavenger looking all excited.

Bonecrusher shook his head, chuckling. This was how the Constructicons always were.

Contrary to popular belief, Bonecrusher was not stupid. Just because he acted like a thug, and loved demolitions, many others brand Bonecrusher as 'stupid thug'. Like Rumble, or Skywarp, or Ramjet. No, far from it. He was a Constructicon, and while he was not as smart as Scrapper or Hook or crazy old Mixmaster, Bonecrusher understood more than he let on.

He understood engineering, he understood repairs, he understood construction...

And he understood that this battle might be the one that not all of them might walk out from. Bonecrusher placed a hand on his chest, and chuckled. His... Spark. Sparks. Something that Bonecrusher steered away from, because of all the mystic juju surrounding it. A piece of Primus' life force? Their soul that arrived from the Well of All Sparks?

True, the Spark powers a Transformer, separates them from the inanimate machines, but Bonecrusher, being a being of science, did not put much stock in all these mystical stuff. It was positrons and electrons, something akin to a central power source. Vital when destroyed. Their lifeline. Simple as that.

Yet... he couldn't deny that when Glit and Hightower and Tinker brought him back, he felt as if he was taken from... somewhere else. From where they went after they died.

And, Bonecrusher silently made a promise to himself, he'll be damned if he let any of the Constructicons die again in the battle. He will not let them die.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

Heavy Load, his mental capacities seriously diminished by all the chemical fumes his brain module had been exposed to over the years, followed Scrapper's joking order to the letter. He spun around and fired his wrist blasters at Payload. His cement-mixer drum snapped open as well, revealing his missile launcher.

Scrapper groaned. "I was being facetious, you moron!" Then he looked down at Buckethead and growled, "Piss off, you moron. And don't call me 'daddy' again or when I tell Heavy Load to shoot you it won't be a joke. He's already killed one idiot with your name, I'm sure a second won't bother him much."

Meanwhile, Drill Bit disconnected from Heavy Load and put some distance between himself and his partner. "Don't feel bad," he told Buckethead. "Damn Bulks never did appreciate us. As soon as this Imperial crap is over I'm moving to Micro."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Rooftop Hangar

Payload drew himself to his feet and stomped forward.

"Who dare attack Payload."

He clenched his fists and moved forward menancingly.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Shuttle

"Five cubes on the dump truck." Long Haul leaned towards Mixmaster, his normally grouchy optics brightening up with the possibility of a fight.

"Hee hee hee! You're on!" Mixmaster chuckled, clapping his hands together. "Go cement truck guy go!"

Bonecrusher considered walking forwards and doing the wrestling referee routine, but he caught the murderous glare in Scrapper's optics and instead settled himself in his seat to watch.

Buckethead murmured under his breath as he picked himself up and strode away from Scrapper without a word, walking towards Drill Bit.

"Yeah. Stupid bulks. Just because we're not the Constructor Squad, they lump us all into 'Constructicon wannabes'. Bah!" Buckethead snorted. "I'm coming with you, Drill Bit. We've got nothing here anyway."

Hook pinched the bridge of his nose as he took over the flight controls and steered them towards Protihex. "Why, why why why do you idiots come along..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Constructicon Shuttle

Throttler hopped down.

"whats up guys?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constucticon Shuttle

"These stupid bulks are up, that's what." Buckethead told Throttler. "Your partner any better than these Constructicon idols of ours?"

While Long Haul and Mixmaster are too absorbed with Heavy Load and Payload, Bonecrusher noticed the little dissent group. Bonecrusher's feet slammed down behind Buckethead, causing the Micromaster to let out a little squeak. "Y'know, I ain't deaf. If y'keep bitchin' 'bout how bad th' Constructicons are, Imma gonna toss y' out of this 'ere Constructicon shuttle. Capish?"

Buckethead snorted and pouted.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Constructicon Shuttle

Throttler shrugged.

"Whatcha think he's got me transforming into a fraggin drill bit for slags sake. Plus this schmuck"

He pointed at Drill Bit

"...got my fraggin name. If I'm gonna transform into a drill I could do with a better name than Throttler. "

Throttler looked up innocently at Bonecrusher.

"So Heavy Load and Sledge here are Constructicons?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Shuttle

Bonecrusher growled a little. "Oh, no, squirt. Bitch all y'want about th' Mixmaster knockoff and th' guy who stole one a' th' Constructor Squad's name, but I hear one more word o' complaint against th' Constructicons, Imma gonna stuff you midgets into Mixmaster's drum."

Bonecrusher jerked a finger at Buckethead. "Tha' goes fer you, mini-Scrapper."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Rooftop Hangar

Heavy Load shrugged, not apologetic at all.

"Oops," he said to Payload in a patently false tone of voice.

"I hear ya," Drill Bit told Buckethead. "I hear ya."

He gave Throttler a grin. "Yeah, what's up with that? I mean, I turn into a cutting laser. I don't even have bits! Where do they come up with this stuff?"

Scrapper headed into the cockpit, joining Hook and securely locking the door behind him.

"Please tell me we'll be there soon."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Rooftop Hangar

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Long Haul and Mixmaster chanted, and Bonecrusher, deciding that, what the hell, Scrapper's left, joined in the chant. "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

"Stupid bulks." Buckethead muttered under his breath as Bonecrusher moved away. "I dunno, I think they pull our names out of a hat filled with predetermined names. I mean, 'Buckethead'? I don't even have a helmet, or anything resembling a bucket on my head!"

Hook let a dry, emotionless chuckle when Scrapper entered the cockpit.

"We have departed Polyhex's airspace." Hook told Scrapper. "Yes, we shall be arriving there soon. Have you finally gotten fed up of these... these... neo-Constructicons? Truly, I find the rabble on the rear of the shuttle an insult to the Constructicon name."

(OOC: Let's go to Protihex!)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Shuttle

Payload growled.

he stomped forward.

"me think you laugh at Payload."

~*~

Scavenger peered into the cockpit.

"anything I can do to help."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Prison Tower, Darkmount

Wingthing hopped from one side of the cell that he'd called home for the last year to the other, scowling at the two Decepticons who'd come to bother him.

"Don't you two have anything better to do?"

Darkwing shrugged. "Not really. Starscream left us in charge, but, well...there's no one left to be in charge of, unless you count Metrodrones and Reflectorbots."

"Just our luck," Dreadwind added morosely. "We finally get promoted just in time to see everyone we know fly off to their deaths and leave us behind."

"At least you're on the right side of the bars," Wingthing told them.

"For all the good it does us," Dreadwind grumbled. "All alone with nothing to do but harass criminals. And we didn't even piss off Soundwave to wind up here."

Darkwing nodded. "Yeah! And another th..." He trailed off. "You hear that?"

"No! I didn...yeah, actually," Dreadwind agreed. "A storm?"

"Not likely," Darkwing told us. "With our luck, a ship probably crashed into the smelting pools." He looked out the room's visitor window, then stepped back with a shocked look on his face. "Or...not."

"What are you on about, idiot?" Wingthing hopped up onto one of the perches he'd crafted and hauled himself up toward his own window. "What could be..."

Then he saw it.

A beam of light, easily a mile wide, was slicing it's way across the city. It left nothing in it's wake but smoke and steam, not just melting metal but turning it into a thick vapour that condensed into small, grey drops and rained back toward the ground. And it was heading toward Darkmount with stunning speed.

"Oh."

"I knew it," Dreadwind said, almost happily. "We're doomed."

Wingthing tried to open his mouth and shout something abusive back at the Powermaster...but before he could the beam sliced neatly through Darkmount itself. The fortress and all the Decepticons in it simply ceased to exist.

(OOC: Thread closed on account of Polyhex no longer existing. I hope your characters didn't leave any valuables behind. :D )