[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Chessmaster (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Aero Blade's Lab

Ramjet gave Thundercracker a stern look. "Okay, first, I'm pretty sure that was an accident. Second, I showed Cerebros who was boss when I got inside, and third...come on, you have to admit that was pretty awesome. Smashing through the front window like that, transforming, coming up right in front of the captain's chair ready to kick ass...it's like a scene from an action movie! And when they shot me back out only for me to fly back in because, hey, fighter jet? Comedy gold!"

(OOC: Ramjet has a very skewed memory of one of my favourite scenes in the decade-plus I've been here. Probably all the head injuries. :) He actually got the crap kicked out of him. Though he did, naturally, land a solid headbutt in the process.)

Smiling at Aero Blade, he said, "Shot at? Guess I missed. Sounds about right. There's a reason why I prefer crashin' inta stuff, you know." He frowned when Dirge mentioned the Autobot's name. "Aero Blade, huh? Why does that sound so...oh right. Bugly kept bragging that he killed you. Always knew the creep was full of it."

Jerking his thumb at Thrust, Ramjet laughed. "Yeah, he's the normal one, poor guy. Can't imagine living like that. Me, I take being memorable and dented over forgotten and pristine any day."

And finally, the mention of Hound put him in a thoughtful mood. "Earth, huh? Can't says I blame him. Seemed like a nice place to be if you're the nature type. Not for me, though. Headbuttin' elephants doesn't seem all that sporting, you know? And giraffes would probably dodge. Plus the whole 'EDC will shoot me on sight' thing kinda puts a damper on things."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade's Lab

Dirge shrugged at Thundercracker. "I think the humans are still a bit uneasy about me in general. I try to give 'em their space." He then jerked a thumb in Aero Blade's direction. "Plus I got this guy who'll work himself to death if he doesn't get dragged away from his inventions every so often for some energon. He was too busy with his...well, ring thing over there to have even noticed the war was done. Took me and Stratus telling him before it clicked."

Aero Blade was giving Dirge a flat, semi-annoyed look before he was distracted by what Ramjet was saying. He didn't seem to understand at first, not until Stratus started almost yelling.

"Killed him?! That two-skinned freak was getting torn up by Aero! Would've diced him to pieces if not for that stupid shell-thing!"

Aero Blade looked only slightly concerned about Stratus getting worked up, but the noise had managed to trigger his memory of the event. "Oh him," Aero said briefly as though unconcerned, then a thought seemed to click into his head and Aero Blade almost looked alarmed. "Wait a minute, what has he been saying about the fight?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Aero Blade's Lab

Thundercracker shook his head. "Accident my skidplate, my 'memorable and dented' friend." The Seeker sighed. "Why didn't you just, you know, shoot Cerebros in the head when you were there? Point blank? That'd probably kill the whole city and saved us a lot of trouble. But no, mister Ramjet has to headbutt Cerebros."

The Seeker shrugged again. "Not sure why Bugly bragged so much about killing an unknown -- no offense, Aero. I mean, if he killed, like, Grimlock or Springer, that'd be something." Thundercracker glanced at Stratus. "Workaholic here diced up the Sith-Bug? Again, no offense, but unless Bugly was drunk, I'm kind of having trouble seeing that. Would be hilarious, though."

Thundercracker shrugged. "Earth's skies are... nice for flying. I admit that. I am not too fond of the humid nature... spending years cooped up in an underwater base will do that to you."

The Seeker turned to Dirge and shrugged. "Probably a good call. And I suppose the little guy isn't strong enough to drag workaholic off his table? Remind me to hook you up with some of Skywarp's old stuff. Would get him off his work in a hurry."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade's Lab

"He tries to hide it, but he's actually really good with a sword," Dirge answered to Thundercracker. "That's probably what the fuss is about. He's worried if word gets around that more sword-slingers might show up to test themselves out on him, like in those old dueling samurai flicks we watched a few times." Dirge then turned back to Aero with a broad smile. "Well I guess with him braggin' you're dead, you don't have to worry about that. You should be proud though - no con brags about killing a weakling, you must've impressed him in that fight! I'm sorry I missed it!"

Aero Blade did not look happy with the attention. In fact, he looked a tad embarrassed that the seeker was going on about this. "Dirge, you're not helping."

Dirge then heard mention of Skywarp's stuff, and he became very thoughtful, as though considering something else he'd already been plotting. "You know, now that might do it..." He said to himself.

Aero Blade's expression from before remained, and in fact was looking even more concerned. "What are you..?" He then seemed to figure out Dirge's thinking. "It's something like that stuff you keep trying to get me to have at Macaddams, isn't it?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

ISS Holding Facility

Hot Spot sighed. "Well... at least 'Bots like you and I are still around to keep folks honest." he said. "Definitely will be screening the JAGS Autobase sends our way more closely, though." He shot a careful glance back at Jazz and Steeljaw. "Err, no offense."

The once-Protectobot looked on while the two officers dragged the unconscious attorney to a suspended slab inside the cell. Once they set him down, they removed Deftwing's stasis cuffs and fitted him with an inhibitor claw.

Hot Spot once more approached the interface. He nudged his head at the pair of ISS agents, motioning them to exit. "Thanks, guys."

The Captain waited until the officers were clear of the cell before pressing a large red switch, just left of the keypad.

Deftwing slowly disappeared behind the vault as the large door swung shut. A dull thud reverberated throughout the corridor.

(OOC: The cell's 'special features' haven't been activated yet.)

---

Iacon Security Service HQ

"If you're already en route, drop him off at the Holding Facility," said Red Alert. "I'll let them know you're coming*. "The Security Director did a double-take. "Wait. Helpful...Decepticons?"

(OOC: * 'Bolts doesn't have to go inside. Just have him stop out front - or in back - and the facility's staff will take it from there. But do whatever works for you. I don't want to hold you up. Just a suggestion :)) .

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Hnn. I don't even want to know. As long they didn't cause any collateral damage. Hopefully you didn't make too much of a scene--

"You brought Slingshot to justice before he could cause more harm. That's what's important," he told Silverbolt. "And you managed to bring him back alive." The Security Director frowned. "Which is more than I can for his accomplice."

(OOC: More in my next update.)

Autobot Reconstruction Party Campaign Headquarters

First Aid laughed nervously. "You're too kind," he replied sarcastically. "I'm afraid I'll have to pass, though."

The Chief Medical Officer followed Ramhorn back into the office. His tool kit was on the table where he had left it.

"Ah, there you are."

First Aid began gathering up supplies and placing them back into the case, when Hot Rod and Trailbreaker returned from the crisis at Quadrant Epsilon.

"Oh, back so soon." He shut the tool kit and spun around to face the returning Autobots. "I gather that means Sundor is all right? Everything is sorted at the ampitheater, then?"

The Imperial Amphitheater, Quadrant Epsilon

Sireen and Rest-Q stared at each other in mute surprise.

"W4!+? H3 d!d +h!z?" Rest-Q glared down at the offline mechanoid on the stretcher. "7h!z !z +3h 5u5p3c+?!" The minibot's dialect could not disguise his obvious disgust.

"It must've been terrible. Your ordeal, I mean."

"Pfft. +3h |Sz d!d +3h r!gh+ +h!ng, !ph j00 45k m3."

Sireen gave his partner a stern look.

The two medics pulled the stretcher off the arena floor and carried it over to the waiting transport. As they moved Blades up the ramp, Sireen glanced back at Clampdown. "We'll be sure yours are well taken care of. You have my word."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Aero Blade's Lab

"Oh, nothing special," Ramjet told Aero Blade. "Apparently you're a dirty coward and he shot you while you were trying to run away, or zapped you with lightning bolts or something. Mumbled something about how you had the crazy eyes, too. You know Bugly, always..." He trailed off. "Well, nah, I guess you didn't. Well, trust me. Couldn't trust the guy as far as you could toss him. And really, don't listen to TC -- Bugly sucked. Dude got back-shot by Roadgrabber of all people 'cause he was always slagging on the rest of us. All the magic he pretended to have didn't do him much good then, eh?"

Looking over at Thundercracker, he said, "I look like a city-killer to you, hoss? I signed up to punch stuff, not to be a big damn hero to the cause. 'Sides, I actually kinda felt bad beating up Cerebros. Hard to hate a guy that sometimes wouldn't even punch back." He rubbed his neck as the memories came back. "Guess he got up on the wrong side of the recharge bed that day, huh?"

ISS Holding Facility

"Heck, screen 'em with a flamethrower for all I care," Steeljaw told Hot Spot. "Don't got much use for lawyers myself. Just get in the way of figuring out the truth."

He watched as the door slammed shut on Deftwing, then padded over to the wall and jumped up on top of a nearby shelf.

"Don't mind me," he told the others. "I'm just gonna keep watch up here in case anyone gets ideas in their head and tries to spring him."

He stretched, showing his claws.

"They won't get by me."

"Not really keen on walking," Silverbolt told Red Alert flatly, "and my engines are half blown out so I can't carry him in jet mode. I'll flag down one of your cops and get them to carry him."

He scowled as Red Alert told him that he'd done good work. "Right," he said, completely unenthused. "That's why I feel like I just got dragged through an asteroid field, I guess. But I didn't do it for justice, Red. I didn't even do it to protect Slingshot, because frankly the little punk would have deserved it if one of your mechs had dropped him. I did it because we had a deal, and I expect you to live up to your end of it."

Though he thought it was a shame that Blades had apparently been killed, he didn't say anything about that. He'd offer his condolences to Hot Spot and the rest privately when the opportunity presented itself, but right now there were bigger fish to fry (proverbially at least -- he hoped the Seacons weren't going to show up, with the Seekers getting free reign to run around the city, who could tell?).

"I don't need your word," Clampdown told Sireen. "You're doctors. I know you'll do your best for any patient..." his optics involuntarily glanced toward Blades briefly, "no matter who they are. It's something I always admired about the mechs in your line of work."

"Yep," Hot Rod told First Aid casually as he finished transforming to robot mode. "We played the dashing hero, like usual." He glanced over at Trailbreaker, then amended that. "Well, I played the dashing hero and he played my big clunky sidekick, but it all worked out right anyway."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Aero Blade's Lab

Thundercracker glanced at Aero Blade. "I'm sure he is." The Seeker said noncommittally. Thundercracker is never a sword person. After all, why bother with fisticuffs when you can shoot laser beams and make explosive sonic booms? He also never got why people like Bludgeon and other sword-wielding warriors liked to test each other's mettle so much. But he could see that being troublesome.

Still, to have Bugly do what he did... Aero Blade must be one hell of a swordsman.

The Seeker glanced at Ramjet. "He got shot by Roadgrabber? The dude with the car Pretender shell? I thought he got killed by Roadbuster. That changes things." The Seeker shrugged. "You could've disabled him. Headbutted Cerebros a little harder. Would've made the rest of us not fighting in the central tower a little less blown up."

Thundercracker grinned. "Starscream always brags about killing weaklings, Dirge." The Seeker raised his optic brow. "Maccadams! That sounds like a good idea. Never set foot there since Skywarp and I bombed the Nominus Prime street or whatever."

ISS Holding Facility

"None taken. It's what I'd recommend as well." Jazz told Hot Spot. He glanced at Steeljaw. "Though in all seriousness, ixnay on the flamethrower."

Jazz glanced as Steeljaw hopped up and offered to stay. "I guess I'll go back and report to Hot Rod personally, since you guys have everything sorted in here?"

Trailbreaker transformed into robot mode and glanced at First Aid. He was pretty tired what with all that happened, and Blades' death kind of hit him pretty hard, despite not knowing the Protectobot all that well.

Any Autobot's death kind of puts a dampener on any comedy he tries to make.

"We did rescue Sundor all right and prevented an all-out war. Shame that the ISS had to put down Blades, though." Trailbreaker sighed.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade's Lab

Dirge looked irritated, as though he'd been personally insulted by the remarks. "Run? I know the kid doesn't like fighting, but once he's in one, he's never run. Lying spawn of-"

"It's okay Dirge," Aero Blade would interrupt, looking calm again, if not a bit weary. "I did damage his shell-thing, but in the end he KOed me. Though he did have enough thought after the fight to leave me alive and have Stratus relay that I'd 'fought well'. He'd probably have been embarrassed to admit a lowly tech actually managed to hold his own against him," Aero Blade explained, then his expression changed as though he was a bit annoyed by another thought. "Though it is possible he was planning a rematch, and was spreading all that around so no-one else would come looking for me before he did...."

That made Dirge give a brief chuckle again, before turning to look back at Thundercracker. "Starscream isn't a Seeker in my book. Barely qualifies as a 'con to begin with. Megs only kept him around because he thought Screamer's attempts to kill him were adorable, kept him entertained," Dirge said with a snort, then changed briefly to a grin. "Though he did serve a purpose. Made a nice punching bag for Megatron instead of one of us."

Dirge paused as Thundercracker spoke again, smiling as Maccadams was mentioned once again. "Yeah, what are we doing standing around having this chat here? This kind of talk needs a noisy room and a mug of high-octane in your hand! Best place to swap old war stories!" He then turned around to Aero Blade. "Besides, we need to get you out of here for once."

Aero Blade held up his hands, as though that would hold off Dirge. "Ohh no! I've been with you there four times, and the one time Hound didn't come you got us thrown out. And it's not as if what you've been trying to do is even working."

Dirge pointed a finger at Aero Blade in an accusing gesture. "One of these days I'm gonna figure out what'll get you charged up without putting your lights out beforehand!"

"Don't count on it," Aero answered. "And despite what you think, I do make trips out of the lab. And it happens that today I do have an appointment that can't be rearranged. You can kidnap me for a bar-crawl after it's finished."

"He ain't lying, that's why I had you bring the energon over," Stratus would speak up to confirm Aero Blade's excuse. "Had to get him woken up and ready before it was time to go."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Aero Blade's Lab

"No, yeah, it was Roadgrabber," Ramjet told Thundercracker. "Embarassing, right? Not quite as bad as if it was Roadhandler, but still. Killed by a guy who's too scared to come out of his shell most of the time? Ouch."

Glaring, he said, "Why'd you bomb Maccadams? It's the only bar in the city that let us 'Cons in during the war. Unless we shot 'em a few times first."

Replying to Dirge he said, "Screamy ain't much of anything these days. Didn't you hear? Megatron died, he took over and he still managed to betray us. Got himself slagged by, uh, Prime or Cyclonus or someone, I think? That part of the story, I'm not too clear on." Shrugging, he said, "Whatever. But if the little guy's got to run, let's head over for those drinks. He can meet us when he's done. That, or we could toss him in a sack and drag him out with us right now."

ISS Holding Facility

"Works for me, he who definitely doesn't carry a flamethrower," Steeljaw told Jazz. "Tell the boss I'll keep an eye on this mook. Oh, and try to keep Ramhorn from goring anything important, okay?"

Hot Rod got a horrified expression on his face as Trailbreaker spelled out Blades' fate so bluntly to First Aid.

"I...don't think he knew," he told his fellow politician. "I was sorta hoping we could break it to him a bit more...gently than that. You know, if we had to be the ones to do it at all."

He glanced over at First Aid and said, "Sorry. For your loss, and for...well, all that."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Aero Blade's Lab

After checking that there was nothing that he would disturb, Thundercracker leaned lightly on an unoccupied part of the table. "Either way, Aero Blade, bug-eyes died before he could have that rematch, eh?"

He turned to look at Ramjet. "Wasn't Roadgrabber killed in action as well?" Thundercracker shook his head. "We ain't that stupid to bomb Maccadams. We bombed the streets next to it. The... Swordbots or something were using them as arms storage or something."

When the two Coneheads mentioned Starscream, the Seeker turned to look at Dirge and shrugged. "Our glorious air commander definitely got slagged back to the Allspark for his troubles, if radio chatter and signal readings are anything to go by."

ISS Holding Facility

Jazz gave Steeljaw a grin. "But seriously. When you're dealing with lawyers, ixnay on the flamethrowers. Personal experience."

Jazz nodded at Steeljaw. "Will do." He turned to Hot Spot. "You need me for anything else, chief?"

Trailbreaker's face went blank as Hot Rod berated him, then as First Aid entered his sight, his expression went from confused to horrified, and he raised his hands to the sides of his head.

"Ah. Frag frag frag. I wasn't- I wasn't thinking- I'm- ah, frag..."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

ISS Holding Facility

Hot Spot snorted. "Don't tempt me," he quipped back at Steeljaw. "I still have Defensor's fireball cannon."

The Captain worked the terminal and initiated the vibro-frequentative shielding along the walls of Deftwing's cell.

He then stepped away and made a dusting off motion with his hands. "There," the Captain announced. "It's done. If someone, somehow manages to get past you," he glanced over at the Autobot Lion, "they'll have a heck of a time getting inside."

"I guess I'll go back and report to Hot Rod personally," said Jazz, "since you guys have everything sorted in here?"

"Yeah, everything's sorted. Deftwing's not going anywhere."

---

Iacon Security Service HQ

Red Alert tapped on the built-in PDA in his forearm. "I've tracked your call," he told Silverbolt. "There should be a transport headed in your direction*. Keep an optic out for them."

The Security Director let out a long sigh. "At any rate... no, I haven't forgotten our arrangement. I have a reliable source looking into it now," he assured the Aerialbot. "Believe me, I want that monster ousted just as much as you do. But, we'll discuss this in more detail when things are less hectic on our end. We have the mastermind behind today's assassination in custody now, along with some damning evidence that requires my immediate attention. I'm sorry, but that takes precedence--

"In the meantime, you've re-earned your freedom," said Red Alert. "Just keep out of trouble and we'll be speaking with each other soon. I'm not going anywhere, so you know where to find me. The door will always be open to you."

(OOC: * You're free to move the NPCs as you wish, or you can wait for my next update. Again, I don't want to hold you up as my posting habits are somewhat irregular as of late :))

First Aid stared blank-faced back at Trailbreaker. At first, he did not register what the Autobot had said. It couldn't be true. It just couldn't.

The Chief Medical Officer blinked. "What?"

Hot Rod then verified what Trailbreaker had said. First Aid felt his body go cold. For a moment he stood silent, the medic's optics locked onto Hot Rod's. No, it can't be.

The Protectobot averted his gaze. "I..." He said in a daze. Absentmindedly, he wrapped his fingers around the handle of his tool kit. "I have to go."

First Aid spun away, sliding his case off the table, and made for the exit.

Penthouse Suite, The Mezzanine; Border Regions

Part 1 of 2

Ga'mede left the club as per instructed. He was none too pleased by the revelation of his partner's most recent dealings. In time he would forgive Magnificus. He always did.

They were to rendezvous at a chunk of estate the former-Decepticon acquired a few stellar cycles back in a planet somewhere in the Argon Nebulae. Ga'mede would be safe from what was coming.

Magnificus remained behind to sort out his remaining affairs before he skipped town; expunging traces of his interactions with Autobot terrorists chiefly among them. As well as finding someone to manage his assets during his 'extended leave'.

His office was still in a state of disarray from his earlier outburst. Magnificus's rush to leave Iacon further compounded the mess. It was only a matter of time until someone - the ISS or, worse, one of Sundor's people - made the connection that he helped orchestrate the crisis at the Imperial Amphitheater.

The once-Decepticon hunched over an open file cabinet, flinging documents aside while he flipped through the drawer's contents. "Where is it? I know I put it in here, " he muttered. "Where the frag is it...?!"

"Things not go as planned?"

Magnificus jumped. "Who...?" He darted his eyes around room. "Dealer? Where are...?" The former-Decepticon aimlessly searched out the office, but was unable to pinpoint the other Transformer's voice.

"Sundor's still alive. You know that, right?" Dealer told him. "I made sure of that. So terribly sorry."

The mobster frowned. "You're... you're the reason--"

"Damn right I am. You set Blades up, you worthless piece of scrap," the mercenary snarled. "I get it, though... He already came discredited and with his own grudge against the 'Cons. The perfect scapegoat. That's how you and your Autobot supremacist pals were hoping it'd play out, right?--

"It's funny. You sort of fit the bill as well. Don't tell me you actually thought they weren't considering making an example out you too," He made a derisive noise. "Who knows... maybe they all ready did."

Magnificus grimaced. "Enough of this," he shouted. "I won't have you lecture me while you skulk about in the shadows."

"Can't have that..." Dealer disengaged his stealth camouflage, materializing only a few feet in front of the mobster. "You'll want a full view of this."

Before he could open his mouth, the mercenary sucker-punched Magnificus across the jaw with a right hook.

The once-Decepticon stumbled back a few steps. He regained his footing and shot the mercenary a look of disbelief. "You...hit me?" Magnificus wiped away a bit of fluid from the corner of his mouth and glanced down at the purple smear on his hand. "You hit--" Doubledealer struck him again.

Thoroughly goaded, Magnificus promptly backhanded the mercenary across the cheek. "How DARE you!"

Doubledealer snapped his head forward, his optics burning with wild rage. He lunged at Magnificus and tackled him down.

The mercenary grappled at the club-owner's neck and slammed the back of his head against the floor. "What was it all for?!" He drove his fist into Magnificus's face. "Because the Decepticons fragged you thousands of stellar cycles ago?" He struck the mobster again. "Because you thought all this would give you a better standing with the Autobots?" Poly-alloyed skin buckled under Doubledealer's knuckles. "This stupid little game of yours nearly set off a class war that would've leveled the entire damn city!"

He gripped onto Magnificus's shoulders and once more slammed him into the floor. "The Regions would've burned all because of your... inferiority complex."

A small energon blade ejected from Magnificus's wrist and slid into his palm. Blindly, he jammed it into Doubledealer's side. He was far from precise, failing to puncture any vital components; it nonetheless distracted his attacker long enough for Magnificus to wriggle free from under the mercenary's weight.

He pulled his knees up to his chest. "Get. OFF!" The mobster thrust his legs out, kicking Dealer away and onto to his back. At best, he bought himself a few seconds. Magnificus scrambled to his feet and made for the door.

The other Transformer was sure to give chase. He was caught unawares, however, when he glanced back to see his desk hurtling towards him. It shattered in a cloud of broken glass against his back, pitching Magnificus to the floor. The former-Decepticon lay dazed, his on board systems prompting him to slip into stasis lock.

"Not...noooowww..."

He came to when Dealer tugged him by the nape of his metal collar. He yanked the former-Decepticon up off the floor and pulled him in close. "Blades is dead," Doubledealer growled into his audio receptor, "and you pulled the trigger--"

Magnificus butted the back of his helm into the mercenary's nose. Dealer recoiled, releasing his hold, and cupped his mouth. Fluids gushed from his olfactory sensor. The blow had dislocated it.

It made little difference; before the club-owner could attempt another escape, Doubledealer quickly seized Magnificus's arm with his free hand.

The mercenary sniffed. "You're to blame." He spun around and flung the mobster across the room. Magnificus crashed against the large monitor affixed to the wall at the other side of the office. He slumped down into a heap under the the broken screen.

Dealer pinched his nose and cracked it back into place. "Tuh. 'Hardened in the pits' my aft." He unsheathed his gun from its mechanical holster along his thigh.

Debris slid off Magnificus's back as he rose, his palms crushing bits of glass as he pushed himself up. Behind him, he could hear Doubledealer's boot-steps slow to a stop.

And the sound of a gun being cocked.

Ga'mede, he reflected, I'm sorry I put you through this.

Resigned to his fate, the mobster rolled over to a sitting position and stared up to meet Doubledealer's gaze. He could not conceal the fear in his eyes...

---

(OOC: To be concluded! Split into two parts due to length. I mean, look how long it is! :o)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade's Lab

Dirge shook his head at Ramjet. "Kid's more than earned his right to be treated with dignity. Besides, with his propellers, he'd just slice his way out of a bag," Dirge replied, but then couldn't help as a slight smile started to creep onto his face. "Not that he wouldn't be the right size to fit into one..."

"Remember who repairs you coveted television for free," Aero Blade warned, then leaned in a bit closer to Dirge to add in a much lower, barely audible tone, "And there is a stun setting."

Dirge got the picture. "Right, yeah! We'll go ahead and make sure Macaddam's got the good stuff in today. We'll come get ya when you're done with your appointment," Dirge answered. "How long will it be?"

"I'm not sure really, it's sort of open-ended," Aero Blade answered. "But if I'm not there at my appointment time I'll never get this chance again, so I need to get going. I'll send you a message when everything's done."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Aero Blade's Lab

"Swordbots?" Ramjet frowned. "The who now?"

The conehead shrugged. "Roadgrabber? Dunno. Don't think anyone really knows. Heard he was on the Warworld when Afterburner jacked it, though, so yeah. Probably bought it."

He shot Dirge a mischievous look. "What if it's a blade-resistant bag? They make those, right?"

ISS Holding Facility

Steeljaw scratched his claws against the shelf he'd perched on, a happy look on his face. "Let them try," he told Hot Spot. "They won't get anywhere near the cell."

Glancing back at the now-closed door he said, "I think I've got it all in hand. Let me know when you guys have rounded up the rest of his buddies so I can go home." He grinned. "I'm sure it won't take you very long. These guys are rank amateurs. See you around, Hot Spot."

Silverbolt glanced to his left as Red Alert spoke and saw an ISS paddywagon roll up. Two officers emerged and took Slingshot into custody, an event that the Aerialbots' former leader let pass without a word even though Slingshot shot him a venomous glare and a variety of curses.

"Thanks. They've arrived," he told Red Alert. "I'll talk to you soon. Silverbolt out."

The large Autobot switched off his comm, then took one last look around the battlefield before transforming and taking to the sky.

Hot Rod opened his mouth, ready to offer a comforting remark to First Aid, but shut it again without saying anything as the medic rushed out. He was ashamed that a part of him was glad the other Autobot had left -- he truly had no idea what he could have said to make things better.

Turning to Trailbreaker, he sighed. "It's...okay, TB. I don't think there's any good way to tell him something like that. Maybe it's better to just come out and say it, instead of beating around the bush." He winced. "Just, uh, don't do that around the voters, okay? They won't be as understanding as I am."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

ISS Holding Facility

"See you guys around then. You catch those bastards, 'Spot." Jazz turned around and raised one hand to Steeljaw and Hot Spot as he walked away nonchalantly.

Trailbreaker shook his head. "First Aid- Firsty- hell, I'm sorry. I'm- I mean-" He did not know what to say, only that he had to apologize... for... something. For being tact? For delivering bad news? Something. The look on First Aid's face...

Well, Trailbreaker hated death.

Other than the fact that, well, his friends die and everything... it's the one sole situation which can't be cracked up with a joke without ending up with a broken nose and a shattered optic visor.

(He knew, he'd tried it)

Of course, what he would've said is moot since the former Protectobot didn't even register his words. Deep down, Trailbreaker knew that First Aid wasn't angry at him, the messenger, but at the message itself -- that Blades had been killed.

That doesn't make Trailbreaker feel any less like a complete douchebag, though.

Trailbreaker turned to Hot Rod helplessly, and shook his head. "Whatever other way, it certainly would be better than what I did. Damn, I'm scum." He sighed. And he had to run this nation? Waves and waves of expectation hit him like a truck, and his shoulders sagged. Oh, he's going to royally screw that up as well. "Damn it." Trailbreaker said softly as he slumped into a chair.

Aero Blade's Lab

Thundercracker shrugged at Dirge. "Television? Hah! Swindle can get us new ones. If, um, Swindle was still alive. Don't miss the slimy scumbag, but I do miss his services."

Thundercracker heard something about appointments or whatever, but he didn't really cared what Aero Blade did. "We'll bring you the head of whoever Ramjet inadvertently murders during the inescapable bar fight."

He turned to Ramjet and shrugged. "Some random nobodies with completely weird-sounding names. No one worth remembering." Thundercracker shrugged. "Yeah, or brainwashed into an Imperial Stormtrooper. We probably killed Roadgrabber with random missile deployments on our way into Protihex."

Thundercracker smiled. "Blade-resistant bags? Skywarp has a couple of crazy Electrum-lined bags or something in his locker. He blows a ten-year energon saving on crap like that, you know?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade's Lab

"Trust me when I say we don't want to push this," Dirge wound say with something almost of a nervous chuckle. He didn't want to reveal there was a security system (he wasn't sure how his old seeker buddies would react to that), and he'd never known Aero to bluff, so there was a good chance he would use it as threatened.

Dirge gave both Thundercracker and Ramjet hearty pats on the shoulder. "We got his word he'll come along later. Not like the kid's hard to find, he always comes back here sooner or later. We'll scoop him up on the next run."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Aero Blade's Lab

Ramjet glared at Dirge. "Okay, first, I'm not killing anybody. And second, if I did kill someone in a barfight it'd be mechslaughter, not murder. Thirdly, I don't think tiny Autobot guy here really wants us killing anyone for him, so uh...don't? Right?"

He looked over to Dirge for support.

"But anyway, whatever. Let's jet, and we can see the little guy later."

Walking out of the lab, he headed for the exit already feeling the anticipation of getting some air under his wings again.

Even though it's still weird to fly around Iacon and not get shot...

"Welcome to leadership," Hot Rod told Trailbreaker sardonically. "A constant series of disasters, half of which are self-made. "You'll screw up. You'll screw up lots. Sometimes it'll feel like it's all you ever do." He grinned. "But you know what? That's okay. If my time as Rodimus Prime taught me anything, it's that everyone screws up, even the ones that we think are infallible. The trick isn't to not screw up. It's to look like you know what you're doing when it happens, so that the ones around you don't lose confidence in their leader -- or themselves."

With a small sigh, he added, "And yes, that is easier said than done."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Aero Blade's Lab

"Semantics, Ramjet. Semantics. Kill, cripple, hospitalize... whichever you prefer." Thundercracker told Ramjet, before transforming and taking into the air. (Thundercracker loved flying)

Trailbreaker chuckled dryly. "That's very encouraging, 'Rod." He nodded. Hot Rod did seem to screw up a lot of time, come to think of it. "I'll take that wonderful advice to heart." He sighed. "One minute I was drinking with Quick Switch in Maccadams, now I'm running for office. Still can't believe it, honestly. Way to go, Trailbreaker."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Aero Blade's Lab

Aero Blade followed the Seekers out of the lab, watching as Dirge flew off with his old buddies. Beneath his faceplate, Aero smiled at how happy Dirge seemed. Yes, Dirge always remained pretty cheerful, but this was a different kind of happy, one he hadn't seen on Dirge before - the lingering regret of being a defector was gone now that the war was over.

Aero Blade had stood there watching the sky for a few minutes even after the seekers had left. Finally he'd turn, looking towards the minicon situated on his shoulder. "Well, let's get to it Stratus," He said aloud, and then they too were off.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Aero Blade's Lab

Ramjet transformed and joined Thundercracker in the sky, albeit with a bit less enthusiasm since he wasn't allowed to crash into things.

"So what's the crowd like at MacAddam's these days?" he asked Dirge. "Is it as wild as it was during the wartime days? It's been a long time since I've been, living in Polyhex and all. Not that that'll be an issue anymore, since there isn't any Polyhex left..."

Hot Rod shrugged. "One minute I was making fun of Kup for never seeing anything like Unicron and the next I was wrestling the Matrix away from Galvatron and being anointed the chosen one," he told Trailbreaker. "I'm pretty sure my story has yours beat. Just be glad all you're being asked to do is some politics. Trust me when I say that the Matrix makes everything a thousand times worse. All those wise old voices, just waiting to tell you when you're doing something wrong..." He shuddered. "Hopefully this reign will feature fewer Matrix-induced coma dreams."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Aero Blade's Lab

Thundercracker chuckled and sighed. "Speaking of that, Ramjet, what are we going to do now that Polyhex's gone? Meg's gone, Gig's waltzed off to who knows where..."

"I'd take fighting Unicron and Galvatron than politics any day." Trailbreaker told Hot Rod with a chuckle. "I've seen what the space disco ball did to you, though, Roddy. Great leader and all, but..."

Trailbreaker paused, scrunching up his expression, then continued. "I'm pretty sure politics beats having those wrinkles you get when you get transformed into Rodimus Prime. Maybe it's why Optimus wears that faceplate. You ever see what's down there? Maybe it's all the wrinkles he got from when he opened the Matrix."