[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Chessmaster (Iacon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Skies, Iacon

"Eh, it's about the usual crowd," Dirge would answer to Ramjet. "Maybe a bit quieter, since the rowdier ones got arrested for not playing nice after the war. Means more of the good stuff for us."

((ooc: stuff with Aero coming later, need to give it some time to pass))
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skies, Iacon

"Quiet?" Ramjet laughed. "That's just 'cause you don't have enough seekers there, Dirge. We'll liven the place up real good!"

He replied to Thundercracker, "What are ya asking me for? Do I sound like the 'having plans' type to you? I just go where there's the biggest fight. I tell ya one thing, though...not going anywhere with Cyclonus. That guy gives me the creeps." He waggled his wings side to side, sort of an aerial shrug. "Maybe we could hang around here for a while? Like you say, we don't got anywhere to go back to."

Autobot Reconstruction Party Campaign Headquarters

Hot Rod shuddered. "You've never seen Optimus without his faceplate? Consider yourself lucky. There's nothing under there. Nothing. It's like Alpha Trion decided the Autobots' leader shouldn't be able to have facial expressions ever, not even private ones." The younger Autobot shook his head. "The stuff of nightmares, I tell you."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies, Iacon

"Not the right Seekers, anyway." Thundercracker told Dirge. "You and me, unless if we all go Master of Fear or THA-BOOM, we're quiet and mellow. Insert Ramjet, or Skywarp, or Starscream, or that freaky 'I am thy god' day-glo guy..."

The Seeker chuckled. "Neither am I. And hanging here sounds good. I am in favour of freaking out the good citizens of Iacon. It sure is great being one of the more prolific members of the Decepticon army." Thundercracker paused. "I'm not going with Cyclonus either, Ramjet. Guy keeps giving me this creepy look, as if he expects me to sprout wings, epic facial hair and manicured nails and be best buddies with him."

He paused. "The simple fact that he's either Skywarp or Bombshell -- neither of which I associate with competency or dignity or rabbit ears generally not being someone I can bully -- probably enters the equation as well."

"Really? I thought there was a mouth down there. Always have." Trailbreaker shrugged. "I'm not even going to ask how you know that, unless if you peek on Optimus when he's showering or whatever. Probably some trippy Matrix vision thing. What else did you see? The secrets behind Alpha Trion's magic facial hair? The origin of Transformer gender? Zeta Prime's secret collection of rubber bath ducks?"

Trailbreaker paced around the room. "He doesn't have a mouth. I've always sworn he has some kind of Silverbolt-esque luscious lips down there..." He brightened up, "I could maybe remove the faceplate when he's sleeping and draw in a mouth with crayons!"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Iacon Security Service HQ

Red Alert closed out his comlink and tapped on the digital assistant built into his forearm. He was immediately prompted by a report from Stakeout. The Security Director opened the file and skimmed through its contents.

Red Alert tilted his head. "Firecracker? Who the hell is...?" He opened the profile attached with the document and read on. "Ah. That Firecracker. Discharged from the military for beating up a tourist from Kaon... Sounds charming. I'll have to thank Hot Rod's people. But, first things first..."

The Security Director reached into his hip-side compartment and slid out the disk Jazz had handed over to him.

Red Alert brought it up to his face and studied it for a moment. He flipped it front to back while he considered the data contained within.

He frowned. "This should be good."

Red Alert tapped his audio receptor. "Hot Spot, when you have a moment, could you come by office?" he radioed. "I, uh, was about to go over Deftwing's confession and I... I think we need to talk. I just got word from Clampdown at the Amphitheater and--" He sighed. "Just come by my office, please."

"Something wrong?"

"Better if I tell you in person."

En route

Traffic parted way by the wailing of First Aid's sirens as he sped down a busy Iaconian highway.

The sinking feeling in the Chief Medical Officer's combustion chamber swelled by the reports that were pouring in from the Imperial Amphitheater.

...And he prayed that what Hot Rod and Trailbreaker had told him was somehow untrue.

Penthouse Suite, The Mezzanine; Border Regions

Part 2 of 2

Doubledealer loured down at Magnificus, his gun trained on the battered mobster on the floor. "You think your friends would approve of what you did? Do you feel validated now?" He jutted the barrel against his once-employer's forehead. "For what you did to Blades, for what you almost did to the city-state... I should kill you. I should put a bullet in your head right now."

Magnificus instinctively pressed his back up against the wall. "It... it wasn't validation, Dealer," he said. "Did I do because of what the Decepticons did to me? Yes, absolutely. I know that they cannot be trusted. Sundor needed to die. And you--" he grimaced, "you allowed him to live. Remember what happened last time? What Banzaitron did? What Axer did? What Black Shadow did when they were left unchecked? Their supposed 'good intentions'? It will happen again--

He's a Decepticon. It's in his nature."

"You would know."

"I do know. From bitter experience, I know."

Dealer scrunched his nose at him "You're no savior, Mags. And you're fooling no one." He lowered his gun. "No," the mercenary made a derisive noise, "you're not getting off that easy."

"What--what are you going to do?"

"You like to play games with people's lives, right?" Dealer asked.

Magnificus didn't answer.

"Of course you do. So here's the deal; I'm going to give you a head start," he told the mobster. "You have one stellar cycle to sort out all your affairs, pack up your crap and get the hell off the planet. Come 24 hours, and you're still around -- and assuming the ISS or Sundor's people haven't caught up with you first -- I'll find you... and I will kill you."

He turned part way, and with a sideways glance added, "And next time, you won't see me coming."

Magnificus wobbled to his feet. "Ngh.... fine. You've made your point." He made a sweeping motion with his hand. "Just go."

The mercenary stopped. "By the way..." He drove his fist into the former-Decepticon's gut. Magnificus doubled over, holding his abdomen. "I quit."

Dealer turned and started for the door. "Goes without saying."

Magnificus stared wide-eyed at Dealer as he walked away, shaken by the mercenary's sheer audacity. His face twitched by the very notion of it.

"So arrogant..." The mobster's expression contorted into utter rage. "You think you can intimidate me?!" The former-Decepticon drew a small sidearm from a mechanical holster in his thigh and fired.

Doubledealer crouched and spun around in one swift, smooth motion, evading the blast, and in kind returned the gesture.

The shot was precise, entering through the barrel of Magnificus's pistol. The chamber exploded, taking his thumb, middle and index fingers with it. The former-Decepticon dropped to his knees screeching, clutching at what remained of his hand to staunch the flow of fluids.

Dealer looked to his once-friend one last time. His face did not evince a single ounce of pity for the Cybertronian writhing on the office floor. "Now you know I'm serious."

He then holstered his gun and continued toward the exit. "24 hours," he called back. "Better hope we never see each other again."

--
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Maccadams

Dirge was just happy to listen to the banter between the other Seekers. It was like old days again, but better. Soon enough and their destination was in sight, and Dirge came in for a landing right outside the front door.

"Here we go, boys! The most important monument to survive the war!"

Autobase Hospital

Aero Blade and Stratus came in for a landing on the grounds outside the hospital, their destination. Aero took a moment to look around the area while Stratus got comfortable in his customary spot on Aero's shoulder.

Normally visiting a place like this would be impossible, Aero Blade's ingrained fear of the medical professionals keeping him miles away from their hotspots, but there was something different today. There was a calmness about Aero Blade that was not normal for him - it had been there even when Dirge had visited, Aero not flustered by the presence of the unfamiliar seekers, but Dirge had been too distracted by his old war buddies to have noticed it.

With his minicon partner in tow, Aero Blade proceeded into the hospital without hesitation, taking in the sights like any normal visitor might.

"Well, you set this up. Which way?" Aero Blade would ask his partner.

"Over yonder," Stratus answered, indicating a direction. With a nod, Aero Blade proceeded in that direction, towards the secure wing of the hospital.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skies, Iacon

"Hey!" Ramjet objected to Thundercracker. "I don't start trouble. Usually. Finish it? Sure. But I don't start it unless I'm really bored!"

Frowning, he reminded the other jet, "Ya know they made you out of a spare Scourge, right? Zapped him with that funny Matrix thing, then jammed your old memories inside. Creepiest thing ever. So, uh...just saying, don't remind Cyclonus of that, or piss him off if you can help it. He might decide he misses his old buddy and try to reverse the...whatever they did."

As they walked into the bar, Ramjet looked around and smiled. "Looks just like I remember it," he told Dirge. Then he frowned a bit. "Right up to the dent in the wall where I threw Joyride when he got in my face. You'd think they'd fix that...it was, what, fifty years ago?"

"Don't ask," Hot Rod told Trailbreaker. "I still have nightmares. Luckily, Prime says all those creepy ghosts went away when he used the Matrix to wipe out the Hate Plague."

Shaking his head, he said, "As your Prime-to-be, I would advise against it. I'm pretty sure he's Boobytrapped the faceplate to shock anyone who tries to remove it. He's still a bit touchy about that time that Wheeljack rebuilt him without one."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams'

Thundercracker chuckled as he transformed and followed Dirge and Ramjet into the bar. He gave Ramjet a shrug. "Scourge was made out of me, apparently, so Scourge is me, and me is Scourge. Technically. Except that I don't remember ever having that ridiculous set of facial hair, bat wings or turning into a glorified flying bath-tub."

Thundercracker made a little gesture with his fingers. "Though I must confess Scourge, or Future-Me or Past-Me or whatever, had something going on with those claws. Just... you know, not manicured and painted red." Thundercracker shrugged. "I decided not to think too much about it or it'll freak me out. And, yeah, I don't plan on staying around Cyclonus too much."

Thundercracker grinned. "Or maybe I could do whatever they did and make Skywarp out of Cyclonus."

Trailbreaker chuckled. "As one of the great members of the Ark journey, I can elect to ignore your advice and do it anyway. Besides, you don't get to be a super-jokester like me without knowing how to pick a trap or two."

Trailbreaker paused. "Though Red Alert always outmatched me. That is one hell of a paranoid dude."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Maccadams'

"Why fix it? It gives the place character," Dirge told Ramjet before listening to Thundercracker talk about Scourge.

"Red? Those things were fraggin' pink!" Dirge told Thundercracker. "And only on Scourge! You'd never catch any of those Sweeps doing that. Still not sure if they were really living mechs or just drones with pretty good personalities," Dirge added in a half-thoughtful tone. "Did any of them even have names?"

By this time they'd reached the bar, and Dirge sidled right up to it. "Alright boys! We want to take our time getting drunk, or go right for the hard stuff?"

((ooc: Aero Blade should be wandering up to your guy anytime Warcry, I'm just not sure how to go about posting the scene. This is your department, so I'll wait for you ;))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams'

"Pretty sure all the Sweeps had their nails manicured, Dirge." Thundercracker told the other Seeker. "I mean, being clones and everything." He shrugged. "They were like Reflector Clones, I guess. Started off like Scourge but less independent, but once they set off on their own they started developing personalities. There was this one Sweep commander Whiplash who was kind of important after you wore the red face."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skies, Iacon

Ramjet shrugged. "Yeah, we broke into Unicron's head to steal your memories back," he told Thundercracker. "Didn't they explain this stuff to you when they brought you back? No bringin' back Skywarp that way, what with A-Train blowing up Unicon's head with the Warworld that time."

The seeker laughed. "Not a claws guy myself, though. Too delicate. Not much good for smashing."

He thought about what Dirge had to say. "Yeah, good point. And you know, it's nice to know that at least one place doesn't change much, no matter how rebuilt or blown-up the rest of the planet is. Much rather hang out here than in that Space Mafia joint in Polyhex." He glanced at Thundercracker and said, "Speaking of...isn't that where Whiplash got slagged? Don't remember him all that well, except that he got a new paint job so people would stop thinking he was Scourge all the bloody time."

"And that's why you're suited for politics," Hot Rod told Trailbreaker. "You know better than to ever listen to anyone's advice!"

He laughed at the mention of Red Alert. "I know what you mean. Great detective, but no fun on his off-hours. Always investigating me for something, too, back in the old days. Of course I did usually do whatever he was accusing me of, but all that brig time was no fun!"

Autobase Hospital

A security mech with the standard body type and a blue-and-white paint job looked up as Aero Blade approached the secure wing.

"Ah, you must be Mr. Blade," he said. "I'm Checkpoint. We've been expecting you. Could I see some ID, please?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Maccadams'

"Yep, never met him," Dirge answered at the meantioned of Whiplash. "I was probably really into keeping an eye on the kid at that point. He does great work, but he tends to forget about the other stuff. Like his own well-fare. Had to keep an eye on him so he didn't work himself to death or anything."

Dirge's drink had arrived at this point, and he stopped talking to take a long drink from it before looking back at the other Seekers. "So what kept you guys busy? Aside from, you know, trying to kill bots."

Autobase Hospital

Aero Blade stopped and waited as Checkpoint spoke to him, but before answering him he turned his head enough to address the minicon on his shoulder. "Mr. Blade?"

Stratus just gave a shrug. "These guys are very official, even on the phone. Just go with it."

Aero Blade turned his attention back to the security mech, pulling out a small datapad to present his and Stratus's credentials to him.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skies, Iacon

Thundercracker shrugged. "A few seconds ago I was about to suggest that someone like Soundwave or Reflector or whoever will have backups stashed somewhere for... for whatever reason he might have to want Skywarp alive again, but I just remembered Polyhex is a crater. So, yeah." He shrugged.

Thundercracker chuckled. "I'm not really sure, Ramjet. I don't really keep track, but if you say so. And, well, he's a stern competent dude with a beard and manicures... who looks exactly like Scourge. Of course people are going to confuse him and Scourge. Sweeps are stupid -- our Seeker grunts at least had enough brains to paint themselves in differing shades." Thundercracker paused. "Though I swear, the amount of generics who paint themselves blue..."

He shrugged at Dirge. "Yeah, we noticed. Should've dragged him with us to Maccadams." He gave a Dirge a wry smile. "Other than trying to kill 'Bots? We try to kill 'Cons. You know, Civil War, blah blah blah. I don't even particularly care whether we take orders from Buckethead or Batwings..."

"Yay me!" Trailbreaker said, raising his hands in mock enthusiasm.

The Autobot chuckled. "You and I have that in common -- apparently TP-ing his office earns a brig sentence? I swear, Red's very effective and all, but sometimes I wonder how Inferno or Smokey can manage to stick around Red 24/7."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Maccadams

"That really a good idea?" Ramjet asked Dirge. "I mean, long as he's got you an' that runt lookin' out for him, he'll never learn to take care of himself. Give him a longer chain, he might mess up once in a while but he'll prob'ly grow out of it lots faster."

"Blue seekers do suck," he said to Thundercracker with a smartass grin. "But yeah. Don't even remember the last time I tried to kill an Autobot. I mean...bodyguard, remember? Spent most of my last few years making sure nobody tried to off A-Train. Not that it did much good in the end."

The conehead's expression turned sad for a moment as he reminded himself of his lost friend.

"Well, he's still better than Kup was," Hot Rod told Trailbreaker. "At least when Red caught me doing something stupid he'd just lock me up for the night. But Kup, he'd give me this 'I could not be more disappointed if I tried' look and lecture me about why what I'd done was wrong, as if I didn't already know."

He shook his head.

"Still miss the old coot, though."

Autobase Hospital

Checkpoint looked over Aero Blade's credentials, then compared them with the info he'd been told to expect.

"Looks like everything is in order," he said as he handed the documents back to the other Autobot. "If you'll follow me, I'll take you to Director Smokescreen's room. It's strange that he's getting visitors, since he's not even out of the stasis pod yet," the guard said conversationally as he led his charges into the heavily-armoured and monitored secure building, "but Acting Director Deep Cover insisted we let you in. Some of the guys figure he's hoping you'll solve the Smokescreen problem for him somehow, but me? I'm not sure how you could do that."

The guard stopped at a heavy, electronically-locked door. He waved his hand over it, and it unlocked when it recognized his credentials.

"I'll need to lock you in," he warned Aero Blade, "but I'll be right outside. Just knock when you're ready to leave."
Blackjack

OOC: Wait, Smokescreen? That was unexpected.

Post by Blackjack »

Maccadams

"Careful." Thundercracker replied to Ramjet jokingly. "Between Dirge and me, I'm sure we two blue Seekers can take you down, pencil head and all." He turned to Dirge and nodded. "I agree, letting him mess up once in a while is really great for character building. Look at Ramjet and see how he's progressed once we didn't care where he ended up! He was only blown up by Autobots, oh, fifteen times before he wised up."

Thundercracker sighed at the mention of Astrotrain. "Astrotrain, Skywarp, Scourge and his silly clone and everyone else... here's to all the fallen Decepticons. Except Starscream, because screw that guy." Thundercracker raised up his glass, and downed the drink in one gulp.

Trailbreaker sighed at Hot Rod. "Worked with Kup back when we were setting up Autobot City. I'm very sorry for your loss, long time in the past as it may be." He shrugged. "I may sound insensitive but I'm surprised no one tried to bring him back yet."

He shrugged again. "Whereas our resident old coot will just scream at us... usually me, Jazz and the Twins... a whole lot with that silly Southern accent of his."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Maccadams

Dirge would wrap his arm around Ramjet's neck, a friendly gesture at first look, but also a position where he could easily get his fellow conehead into headlock.

"Oh I don't know about that. Blue's a great color, helps you blend in with the sky, get the drop on you enemies. But white now? That's a terrible color, makes you stand out in any environment. And it so easily shows up ever ding and smudge you get when your buddies decide to put you back in your place. Isn't that right, Thundercracker?"

The joking smile disappeared as Dirge's thoughts went back to Aero Blade, though. "Yeah, the kid does alright on his own out in the field, seen enough of that, but get him in a lab and he kinda loses himself. Not that he wouldn't want to probably, but that he can't get his mind off of things. They say there's a fine line between genius and defective; sorta seems like someone crossed his wires, but instead of blowing his fuses, it made him smart."

In the back of Dirge's mind, he found himself reminded of that exact fact, revealed to him just a bit before by Aero. He was still finding it hard to take in, still thinking of the kid in the old way, and not sure if he'd ever adjust to the new details. Briefly he thought about telling the other Seekers about it, but quickly banished the thought. Aero had kept it quiet for this long even from Dirge, he doubted Aero wanted it spread around to the masses. Though it did leave him wondering who else knew...

Autobase Hospital

"Let's just say it has something to do with a long-standing confidentiality agreement," Aero Blade would answer to Checkpoint as he made mention of his doubts. He seemed to give an impression of a frown beneath is faceplate. "I wish I'd been able to be involved sooner. I might've been able to stop all this from happening..."

Aero Blade stood back to wait as Checkpoint operated the door, then nodded to him before proceeding in. "Thank you."

He stepped inside of the room, pausing just beyond the door to take stock of the room he was in while he waited to be closed in.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Maccadams

Ramjet shrugged. "I was just agreeing with you, Thunders," he told Thundercracker. Then he glanced over at Dirge and said, "No matter what you do, it won't be worse than that time I let Buzzsaw convince me I'd look better in purple and teal. Of course, we found out later that his optic sensors were malfunctioning..."

He raised his glass along with Thundercracker. "To them," he said as he threw his drink back.

Hot Rod shrugged. "It's not that easy," he told Trailbreaker. "Sparks and all that. The way Ratchet tells it, you can only bring someone back if they want to come back. And Kup...Kup was very old." He chuckled. "As if I needed to tell you that. But anyway...when a spark gets that many miles on it, it usually doesn't want to. Ironhide coming back was a real shocker. But Kup?" Hot Rod shrugged. "I guess he's comfortable where he is, whereever that is."

Autobase Hospital

The door closed behind Aero Blade and the room's lights grew a bit brighter. What the tech would see was a standard-issue hospital room, only with the surgical table and monitoring equipment removed and a stasis pod plugged into the wall. The pod's lights were all green, indicating that the Autobot inside -- Smokescreen's clone, with all of his memories -- was healthy and ready to emerge. All it would take was a push of a button.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Autobase Hospital

Aero Blade would walk over to the stasis pod, his pace perhaps a bit slow. It didn't matter how many times, or even with the equipment removed, this sort of room brought up bad memories, but he was focused on the task ahead of him, and that focus had managed to bring him this far without freaking out about his surroundings.

His calm remaining in-tacked, Aero stood before the stasis pod, studying it for a few moments. He'd been given a very brief, dry explanation of it before this meeting had been set up - Aero vaguely understood that the tech that had been used to make this clone also made it attached to Smokescreen's spark, and when his old body had been destroyed, the spark would have moved, or at least stayed attached to this body - but the actual ins and outs of the technology and process used were still a mystery to Aero. All of those details mattered little, though, except for the one important one - new body or no, this was still Smokescreen.

Stratus hopped off of Aero's shoulder as he reached to activate the pod, finding a spot to situate himself on the mechanism above and out of the way of the pod door. Once activated, Aero Blade took a few steps back from the pod, making room for the occupant who would soon emerge.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobase Hospital

The stasis pod whirred as Stratus activated the 'wake up' sequence. As the pod cracked open, steam and gas escaped from the tube and briefly made it impossible for the two Autobots to see the pod's contents. When it cleared, though, they would see a blue and grey figure with bright yellow livery painted on his auto-body parts and Autobot badges on each shoulder. The Autobot was identical to Smokescreen's previous body in all ways but one -- the doors, which had previously carried a number '1' inside a stark white box, were now emblazoned with a number '2'.

Smokescreen looked around, studying his environment until his optic sensors finally came to rest on Aero Blade. Though he clearly hadn't expected to see him upon waking up, he did his best to avoid showing the surprise he must be feeling.

"So. I take it this means I died?"

Despite his best efforts, he couldn't quite hide the confusion in his voice.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Autobase Hospital

Aero Blade would nod briefly to Smokescreen after he spoke. "Yes. We don't have much more than a few dry details, but we can try to help fill in the gaps."

Aero Blade would look up briefly at where Stratus had perched, as though to indicate him for Smokescreen, since the minicon wasn't in his immediate line of sight.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Autobase Hospital

Smokescreen shrugged. "I can guess," he told Aero Blade. "The last thing I remember clearly is updating my memory backups before heading to Protihex. After that, just a blur. I'm going to go with 'the Imperials killed me' though, unless you know better."

He nodded to Stratus as he slowly stepped out of the pod, but weakness in his legs forced him to slump over a nearby hospital bed. Leaning on it, he said, "Since this isn't my warehouse, and since there are bars on the windows, I'm going to guess that the authorities are holding me for some reason. And since you're here, openly, and not acting like this is a secret breakout, I'm also going to guess you've talked to them. What's going on?"