[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

(OOC: Not really expecting them to find anything in particular, Blackjack. Just technobabble. ;) Anything that helps disrupt or track Thunderwing, to be honest.)

Nightstick crossed his arms. "I'm here to make sure none of you try to hurt those two," he said to Bonecrusher, gesturing toward Darkjet and Moonjet. "Trust me, hanging with Constructicons is no one's idea of a good time."

Shuttle Gunner, meanwhile, looked up from where Scrapper was working on Sandstorm. "Perhaps I could accompany you?" he asked Darkjet. "I am useless here, and waiting to see whether my commander survives is not a pleasant activity."

Battlefield

Sandstorm greeted Springer with a big, wide grin. "Springy! Good to see you! I'd hug you, but...I'm a dune buggy, you know?"

Twin Twist's response was practically anticlimactic, a grunt of acknowledgement followed by a gruff, "Took you long enough."

Hate Plague Danger zone

Acid Storm finished his work and dropped out of the clouds, feeling a rush of satisfaction when he saw Scraplets diving for cover or trying to burrow their way underground to hide from the deluge.

It's not killing them, but at least it's keeping them from killing any more of us. For now, anyway.

Bluestreak gave Brawl a funny look. "You do realize what the red face on my shoulders means, don't you?" he snapped disdainfully. Almost immediately, though, he winced and said, "Sorry, old habits. You were Swindle's friend, right?"

Then he frowned when Road Hugger hailed him. "Since when am I a Combaticon captain?" he asked in confusion. "Jeez, you hand out with some guys for a few weeks and they're measuring you for officers' stripes..."

Gunbarrrel chuckled. "You're not bad yourself," he told Blast-Off. "You know, for a fossil."

Along with Thunderstick and Skysickle, he continued to fire on the remaining airborne Dreads.

Stratosphere laughed disdainfully as the broken Dreads started to prime themselves for an explosion. "Really? OK, we'll play that game if we have to." The giant Aerialbot balled his hands into fists and stretched his arms out to the side, then smiled...and a repulsor wave shot out from his body that tossed all the battered Imperials away from him and toward the red mists on the ground.

Skydive wasn't expecting the loudmouthed name-burglar's next move, but it almost didn't matter. He was renowned as the most skilled flyer among all the Transformers, after all, and for good reason. Still in robot mode, he shot up into the sky and away from the other jet's line of fire. Then he transformed to jet mode, flipping end over end and dropping like a rock straight at the other Skydive with his 50mm main cannon firing.

"I'd put my people ahead of yours any day," he said confidently.

"No," Snarl told Jackpot. "You can't."

The Dinobot transformed to beast mode and swiped his tail at the onrushing car, hoping to tear it's front end open or, at the very least, rip it's wheels off.

Rage saw the battle between the two Autobots, shrugged and headed in their direction. There were Terrorcons nearby, but killing Autobots obviously had to come first.

Ultra Magnus staggered under Sixshot's barrage, but didn't fall. Instead, he looked up at the Sixchanger and smiled.

"That's just it, Sixshot! You're a weapon! A tool! Something that other, more important mechs let off it's leash when they need to cause havoc! How am I supposed to respect you when you don't respect yourself? Don't think for yourself? Don't make your own decisions?"

He punctuated that last sentence with a burst from his two lasers.

Imperial Landing Zone

Sideswipe dropped down to the ground beside Griffe, twirling his sword in his right hand as he pondered Windcharger's query.

A few months ago it wouldn't have been a question, he thought to himself. You would have put a round in his head and beend done with it. Why are you hesitating now?

There were a lot of possible answers to that, he knew. Maybe he was finally starting to get over Sunstreaker's bloodthirsty influence. Maybe the time he'd spent with Drift had given him a deeper respect for the lives of (former) enemies. Or maybe, just maybe, he was tired of killing all the time.

"Not worth it," he told the other Autobot at last before aiming his EMP at Griffe and pumping half a dozen rounds in the Imperial's direction.

"Fat?" Artfire was, if anything, more annoyed by the slur against his physique than the physical attacks. Hyena's attacks chipped off flakes of his ablative ceramic armour, but didn't breach. "I'm normal, you scrawny lunatic!"

He pushed himself up with one arm and raised Burnout's weapon mode with the other, firing bolts of flaming chemical at the oncoming jet. He saw the looming Tidal Wave in the distance, but didn't have time to deal with the more distant threat now.

Which of course meant that the Imperials chose that moment to take the leashes off a pack of Demons they'd corralled somehow. The creatures shambled out of the landing zone, hungrily diving at Autobot, Decepticon and Imperial alike.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

Hook's red optics took in the mess of cables and circuitry inside the Thunderwing shell. He was no expert in biotechnological carapace technology, but he knew enough about the Scorponok-pioneered Pretender shells to get by fixing them.

"This is interesting." Hook said out loud, waiting for Perceptor to come. "It seems that despite the Pretender shell being constructed as mere avatars of our estranged former comrade, it has he full capacity and circuitry that allow Pretender shells to communicate and receive nervous impulses to and fro from the Cybertronian controlling it."

Hook gestured at several box-like, wire-covered mechanisms. "These are -- in layman's terms -- the signal transreceivers and translators. What connects the shell to Thunderwing's mental spinal synapses. I do believe that with proper tinkering, we should be able to send out a signal of ourselves."

Mixmaster and Tinker looked at each other and nodded. "Allowing us to locate Thunderwing?" Mixmaster asked.

"Or at least triangulate his position, at the very least." Hook said. "At the very least, we should be able to send a disruption signal through the network of signals that the multiple Thunderwing shells use. With the multiple shells, the effects of a rogue signal interfering would be... profound, I daresay."

Moonjet nodded blithely at Nightstick. "No one appreciate it more than us, believe me."

Long Haul shrugged, "Hey, if they're not on their side, well, I ain't gonna put a bullet through their heads. It's not like they're Autobots or anythin'." The Constructicon stretched. "Mind, if they try to kill us, don't fault me for killing them."

Darkjet looked at Shuttle Gunner, and nodded, "I'm... well, I don't think I'm going to refuse help. Especially against Thunderwing. Moonjet, stay."

Moonjet was about to protest, but Long Haul cut him off. "Your partner's got a point. You're low on energon, and your arm's not fully grafted yet. You'll be shot out of the sky faster than you can say 'incoming'." Moonjet sullenly slunk down next to Sandstorm's gurney.

Tinker walked up to Darkjet and Shuttle Gunner. "I'll come with you guys." The inventor said. "They've got more medics than required here anyway, and for a techie like me to be able to observe stuff hands-on will help Hook and the others." Tinker looked from Darkjet to Shuttle Gunner and back again. "We're all probably gonna die."

Battlefield

Broadside shrugged, "Roadbuster's going to flip."

"Already did." Springer told Broadside, smiling a little at Sandstorm and Twin Twist's familiar demeanor. His face, however, was still dark. How he missed being in the Wreckers... why he had went rogue when he learnt that everyone else was dead. Why he was so outraged that some punk tried to wave around the Wrecker banner as if they knew what they were doing.

"Really?" Broadside asked. "What did he do?"

"Punched me." Springer replied. "We've got things to do, people to kill. We can chit-chat later." The former Autobot turned around in time to see Tidal Wave transform in the distance... the same direction where he had heard Arcee's cry earlier. "Let's start with him. Let's roll, people. You too, Scoop."

Broadside shook his head as he followed Springer as he turned and walked towards the Imperial Landing Zone. "You need to lighten up a little, Springs. I know it's all serious and stuff, but you know what Whirl said-"

"Whirl's dead." Springer said, possibly a bit harsher than he meant to.

"....Oh." Broadside said, his expression falling, and he trudged silently behind Springer as he transformed into his car mode.

Hate Plague Danger zone

Brawl shrugged. "Just saying." The Combaticon's expression fell when Bluestreak mentioned Swindle. "His... friend? Yeah, you could possibly call us that. Never liked him, he sold me for parts to a bunch of humans once, but all the same I'd rather have his ugly mug around here than dead."

"Well, you're listed among Onslaught's list of Combaticon captains, Blue." Road Hugger replied to Bluestreak through the commlink. "Won't make that mistake again. Mind you, I'm with the Combaticons for a shorter time than you are and now I'm the leader."

"Leave the fossil-calling to the Imperials, shortstuff." Blast Off snapped at Gunbarrel as he opened fire at one of the remaining Dreads. "Nice." he nodded appreciatively as Stratosphere got rid of the suicidal Dreads attached to him. "You guys are good. For protoforms born yesterday."

Nearby, Sky High transformed into robot mode, keeping afloat with the jets in his boots, opening fire with his cerebro-scrambler gun, while wielding his massive schyte menacingly at the remaining Dreads.

Skydive snorted and tossed away his two cannons, and pulled out a sphere and a gauntlet-like device weapon from subspace.

"Maybe." He told the other Skydive. He aimed the sphere -- an Energon Harvester -- and fired at the Aerilabot, while he launched the Polarity Gauntlet at Airazor and Breakaway, attempting to glue them together. "But all the same, my side's Skydive is better than yours."

Once he attacked, the Predator's shield flared up again and the other Skydive's blasts ricocheted off his forcefield.

It was pure, pure chance that as Snarl and Jackpot were about to slam to each other, it rained Dreads. Stratosphere's stunt sent the kamikaze Dreads tumbling down in exploding balls of fire and metal.

One of the Dreads slammed straight in front of Jackpot, forcing him to transform and jump, over the corpse and over Snarl... and land on the other side.

"Yes, I can." Jackpot sneered, catching Rage out of the corner of his optic. "Decepticon!"

It was so much easier to get mad at Rage than Snarl. Jackpot picked the dead Blurr's appropriated Imperial rifle and fired off several rounds at Rage.

Sixshot's mind, still reeling from the Hate Plague, still trying to fight the overriding urge to get down there and beat the living daylights out of Ultra Magnus, transformed into robot mode and hovered, shaking his head.

"A weapon and a tool, am I?" Sixshot asked out loud, veering slightly to the left to avoid the two laser blasts. "What about you yourself, Magnus? We're not so different, I and you, you and I."

Kill.

Control the hate.

"We're both created to destroy the enemy. And here, a chance to destroy the Autobot's City Commander, one of their best military assets... while he's hopped up on Hate Plague." Sixshot shook his head. Speaking out loud clears things. "Maybe I can be more than a tool, yes. Bludgeon was right... I am a warrior. I am a warrior, not a weapon."

The sixchanger narrowed his optics. For the first time, his mind was actually clear. Had it been a few weeks earlier, Hate Plague or no he would never have turned down a fight with those he deemed worthy. Ultra Magnus, Quick Switch, Chromedome, Pointblank...

Yet now, now he knew he had something better to do. "In your words, Magnus... I can't deal with you right now."

Sixshot took into the air, still in the same position but high enough so that he'll be able to easily dodge Ultra Magnus' fire, and opened a commlink to Scrapper. "Scrapper, this is Sixshot. I am carrying the Hate Plague spores, but it's not affecting me. How can I help?"

Imperial Landing Zone

Griffe's body spasmed as Sideswipe pumped him full of EMP blasts.

"Huh." Windcharger said as he dropped beside Sideswipe, nodding, smiling slightly, proud of how Sideswipe did not advocate to murder the helpless Imperials. Windcharger raised his own EMP cannon and opened fire at Demon, emptying a clip's worth of stunning blasts at the Predator.

He didn't say anything to Sideswipe,of course. A battlefield isn't a place to talk a lot.

Windcharger looked up at the looming Tidal Wave. "Oh bummer." The Autobot muttered. "Okay, that's who we have to deal with next... oh scrap." Windcharger's expression fell into that of horror when he saw the Demons approaching.

The Autobot raised his hand and sent several of the destroyed ship's hulls at the Demons.

Searchlight opened his optic, and groaned, as he saw the Demons attacking in the distance. It's like a Primus-forsaken nightmare...

The Throttlebot pushed off the lid off his pod, which pushed away the unconscious form of Knock Out, and transformed into vehicle mode, careful not to come into contact with the infected. The Throttlebot then raced off, to find other Autobots to be with.

"Fat Autoboses is fat, yes. We can sees it." Hyena chanted. "Pretty little demons will have a full stomach, yes, tasty little Autobot pieces. Maybe they'll let us join in, hmm?"

Hyena's chant was cut into a scream as Artfire's flames tore into his undercarriage, setting him on fire. "Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!"

The Predator retreated, pulling up. "Fat Autobot will pay! Fat Autobotses will-" Hyena did not finish his sentence, for the flames reached a fuel line and an explosion tore apart his left flank, sending him tumbling through the air.
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Battlefield

Mauler was driving to the Battlefield. He mistaken attacking Sandstorm and Twin Twist with missiles. Mauler was unsure if they're Decepticons or not!
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Imperial Landing Zone

Treds transformed and fired at Warpath, who was fireing at Tidel Wave. "Hey! Don't run away! This is between you and me, throwback!" he shouted, when a Demon pounced on him.

"Slag" Treds grouned as he fired his shoulder missiles at the beast while it lunged at him.

Bad Boy swerved out of the way of Roterstorms shots. "Really? Trust me throwback, I am one of the Empires best Air Fighters and I'm not loseing to you" he said with a serious tone.

He then transformed and came down on the Turbomaster, intending to knock him out of the sky with one, well placed, kick.

Arcalight bit down on Gears corpse, licking in all the Energon. Then he saw Arcee come at him, swinging her beam sword at him. Arcalight grinned. His next meal had come.

"Come here, pretty" Arcalight snarled in his ferel, animalistic tone. He then threw himself at the crazed Fembot, intending to tear her apart limb by limb.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Imperial Landing Zone

"No one's running away, punk." Warpath said, transforming and rolling aside to avoid Treds' fire, which exploded harmlessly on the space he had just been standing in. "BOOM! And no, this isn't between you and me. It's between my side and yours. And as far as I'm concerned, you're strictly small fry. ZING!"

Ignoring the Imperial and leaving him to the mercies of the Demon, Warpath resumed opening fire on Tidal Wave with his chest-mounted turret, for all the good it did.

Arcee hissed and sliced with her lightsaber in a cut intended to behead Arcalight. With her other hand, she pulled out the EMP-blaster, and opened fire on the Imperial, pumping shot after shot of circuitry-disabling EMP bursts.

She was aware of the giant Tidal Wave looming above her, but that can wait...
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Battlefield

Mauler continues to attack Sandstorm and Twin Twist with lasers and missiles!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Battlefield

Springer glared at Mauler. A single fighter, going up against four Wreckers--no, five, with Scoop--he's either suicidal, or an idiot.

"Wreckers, kill it. We have no time to play around... we've got bigger fish to fry." Springer glanced at Tidal Wave roaring in the distance. "Literally." The Wrecker turned around mid-air and opened fire with his wing-mounted laser cannons at Mauler.

"He's got an Autobrand." Broadside told Springer.

"So? He's shooting at us, isn't he? Flame's got an Autobrand too. Triton had an Autobrand. Rodimus frickin' Convoy had an Autobrand. You've gone soft, you big tugboat." Springer retorted.

"Hmph." Broadside pulled out his own plasma pulse gun, and opened fire at Mauler. "Back fifteen seconds and already pushing us around."

"What do you expect? We're Wreckers."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Battlefield

Scoop pulled out his 2 targetmasters and opened fire on Mauler.
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Battlefield

Mauler got hit with minor damage. Mauler shoots missiles at Scoop. Mauler said: "Destroy Decepticon!"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Battlefield

A more compassionate Autobot might have shown mercy, but sadly Mauler had the misfortune to run into the Wreckers. Alone, or perhaps if he was surrounded by moral-guardian-types like Beachcomber or Hot Spot, Broadside might have tried to talk things out and all that bull.

Now? Hell, he ain't going to look weak in front of Springer and Sandstorm and Twin Twist and Scoop. Let them suggest talking it out.

Besides, if the little idiot is stupid enough to open fire on them, either he's an Imperial in disguise, or a fool too stupid to live.

"Go bother someone else, shortie." Broadside said as he continued opening fire with his plasma cannon. "We've got things to do. Shoo."
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Mauler shoots missiles at Broadside.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Battlefield

Broadside grunted as one of the missiles slammed onto his massive frame, but considering the thick armour he had in his robot mode, the missile didn't do so much as blacken the Wrecker's exostructure.

"We're wasting time." Broadside muttered.
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Battlefield

Mauler transforms into his robot mode. "Hold your fire! Hold your fire! Mauler is an Autobot! Hold your fire!" Shouted Mauler
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Shuttle Gunner shook his head. "No," he told Tinker "As long as we don't allow defeatism to cloud our judgment, I calculate an 86% chance that at least one of us will return alive."

He walked out of the hospital and transformed to shuttle mode, emitting a soft hummm as his gamma ray lasers charged.

Scrapper pulled out of Sandstorm's head, a vexed expression on his face. Then he looked over at Moonjet and Nightstick.

"You two. We don't have proper hospital equipment here, so I need someone to assist me with my surgery."

Nightstick's eyes grew wide with shock. "We're, uh, not exactly doctors..."

"You don't need to be," Scrapper said. "But I need someone with small hands," he nodded to Nightstick, "and someone with a brain module I can borrow." He gave Moonjet a reassuring look. "I need to disconnect the higher functions of my patient's brain module to repair him. If I do that he'll die in seconds...unless I can temporarily run his body functions though a functional brain. It will be...uncomfortable for you, but not life-threatening."

When Sixshot's communique came through, his brow furrowed in thought. "Why aren't you effected?" he asked. "And is anyone else in the same situation as you? I need more information before I can put any of my staff at risk examining you."

Battlefield

"Slag," Sandstorm responded to the news of Whirl's death unhappily. "He was a good mech. Crazy, but good."

Twin Twist just grunted. "What about Topspin? He OK?"

When Mauler started firing, the slow Jumpstarter was knocked off his tracks by a missile impact. Transforming quickly in mid-air, he drew his ion impulse blaster and aimed at the stranger.

Sandstorm, meanwhile, steered around a laser barrage before transforming to helicopter mode and raising himself up in the air. Then he dipped forward, using his rotors to blow waves of blinding dust around him.

"I don't get it," he said to the other Wreckers. "Why did he attack us?"

Hate Plague Danger zone

"Me too," Bluestreak said to Brawl, "not that I would have admitted it when he was alive. So I guess we've got that in common at least."

Responding to Road Hugger, he said, "Well, that's different. You're leader material. I'm a merchant who got a gun shoved into his hands and never got a chance to put it down."

Gunbarrrel made an indignant noise. "I'm six months old, thank you very much," he told Blast Off. "By Aerialbot standards that's practically ancient."

"But we had good teachers," Thunderstick told piped in.

"And Fireflight," Skysickle said, "you know, to show us what not to do."

Dropping down from above like they were, Airazor and Breakaway had a hard time avoiding the polarity gauntlet that Skydive threw at them. Lucky for them they didn't need to, because Sonar, flying behind them, used a high-pitched sonic blast to shatter the weapon's delicate electronics and turn it into little more than a simple ballistic projectile.

Skydive tried to dodge the energon harvester, but as fast has he was going even his legendary agility wasn't enough. He tried to climb, but felt his wings start to stall as he put too much strain on them.

Well, I gave it a good try, he thought. But I guess I'm no Silverbolt.

As he lost control, he resigned himself to death.

It didn't come.

"One rescue, coming up!" Evac swung up behind Skydive, grabbing him with a tractor beam and pulling him away from the harvester. "Didn't think we'd forget about you, did you boss?"

"Not for a second," Skydive said breathlessly.

Air Raid, meanwhile, led the remaining Aerialbots in on an attack vector in a wedge formation. All of them held their fire, though, except for Makeshift...who shot out an energy-draining beam at the Imperial Skydive's shield in the hopes of siphoning it off.

Fireflight, Ro-Tor, Storm Jet, Overcast and Runway were spread out behind the lead pair, each of them ready to fire from different angles when the opportunity presented itself.

"I'm not sure if the boss mentioned," Air Raid said to their target, "but we Aerialbots fight as a team."

Acid Storm, Bootleg and Thunderflare, meanwhile, circled the battle from above and began picking off straggling Dreads.

Snarl made a disgusted noise as Dreads started to land on him, Jackpot forgotten as he started slicing apart the more nearby enemies.

Rage ducked under Jackpot's gunfire, sending several return blasts from his fusion rifle back at the Autobot. Then he pulled the head off of a nearby Dread, grabbed it's body by the chest and hoisted it in front of him as a shield.

"You've just made the biggest mistake of your life," he said to the Autobot. "Plague or no plague I don't mind killing you."

Before he could take another step closer, though, a giant cluster of Morphobots leaped between them, flailing tentacles in all directions as the Hate Plague overwhelmed the creatures' simple brains.

"Rah!" Rage slashed into the mass of creatures with his corrosion blade, trying to cut his way through to the Autobot who had attacked him.

The battlefield around them was a graveyard now, littered with the broken bodies of dozens of infectees now either dead or crippled -- either way, no longer a threat to spread the plague. The number of glowing-red robots still standing was much less than that, but Rage knew he still had a lot of work to do before the battle was done.

Ultra Magnus roared, the Hate Plague only amplifying his natural enmity for the monster Sixshot as he lunged hopelessly toward the retreating sixchanger.

Imperial Landing Zone

Sideswipe cocked his head to one side as a pack of Demons charged at them. "OK, these guys, we kill. Leave the big guy for the Omegas. That's what they're here for."

He fired a burst of flares at one of them, but the creature only smiled and said, "Warm..."

"Oh, right," he shook his head. "They like being shot, don't they? Dammit, I should really have paid more attention to that time Grimlock told me about them."

Slinging his EMP rifle over his shoulder, he went after the nearest creature and started hacking at it with his sword.

Artfire shook his head as Hyena exploded.

"Not what I was going for, but I guess it'll work."

The Targetmaster slowly got up to his feet and started to plod toward Arcee and Arcalight, hoping to help the femme in her battle.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Having recovered from his dazed state, Sinnertwin righted himself, choosing to remain in his twin-headed dragon mode. He caught Wildrider and Rippersnapper in his general line of sight, charging at him like frenzied cyber-animals who had discovered an intruder wandering into their territory. They were closing in unnaturally speedily.

His grenade launcher was not fit for employment, given the modest distance between himself and them, but his flamethrower was a weapon he could depend on in these bizarre circumstances. Close quarters combat was his preference—no doubt about it—but he was in no position to pick and choose who he wished to fight and with what instruments.

So that left him with his flamethrower, which wasn't exactly such a terrible weapon once he mused on the potential it had to inflict significant destruction on the infected ones.

Both of his mouths yawned open, revealing a set of treacherous chasms lined with flawless white teeth, each one featuring a lethal razor-sharp edge. The darkness resting in the gorges stirred and rippled, as if roused from slumber. Fat streams of brilliant yellow flames erupted from Sinnertwin's mouths, licking the air greedily before him, hungry to consume the approaching forms of Wildrider and Rippersnapper.

If they wanted him, they would have to get by his flamethrower first.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Wasteland-Protihexian Border

Thunderclash scowled. "I am waiting, Imperial," he impatiently told Mindset. "State your intentions now, or I'll order my men to open fire."
_________

Constructicon Field Hospital

As per Hoist's specifications, Fortress Maximus soon arrived above the Constructicon's makeshift field hospital. A far more convenient rendezvous point than the Headmaster had originally intended, as several of his passengers -- both Autobot and Combaticon -- were injured.

The large Autobot's underside maneuvering thrusters slowed the transtector's decent as it lowered safely down to the ground.

"We're here," he announced. "Hoist should be along momentarily."

----

Inside the field hospital, however, the occupants were preoccupied by the inner-workings of the lifeless Thunderwing copy, split open on the medical slab, to notice the timely arrival of Fortress Maximus and his passengers.

Perceptor leaned in closer to the carapace, slowly moving his eyes along the complex network of circuitry and bio-mechanical components.

The science officer nodded his head and said, "A simple enough task, I believe," he told Hook. "I was able to bypass the Imperial's coding and jamming frequencies before. I can confidently attest that I have a good grasp of its limitations."

Perceptor looked readily to the Constructicon. "Shall I?"

Imperial Landing Zone

To his left, Optimus saw Tidal Wave emerge from the remaining Imperial drop ships; over his opponent's shoulder, came the Demons, shambling out from the enemy encampment.

The Autobot Leader had been delayed long enough.

He shifted his gaze back to Trap and narrowed his eyes. "Again I sympathize, but I haven't time to reason to with a irresolute solider." Optimus's tone was firm and deep. "Now if you will excuse me, my Autobots need me...."

Prime did not wait for a reply; he moved quickly past Trap and took to the air, bounding across the landing zone to the small base -- and toward the Demons.

(OOC: Nothing personal, of course, Blackjack. It's just time for Optimus Prime to be...you know, Optimus Prime :))
----

Rotorstorm tossed his forearm in front of his head, parrying Bad Boy's flying kick as the Imperial came down.

With his free hand, the Turbomaster arched his fist back and swung up at Bad Boy's chin.

---

Tidal Wave's barrage exploded against the Omega Sentinel's back, shattering its 'wing' and spraying large burning chunks of metal across the landing zone and upon any hapless combatant.

It did little else to impede its movement. All this accomplished -- perhaps as intended -- was divert the massive robot's attention onto Tidal Wave and unleash a wide plasma blast from its arm cannon.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Countdown's ATV unleashed its 'sonic boomers' upon the slowly creeping Morphobots as it made its pass, combining the armored vehicle's audio receptor-piercing assault with Siren's.

"They don't like it, that's for sure," said Siren.

"Yeah, but it doesn't appear to be stopping them either*," Countdown commed back. "That's it, we did what we could. Let's rendezvous with Fortress Maximus."

"Right."

Siren fired one last pulse from his 'sonic scream pistol' at the Morphobots, bouncing backwards as he did so, then transformed into his respective police vehicle mode and raced off with the Autobot ATV.

(OOC: * - Or maybe it did, I have no idea.)

Hoist's Shuttle

Hoist followed the Iaconian escort as instructed, being especially careful not to deviate from the path.

The shuttle was led along the outer region of the city-state, the Autobot perimeter being quite visible even from their height.

The smoke and ruin caused by the battle transpiring in Protihex was also visible -- as well as the dark rain clouds hanging overhead the former Steelhaven site and the towering forms of an Omega Sentinel engaging an unknown giant mechanoid far off in the northeast corner of the city-state.

What the blazes is happening in there?

It wasn't long until Hoist was able to pick out the Constructicon's field hospital amidst the chaos on the main monitor, and the group of Autobots and Combaticons converging nearby.

Hoist pointed. "There," he told Road Hugger. "That must be it."

(OOC: If I don't post in a timely manner (again), Blackjack, feel free to land Hoist's shuttle yourself. Or just do it if you want to speed things up.)

Manganese Mountains, Steelhaven

Ratchet tilted his head. "Your current form isn't equipped with any in-built defenses?" he answered Brainstorm. "We can stop by the armory if you'd prefer. Mind you, it's merely a precaution, but I doubt there's anything to worry about." The Captain waved dismissively. "Just stay near me and Groove. Cog will be monitoring from the bridge too, so he'll let us know if there's any surprises waiting for us in there."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

“I suppose so.” Tinker told Shuttle Gunner as he followed the other Decepticon out and transformed after him, the conifer-green Seeker keeping in pace with the Battle Gaia team member. “I’m kind-of a field medic, so I’ll make sure you guys survive. Try to, at least- have we introduced ourselves? Name’s Tinker.”

Darkjet transformed into his alternate mode and followed the two, bringing up the rear. “I’m Darkjet. Leader of the Predator Jet Corps. Former leader, anyway.”

“Jet Corps?”

“Made up of myself, Moonjet, and the late Shadowjet and Flarejet.”

“Seriously?”

“So our parents weren’t feeling creative that day.”

Hook nodded at Perceptor. Of course, given time, he could crack the coding and jamming frequencies as well, but again time is of the essence, and he was a doctor, not an everyman like the Autobot.

“Feel free, good chap.” Hook told Perceptor.

Did he just call the Autobot a ‘good chap’?

“Ooh, ooh, I can assist you with surgery, Scrapper, yes I can!” Long Haul cried, short of bouncing up and down as he strode over from where Hook and Perceptor were working to where Scrapper was.

Mixmaster dragged Long Haul by the back of his neck, reining him in before he slammed onto Scrapper and messed up everything. Mixmaster, unlike the others, noticed Fortress Maximus landing outside. “Now is a good time to tell the big giant Autobot Headmaster city outside that we are fixing Autobots, not holding them hostage. Hurry hurry hurry before he turns his planet-destroying cannons on us.”

Moonjet’s mouth hung open in horror as Scrapper told him that he needed to borrow his brain – definitely not a request you hear every day – but figured that if these people helped him, he should… well, for the sake of living… Moonjet’s heard stories about these primitive Constructicons. Savage constructors that cannibalize the dead bodies of their enemies for construction materials… “It won’t kill me? Yeah, yeah, sure, I’m not doing anything better anyway.”

Fortress Maximus

Brawl snorted. “Vortex’s dead, too.” He said. His tone made it sound like he was simply stating a fact. But he knew, deep down, he would miss that psychopathic comrade… friend of his. Onslaught, Swindle, Vortex… no more he would see them. Brawl knew people had been brought back from the dead… the Combaticons themselves have been brought back from the dead once… but there was a sinking feeling in him that told him those that died that day… will stay dead.

“Get the wounded in.” Brawl told Thunderhead and Grimstone. He had no idea who was injured and how much, but he knew that none of his troops are physically (or mentally, considering that more than half their forces have been turned into redshirts) fit for battle.

Hyperdrive and Detour hopped down. “Huh. Back here again.”

Battlefield

“Metallikato.” Sixshot told Scrapper. “Think of it as some weird ninja jedi skill. I seriously doubt that this will prevent the plague from hopping to members of your staff, but I’m carrying the plague in me without it turning me into a rage-filled killing machine, and I think you science-types could figure something out of it.”

“Topspin was fighting with me before he was knocked out.” Springer told Twin Twist, refusing to dwell on Whirl’s death again. “From the looks of it, he, RB and that fire-boy murdered a few high-ranking Imperials before moving on.”

Springer snorted as Mauler requested for a ceasefire. “Wreckers, stop firing! We’ve wasted enough time on this idiot. Let’s go!” Springer headed off towards the Imperial Landing Zone, towards Tidal Wave… and Arcee….

Broadside shrugged, and hopped into the air, transforming into jet mode and following after Springer. “You’re the boss.”

Hate Plague Danger Zone

“Fireflight’s about, what, forty, fifty years old now?” Blast Off asked Skysickle. “God, I missed Fireflight. He’s like, the sitting duck of the crazy Aerialbots. You’ve got the other four, crazy-deadly fighters… and there’s Fireflight. Vortex an’ I an’ the Seekers, we used to leave Fireflight for last and hold a bet on how long before he smashes into a cliff. Of course, Ramjet always gets bored and slam onto him first. Oh, speak of the devil…”

“STOP DODGING MY CRAZY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION WITH YOUR XALDAMNED TEAMWORK!” Skydive screeched as yet again the Aerialbots bypassed his Polarity Gauntlet. Even his Energon Harvester… oh, wait, he hit his namesake.

That’s something!

Oh, he’s winning- no, wait, the Aerialbot just got rescued….

An energy-draining beam slammed onto his forcefield, sapping the energy out of it. “Oh, you have got to be kidding me-” Skydive moaned as even more Aerialbots arrived… and Seekers? Oh that acid-rain Seeker he failed to kill earlier…

More missile blasts slammed onto his forcefield, and Skydive turned around to see a duo of (albeit limping) Combaticons–Skyburst and Darkstream–flying towards him.

“You bastards have no idea of a fair fight, do you?” Skydive snarled, as Makeshift’s blast thinned out his forcefield even further. “Oh, damn it-”

Skydive dropped the Energon Harvester, and pulled out a fusion cannon and a nucleon shock cannon, opening fire at the two groups of Aerialbots.

Wildrider snarled and yelped as Sinnertwin’s flames tore onto his exostructure, melting the exterior armour. The attack was unexpected, and he stumbled backwards, losing his grip on his scatter-blaster… somewhere in all the rubble. Not that he cared. Not that he cared at all.

He charged at Sinnertwin headfirst (literally), screaming, no thought for his safety whatsoever.

Breakdown was still screaming, causing the Scraplets and Morphobots around him to break apart to their component parts.

Even disoriented and infected by the Hate Plague, luck still had Jackpot’s side as the Morphobots all but saved his life. Luck turned his way again, as some of the remaining infected Combaticons – Sunspot and Tailwhip, although Jackpot wouldn’t know their names – lunged at him.

Jackpot kicked Sunspot in the face, sending him stumbling backwards and into the tentacles of the Morphobots, where he was torn limb to limb without so much as a scream, so consumed was he in anger. Tailwhip, on the other hand, already injured from the aerial battle with the Aerialbots, was blasted in the chest by one of Rage’s shots.

“Come at me, then! You silly Red Alert kitbash.” Jackpot transformed into vehicle mode and shot off, moving away from Rage and Snarl, “Come on! Let’s see you two primitive buffoons catch me!”

“I think you’re actually driving them awaaaaaaAAAAAAA-”

Barricade’s words trailed off in a scream as a whipping Morphobot tendril whipped him off the back of Countdown’s ATV, and he lost his grip. The Decepticon scrambled to his feet, but a second Morphobot tentacle lashed out and stabbed through the Micromaster’s back, bursting out through his chest. Barricade looked at his chest with a fearful, panicked expression…

Then his body turned grey.

Imperial Landing Zone

“Good thing you had those sword lessons with Drift, eh?” Windcharger asked Sideswipe. “As for me, well, I’ll have to go all Magneto on these guys.”

Windcharger raised his arms, sending corpses and chunks of spaceships and pillars and girders flying towards the Demons, intending to pierce them, slow them down or at least distract them enough for Sideswipe to murder them.

Drift was still hopping around Buzzard, irritating the large Predator as he attempted to tear the Autobot apart with his bare hands. Out of the corner of his vision, Drift saw the Demons approaching, but he couldn't just let Buzzard go.

Not when he's carrying a truckload of IMBCs...

Searchlight opened fire at Arcalight with his blaster, trying to avoid the demons and Predators and infected and giant walking ship monsters...

(OOC: And it’s time for Trap to be a stain on the ground. ;))

Trap opened his mouth to speak, but before he could do so his head exploded.

“Traitors must die.” Griffe muttered, both he and Demon starting to get up from where Sideswipe Windcharger had left them alive. The explosions built into Trap, however, ignited, and the explosion took Griffe with it, leaving behind two dead bodies.

Demon screeched at his twin’s death, but his screech was cut short as two Demons found him, and, without even stopping to catch a breath, tore Demon from limb to limb.

Pyro launched fireballs and missiles at the enroaching Demons, optics narrowed almost into slits. "Come on, you vile, vile creatures of the Pit! I will send you back to where you belong!"

What would Optimus Prime do in his situation?

What, indeed.

He saw Optimus Prime moving past him, and, more out of force of habit than anything, turned to follow, charging off and transforming to keep up with his glorious leader.

For, after all, he and Optimus Prime... they are alike. This might be the one time that he would have the chance to prove himself to Optimus Prime, to prove that he can be as good as the great ideal... He might even help Optimus Prime save the universe...

The plasma blast slammed onto Tidal Wave, just as the titanic Imperial raised his arms. The large plates on his arms absorbed the plasma blasts, leaving nothing but a scorched exostructure. Of course, being designed to withstand heat does not mean that Tidal Wave was immune to the effects of force, and that force from the Omega Sentinel’s blast sent him stumbling backwards. A step… another step… and a third one.

“Tidal Wave.”

Tidal Wave’s giant cannons flipped up from the sides of his chest.

“Fear him!” Falcon yelled triumphantly from where he was flying above the giant. “These cannons are more powerful as your Metroplex Cities’ MASER cannons! My brother Skydive calls it the… TSUNAMI BLASTER!”

“Tidal Wave.” Tidal Wave agreed, and opened fire with his cannons at the Omega Sentinel again.

Warpath opened fire at the Demons and at Tidal Wave alternately with his tank. "BOOM! SPUDOW! KAPOW! KAZOW!" The Minibot yelled, sending shells of all types flying everywhere.

Several of Tidal Wave's chest-mounted turrets turned around and returned fire, sending blasts of purple-hot lasers flying towards Warpath.

Unlike the Omega Sentinel, Warpath was not that heavily armed.

Blasts raked apart the ground where Warpath was standing, as well as Warpath himself. Yet the little red Autobot tank did never gave up, returning fire, sending tank shells even as one of Tidal Wave's blasts slammed onto him, turning him into a very loud explosion.

Hoist's Shuttle

“Ha! I’m a rebellious little punk who was born into war, Bluestreak. Created by, of all people, this gap-toothed bastard who’s destroying our city.” Road Hugger replied to the Autobot. “I’m as much leader material as you are.”

He turned to Hoist, and glared at the Iaconian escort with anger in his optics.

Of course, the Autobots are doing the right thing. They are doing what they do… bureaucracy. Control. The same could simply be said for the Decepticon’s tyranny, or lust for power…

No.

No more.

The ideals of Protihex, the gray race… once this was done, no matter what Starscream or Prowl or whichever idiot wants to get in his way, Road Hugger will make Optimus Prime and Gigatron sign a treaty.

Road Hugger narrowed his optics as he saw the Omega Sentinel engaging another giant… not a giant Thunderwing, though. Typical.

Road Hugger nodded. “That building’s got Constructicon written all over it. Let’s land….” Road Hugger would’ve smiled if he had a mouth. He spotted Hyperdrive among the crowd, standing near Brawl and Bluestreak.

Manganese Mountains, Steelhaven

Brainstorm shrugged and shook his head at Ratchet. “Don’t mind me, doctor. I’ll act as an extra pair of eyes. Besides, I’m really not quite that good with a gun. Not when it’s not connected to a giant suit of armour that I turn into the head off. Force of habit and all that.”
Bartmanhomer
Protoform

Post by Bartmanhomer »

Battlefield

Mauler follows the Wreckers.
Shine

Post by Shine »

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Sinnertwin didn't know why he had doubted his flamethrower. Although he had been bitter about bringing it into play, he certainly appreciated its potency now. Like all the Terrorcons' preference for applying their claws, teeth and physical strength in battle, Sinnertwin shared their partiality of getting up close and personal with his foes. But apparently he'd forgotten that his flamethrower was tailored for close combat.

Indeed, he fought like a true Terrorcon: brutally and physically.

Pleased with the damage rendered on Wildrider and Rippersnapper's bodies, Sinnertwin prepared to bathe them in flames again, a second fiery blast on its way. His jaws opened and he aimed his attack at his team-mate.

Before he could submerge Rippersnapper in a sea of golden fire, however, Wildrider's helm smashed into Sinnertwin's chest-plate, foiling the attack. Almost instantly after the blow, Sinnertwin's dragon mode was swallowed by a crimson glow, the Hate Plague gliding over the surface of his creature form, covering him in his entirety.

If there wasn't a Morphobot trying to bury its barbed tentacles into Hun-Grrr and his remaining Terrorcons, then Scraplets conspired to take up residence within the three Decepticons and raise families of inconceivable numbers. While these seemed to be the only available options Hun-Grrr refused both. As far as he was concerned, a third option lay hidden in the corner and smothered in shadows, evidently cast aside by the first two.

Survival.

It was a difficult thing to achieve, though, considering the intense conditions that were attached to their present situation. The Terrorcons were among some of the most powerful Transformers to have been created, but they were a mere trio in this field of insanity, gradually languishing owing to the astonishing amount of Scraplets and Morphobots to contend with. Not to mention the Autobots and Hate Plague victims as well.

Cutthroat unleashed a barrage of double-barrelled magnetiser rifle fire on the Scraplets for the umpteenth time. “Die, you ugly fraggers! Die!” He glanced at Blot, who wasn't more than a few feet away. “Ain't this fun, Blotty? Huh? Killing off all of these dirty little things?”

Cutthroat might have been enjoying himself a little too much, which wouldn't have been a surprise.

Then it came to Hun-Grrr—or rather a particular individual inspired the idea. Not far from where he was on the battlefield, he sighted Breakdown, scrunched down with his back up against a pile of rubble. Curiously he appeared to be unharmed, and miniature mountains composed of Scraplet and Morphobot parts alike were huddled around him as if constructed for the purposes of a crude defence.

A smirk developed on his face-plate. Yes! That special ability of his. It's keeping them at bay.

Perhaps if Hun-Grrr could “rescue” Breakdown, he could exploit his unique rumbling capability to further the odds of their survival. It was going to be quite the irritation including the others into his thoughts—as he did only out of necessity—but there was nothing he could do about it. Blot and Cutthroat belonged to his unit, after all—they were his responsibility—and the Stunticon was the ace that would keep them alive.

So, naturally, sacrifices had to be made.

Finished blasting yet more Scraplets, he bellowed his command. “Blot! Cutthroat! We're going after Breakdown so follow me!”

The two Terrorcons disengaged from their personal batch of never-ending enemies when the opportunity presented itself and trailed Hun-Grrr, who led them to Breakdown's position, the combined effort of their weapons clearing a path for safer travel.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Wildrider fell backwards, stumbling as his head made contact with Sinnertwin's frame. The Terrorcon was much, much tougher than he looked like, and Wildrider had felt pieces of his skull cave in.

The flames were still licking at Wildrider's body, melting chunks of his finish, while fusing and locking up some of his smaller joints with molten metal. Chunks of him, little screws and pieces of armour and gears, were falling bit by bit.

Nonetheless, he could not stop. Not with the anger, not with the rage...

Wildrider roared, and swung another blow at Sinnertwin, oblivious to his own pain, oblivious to the fact that he was literally falling apart bit by bit.

Breakdown was still screaming, his break-down field tearing through another group of Scraplets.

Why are they all looking at him? They are all looking at him!

Breakdown risked a peek out of his eyelids.

EYES

ALL THOSE EYES

A dead Autobot looked up at Breakdown with hollow eyes, beside him a group of Scraplets did the same.

Breakdown turned around, another group of dead Decepticons and Imperials glared at him through soulless eyes.

He turned around.

More eyes. More soulless gazes, all boring into his soul.

"STOP LOOKING AT MEEEEEE!!!!!!" Breakdown screamed, voice shrill, oblivious to Hun-Grrr and the Terrorcons making their way towards his position. His distress and caused some of the corpses to snap and spontaneously blow apart from the field's overload... which was probably an accurate depiction of what was happening to Breakdown's own sanity.