[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Dark Messiah (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Galaxy Shuttle

"Would you kindly stop pointing guns at us, please?" Phaser snapped in annoyance as he opened his hangar doors. "Do you think Blast Master and I went to the trouble of enacting three separate daring rescues just to let you get all of our rescuees killed in a misunderstanding-triggered shootout? Stand back, put your weapons away and don't think for a second I won't slap the entire room with a stun beam if any of you try to start something."

"Uh, Phaser...you know Sky Lynx is in there too, right?" Blast Master asked.

"Don't worry, I'll stun each of his parts just to be sure."

"Actually, I mean because he's our--"

"I know what you meant," an exasperated Phaser sighed.

Wildfly frowned. "Huh?" he asked, before finally applying his dazzling mental faculties to the gruelling task of figuring out how to unbuckle his seatbelt. Once he was free, he pressed his questioning. "Why would Autobots rescue us, Slog? We don't like them, remember?"

He scowled. "And stop insulting my alt-mode." The air crackled around him and his Pretender shell appeared out of subspace as he stepped off the shuttle. "I didn't get my shell destroyed, you dummy! Don't make me swat you and your ugly pig buddy over there."

His odd, half-insect half-gargoyle shell laughed, as the simple-minded Wildfly was want to do when he insulted or threatened someone else.

Birdbrain looked over at Icepick and smiled. "I'm still here and fully functional." He gestured toward his shell-wearing boorish counterpart. "So's Wildfly, unfortunately."

"Hey! I heard that!"

"No one cares, Wildfly. Don't make me subspace you again."

"Yeah, right. Like you ever could."

"Memory like a goldfish," Birdbrain muttered. "Memory like a goldfish..."

Heave shivered at Pharma's tone. "Uh...maybe we should go outside?" he asked Tackle. "You know, so we're not...underfoot? We wouldn't want to distract the doctor, after all. He's got a job to do."

Octopunch and Stranglehold's Ship

"Yeah, yeah. We love you too." Octopunch told Bludgeon sarcastically. "Don't waste too much time having tea parties with the Autobots. There's still work to do."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Galaxy Shuttle

"I'll show you-" Take-Off began, the brash Decepticon raising his weapon and flicking off the safety... but he felt a heavy force on his chest, and the gun clattered onto his floor.

Bludgeon did not so much as look at Take-Off as raise one hand. He did not speak, nor respond to Phaser and Blast Master. But he did not lower his blade.

"Stay in line." Barrage snapped, his clicking, usually-calm voice sounding annoyed. The Insecticon glared at Take-Off, who picked up his gun abashedly. "Hooligan- make sure he does not shoot the Autobot."

Hooligan tilted his head, chuckled, and prodded Take-Off in the gut with the tip of his missile launcher.

Cosmos raised his hands in panic. "Please, please, people... can't we be civil about this? Please? Phaser? Bludgeon? Guys?"

Slog shook his head as he shuffled-waddled behind Wildfly as he exited his shell. "Like Imperials less, they do. Allies, we are. Do things we dislike, in war, we all sometimes must." Slog shrugged. "Let Birdbrain keep you in subspace, I should. More peaceful, life was."

Slog turned to Bludgeon, and raised his hands. "Our allies, Megatron's ilk are. Trustworthy, they have been... in the short time with us, they have been, anyway. Stupid, it would, to blow up the Micromaster shuttle, if inside they are."

Blackjack walked out behind the Pretender Monsters, arms raised. "Wait, wait... we don't want to fight. Do we?" Blackjack glanced at Shrapnel and Kickback. Shrapnel snorted, but raised his hands as well as he stepped out, a dour expression on his face. Needler scuttled out behind him. "Right, we don't." Blackjack said, smiling. "So, um, since Megatron is dead and Soundwave is dead and Starscream's supposed to be leading us, I'm happy to change sides or whatever. We have wounded on board, who need medical attention."

Bludgeon glared at Blackjack, before shifting his blade to Shrapnel and Kickback. "And of you, Insecticon?"

"What he said, said." Shrapnel replied, voice missing his normal, shrill tone as he stepped out of the shuttle, arms raised noncommittally above his head. "Just point us at what needs to be blowing up, up."

"Good. We're all friends here. So can we lower the stun guns, lower the Jedi swords, and settle down? The Third Great War's over, we're supposed to be all friends here." Cosmos said, doing a nervous chuckle. Blackjack nodded vigorously, agreeing with the Minibot.

Stranglehold frowned. "Bludgeon likes tea? Didn't know that."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Galaxy Shuttle

"Wounded, sorely outnumbered," Sky Lynx silently mused as he listened to Blackjack, "and bereft of proper leadership and a nation of their own..."

Over-Run snorted. "Heh, Starscream?" he said mutedly, as if overhearing his commanding officer's thoughts, "Sorry state they're in, huh?"

"Over-Run, please..."

The Lieutenant Commander looked over the rest of Phaser and Blast Master's passengers, his visor narrowed, before resting his gaze on Blackjack. "I do not claim to know the true purpose of why you are here in Crystal City...."

Sky Lynx, of course, knew the answer to that, but opted not to press the issue further. "That is immaterial, however. The Warworld has been destroyed and the Imperial threat in this sector has been neutralized," he said. "Furthermore, I must ask that you refrain from hostilities while you are here..."

He shot a sideways glance at the Micromaster, adding, "Best not to waste what little resources you have left, mmm?"

"And we did just save you, y'know," Over-Run chimed in. "Phaser and Blast Master, I mean."

"That they did." The Lieutenant Commander shifted his visor to Bludgeon. "How do you wish to resolve this?" he asked. "Since it has been Autobot policy to abstain from involving ourselves in the Decepticon civil war, I do not wish to...step on anyone's toes."

----

Medbay

Tackle lightly chuckled. "Mmm, that might be a good idea," he answered Heave.

"Sorry to be a bother, doc. We'll be on our way then," the orange Multiforce truck called out as he rolled toward the exit.

"Mm-hm, yes, yes. Now, if you will excuse me," Pharma listlessly waved back, his optics glued to the patient on his slab. "One of my assistants here will keep you informed of my progress."

--
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Galaxy Shuttle

Blackjack glanced at Over-Run and shrugged. "Yeah, pretty sorry state we're in. At least before this we had Soundwave to coordinate the attack on the Warworld. I bet he got off scot-free, guy always had a backup plan, but since he's not here..."

"Soundwave is no more." Bludgeon said, voice dry.

Blackjack opened his mouth, but the only word that came out is "Oh."

Slog glanced at Blackjack. "Respond to the Autobot, you should. Part of Megatron's- Starscream's brood, you are. For the purposes of peace, explain yourself, you should. Loathe to destroy you, I am."

Blackjack glanced at Shrapnel, who remained mute. "Um, well, Sky Lynx, we were shot towards the Warworld with an orbital gravity cannon thing, and we totally helped to sabotage the Warworld. We're here to kill the same enemy as you guys. And, yeah, cool. No hostilities. We've got wounded, on board, though. Both ours and Gigatron's people..."

"Speak truth, he does. One of Whisper's men, damaged, indeed. In Bristleback's shell, I believe, he is." Slog turned to Bludgeon.

Bludgeon nodded slowly, before turning to Sky Lynx. "I see no honour in executing them, not when they were merely following orders. And neither can we spare the resources to detain them, especially when we require every soldier we can muster. I will allow them to remain among us... under supervision. Hooligan." Bludgeon pointed at the Cyberjet, who nodded eagerly. The Pretender sheathed his katana. "Decepticons, stand down."

Barrage, Take-Off and the rest of the Decepticon forces began to lower their weapons, but none took their eyes off the Megatron-allied Decepticons.

Take-Off glanced at Hooligan and shook his head. "Not sure I like the new and improved Decepticon cause."

Space Case chuckled from one side as his missile launchers slid back into his arms. "You're an idiot, Take-Off. Just listen' to orders, yeh? We're up against bloody Thunderwing, we barely survived, and you want us to get in another firefight?"

Take-Off snorted. "You don't get to call me smart, Space Case."

Hooligan scratched his chin, T-shaped visor scanning the Autobots. "Wonder if they would mind if I dumped sugar into Sky Lynx's fuel tank?"

"Pretty sure they would." Space Case said. "You remember Megatron?"

"Yeah. That hurt." Hooligan chuckled. "Damn funny, though."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Galaxy Shuttle

Treadshot lowered his weapon before turning and scowling in the direction of Take-Off and Hooligan.

"How is it that Scorponok dies and useless degenerates like you two are still alive?" he asked. "Just do as you're told and try your hardest not to embarrass the rest of us. Morons."

"I'll be civil when I'm not being welcomed home by a hostile army, thanks," Phaser told Cosmos.

"I told you," Birdbrain reminded Slog. "It's not like anyone would have missed him."

Wildfly scowled. "You guys are no fun at all..."

Kickback just shrugged, indifferent to the prospect of more fighting. "M'eh. I'm not the one who started this stupid civil war. I'm not looking to continue it. If you can offer something better than petty feuding, I'll happily call you 'friend'."

Of course, anyone familiar with Kickback's psychological profile or motto wouldn't find his statement particularly comforting.

Wearily, the Insecticon picked up the unconscious Howlback and carried her out of the Autobot shuttle.

"If we could get a doctor to attend to her," he said, "it would be good diplomacy. I think she's supposed to be in charge now that Soundwave's dead."

Heave stepped out of the surgical bay (since the back half of a truck couldn't exactly drive itself out) and sat down in the first Micromaster-sized chair he could find, a despondent expression on his face.

"OK, now I really wish it was Ratchet looking after them," he said nervously as soon as the door closed between him and the medical ward.

"You're not allowed to talk anymore," Octopunch told Stranglehold, annoyed with his dimmer counterpart. "Now keep an eye out. We're about to land."

(OOC: They can go to Protihex next post. :) )
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Galaxy Shuttle

Hooligan and Space Case looked at each other, glowing visor-faces looking at each other. No communication seemed to pass between them, but when they turned back to face Treadshot, the two of them shrugged at the exact same time. "Luck." Both Cyberjets said in unison.

Take-Off shook his head. "No idea for them, but Thunderwing didn't shoot me with those lightning bolts..."

"We're not hostile. They are. Not at you. At your passengers." Cosmos told Phaser. "Or something. Politics were never my thing. You're a transport, you know, you get used to it."

"Regret that decision, I do." Slog told Birdbrain. "Recruited Yokuryu, we should have, when formed this team we did. Unpronounceable his name was, but quiet he was."

"We end the Imperials, then we all go our separate ways. I do not really care for this Civil War. With Megatron dead, Starscream does not carry enough impetus to continue being a leader for any length of time... not with Polyhex and Darkmount destroyed and Soundwave dead. You can rejoin the true Decepticon cause... or not, I do not care." Bludgeon told Kickback. "But as a Decepticon, however, I do expect you to act with honour and make one last stand in Protihex."

Shrapnel glared at Kickback. Friend? Hah. "Whatever we are, are..." Shrapnel began. "We are all Decepticons, we all want to take the fight to the Imperials, Imperials. I am in, in."

"The rest of my team is in Protihex." Blackjack said. "I'm changing sides or whatever. Just get me groundside."

Bludgeon turned around, assuming that Kickback would follow the other Insecticon's opinion. "It is settled, then. You have been essentially reabsorbed back into the Decepticon forces. Sky Lynx... I would appreciate it if you take us to Protihex with haste. Our forces in Vulcan will hold this line and take out the stragglers."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Ice Pick replied on his com

"looks like were all fairly functional then."

Bristleback grumbled

"so what happens now I mean where do we go from here."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Galaxy Shuttle

"Functional and noisy, annoyingly so, in Wildfly's case." Slog replied to Icepick. "Unfortunately, again I say. Fix his wheezing cough, we should."

"We go to Protihex, Bristleback." Bludgeon told the other Pretender Monsters. "All of us Decepticons. And we'll help Gigatron, Optimus Prime and the rest of our allies to kill Thunderwing and anyone in his side." Bludgeon seemed to lose his focus, and trembled a little, before turning around to face Sky Lynx. "The battle below is worsening. I sense that even Starscream's foul, dishonourable spark has been eliminated by the Decepticon Matrix. Do not tarry, I do not think it is efficient to stop in Vulcan any longer. We can manage... we need to get to Protihex as soon as possible."

"All the more reason to change sides, then." Blackjack quipped. "Chips on the highest bidder and all that."

"Jury Rig, this is Bludgeon." The Pretender said. "Get everyone in Vulcan Space Station out on our ships. Include those from Megatron's faction as well. Get them to either clear out this area, or planetside to Protihex."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Galaxy Shuttle

Sky Lynx stood by patiently as Bludgeon made peace with the Megatron-allied Decepticons. This a was a matter between the two Decepticon factions, and was best resolved by Decepticons. An Autobot was in no position arbitrate.

Instead, the Dinoblast took a moment to acknowledge Phaser and Blast Master, who had arrived carrying Galaxy Shuttle's most recent guests. "My apologies, Phaser," he said. "Welcome back, at any rate. An exemplary job, my friends."

Once Bludgeon had said his piece, the Lieutenant Commander lowered his gaze onto the comparatively smaller Transformer. "You...do not wish to return the Vulcan Space Station first?" Sky Lynx inquired. "Very well. We shall make haste, my comrade." He paused to glance around the hanger bay. "And I do believe everyone is accounted for...

The Dinoblast looked up toward the hangar ceiling. "Galaxy Shuttle," he called out, "prepare to depart. We leave for Protihex -- where triumph awaits us!"

"AS YOU COMMAND."

Sky Lynx then turned and moved away from the small crowd, opening his comlink. "Air Commander Skydive *," he said, "this is Lieutenant Commander Sky Lynx. We are, as to be expected, victorious..."

"Not that there would have been any other outcome, of course," the Autobot added in his typical supercilious manner. "The Warworld has been eliminated - with all credit to our allies in Crystal City - and the enemy has been neutralized in this his sector. Have you any further instructions before we rendezvous with you in Protihex?"

(OCC: * - @ Warcry - If you think it's a good idea, have him respond here. It might read better than in the Protihex thread.)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Galaxy Shuttle

Cosmos shuffled awkwardly and opened his hands to take Howlback from Kickback. "I'll, um, I'll make sure she gets looked at by our medics. I mean, if, uh, it's okay with you."

Making nice with the Insecticons... he wasn't sure whether he missed the simple time in space, or if he was thrilled by all this excitement.

Bludgeon shook his head slowly as Galaxy Shuttle began to move. "Time is of the essence, Lieutenant Commander. Whatever slight strategic advantage we might have from rounding up the shuttles in Vulcan is counteracted if we arrive dishonourably late... Better for us to land first, whereas whatever crew we have on the Vulcan handle deployment of additional resources."

Bludgeon raised his own commlink. "Gigatron. Our forces, coupled with the Autobots and Soundwave's brood, have destroyed the Warworld. Vulcan is picking off whatever remains of the Imperial forces. We are en route to Protihex."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Vulcan

Jury Rig slid out from under a shuttle and slammed the access panel shut.

"Roger Bludgeon. I'll load them aboard our ships and send them on their way."

~*~

Gigatron replied .

"Transmitting location now. Will see you on the ground."

~*~

Icepick nodded

" we will teach the Imperials that they are obsolete and must make wya for a new united Autobot- Decepticon civilisation.

~*~

Bristleback grumbled

"always with the obsolecence, no way am I allying with no slaggin autobot. Next thing you'll be wanting me to combine with one of them."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Galaxy Shuttle

"Join us on the planet, if you would, Jury Rig. I do not think that there are any more Imperials in this space sector, and if there are any stragglers, Vulcan's automated defense systems can take them out." Bludgeon replied to the Junkion mercenary, before switching frequencies. "Acknowledged, Lord Gigatron. Good hunting."

Bludgeon pulled his hands down. "Decepticons, I want you, all of you-" Bludgeon turned his head to look at Megatron's brood, giving them a glare, before turning back to address everyone, "-to be battle ready. We will deploy as soon as the Autobot vessel re-enters atmosphere."

"Combine with you, I doubt they want, Bristleback. Abhorrent, I think, your affliction they find." Slog shrugged. "Inevitable, our alliance is. With Icepick I agree, destructive and pointless, war is. Been trying to make that point, for six million years, I. Merged mind with us, you have. Surely, not that distracting, Wildfly's idiocy is, so in mind-merge see our points of view you did not?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Galaxy Shuttle

"Of course not," Treadshot grumbled. "Why shoot the ones that no one would miss?"

"I don't care," Phaser snapped. Now that their cargo bay had been vacated, he and Blast Master transformed to robot mode, mass-shifted down to normal size as they did. "I'm sick of this crap. Wasn't the war supposed to be over five years ago? I signed on as an explorer, dammit, not a troop transport."

"I signed on for the free room and board!" Wildfly piped up.

"Did I ask you?" Phaser snapped. Sighing, he asked, "Why can't the nice Decepticons come over and talk instead?"

"There are nice Decepticons?" Blast Master asked.

Wildfly, blind to their insults, looked around in confusion. "Hey, runts! You see where that big shuttle went?"

Kickback shrugged. "As long as I'm not getting shot at by other Decepticons," he told Bludgeon, "we're good."

Ignoring Shrapnel's glare, he added, "We need to try and get in touch with the Decepticons in Polyhex too," he said. "No offence meant to Sky Lynx, but coordinating with his Autobot buddies won't do much good if Gigatron or whoever took over after that idiot Starscream died decides we've betrayed them when we show up side by side."

Setting Howlback down on a gurney, he told Cosmos, "Thanks. We appreciate it."

"Good work," Skydive responded quickly to Sky Lynx. "Remarkably, things here are starting to die down. Or at least, they are on the surface. I've got our forces gathering the wounded from all sides, and the rest are mopping up the last few Imperials. But Prime, Gigatron, Cyclonus, Springer and Starscream have all disappeared. My guess is that they've formed a Thunderwing-hunting party. They might need backup, so find them, provide support and make sure Thunderwing can't sneak any backup into the area."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Galaxy Shuttle

Space Case nodded. "Of course. Why would he... hey, hey, wait a minute there, you're insulting us, ain't ya?"

Hooligan chuckled and whacked Space Case over the head. "Easy way to look smarter -- hang out with idiots."

"Ye're insulting me too, ain't you?" Space Case retorted, grunting. "Whatever."

Blackjack looked up at Wildfly, an utterly perplexed expression on his face. "You signed up for the-"

"Serious, he never is. Real reason, that, doubt it I do not." Slog replied to Blackjack as the Pretender walked up next to the Micromasters. "Exist, nice Decepticons do. Myself, counted among one of them. A life, never took by purpose, did I. Sculptor, I am. Slog, I am. For saving us, thank you, I do. Apologize for my allies, I do. Overzealous, they are."

"He, uh, speaks like that all the time, I think." Blackjack told Phaser and Blast Master. "So, um, thanks too. No hard feelings, yeah?"

Slog turned to Wildfly and gave his teammate a look of flat disbelief. "These Micromasters, the shuttle transformed into. Mass shifting. Use that, when we combine. Aware, are you not?" He paused. "Surprised, I am not, if aware you are not."

"And I thought Shrapnel's voice tic was annoying." Blackjack chuckled.

"Polyhex is no more." Bludgeon replied to Kickback. "The Warworld fired upon it. There is no living Decepticon there, none that I can sense, anyway... everyone there must have fled, or their sparks are so weak I could not sense them."

Shrapnel gave Bludgeon a rather surprised look, but composed himself quickly. "Soundwave's dead, dead. Starscream as well, if you're accurate, accurate. The other ranking officers are probably... Buzzsaw, Blitzwing, Motormaster, and myself, myself. And that scary Stormtrooper fellow whose job I took, took." Shrapnel frowned. "I'll take charge since Buzzsaw and Soundwave's tin soldiers aren't here, here. If you would contact your men below, below..."

Cosmos tottered off, wheeling the gurney with Howlback on it towards the medical bays.

"Our troops have standing orders not to fire upon Imperials." Bludgeon told Sharpnel. "But, yes, I shall contact them momentarily. I do suggest if you Insecticons would want to take charge as ranking officers, we could formalize the merging of the Decepticon faction into one right now, and stop this unproductive Civil War foolishness."

Shrapnel shrugged, and glanced at Kickback. "Yeah, why not, not?" The Insecticon opened a commlink to Buzzsaw and Ravage. "Buzzsaw, Ravage, this is Shrapnel. We have intelligence from Bludgeon that says Starscream is dead, dead. What say you we rejoin the big happy Decepticon family, family?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Hangar, Galaxy Shuttle

"...No Imperial shall escape the sight of The Autobot Third Air Strike Division!" Sky Lynx avowed.

Over-Run nudged Rad's side. "Heh, yeah," he mutely added, "and no Imperial will be out of ear-shot of the boss either, am I right?"

"....We shall see each other soon, Air Commander."

The Dinoblast ended the transmission and glanced back up to the ceiling. "ETA until we reach our destination, Galaxy Shuttle?"

"APPROXIMATELY 1.7 BREEMS, LIEUTENANT COMMANDER."

"Excellent."

----

Medbay

Pharma hunched over Missile Master's neo-cortex, guiding a tiny beam along the bridge between two conductive circuits.

When he was finished, the lead medical officer switched off his in-built laser scalpel and retracted it back into his finger.

Pharma nodded approvingly to himself as he looked over his work. "That should do it. Close him up," he told his assistant, "and reboot."

Making a dusting-off motion with his hands, the doctor then moved down to the next circuit slab. "Now, who's next on our--"

He stopped at the foot of the neighboring bed and glared down at the unconscious patient occupying it. A micromaster, naturally - like the rest of the Star Arrow's crew - and a jet-former judging by its 'kibble'. But, unlike the rest of his shipmates, this patient was a Decepticon.

"Correct me," said Pharma, "but last I pulled the medical records from our crew manifest, there was no mention of a Decepticon on board the Star Arrow."

"That would be Flattop," the Paradron assistant chimed in. "One of Gigatron's people, as I understand -- An ally."

The doctor opened the Micromaster's chest compartment. "Heh. So they say."

"The Star Arrow took him on board in Iacon," she continued. "He was originally sent to alert us of the Imperial forces in Crystal City, since communications had been blocked."

Pharma sighed. "Well, I suppose we owe him something," he said, grinning sardonically. "Besides -- article 7 of the IMR's Code of Medical Ethics, you know..."

"Yes, I know, I'm well rehearsed in the code," the Paradron replied. "Ratchet wrote it."

The lead medical officer shot an indignant glance at his assistant . "Don't you start now."

________

Space - High Above Nova Cronum Outskirts

Galaxy Shuttle's enormous thrusters lit up and, slowly, the Autobot command ship pushed itself forward and sailed proudly over the planet below....

----

(OOC: THREAD CLOSED)