[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Dark Messiah (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Micromaster Shuttle

Slog half-waddled, half-shuffled to where Icepick was reeling in Snarler, and prodded the boar Pretender on the side, and said, "Functional, are you? Speak, can you? Rescued you, my comrade has. Among allies, you are."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Micromaster Shuttle

Snarler lay there

his radar and radio still worked otherwise he'd be completely helpless.

"Trapped , completely trapped I am can't move , please cut me out."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Micromaster Shuttle

"Activate your Pretender Shells's emergency release, can't you?" Slog asked Snarler. "No, of course. Done so, you would have, if you could."

Slog raised his arms, and with a smooth metallic sound, his wrist-mounted chisels clicked into place over his wrists. "Warn you -- hurt, this will. Hope, you should, that disconnected from neural systems, your Pretender shell is."

Slog shuffled around, and began to slice into Snarler's shell on the boar's underbelly, cutting from head to tail, through what is hopefully the normal place where the Pretender shell separates.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Micromaster shuttle

"I've suffered enough because of the thing, thanks." Birdbrain banished his shell back into subspace with a dismissive wave of his hand.

Wildfly woke up in time to see Slog sink his chisels into Snarler's ruined shell. Misinterpreting what he was seeing, he barked disappointedly, "Hey! Who said you got to put Snarler out of our misery without my help?"

The smaller Pretender tried to vault toward his teammate...but he was stills strapped in, and his seatbelt halted his forward movement with a heavy lurch.

"Gah! It's got me!"

Kickback stat staring out the window, a scowl on his face. Normally he would find Wildfly's buffoonery at least mildly amusing, but in the mood he was in he barely noticed it.

Phaser closed the hatch as soon as Snarler was aboard. "Are there any other lost Decepticons out there," he asked rhetorically, "or can we finally dock?"

Not waiting for an answer, the shuttle's main engines started to burn again and the vessel's course slowly curved back toward Galaxy Shuttle.

Space

Snapdragon chuckled. "You just go on believing that," he told Snare. "One day I might just show you how wrong you are. You know, if I feel like it."

Vigilare

Heave nodded absentmindedly. "I'll try not to upset him," he told Mach. "I mean, I'm not always the most...tactful person, but I try not to say stuff like that. Uh...I hope."

The Micromaster watched through the room's window as Galaxy Shuttle approached (although in actuality the opposite was occurring).

Decepticon Space Station

Octopunch nodded in acknowledgement as Detritus indicated the ship's readiness. After telling his shell to phase out, he climbed up the cockpit ladder and into the pilot's seat.

"Then lets get going!" he said to Stranglehold.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Micromaster shuttle

Slog made an amused snort at Birdbrain. "A better use a place to shove Wildfly into, you should try to find."

Slog turned around to see Wildfly, and chuckled at the younger Decepticon. "Putting Snarler out of our misery, I am not. Freeing him from his shell, I am." Slog paused. "If still alive, he is." Slog pointed at the seat belts and waved his index finger around. "A dangerous and worthy foe, truly, seat belts are." Slog said mockingly.

Shrapnel barely glanced at the Pretender Monsters' silly antics. He did not bother to reply to Phaser.

Blackjack did, however. "Yes, yes, Phaser. Take us to your leader... I don't think there's anyone else out there that came with us... that isn't already dead, anyway. Thanks for the help." Blackjack frowned as he looked around the room. The Insecticons aren't talking or bickering, and there were only two of them, so Blackjack assumed that Bombshell had been killed. Probably the result of the actions of one of them, from the looks of it.

Blackjack made a soft sigh. What about his team, then? What if, say, Road Hugger and Detour and Hyperdrive... if any or all of them had died while he was mucking around the Warworld?

The camaraderie between Icepick, Slog, Birdbrain and Wildfly... Blackjack missed something like that. And now it may be too late...

Road Hugger and Hyperdrive are at Protihex... Detour was last seen going to Protihex... And it's burning. Blackjack could see it from the windows inside the Micromaster shuttle. There was... there was nothing he could do. No plans. No backup.

Not against something like this.

Space

"Yeah, yeah." Snare said as he did a lazy spin. "So, where did you say we were going again?"

Decepticon Space Station

Stranglehold leaped into the copilot's seat, and grinned as he rubbed his hands together. So he doesn't understand what half- okay, what all- these shiny buttons do, but what the hell, he can learn on the fly. "Yes, Octopunch. Let's."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Galaxy Shuttle

The Vigilare passed through the airlock field at Galaxy Shuttle's keel and glided slowly into the hangar bay.

"ATTENTION: VIGILARE HAS ARRIVED IN HANGER 1."

The massive Autobot command ship's monotone voice reverberated throughout the entire lower deck when it announced the smaller vessel's arrival over the intercom.

"Excellent," answered Sky Lynx, while he looked on. "Nearly all bodies are accounted for."

---

The Vigilare deployed its landing legs and touched down onto the studded floor with it maneuvering jets.

Three green and white plated mechanoids - Paradrons - hurried over to the idle shuttle as its main hatch dropped and extended.

"That would be the welcoming committee," Mach told his partner. "You better get going."

Tackle rolled down the boarding ramp, Heave and the offline crew of the Star Arrow resting in the Multiforce truck's bed.

Following Tackle's cue, the Paradrons waiting at the bottom sprinted away from the Vigilare, waving him to follow.

"Right this way, soldier."

----

Tackle and the three medical officers took a lift up to Galaxy Shuttle's second level; the elevator's opened archway revealing a short corridor before them.

It was mostly silent on this floor, sans the typical muted noises from the ship's electronics, with little traffic or commotion. It was a stark constant to the bustle and roaring jet engines of the hangars.

They raced partway down the passageway to the medbay, the facility's double-doors automatically sliding open upon their approach.

Since the Autobot forces had managed to maintain low casualties - in no small part to their late, but timely arrival in Crystal City - the medical center was almost entirely empty.

The medbay itself was sterile, with several unattended and vacant aisles of circuit slabs, each supplied with state-of-the-art equipment and medicines. Clearly Sky Lynx had pulled a few strings at the IMR, as it was unusual for a non-medical class vessel to be so well-prepared and stocked.

Tackle waited near one of the aisles while the Paradrons proceeded to unload the Micromasters - Barrage, Missile Master, Moonrock and Flattop - onto the empty slabs.

"Alright, let's get them on spark support."

The second medic plugged Barrage into a infusion pump, calling out, "Neurex saturate for this one!"

"It'll be okay, Heave," said Tackle. "The doctor should be along any moment."

(OOC: @ Warcry - Remind me; what happened to the Star Arrow's crew? I thought they just got knocked out.)

--
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Micromaster shuttle

"Real funny, Slog."

Wildfly howled, then transformed into beast mode and snapped at the belt with his beak. He grabbed it, bit down...and then yelped and slumped back in his seat as an electrical charge coursed through him.

"That's a part of me you're chewing on," Phaser snapped. "Try it again and I'll shock you back to sleep."

"Uh..." the stunned Wildfly groaned. "Whos'at?"

Birdbrain shook his head in disgust. "I don't know how he manages to put his shell on in the morning..."

Turning away from Wildfly, he gave Slog a quick shake of the head. "No, it's pretty much not leaving subspace again unless I can find a really big pair of contact lenses."

The shuttle approached Galaxy Shuttle, then slowed down to docking speed.

"Galaxy Shuttle Control this is Phaser. Blast Master and I are incoming with fourteen passengers, all Decepticon. Requesting permission to dock."

Space

"Kaon," Snapdragon said with a laugh. "We're almost there, actually. I've just been taking the atmospheric entry a bit gently since...well, since we all know how frail you Imperials are."

As he spoke, the two of them dipped below the cloud cover -- dust, debris and dirt thrown up from the Imperials' orbital bombardment of Polyhex, Snapdragon knew -- and Kaon itself came into view. A great, gaping wound along the city-state's northern edge was clearly visible where the Acid Wastes had encroached, and off to the northwest was the ragged stalk that was all that remained of the ancient fortress of Kolkular. Beyond that was the spaceport district and finally Neutral Corner, one of the last places on Cybertron where mechs like them could easily disappear.

"It may not look like much, but it's home. Occasionally, anyway."

(OOC: Unless you're still planning to do stuff with Snare, I think this is actually a good time for their scene to fade to black.)

Vigilare

(OOC: Unconsciousness caused by unspecified injuries. Don't think I actually went in depth on what had happened to them, so feel free to go with whatever you can technobabble the best. :) )

Heave watched as the female medical staff tended to his teammates and Flattop, reflecting on how tiny and vulnerable the other Micromasters looked even compared to the delicately-built medics.

Mechs like us have no place in a war, he mused, not for the first time but hopefully for the last.

"Yeah," he responded to Tackle. "The doctor. Right. I'd still be more comfortable if it was someone I know, like Fixit or Ratchet. I'm sure this guy is fine, but...well, you know."

Decepticon Space Station

Octopunch flew the aquashuttle out of the hangar, then scowled down at the disappointingly-clear sensor array.

"Nothing left for us to shoot at," he told Stranglehold. "You want to head down to Protihex, maybe try and cave Thunderwing's head in a couple more times?"
zigzagger

You want technobabble, eh?

Post by zigzagger »

Galaxy Shuttle

"Decibel here -- Welcome back, Phaser. You're cleared to land," the communications officer commed back. "Bludgeon and Sky Lynx are waiting in Hanger 1."

----

Medbay

Right on cue, Pharma, standing tall and solemn, strode into the medical center just as Heave made his off-hand remark.

The lead medical officer frowned. "Mm, yes, everyone loves Ratchet," he said. "Blunt, but personable, a brilliant surgeon, honor guard of the Prime, a founder of the IMR, and currently off on disaster relief in Protihex -- I even heard," Pharma cynically added, "that he, on a few occasions, bested Megatron."

The red, white and blue plated jet-former chuckled to himself.

"Yep, he's pretty amazing," Tackle replied, feigning obliviousness to the medic's irritation.

"Right," Pharma said dryly. "I suspect deity-hood is next. Now..." He shifted his optics to the crew of the Star Arrow, already laid out on circuit slabs. "The patients."

---

Pharma moved down the aisle, nodding to himself as he examined the in-stasis Micromasters.

He worked his way over to the side of Missile Master's bed, crossing his arms as he looked over the smaller Autobot's injuries.

Gently, the medical officer ran his fingers along the side of the Micromaster's 'helm', carefully tilting the patient's head to the side.

"Hmm..."

When he silently deduced the source of Missile Master's current state, Pharma pulled his hand away. The diagnostic read-out displayed on the nearby spark support machine's monitor confirmed his suspicion.

"The scars tell the tale," he stated. "Pathophysiological trauma. And I'm detecting a intraneural-processor lesion -- right here," he pointed to a spot on the Micromaster's head. "on the temporal region. Doesn't appear to be deep - a graze, really - but the upper-transverse circuitry has been severed."

Pharma shot a glance over at Heave. "Serious, but nothing to worry about," he told the other Transformer. "Certainly nothing permanent -- and, yes, well within my expertise."

With a flick of his hand, Pharma splayed his fingers, and from the tips deployed several tiny instruments and claws - perfect for operating on a patient of Missile Master's size.

With uncanny speed and precision, the lead surgeon worked his tools along Missile Master's helm, loosening the casing from his head....
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Micromaster Shuttle

Snarler groaned as the shell was slowly chipped away.

The humility, oh the humility."

~*~

Ice Pick mused "yeah why haven't you just had corrective surgery on that thing before I mean surely your radar and other sensors still work ok.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Micromaster shuttle

"Our Autobot hosts, that is." Slog replied to Wildfly without turning, still cutting through Snarler's shell, now going around the Pretender's top section. "Biting them, you should refrain from. Out of the airlock, eject us, I would hate to see."

Slog glanced to Birdbrain. "Point, Icepick has. Why not corrective surgery have you attempted?"

"Being a baby, you should stop." Slog chided Snarler as he dug his hands into the gap he had cut with his diamond-tipped chisels, and with a heave he (comically) lifted the shell half like a lid. "Keep shell, could I?"

Galaxy Shuttle

Bludgeon waved at Barrage and Treadshot as the Autobot Micromaster shuttle entered. "Come." Bludgeon's arm reached for his katana, and unsheathed it noiselessly.

Barrage instantly turned around, alert, pulled out his sidearmand walked in pace with Bludgeon. Cosmos trotted after them in alarm. "Um, um, Bludgeon? We're friends here. Right? Allies? Um, you're not going to kill us all, right?"

"I would not hurt your people. There would be no honour in that." Bludgeon replied to Cosmos, holding his blade pointed at the ground, which is a non-hostile gesture, but would allow him to decapitate any hostile behaviour from any of Megatron's brood. "But that shuttle contains Megatron's Decepticons. I would not mind if they are our allies now, but it would be folly not to be prepared. Barrage, do not fire unless I say so."

Kaon

Snare snorted. "Frail? I'm not frail at all, Snapdragon. Unless you fail to notice, both of us survived a mini-moon exploding."

Snare chuckled as he swooped down towards Kaon's surface. "It's a dump. But I think I'm going to like it here."

The Predator laughed out loud. No more Skyquake, no more Skydive and Stalker and Falcon and Talon... no more Thunderwing, Jhiaxus or the Liege Maximo... he was no longer bound to them. He was no longer bound to the Cybertronian Empire, or the Decepticon cause, or what have you. He was free to do what he wanted. He wasn't sure what, exactly, but that would certainly beat being a mere gunner in the Warworld.

Octopunch and Stranglehold's Ship

Stranglehold shrugged. "I wanna head to where the action's at, I know that, at least."

Bludgeon's gravelly voice would sound through their commlinks. "Octopunch, Stranglehold. You two have survived. Head down to the Protihex ahead of us and assist Gigatron. Distasteful as it is, I have to deal with Autobot bureaucracy and formalities."

"What this word mean bureaucracy?"

"Stranglehold, look at the gun console."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Micromaster shuttle

Wildfly got a horrified expression on his face. "We're inside an Autobot?" he demanded of Slog. "Like, one of them ate us?"

Birdbrain laughed bitterly. "You have no idea," he told Icepick, "how hard it is to find a Decepticon skilled in optometry. Whoever decided to equip our shells with organic eyes instead of disguised optic sensors has a lot to answer for if I ever track them down, believe me."

Galaxy Shuttle

"Bludgeon and Sky Lynx?" Phaser asked. "That sounds like a fun show, the two of them." The shuttle banked toward Hangar One, passing through the energy fields into the cavernous space and slowing until it settled down on an open stretch of deck. "Thanks, Decibel. We've docked."

Addressing their passengers by intercom, Phaser announced. "We're here, so please get out of us. Wildfly, make sure you take off your seat belt first."

Treadshot followed Bludgeon toward the incoming shuttle, drawing his particle blaster pistol while ensuring that his pulse demagnetizer rifle was within easy reach if he needed a heavier weapon.

Heave got a horrified look on his face as Pharma walked in.

Dammit, dammit. Don't piss off the doctor who's supposed to fix your friends. Bad idea, Heave.

"Uh...sorry about that," he said, chagrined. "I didn't mean to, you know, upset you or anything. It's just that...well, I know Ratchet and you're just some guy with white paint. I'm sure you're just fine as a doctor. Better than fine. Good. Even exemplary?" He winced. "Uh...I'll shut up now."

Octopunch got a satisfied expression on his face as Bludgeon contacted them.

"Already on it, boss," he told his fellow Pretender. He steered the shuttle down toward the surface and was more than satisfied to see just how agile and responsive it was.

"Yeah, I'm keeping this," he told Stranglehold. "It'll make a nice vacation home once all of this is over with."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Micromaster Shuttle

Snarler snarled,

"just get me out of here I think I'm entitled to a certain amount of annoyance given my circumstances."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Micromaster shuttle

"Rescued us, two Autobots did." Slog replied to Wildfly. "Transporting us, they are, to a base of operations, I reckon. Allies, they are, Wildfly. Remind you, again, I do. Attack them, you should not. Megatron's Decepticons either. Trouble, they will not be." Slog turned to face Blackjack and the Insecticons. "Will they?"

Shrapnel snorted incoherently, folding his arms, expression stern as he glared out of the window, spotting Bludgeon, and snorting again.

Blackjack however, raised his hands in a gesture of surrender. "We're Starscream's Decepticons now, if you want to get technical. But, yeah, we're not going to be trouble."

"Trouble you are, sic Wildfly on you I will." Slog turned back to Snarler and lifted the shell half. "Out, you get. Apologize, I will not." After a short pause. "If apologize, I do, have shell, may I?"

Hangar

Bludgeon didn't so much as move his head, but he was aware of Barrage and Treadshot moving into position next to him. He was also aware of the other Decepticons in the hangar bay noticeably tensing up, stopping or pausing in what they did, watching three of their surviving ranking officers walk up towards the incoming Autobot shuttle. Without Scorponok or Gigatron, Bludgeon is, indeed, the ranking officer... and the survivors were still tense enough to jump into battle should things get ugly.

Good warriors, Bludgeon mused.

Cosmos shuffled nearby nervously, his fingers transformed into cannon modes. Sky Lynx was not going to like this...

"Need help, sir?" Take-Off chirped from where he was sitting with Hooligan and a former Micromaster, pulling out his sonic boomer laser. The young Decepticon was damaged, but he was rearing to throw himself into battle. Hooligan nodded wordlessly, standing up after Take-Off.

Bludgeon's head slowly moved to regard Take-Off, and shook his head. "Stand down, the two of you. Your enthusiasm is appreciated but hardly needed now. If all goes well, this will end with mere words."

Bludgeon would reply to Octopunch and Stranglehold with a satisfied chuckle. "The fact that you had is why the two of you are still the most ideal members of the Mayhem Attack Squad."

There was a click that indicated that Bludgeon had signed off, and Stranglehold nodded slowly to Octopunch's claim. "Yeah. I think I like this ship."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Snarler growled

"do whatever you want with the slaggin' thing. And i'm not scared of Wildfly the little poser."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Micromaster Shuttle

"Peck you to death, he might." Slog told Snarler as he greedily began to slice off the boar head. "Extremely sharp, his Cutthroat cosplay mask is. Personal experience, I speak from."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Snarler revved his razor-tipped drill a few times.

"I'd like to see him try."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Galaxy Shuttle

"ATTENTION: PHASER AND BLAST MASTER HAVE ARRIVED IN HANGER 1," Galaxy Shuttle announced over the intercom. "PASSENGERS IDENTIFIED AS POLYHEXIAN DECEPTI--"

"Yes, I am aware of that, Galaxy Shuttle," Sky Lynx interjected, "thank you."

The Lieutenant Commander looked on as Bludgeon and his followers cautiously moved in.

They had every right to be leery -- and for that matter, so did the Autobots; by association, the Deceptions on board Phaser and Blast Master had instigated several hostilities between both Iaconian and Gigatronian factions in the past.

The silence and tension were thick and heavy.

"One being of my grand and noble stature, I should set a good example," he told Cosmos, "and employ diplomacy and tact. Still..."

"I suppose there is no harm in taking a precautionary measure or two. This need not escalate into another conflict."

Sky Lynx shot a glance over to Over-Run, Rad and the others - waiting nearby their shuttles - and gave them a quick nod. The simple gesture was clearly understood.

Slowly, by the dozens, Autobot soldiers began poor into the hangar and gather behind the Dinoblast -- all optics fixed on the Micromaster shuttle.

----

Medbay

With Missile Master's cranial casing removed and placed aside on a tray at Pharma's station, the lead medical officer worked over his patient's exposed neural processor.

Serious an injury as a intraneural-processor lesion was, in the Micromaster's case, it would be an easy mend. A quick and simple procedure; reconnect the severed transverse circuity on the upper-most layer of Missile Master's neo-cortex. Brain activity and motor functions would be restored.

The smaller Autobot was fortunate that the wound wasn't any deeper.

From his finger tip, Phrama guided a tiny beam from his in-built laser scalpel along the circuitry that had been bisected by the abrasion that Missile's Master's head had sustained.

But, as focused as he was, the jet-former couldn't resist the urge to counter Heave's continued off-hand remarks.

Pharma groaned. "Just a guy with white paint, eh?"

"To be fair, from the neck up you look just like Ratchet," Tackle quipped.

"Honestly, must you?" Pharma snapped. "I'm trying to concentrate. You do realize I have a scalpel pointed directly at a patient's brain module, yes?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Galaxy Shuttle

Bludgeon's skeletal visage seemed to crack into an appreciative grin as Sky Lynx ordered the Autobots to gather around. The rest of Bludgeon's own Decepticons likewise visibly stood up, and several -- Take-Off and Hooligan included -- had moved closer to Bludgeon, Barrage and Treadshot.

Good, good. These Autobots are not as naive as they were before.

"Autobot -- do open your hangar bay." Bludgeon said to Phaser and Blast-Master. "Icepick, Whisper, how are your teams?" Bludgeon called out to his own troops.

"Three drills?" Slog chuckled, bemused at Snarler's inner beast mode. "Amuse me, it does. Unorthodox beast mode, you have. Then again, not one to speak, I am."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Galaxy Shuttle

Whisper looked around and sighed.

"It's down to just me operationally."

~*~

Ice Pick looked around

"Team report status."

~*~

Snarler growled

"yeah you are a bit of a mishapen dwarf."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Galaxy Shuttle

Blackjack patted Whisper on the shoulder, not really intimidated by Bludgeon... he wasn't going to betray them, but he thought the Insecticons would talk to the Pretender. They were his ranking officers... and better them to die than him.

"Tailwind's still alive. So is Nightflight." Blackjack said. "They'll survive. Autobot medics are good."

(OOC: At least, I think they are. Did Nightflight make it through?)

Slog turned to Icepick. "Functional, I am. Shell, gone, however. A big loss, it's not really. Seem fine, the rest of our team."

Slog turned back to Snarler and did a little shrug as he held the decapitated boar head in his arms. "Dwarf, I am not. Beast mode, unconventional. Adapted to sculpting, it is. Most adorable beast mode, Scowl has, though. Pisses him off, it does."