[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Dark Messiah (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Dark Messiah (Crystal City)

Post by Warcry »

In the aftermath of the Decepticon Civil War, Gigatron and his followers have set up shop in the former Crystal City. Turning his attention to the larger picture, Gigatron had devised numerous countermeasures, including rebuilding Trypticon, against the Imperials instead of engaging in hostilities against Megtron's brood.

Seeing himself as the sole hope against the Imperial threat, Gigatron's forces managed to strike a deal with Astrotrain from Megatron's forces, as well as a group of Autobot ambassadors led by the rogue Springer. In the meantime Cyclonus led an expedition to Stanix to recover the Decepticon Matrix from Galvatron's corpse.

Gigatron's fears came to fruition when the Imperials did arrive on Stanix and stole the Matrix from Cyclonus' hands. The Imperials then went on to invade Protihex. Gigatron dispatches Spinister, Sixshot and many of his best warriors to Protihex, while he and Cyclonus try to figure out a way to combat the Matrix-powered Thunderwing. Scorponok and Sandstorm, meanwhile, recruit the mysterious scientist Stratus (in reality Straxus in disguise) to create a clone army to combat that of the Imperials.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

"No," Spinister told Submarauder, ignoring Sixshot's braggadocio. "We don't have the forces to stand against them. But we're going anyway."

He returned Ruckus's salute as the smaller Decepticon joined them. As much as he loathed to admit it, he had a soft spot for the Triggercon and he was glad to see he was back on his feet. "Good to see you," he said.

Taking the piece of armour that Submarauder offered, he examined it for a second before narrowing his optics and saying, "I recognize this insignia. Thunderwing used it on his house guards back when he was just another petty Decepticon warlord. If the Imperials you killed were wearing it, then it's a good bet that he's here with them."

He handed the armour back to the Pretender, then took in all the Decepticons he'd gathered. He started to speak, then stopped short when Needlenose rushed into the room.

"I didn't summon you," he told the other Targetmaster.

"I'm here anyway," Needlenose replied. "You gonna turn me away?"

Spinister's faceplate worked for a few seconds, but no sound came out.

"If you're tryin' to ask me just what happened to the little coward you used to work with, Spinny, the answer is that you happened. You showed me how to be a proper Decepticon, and letting your friends walk into certain death alone ain't a part of that." Needlenose crossed his arms, virtually daring Spinister to disagree.

"Fine," was all that the Air Commander said, although truth be told he found Needlenose's sentiments very touching. "But you need to understand something," he said. "All of you. We're walking into unknown territory, facing an enemy with unknown motives and an unknown number of troops. The one thing we can count on, absolutely the only thing, is each other. Decepticon or Nebulan, Targetmaster or Triggercon or Pretender, arrogant Sixchanger," he glanced at Sixshot, "uninvited guest," he said in Needlenose's direction before turning to Repugnus, "or mouthy Autobot spy, we're all on the same side right now. If you want to come out of this alive, trust your teammates and watch their backs."

"Gee boss," Needlenose said, "you sure talk pretty these days. Maybe I'm not the only one who's changed?"

"Shut up and get on the shuttle," Spinister said impatiently. "All of you!"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Lab , Fearless

Stratus rubbed his hands together.

"He looked over at Cyclonus draped in wires with access panels open

"Now we shall begin."

Hangar Bay Fearless

An access door slid open

Weirdwolf loped in followed by Pounce

"I help thought we might be."

Pounce grinned showing teeth .

"What he said , so are slightly deranged headmasters and their oh so suave and charming but completely ruthless clone friends included in that number."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

"You are in no position to order me around." Sixshot snapped at Crankcase, but pulled his cannon out of the Monsterbot's mouth anyway, causing the Autobot to gag and choke a little.

"My dentist'll be making a fortune out of this...." Repugnus muttered as he got up to his feet. His optics began to glow as he tried to glare at Sixshot, but Sixshot's attention was elsewhere.

"THUNDERWING?" Sixshot all but roared when Spinister mentioned that name. "Oh, I knew I should've killed him in Metrotitan's brig when I had the chance! Now it's payback time. No Matrix to protect him now, no mind control powers to corrupt me and get me killed... it's just going to be death for him. And I intend to deliver the killing blow."

Without a word, Sixshot ignored Spinister's 'arrogant sixchanger' remark, and strode into the shuttle.

-Autobot spy? That's right. I'm an Autobot...- Repugnus thought. He gave Spinister a wicked grin as he shut off his strobe beams, before turning to Crankcase. "Let's dismember Imperials, shall we?"

Science Laboratories, Fearless

"Yes, we shall. Hurry up and do it, eh?" Scorponok growled at Stratus.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

"By all means," Spinister told Weirdwolf and Pounce. "I have a feeling that we'll need anyone and everyone we can find by the time this is over."

Once the entire team was aboard, Spinister sat in the small captain's chair in the transport's small bridge and said, "Sixshot, take the helm and get us in the air. Ruckus, Submarauder and Hyperdrive, man the gun emplacements and shoot at anything wearing green. Weirdwolf, watch the sensors for anything that looks like an Imperial encampment. The rest of you, get ready for deployment. We're going to war."

Science Lab, Fearless

Cyclonus tried to pretend that he wasn't nervous as Stratus got to work.

"Do it," he said firmly.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Lab Fearless

Stratus pulled down an unecessarily large knife switch painted in black and yellow hazard stripes. It was a tradition or an old charter or something.

The lights flickered

"Thus it starts."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

"Finally." Sixshot growled at Spinister's orders, stalking towards the pilot's seat and settling into it. "All aboard. Liftoff in T minus six nano-kliks, with or without you."

Hyperdrive waltzed over to one of the Ion Displacers near the hangar bay. He could've settled into one of the remote-controlled gunnery pods that he could man safely from the bridge, but instead he chose something that he had to be physically present.

Much more fun, that way.

"And what does the ugly Autobot spy do, Air Boss?" Repugnus asked Spinister as he padded in.
Subs
Protoform

Post by Subs »

Hangarbay, Fearless

Submarauder remained quiet as he walked on to the transport and moved to a gunnery position. Some of the other Decepticons were talking bravado and were trying to get themselves pumped but there was still a almost tangible sense of fear and apprehension amoungst the troops that Submarauder both felt and shared.

The Pretender Took the gun position in the ship's nose. He charged up the power cells for the twin proton cannons and readied the targeting systems.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

"The Autobot spy," Spinister said dryly, "is expected to do what everyone else on the ship is going to do: fight for the future of Cybertron. If we fail your people will suffer just as much as mine, Repugnus."

As he talked, the Targetmaster watched Submarauder, Hyperdrive and the rest of his troops prepare for battle with a satisfied expression on his face.

They're ready, he told himself. And so am I.

Science Lab, Fearless

Cyclonus watched Stratus get to work, wondering just where he got the funny-looking knife from.

I knew I should have searched his belongings personally...
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Lab Fearless

Stratus watched as robotic arms began to move in a frenzy of action and presses began to stamp out parts.

"I have programmed in the simplified versions do you desire troops with just a vehicle mode also it will free up capacity and give us more in a shorter time."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

"I don't have 'my people'. The Autobots abandoned me, the Decepticons hate me. Repugnus is out only for himself." Repugnus said, surprised at how easily and how truthful those words were.

Still, what kind of people strap their own kind with a Scraplet bomb? And not warning him prior to imprisonment?

"But yes, I'll fight. Imps are as good as dead, Spinister."

"About time." Scorponok told Stratus. "Because I think, from the chatter over the commlink channels, the Imperials have attacked Protihex." that last bit is for Cyclonus' benefit as well.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Laboratories , Fearless

Stratus continued to manipulate controls.

"my army will soon defeat them."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Your army? Hardly." Scorponok growled at Stratus. "Gigatron's army. The Decepticon army."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: I could have sworn I posted this two or three days ago...not sure what happened.)

Hangar Bay, Fearless

"Whatever you say," Spinister told Repugnus indifferently. "Fight the Imperials and that's enough for me. I don't care about your motives."

Turning toward the helm, he said, "Take us up, Sixshot."

Science Lab, Fearless

Cyclonus heard what Scorponok said, but the the bulk of his attention was on Stratus's machinations.

(OOC: opskids, how should he be reacting to all of this? I got the impression he was going to suffer unspeakable agonies as his spark was rent asunder, or something...)
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

(ooc yes its as if little slices of his sould wer ebeing chopped away.)

Stratus chuckled

"yes indeed Gigatrons army."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

"Affirmative." Sixshot told Spinister as the shuttle's engine hummed into life and the shuttle shot away from the Fearless and towards Protihex.

Repugnus made a razzing noise, but otherwise did not reply to Spinister's remarks.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar Bay, Fearless

Spinister watched the spires of Crystal City disappear before his eyes, happy to ignore Repugnus in kind if the Monsterbot wasn't going to be a bother.

"All hands," he said firmly, "prepare for battle."

(OOC: Off to Protihex!)

Science Lab, Fearless

Cyclonus let out a low moan, then started to spasm on the operating table.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Science Labs, Fearless

"Cyclonus!" Scorponok growled as the Unicron-spawned Decepticon begin to spasm. Turning to Straxus, he growled, "What is wrong, scientist? He shouldn't be doing that... should he?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Science Lab Fearless

Stratus grimaced

"I'm not too sure this isn't something I've done very often. Look the first of the units are rolling off the production line."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Science Labs, Fearless

"Work faster." Scorponok told Stratus as he glanced at Cyclonus. "Apparently Spinister has taken our best warriors and gone off to Protihex. Thunderwing's arrived."

The Decepticon opened a commlink to Gigatron, "Gigatron! Have you heard? Thunderwing is here. We must strike, now, before he brings another Warworld to Cybertron's orbit!"