[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Dark Messiah (Crystal City)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Veracitas

The lift door on the bridge slid open and Gobots stepped out, Treadshot standing behind him.

"Hey, Cap'n, here's the volunteer I told you about," he said.

Rad sat in the captain's chair facing the main monitor, but did not look over his shoulder at the visitors. "Mm-hm, yeah, great, happy to receive you," the Autobot answered listlessly, clearly absorbed by the images on the large screen. "There's still a few drones out there that we somehow managed to miss. They're trying to block our escape. Hurry and get yourself situated over there." Rad pointed to an unoccupied station.

---

Space

Sky Lynx had taken point, leading the Integritas and the Veracitas away from the Warworld.

The Lieutenant Commander's com channel was open to the rest of the Autobot fleet, and naturally he overheard Cosmos's and Phaser's conversation.

"Hm, you should not have hesitated to request for help earlier, my friends. We are comrades, after all," he replied. "Vigilare?" Sky Lynx then said on the open channel.

"Right here," Rumbler commed back.

"Please assist Cosmos and The Star Arrow. Be prepared take on any passengers."

"I'm on my way."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Drone Hangar

Caterpillarger snarled

"thought so."

~*~

Squash Bison hit a final control and the teleport unit above Thunderwing initiated in a blaze of blue light.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Space

"Um, yeah. True that." Cosmos replied to Phaser and Sky Lynx. "I guess, well, the Vigilare, well, it would be far more spacious and well-equipped for evacuees, right? And- eh."

A missile shot past Cosmos' side, and he stopped talking, and devoted his full attention into zigzagging rapidly as is his way of flight towards the Star Arrow, completely putting the fear of Primus to the Decepticons who had the misfortune of riding inside him.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Crew's Cabin Section A, Warworld

Howlback shrugged her front shoulders at Blackjack. "Isn't it obvious?" she asked rhetorically. "If we rely on them to breach the wall, we die. If we run, we die. If we wait for rescue, we die. The only thing we can do is try to survive the explosion."

Kickback laughed. "Yeah, Bombshell. He put a bomb in your brain for me, so he can't be that concerned about your health."

He answered Shrapnel indifferently. "I don't miss it. Those idiot clones were always more trouble than they were worth."

Hangar Bay, Warworld

Snapdragon groaned when Snare started muttering. "Oh, please don't tell me you're one of those 'talks to himself, makes no sense to anyone else' sort of guys. We've got enough of them for six planets."

Birdbrain growled. "Our entire army?" he asked Slog. "Really? You don't seem like a maniac to me. I'm not. Needlenose isn't. Most of the Seekers aren't. Cyclonus and Scorponok were perfectly sane. I can keep listing people if you'd like. And you know what? I'm sick of everyone assuming I'm going to act like Starscream or Soundwave because some slagger dragged me off the street and welded a badge to me, and I'm really sick of people like you who just take that treatment for granted. Maybe if your art wasn't a sadistic horror show, you'd be doing something to help instead of making things worse by working both sides up into a righteous fury."

Phaser sluggishly moved after Cosmos, saying, "I'm not really in 'clear a path' form with this much cargo," he told the other Autobot. Thankfully, Sky Lynx sent proper backup right afterward so he didn't have to worry about it.

"Thanks, sir," he told the senior Autobot.

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Thunderwing let out a scream of fury as the teleporter's annular confinement beam grabbed him and held him in place. Stranglehold passed straight through his body as it faded out, disappearing to Primus-knows-where.

Buzzsaw laughed his beaky ass off as the shell disappeared. "Well, that's one way to do it," he told Squash Bison. "Where did you send him, anyway?"

Octopunch just flashed his pointy teeth in a big grin. "Good work," he said. "Can that thing beam us to one of our ships, too?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Drone Hangar

Squash Bison smiled briefly, not a pretty sight.

"I scrambled the beam so hopefully parts of him should be showing up all over the place."

He studied the equipment.

"normally you would only pick up Imperials but if I redefine the parameters , hmm yes I think we can do it. Are there any of your other comrades aboard ? If so I'll mass initialise all the transporters in this ones power grid and they can take there chances.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Survive an exploding planet-moon-station thing? How, exactly, are we going to do that? You know, not all of us are equipped with force field generators like you." Blackjack waved a hand at Howlback's form. "But I'm open to suggestions, definitely."

The Micromaster glanced at the Insecticons gnawing through the bulkheads, and sighed.

Salvo and the other clones made a sad whining sound when Kickback called them an annoyance, but neither Shrapnel nor Bombshell did anything.

Bombshell made a razzing noise. "Nobody loves me. Which is why I control people, you know? Make them like me."

"Oh, please, please." Shrapnel snorted between chews. "In no way is there a rational sob-story reason for you to control minds, minds. You're just sick like that, that."

"Yeah, true." Bombshell shrugged. "If it wasn't for the bomb you'd all be my happy puppets, you know?"

Hangar Bay, Warworld

"I'm one of those 'mentally tied to six other guys' minds' sort of guys." Snare told Snapdragon. "Kind of sort of like you and your Headmaster buddy, but the guys tied to my head includes my psychotic fanatic of a boss, a sadist, a mad egomaniacal scientist, a Starscream wannabe and someone with less IQ than a brick. And, well, they're all dead now which is a reason for celebration."

Slog sighed.

"Exaggerate, for the sake of comparison, you know I was. Maniacs are not, many of us are. Simpletons, however, a majority of our faction. To insult you, my intention was not. Working sides up to a fury, neither is. See what they want to, what people do. See murderers, many Autobots want to, for conscience's sake. Less inclined to mercy, many Decepticons are. Goes on for eternity, war will be."

"Voluntarily recruited, I was not as well. Sympathize with you, I do." Slog slumped into a corner. "As long as we want to, debate this philosophy, we could."

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Stranglehold slowed down to a stop, snorted when he failed to make impact with Thunderwing, and waddled over to Octopunch, the last member of the Mayhems that came it with him.

The Mayhem scratched his head, turning to Octopunch, and snorted again. He wasn't able to comprehend whatever just happened, and simply waited for Octopunch and the others he recognize... Buzzsaw and the others... to decide something.

Hopefully they decide to escape from the Warworld, because Stranglehold had not the faintest idea how to.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Howlback shrugged. "If I extend the field," she told Blackjack, "I should be able to cover all of us. The generators will burn out quickly, but if the Insecticons weaken the wall enough the force of the explosion will push the entire shield envelope through the hull and out into space. Before we die, hopefully."

She frowned.

"We may need an extra push to damage the wall enough, though," she said coldly.

Kickback groaned. "No, we wouldn't," he told Bombshell. "I know you like to forget this, but I turned my head into a Faraday cage purely to prevent you from doing that. Oh, and I gave the schematics to Soundwave and Shrapnel, too. Did I forget to mention that part?"

He took a break from chewing to smile cruelly. "So the odds are pretty good that, no, you can't mind-control anyone who actually matters."

Hangar Bay, Warworld

"Headmaster?" Snapdragon asked. "Not for a long time, Snare, and glad for it. Having someone else crawling around in my head isn't a good feeling. So congrats on being free of the pricks."

He swept the area with his scanners, then asked, "Is it just me, or are we running out of stuff to kill?"

"With an attitude like that," Birdbrain asked Slog, "what do you expect? You don't like how things are? Stop piling up corpses and pretending it's art, go out and change things!"

He slammed his hand into the bulkhead for emphasis, then winced and said, "Oops. Sorry, guys."

"Don't worry about it," Blast Master told him.

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Buzzsaw shook his head. "If there are, I don't know where they'd be," he told Squash Bison. "But you can try."

Ravage ambled up and added, "But don't take too much time. We don't want to kill ourselves, after all."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Squash Bison's fingers flew over the console .

"right have extended the field so it will pick up Decepticons, if any of your comrades are lucky enough to be in range they will be transported too. As for a destination it's confused out there and as I needed a stable point so I had to lock on to your space station."

He pushed a button.

"Initialising in 5, 4 ,3 , 2 ,1"

The transporter head glowed blue again.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Ravage frowned.

"Well, I guess that means--"

Space Station

"--we're out of the fight," he finished sourly.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Buzzsaw chuckled. "I've had enough combat for one day, thanks." He looked over at Squash Bison and said, "Good work. And thank you."

Ravage grunted, then looked around and saw the Mayhems, along with a random assortment of other Decepticons and some unfamiliar mechs that he assumed were Imperials. The transport beam had even captured their fallen comrades, thankfully, meaning that they could probably be repaired given time. But Blackjack and Howlback's teams, at least, didn't seem to be among them.

I hope she got out alright. The Isis Club wouldn't be the same without her, especially now that Glit's run off.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Space Station

There was a whirring and a floating droid appeared (think the robots from Black Hole)

"Unauthorised intruders identify yourself."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Space Station

Octopunch turned on the drone, swiping at it with one of his tentacles and hoping to use the suction cups on the appendage to grab it.

"I'm Octopunch, second-in command of the Mayhem Attack Squad, fool! I work for Gigatron and I'm authorized to go wherever I want." One of his other tentacles gestured toward the rest of the group as electricity crackled on the points of his trident. "They are with me. Do not give us trouble."

Buzzsaw cawed in amusement and turned to Squash Bison. "You'll probably want to stay away from the Pretenders," he told the Imperial. "They're...not as civilized as us cassettes."

Ravage, meanwhile, was inspecting Rumble and Frenzy's mangled bodies. "Probably repairable," he concluded at last. "Enemy's a lost cause, though. Thankfully."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Space Station

The drone was grabbed by Octopunch

"unhand me now ahhhh get offff."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Blackjack nodded at Howlback's plan. "A good plan." He told the Cobalt Sentry. "Probably would save our lives if we do it fast enough. Problem is, well, the extra push you mentioned. If we detonate all our weaponry, or one of the Insecticon Clones, we just might create a big enough push to force us out..."

Bombshell sighed. "You are no fun, Kickback, you know that?"

"Not everyone likes having their mind controlled, controlled." Shrapnel told Bombshell between munches. "In fact, I'm pretty sure there isn't a single person that would be happy that their mind is controlled, least of all by you, you."

"Bah." Bombshell snorted. "Kickback probably has a bomb in your head too, Shrappers."

"I don't go around backstabbing my own Insecticons, thank you very much, much." Shrapnel snorted. "Also, I checked, checked. Electronic powers means any bomb in my head -- or cerebro-shell, mind you -- gets instantly fried, fried."

Bombshell made a razzing noise. "Shut up and eat. This damn slagpile is going to blow up any moment now, and we're not even through."

Space

"Mmm, I would say that I'm sorry for the deaths of my brothers, but I can't honestly say that I am." Snare's own Megavisor scanners did a run of the nearby area alongside Snapdragon. "Would I suggest we bail? Knowing Afterburner's insane self-destruct sequence crap, it's probably an added effect. Calm before the storm and all that."

Snare paused. "Or, alternatively, we are just that good."

Slog shook his head. "Lousy fighter, I am. Speaker, even worse, I am. More eloquent, you are, in speaking or fighting. Hear you better, people can. Artist, I am, shunned I am. My art, only way, horrors of war can be remembered. Only way, I can express myself. Change, I cannot do actively."

Space Station

Stranglehold materialized and took a step woozily, not comprehending what had happened. Octopunch and the Cassettes were not fighting the Imperials around him, so he did not.

Stranglehold looked around, spotting Octopunch, and strode over, peering at the floating drone, curious.

"What do we do now?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Howlback shrugged. "I was thinking of something else, actually."

She looked over at Bombshell, who was squabbling with his fellow Insecticons.

"Well, someone else, actually."

Kickback laughed. "Why would I put a bomb in Shrapnel's head?" he demanded of Bombshell. "I like Shrapnel, remember? Even though he somehow wormed his way into being in charge of stuff and didn't invite me along, so I had to claw my own way up. Oh, and I don't like how he's always repeating himself. Or the lightning. Or--but that's not the point!" The Insecticon made a frustrated noise. "At least I can trust Shrapnel not to try and shoot mind-control bullets at me!"

Space

Snapdragon considered what Snare had to say. "Well, I know I'm that good, but you do make a good point about self-destruct systems."

He dipped his nose downward and accelerated, falling into Cybertron's gravity well away from the Warworld.

"I'd offer you a place to rest and recharge, but the ship I've been living in for the last two years is sitting in the hangar of a moon that's about to explode. So...anywhere in particular you'd like to go?"

Micromaster shuttle

Birdbrain shrugged. "Sounds to me like you've given up," he told Slog. "With an attitude like that, things are never going to change."

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Octopunch shrugged, the action releasing his hold on the drone and swatting it away.

"No idea," he told Stranglehold. "I don't know what this place is, even." Looking at the annoying drone, he demanded, "Who's in charge here?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Decepticon Space Station

Jury Rig strode into the hangar

"that would be me."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Space (?)

It wasn't long until the Vigilare arrived at the Star Arrow's position. It slowed itself down along side the other Autobot shuttle and opened a small hatch along its hull, leading to the airlock chamber inside.

"Star Arrow - you guys still alive in there? Your ride's here," Rumbler commed. "Get yourselves on board."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Blackjack looked up at Bombshell, raising an eyebrow at Howlback's suggestion. "I have no love for that Insecticon, and I don't particularly like the idea of blowing up another Decepticon, if it's him or us, I'd pick us any day of the week."

"How do you suppose we're gonna blow him up, though? I mean, he's got a bomb in his head and everything, but his buddies have the trigger..."

Shrapnel chuckled loudly between bites at Kickback's comment. "I swear in all honesty, Kickback, I had no idea why Soundwave placed me in the security position, position. All I need was take care of the monitor room during the whole Imperial breakout, breakout."

Bombshell snorted. "I'm sure if Shrapnel could shoot mind-control bullets at you or me he would."

"Would not, not!" Shrapnel shot back defensively.

"Would too!" Bombshell snapped back. "You- him- me, we're all Insecticons. We're all opportunists. None of us understand the concept of loyalty! The only reason we stick around each other is that no one can tolerate us!"

"Keep telling yourself that, that." Shrapnel replied to Bombshell. "I know the concept of loyalty fair enough, enough. At least I know where I stand, stand."

Space

"I've never been to this planet, all I know of it are from holo-vids and the like. You lead me." Snare followed behind Snapdragon, letting Cybertron's gravity well do its job, trailing behind Snapdragon's tailwind to aid in his navigation. "Honestly, how did you guys ever manage to take over an Imperial warship? Never did figure it out."

Snare thought he would feel some kind of remorse or sadness or some similar emotion for leaving the Warworld behind, leaving behind everything he knew.

And Snare found out that he just... did not care.

Micromaster shuttle

"Change, anyway, things are. Happening right now, large changes are. Felt by every faction, aftermath of this most recent war, will be." Slog replied to Birdbrain. "Change things, during the aftermath, we should be. More liable to change, during the aftermath, people are. During war, prevent change, prejudices do."

Drone Hangar, Warworld

Stranglehold shrugged and turned around to Jury Rig, raising his fists in a threatening way... then saw the Gigatron-affiliated Decepticon insignia on Jury Rig's body.

"You're an ally?" Stranglehold asked dumbly. "Haven't seem him before."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Space Station

Jury Rig nodded, and stroked his goatee.

"I have been busy working on the space station project for Gigatron."

He gestured round the transmat bay

"welcome aboard."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Space Station

Stranglehold raised an eyebrow as he regarded Jury Rig, and unconsciously one of his hands reached out to his own beard and stroked it. "You work for Gigatron? Who're you?"
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Space Station

Jury Rig chuckled

"Indeed I do.You may call me Jury Rig although I've had other names in my time. You may know me better as Detritus."

He gestured around

"this is the Spacestation Vulcan."