[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Lower Levels, Sentinel Prime Defense Base:

"Don't worry, old-timer." Sentinel told Ironhide with a grunt. "You're not the only one here who doesn't have some kind of weird freaky powers."

Sentinel's energon lance hummed as he swung it. "I'll engage the blue one in a melee, try to stop him from doing anything. Watchtower!" Sentinel roared into his commlink. "The damned force field!"

"Hey now, you guys know I can hear you all talking? Don't be so cold, man!" Skywarp called out to the Seekers outside. "Just get these cuffs off and I'll teleport all of us out of this place, unless you guys still want to play here, of course."

South East Border, Iacon

Scorponok grunted as he launched an anti-gravity blast to the Autotroopers manning a nucleon shock cannon, causing him and a bunch of other miscellaneous debris float into the air, before the effects of the antigravity gun caused him and the debris fall down behind the wall back into the city.

For all the good it did Scorponok, since another officer took the fallen Autotrooper's place.

A squadron of Autobot jets shot in and began to pepper the Decepticons below with machinegun fire, taking out the Scorpobabies and Vehicons. Some of the jets dropped bombs down, blowing up a Scorpobaby that had taken refuge underground.

Scorponok grunted as the ground erupted around him, and a chunk of his Zarak shield was blown apart. "Pred! Tarannie! Seeker boy! I think it's high time we take several steps back!"

One of the jets which had shot out of the city transformed and landed next to Jazz, and gave the Autobot a short salute. He had the winged mark of the Elite Guard on his shoulder. "Sir, Delta Seeker of the 34th Elite Guard Division. We're at your disposal, Commander."
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

Roof, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Quickswitch nodded as Talonflame answered his question. "That's more action than I've ever seen..." he paused, still distinctly uneasy."

The six modes filled and warred his mind continuously.

"I don't like it," the six changer frowned, and his head-fins drooped along with the dour expression, "I hope the others are all right... It's too damned quiet."
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Talonflame shrugged. "Eh, so long as you follow protocol everything's going to be fine. Sentinel may be one hell of a dipstick, but he knows what he's doing."

Talonflame went rigid and his claws slid out in a ready position when Quickswitch mentioned it's too quiet, and his head darted from one side to the other, before relaxing.

"Sorry. Force of habit."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Warehouse D16, Warehouse District

Raiku glanced over at Prowl, not quite sure who he was speaking to about tracking individuals, and something more 'vauge'. Did he mean Raiku's scanning?

"Every bot's sort of on a different frequency with their energon. I can see several frequencies of the same energy at once, but doing more than a few starts to, well, give me a headache," Raiku spoke, sounding a bit like he was admitting something slightly embarrassing. Some practice with his ability would probably help, but the closest he ever got to that was his typical work on the job, and that didn't ever need more than a few frequencies at once. And Raiku was used to getting yelled at or people skittering off if he did it at any other time (and upsetting the tenants of your apartment usually was not a good idea).

"We'll hold things down here," Hound told Prowl, more of an effort to change the subject for Raiku than a necessary answer for the intelligence officer.

Raiku turned back towards the shuttle as Jolt worked, then frowned as he made mention of needed a pilot. "I've been a tunnel maintainer. Closest I've gotten to flying is taking the lift up to the next floor." He then looked over at Hound, who was making a funny expression. "What's that for?"

Hound seemed to have been thinking about something, but as soon as the other mech was looking at him, his face turned into a frown. "What's what for?"

"That face you're making."

"It's nothing," Hound answered as though trying to brush it off.

"No-one makes that face for nothing," Raiku insisted.

"Well..." Hound's face started to twist up slightly into that expression again. "Sentinel made me take some classes, run some simulator practice. I think he was hoping I'd be able to make holographic maps while in fly-by in a shuttle."

"How'd you do?"

"The instructor said none of my simulated passengers survived."

Now Raiku's face started to take on the same expression. "How about after the classes?"

"That was the final exam."

Hound tried not to, but he could feel a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth as he watched Raiku start rubbing his temples. Hound looked over at Roadbuster. "How's your hand at shuttles?"

Vector Sigma

With Orion beside him, Yoketron stood motionless and silent in the lift as it descended down the shaft below the surface of Cybertron. It was not travelling far, but the lift moved slowly, making the trip seem like an eternity. And though Yoketron said nothing for the trip, Orion would be able to feel a hint of anxiety starting to exude from Yoketron.

The lift finally came to a stop, the doors opening to reveal more darkness, dotted dimly by the lights of machinery. Vector Sigma's core was the only thing brightly visible, lit by the energy flowing through its components. It was like emerging into a giant cavern with a single huge column holding up its interior. The darkness made it impossible to see the full size of the room, but it was big...and the keeper was no-where to be seen...
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Lower Levels, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"Details..." Thundercracker said. "Easy for you to say. You're not the one that got fried," he added looking at Starscream.

The Autotrooper managed to tackle Thundercracker. He went down in the process and instinctively raised his shoulder mounted gun straight at the face of his attacker. "You idiot. You should've stayed in the dark. I would've spared your life," he said as he fired of his shot at the Autotrooper.

South East Border, Iacon

Jazz pulled out his rifle. "Don't try your luck," and shot it straight at the scorpobaby, intending to blast right through it.

Jazz then turned to the Elite Guardsman that just landed next to him. "Good job. Try to keep pushing them back, but stay close to the city walls. No need to follow them out in the open. It might be a trap."

Military District

Volks cocked a brow. Did Red Alert just make a joke? Wonders never cease. Volks closed up his data pad and tucked it away. "Alright. Virus is done. Let's start Operation: Murder Soundwave already. We've sat here long enough, don't you think?"

He got up from the crate he sat on and walked towards the door Red Alert was standing. "Yeah, I know," he said when Red Alert mentioned that Scorponok had joined the Decepticons. "Thanks to Wheeljack, we were able to see what he and his crazy friends did to Praxus." Volks sighed. "It wasn't a pretty at all."

South East Border, Iacon

"This isn't my first rodeo, kid," Springer replied to Sideswipe as he got back up on his feet. "I had everything under control."
Obviously the red warrior was itching for a fight, but it seemed that he lacked the experience for this kind of combat. Then again, Springer was used to working alone or with an actual experienced partner but never more than one.

"Rapido," Springer said over the com calling his commander. "I've got a situation here. I've got some rookie here that trying to help me out, but I don't know him. Is he a member of our unit that you forgot to mention?" Probably not, but you never know with the Special Ops guys. Always everything on a need to know basis.

Tarantulas laughed hysterically when he watched the situation between Springer and Sideswipe. "You're making this too easy for me!" His joy was cut short however as a barrage of gun fire headed his way from the wall stationed Autotroopers. Tarantulas ran back and tried to get in the clear.

"They called out the heavy artillery! Weaklings," he shouted as he shook his fist. "You're not suggesting to retreat, are you Scorponok?" Tarantulas replied to the large mech.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Prowl turned to regard Raiku as he explained his ability, tilting his head. It seems he had... underestimated the extent of Raiku's abilities. Truly someone that would be useful to get on their side... it's a pity he's a naive civilian who seems to be more interested in undermining all their efforts of peacekeeping in favour of being a glorified reporter.

Still, his spark is in the right place, and he'll be useful to eliminate Soundwave.

"Well, headache or not... it's certainly very useful, if you'll pardon my candidness." Prowl told Raiku with a soft smile. He turned to Hound and nodded, before exiting and transforming, heading off to fetch Red Alert and Volks.

Jolt shrugged at Raiku. "I'm not trained to fly a shuttle either. I mean, I can program the autopilot and fix things, but I can't fly worth a damn, especially if you guys are planning to engage in a dogfight or whatever."

He turned to Hound and winced. "Thought you military types are supposed to be all cool and infallible and stuff."

He shrugged as he pulled out a communique. "I have connections, and I could get you guys a pilot, though I suppose that's head-crest's deal, no? He'll probably freak out if someone he doesn't have on file shows up. Though I'd wager he has everyone on Iacon in some file or other."

The Autotrooper's head exploded as Thundercracker's shot penetrated him and tore it apart. The remaining incapacitated Autotrooper, Bracket, shakily stood up. "You- you won't be able to get what you want!" Bracket yelled into the dark room, shaking as he grabbed his sidearm. "You'll use them for evil! I'll stop you!"

South East Border, Iacon

The scorpobaby was blown apart by Jazz's blast, and machinegun fire from the support fire tore what remained of that into bits.

Delta Seeker winced. "Sorry if you wanted that for something. That idiot from my squad is a little overzealous." He nodded, and pulled out his commlink. "Listen up, people! Push them back, but stay close to the walls! I want no heroics -- and I do mean that, Tracker! No stupid heroics -- drive them away, and head straight back!"

"I suggest we take several steps away from the big cannons while the old fossil general arrives with the cannon fodder army, before heading back into the game!" Scorponok yelled out at Tarantulas. "Then we get back to trying to blow them up again!"

Scorponok grunted as a missile rammed against his shield and erupted, the explosion warping the exterior of the Zarak Shield and blowing Scorponok back. "I see no sense in getting blown up!"
Chip1123
Protoform

South East Border, Iacon

Post by Chip1123 »

(OOC: Thrust wasn't in the air. Springer knocked him down)

Thrust grimaced as his shot hit Tarantulas, but no major damage was done. He had readied to shoot again when the turrets came alive above. He was going to have a hard time flying out of there with a busted wing. He ran to regroup when Scorponok gave the orders.

----------------

Topspin obeyed Jazz's orders and fell back as the cannon fire created some room between him and his enemies.

----------------

Rapido never saw Predacon's secondary attack but was saved by luck. One of the cannon's shots hit near him and Predacon, launching him onto his back nearby. His audio receptors were ringing, and was a little dazed, but still functioning. Not sure if I should praise their skill in not hitting me, or their recklessness in coming so close to hitting their own side...

When Springer's message came in, he paused. "No rookies on the team. What's his name, and is he alright?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lower Levels, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

"You can get offended when your useless chassis isn't locked in a cell," Starscream snapped at Skywarp. "But right now, I'm going to classify anyone who managed to get captured even though he can teleport as "idiot" by default. Prove me wrong."

Glaring at Thundercracker, he said, "Well, if it makes you feel better you won't have to go through that again. But on the down side, that's because the Autobots will have the field down in under a minute. Get Skywarp out of those cuffs!

"I've done all I can," he told the other seekers. "I'm no hacker, and whoever they've got running the controls on their end knows what he's doing. We'd better get out of here quickly."

Because I don't feel like embarrassing myself by asking that Soundwave creature for help, he add silently.

The seeker stepped away from the computer and decloaked, stabbing his energon blade at Bracket's neck. The turret guns spun towards him as soon as he became visible, but he fired several null ray blasts before they managed to zoom in on him.

South East Border, Iacon

"Awww..." Predacon said to Scorponok. "Retreat? That's no fun!" A shell exploded a few hand-spans away from his head. "Still, it does have it's advantages. Lead on!"

Leaping from one cover to the next, Predacon tried to keep out of the Autobots' line of sight so that the much larger Scorponok would draw all of their fire. He stole a glance back at Rapido and Hot Rod every once in a while, just in case they were trying to shoot him in the back as he fled (it's what he would have done, after all...).

Military District

"Agreed. This place is giving me the creeps." Red Alert threw the door open, transformed to vehicle mode and drove off toward the meeting place that Prowl had named earlier. "Stay close," he told Volks. "We can't be sure that Soundwave isn't waiting for us."

As he drove, he pondered what the other Autobot had said. "I suspect I'm happier not knowing, but what happened in Praxus? I must have missed that news when I was underground."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Lower Levels, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

"Idiot? Well, I won't argue with you on that." Skywarp told Starscream. "Though Obie did say it's no matter if I'm captured, I just have to demoralize them with scary stories and stuff like that."

The null cannons whined into deactivation as Starscream's null rays slammed into them, overriding their programming and overloading their circuits.

"Yeah, get Skywarp out of these cuffs." Skywarp repeated. "Please?"

South East Border, Iacon

Scorponok grunted as he was blown off his feet. He transformed before landing, his treads buckling as they hit the ground. Driving backwards so he can return fire onto the Autobots, Scorponok called out, "Get back towards the Tagan Heights! Their weapons can't reach us there. Unless if they send bombers after us or something, in which case we're screwed."

"Could do something about the ground-bound Autobots to keep them off our tail."

The remaining Scorpobabies would all burst out of the ground near Jazz, Springer, Topspin, Rapido, Hot Rod, Sandstorm and Sideswipe, screeching as their simple minds relayed orders to simply engage the enemy. (OOC: Do with the 'babies what you will. :))

"And my spares are all back in Kaon, too!" Scorponok grumbled.

Warehouse District

Prowl spied Red Alert and Volks incoming in his direction, and he clicked on his police sirens in response to attract their attention. He screeched as he spun around, re-orienting himself to face the way he came earlier, hover-engines straining slightly to compensate for the sudden deceleration and acceleration.

"I was about to fetch you two." Prowl said to the unlikely pair. Hearing Red Alert's last sentence, Prowl decided to oblige and answer. "As... you may have guessed, Red Alert, there was no news. And it's not just Praxus. Yuss, Valvolux, the Tygun Span, Tyrest, Nyon, Gigahex, Protihex, Kalis... everything has been subjugated by the Decepticons. Forcefully. We had no idea what was happening due to the communications blackout, and they... destroyed everything. Stanix is entirely gone due to what appears to be nuclear warheads. Vos, Uraya, Tarn and Polyhex had straight-up joined in with the rebels. I've just got word from the people watching our lone satellite that the besieged Altihex has been breached as well."

Prowl sighed. "Iacon is the only one left free, Red. We're the only ones left between Decepticon subjugation and... freedom." Prowl paused. "But first we have to brave the forces that can take out the rest of Cybertron, in addition to whatever additional surprises they may have."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warehouse District

"Will do," Volks said as he transformed and followed Red Alert. He was about to answer Red's question about Praxus when Prowl arrived.

Volks sighed. "Oh sure, interject," as Prowl did just that. Volks started mumbling to himself and was pretty unclear to be understood. "I don't mind. It's not like I was having a conversation or anything." He sighed again. "I bet this never happens to Kup."

"Yeah, yeah," Thundercracker said as Starscream told him to free Skywarp. He sure got the hang of ordering people around pretty quick he thought to himself as he got back up on his feet. He walked towards the cell that held Skywarp and blasted the doors open.

"Alright you bit-brain. Let's get you out of here," he said as he fired on the shackles that held Skywarp in his place. "Come on, let's blow this joint before there's any more trouble."

South East Border, Iacon

Springer got back up on his feet and backed up to avoid not getting hit by any friendly fire. "Don't know who he is," he replied to Rapido, "but at least he's an Autobot. Other than a few dents he seems to be fine."

Springer turned his head towards Sideswipe. "Hey new guy! Fall back! You'll wind up getting shot by one of our own if you don't!" At that same moment, a scorpobaby jumped at Springer, but luckily Springer was fast enough to slice it in half with his sword. "Look out! There's one coming right at you!" he shouted towards Sideswipe.

War Room

In the mean time, Kup made his way towards the War Room. Since there wasn't much for him to do at this stage, he decided to monitor all progress from there until a situation arises where he was needed.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse District

"Why, Volks, are you actually getting along with Red Alert? Are you actually jealous now?" Prowl's delivery was, as always, as deadpan as he could be. "I did not think it possible... it is, however, extremely fortunate, since it guarantees your teamwork. The virus is complete, now, Volks?"

Prowl halted to a stop in front of Warehouse D16. "This is where our shuttle is. Hurry, now. There were cameras inside the warehouse, and Raiku notes that Soundwave may have been tipped off."

Skywarp watched as Thundercracker, in quick succession, deactivated the glowing forcefield that held him in and shot the inhibitor claw and stasis cuffs apart.

Skywarp grinned. "Ah, Blue! Haven't seen you since... since we blew up a bunch of random kooks in Kaon." Skywarp hobbled out, a little unsteady. "The fraggers took my guns, so I'm helpless. Still can teleport, though -- no way they can take that away from me."

He walked out and saw Starscream, and raised his optics. "Another Seeker! Awesome. We should be a trio or something!" Skywarp reached out one hand to Starscream and another to Thundercracker, closed his optics and concentrated, reaching out.

He's never really gotten used to teleporting a lot of people. But then again there was that time with Five-Eyes and Glazy... he concentrated, then all three Seekers would disappear with a loud VVOP and swirls of colours and the smell of sulfur.

It was around that time that the forcefield went down, and Sentinel Prime charged in, only to run through nothing. Sentinel let out a long, loud angry roar.

Landing Pad, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Skywarp, Thundercracker and Starscream would find themselves materializing where the two other Seekers had landed initially. "Whoa." Skywarp muttered as he stumbled from where he materialized. Shouldn't have done that on low energon, but what could he do?

"Whoa." Skywarp turned around. "You guys did a number on the place. What did you do, ram an energon transport here and blow it up?"

War Room

"Sir." Watchdog saluted Kup as he pulled out an earpiece (with Sentinel's drawn-out scream) out of his head, wincing. "I guess the watch belongs to you now, since you're here."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

"You've been reading too many of Sentinel's recruitment posters," Hound told Jolt.

Raiku meanwhile had started pacing the room, the only thing he could do to keep his nerves settled for the moment.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Oh no, whatever shall we civilians do when all you military types crash ships in simulation and pace around and ruin my polished floor?" Jolt made a mocking terrified expression, then laughed. "Nah, you guys will be fine. I've seen Prowl show me worse soldiers than you."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lower Levels, Sentinel Prime Defence Base Landing Pad, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

Starscream groaned. "And you listened to that fossil Obsidian?" He gave Skywarp a contemptuous look. "Didn't 'escaping' even cross your mind?"

If the teleportation had even phased him, the seeker didn't show it. "Find yourself some guns," he told Skywarp. "We're going to do a number on more than just the landing area before we're done here."

If the fact that he was going outside of his purview and disobeying Shockwave's orders even mildly bothered Starscream, he certainly didn't show it. He was in command here, and he was going to enjoy it thoroughly before submitting to that one-eyed logic machine's authority again.

"Thundercracker, get in the air and keep an eye out for CAP patrols. Skywarp, start rooting through the dead Autotroopers and find a gun or two that you know how to use." Starscream aimed his null ray at the door and added, "I'll handle anyone stupid enough to try and attack us after what we just accomplished."

South East Border, Iacon

Predacon barked at Scorponok, "This is all your fault," he told the other Decepticon. ""I wanted to bring Sixshot along!"

Warehouse District

Red Alert stewed. The entire world had fallen apart around him while he'd been babysitting a technician, blindly poking around for clues while his enemy had been watching and laughing. If only he'd been faster, if only he'd ferreted out Soundwave sooner, who knows how much damage could have been prevented?

Transforming to robot mode, he walked up the shuttle's ramp without saying a word. Not even Prowl's cold, indifferent assessment of Red's improving relationship with Volks got a reaction out of him as he settled into one of the shuttle's seats.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Raiku's pacing would be interrupted by Red Alert's presence, causing the mechanic to perk up. He was glad to see Red was still in good condition, but then frowned at seeing the officer's intense expression, and him bypassing everyone to get right on the shuttle. Raiku headed that way as well, reminded yet again of the gravity of the situation.

Hound watched Raiku go onto the shuttle, but he stayed outside for the moment, waiting to see if Prowl had any additional orders for them.

"Hey Red," Raiku greeted as he got onboard the shuttle. He tried to sound cheerful, but it came out rather flat and sterile.

Since the time that Red had last seen the mechanic, it looked as though he'd been patched up by the military medics and a brace put on his arm, so he wasn't fully recovered from the incident yet. It also looked as though the military had managed to acquisition him, as Raiku was now armed and armored, and bearing an Autobot insignia.

"I...got you something..." Raiku spoke, as though unsure how to go about presenting it to him. He finally settled for just holding out the military-grade blaster and holster for Red Alert. "Thought you might want an upgrade."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Skywarp looked slightly taken aback by Starscream’s look. He had never been berated for following orders before… “But… but Obsidian said… he’s the air commander and everything.” He frowned. “He told me as long as I keep them scared and not say anything, the Autobots are too soft to kill me. And… and you guys did rescue me, didn’t you?”

Skywarp shook his wooziness off as fresh energon was circulated into his circuits, rejuvenating his circuits. Starscream took charge and ordered him to do something, though, and that he could understand. “Now that, I can get behind.” Skywarp warped away to the corpses nearby with a bang, and began scavenging for weapons, pulling out a rather chunky machinegun. It was a little heavy compared to Skywarp’s favoured shoulder-mounted machineguns, but it was one he was familiar with using. And machineguns make a lot of noise.

Skywarp grinned impishly as he cocked the weapon. “The Autobots are surprised, but they’ve got lookouts and turrets. When I came, I did pull out important-looking wires from most of the AA cannons, though.”

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Watchdog turned to Kup, and said, “Sir, the Decepticons have been located in the former landing pad.”

South East Border, en-route to the Tagan Heights

“Why is it my fault that Sixshot isn’t with us? Blame Thunderwing!” Scorponok replied to Predacon as one of the motorcycle Vehicons racing beside him was perforated by machinegun fire from the Autobot jets, skidded wildly and blew up. “Blame Thunderwing for everything!” Scorponok yelled.

Warehouse D16

Prowl transformed into robot mode, and adopted a stoic expression once more. Indeed, it has been proven by Red Alert’s reaction that his attempts at small talk are harmful to morale and effectiveness despite what Smokescreen keeps telling him. Or it could be the bad news.

Prowl turned around and regarded the team. Volks, Red Alert, Raiku, Hound and Roadbuster. The hacker, the cop, the civilian, the scout and the one with more firepower than the state of Protihex. A motley team, but each chosen due to a specific trait.

“You all know what to do.” Prowl told Hound and Volks, who were still outside the shuttle. “Eliminate him. Show no mercy. Get out alive.” Prowl paused. “But you must understand – eliminating Soundwave is of utmost importance. Even above your lives.”

The sound of a jet engine would be heard, and Jolt would let in a green-coloured jet with an Elite Guard insignia.

Prowl gestured at him. “Meet Barrel Roll. He’s going to be your pilot.”

Jolt patted Barrel Roll on the back. “It’s just as well you have the winged badge. Pilots always die in movies.”
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

(OOC: Running out of steam. :( )

"Hey man, relax, it's okay," Quickswitch smiled at Talonflame and, after putting his blasters in subspace, gently patted Talonflame's shoulder.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warehouse District

"Did you ever have any doubt?" Volks replied to Prowl when the latter asked if the virus was complete.

"And for the record. Red Alert and I only managed to find some common ground. We aren't even close to getting along. People I get along with end up dead like Network," Volks continued.

"So for his sake, I'm still going to annoy him," he said as he walked up the ramp of the shuttle with a smirk on his face, although it was well hidden by his mouthplate.

Thundercracker shook his head. He needed to get used to the feeling after being teleported. "I did this," Thundercracker said with pride. "It's what I do."

Thundercracker transformed and did as Starscream asked of him. Great. CAP duty with a busted wing. "Better hurry up, Skywarp. No need to stick around longer than we need to."

War Room

Kup quickly scanned the reports and all available data that was on hand about current situations.

"Send in some of the Elite Guard. These guys have just been bumped up to threat level Alpha," Kup replied to Watchdog. "Engage and makes sure to keep them grounded. If they take to the skies and manage to escape, let them go," he added. "No need to lose any more soldiers over this, because I have a feeling that we're going to need every able-bodied mech pretty soon to defend Iacon."

South East Border, en-route to the Tagan Heights

Tarantulas transformed and followed the others. "Ha! Thunderwing. Such a fool."

South East Border, Iacon

"Autobots!" Jazz called out to his team and the Autotroopers. "Fall back, regroup and prepare for the inevitable second attack! This was only a scouting party."

Jazz walked over to the body of Cuffs, picked him up and started to carry him back towards the border patrol station. "Topspin. Take Tazer with you," he said as he pointed towards the lifeless body of the Transformer. "The least we can do is give these guys a proper send off."
Aspiring DJ!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Warehouse D16

Hound nodded as Prowl spoke, staying at attention even as Volks offered up his banter. It might not have been much of a briefing, but it was still one, and Hound remained at the ready. Once it was done, he gave a brief, professional, "Yes sir," Then proceeded towards the shuttle.

He nodded at Barrel Roll as he passed the Autobot flier, then climbed onboard to the shuttle.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Landing Pad, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

"For now," Starscream replied to Skywarp bitterly. "Obsidian is a relic. It doesn't matter what he says, he's not on our side. He's a Decepticon because he hates the Autobots, but trust me, he doesn't actually care about what we're fighting for. He doesn't even know what we're fighting for, because he's only fighting for himself."

Once Skywarp had armed himself, Starscream nodded and said, "They have lookouts and turrets for now, but the three of us are going to have something to say about that."

He looked up at Thundercracker and said, "Don't worry, I noticed that wing of yours. That's why you get patrol duty. Keep a good elevation and flag any targets that start to pay attention to you -- that's turrets, guard towers or other flyers. Skywarp and I can sneak up and engage while you've got their attention."

To Skywarp he said, "You ready to go?"

South East Border, Iacon

"Well, it's not my fault!" Predacon snapped back at Scorponok. "And I can't blame Thunderwing because he's not here!"

An explosive shell hit the ground nearby, shattering the small concrete barrier that Predacon was using as cover. Spooked, he transformed to vehicle mode and flew away as fast as he could.

Warehouse District

Red Alert looked up at Raiku, a blank expression on his face. "Hmm?" he said. After a second, he realized who was standing in front of him and silently chided himself for being inattentive. "Hi, Raiku. You look different." He narrowed his optics, then added, "New armour? Good idea. And of course, the temporary paint has worn off too."

The officer looked at the pistol that was being offered. It was a military model, all black plastic and hard edges, but not much different in practice than the one he carried as part of his police duties. It may have had a slightly larger magazine or been a bit more accurate, but a pistol was still a pistol -- he wasn't going to pierce heavy armour or fight off a Decepticon fire team with it.

Should really see about finding a rifle if I'm going to be charging off into hostile territory. Red thought absently. Or a plasma cannon and a heavy rocket launcher...

Still, Red accepted the weapon with a small -- if forced -- smile. A gift was a gift, and an extra gun was never something to scoff at. If nothing else, it would pack more of a punch than the tiny backup pistol that Red routinely carried.

"Thank you," he said to the engineer. "Hopefully I won't need to use it," he added, though he clearly didn't believe that at all.

As Barrel Roll came aboard, Red shot the guardsman a suspicious look. Then he glanced over at Volks and said, "And I'll still arrest you as soon as I get the chance," though the attempt at a joke would probably fall flat given his current mood.