[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Warehouse D16

“It is my job to worry and doubt. Although I was confident that you had a 98.57 per cent chance of completing the virus.” Prowl told Volks. Prowl noted Volks’ remarks about Network and Red Alert, noting that introducing Red to him yielded unexpectedly pleasant results. “Well, whatever the case… I bid you good luck, men.”

Jolt called out, “There’s a couple of ammo charges and old refurbished weapons in the locker, if you need it, boys! They probably won’t blow up in your face!” Jolt paused. “Probably.”

“Open the hatch, Jolt.” Prowl said, as both he and his brother began to walk out of the warehouse to avoid bearing the brunt of the shuttle’s exhaust. The roof of the warehouse began to slide open, granting the shuttle more than enough space to fly out. Prowl gave Jolt a nod, before transforming and shooting back towards the direction of their newly-renamed military base.

Shuttle

Barrel Roll nodded at Hound, recognizing the Autobot scout. He recognized Roadbuster too, and had heard of the midget of a hacker that has become Prowl’s favourite. But the rest – Raiku and Red Alert – were unfamiliar to him. Oh well, if Prowl trusts them…

“Buckle up, boys!” Barrel Roll called out cheerfully through the intercom. “If you’ve never flown before, well, try not to vomit onto the person next to you!”

The shuttle rose from the floor of the warehouse through little boosters, and when it rose out of the building, Barrel Roll reoriented the shuttle, and engaged the main engines, and the shuttle accelerated quickly and broke the sound barrier within seconds.

War Room

“Aye sir.” Watchdog replied to Kup. “Nearest Elite Guardsmen is Talonflame’s team.” He opened a communique to him. “Second airborne division, the intruders have been sighted at the landing pads. You are given authorization to engage. Threat level alpha. Keep them grounded, but do not pursue if they attempt to escape. No sense to lose you for these losers.”

Roof, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Talonflame gave Quickswitch a smile, before turning rigid and stern when Watchdog’s communication came through. He raised a sharp finger to his forehead. “Copy that.” Talonflame then addressed the rest of his team. “Sparrowhawk, Parachute, Defrauder, engage the enemy head-on. Scarmory, get to the turrets, find out why they aren’t working, then join us. Galestorm, you take Barrel Roll’s spot – do a wide sweep in case more enemies come in. Do not pursue the Decepticons if we somehow let them off, understand? You have your orders, I’ll join you soon.”

Talonflame turned to Quickswitch. “Want to come with us, big guy? Time to lay down the law on these scum who think they can pick a fight with us.”

Landing Pad, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

“Nice, bro. Remind me to never piss you off.” Skywarp grinned and gave Thundercracker a thumbs-up, before holding the machinegun in a ready position. He considered holding two, just to look cool, but he didn’t think he could handle the weight, after being used to his compact shoulder-mounted ones.

Skywarp turned to Starscream, a look of bafflement in his face. Well, he never considered that. But then he never really considered much beyond what’s immediate to him, but yes, what the other Seeker said made sense. “Obby’s fighting for Cybertron, I think, if his speeches are anything to go by. He’s the type to go into a kamikaze run if he thinks it’ll make any difference.” Skywarp paused, then frowned. “Though someone alone like him can’t really pose much of a threat once we control the entire planet… he’ll have to bow down or die.” He frowned, as if saying his observation was mentally taxing.

Skywarp cocked his weapon threateningly and grinned. This, he understood. “Yes sir! I… never got your name. I’m Skywarp. Because I fly and can teleport, see…”

Two Seekers and an Aerialbot flew in from three different directions, moving in from where they had been similarly perched atop the facilities of the renamed War Academy. On their wings the winged brand of the Iaconian Elite Guard was stamped proudly. “Talonflame, we have them on sight.” Defrauder said into the commlink. “Engaging now.”

Small-arms machinegun fire would rip out from all three Elite Guardsmen, the Aerialbot Parachute picking Thundercracker, whereas Sparrowhawk and Defrauder gunned for Starscream and Skywarp, whilst their on-board targeting system attempted a missile lock.

Lower Levels, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Sentinel Prime glowered at the fallen Autotroopers being helped out by paramedics and others. He lowered his head slightly, then turned to one of the paramedics who looked confused. "Get them to Ratchet now!" Sentinel snapped at the unfortunate medic. "I won't have your bumbling cost these soldiers their lives!"

His battle mask retracting into his helmet, the Prime glanced at Ironhide. "We need to get topside. Come on." He opened a commlink to Kup, "Kup, give me a sitrep on the escaped prisoner and the skirmish on the borders. Please tell me you've located the infiltrators."

South East Border, Iacon

The fliers who had flown out of the safety of the Iacon walls flew around and shot back towards the city upon Jazz’s orders.

“I blame Thunderwing precisely because he’s not here!” Scorponok shouted back as their little ragtag group entered the Tagan Heights, a good distance from the battle-torn borders of Iacon. Transforming back into robot mode, Scorponok shook his head. “Everybody important still alive?”
Lady Quickswitch

Post by Lady Quickswitch »

"I want to... but I'm under orders from Prime to only engage the six changer- or any other multi-transformers that might appear. I'm useless sitting here like this, but I have my orders. I don't dare disobey."

He transformed to robot mode, sighed, and rubbed at his face.

"Be safe, Talonflame," he said.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"I may sound a bit like a hypocrite, but, hey, you could help take potshots. Work off some of that tension. Practice or something... just, you know, leave immediately if an enemy sixchanger should come." Talonflame winked at Quickswitch. "No one will have to know, and Watchdog isn't a tattletale."

Talonflame pulled out the collapsed assault rifle slung on his back, and as his claw-like fingers tightened around its handle, the rifle began to expand from its compacted form into its full size. "Of course, it's all up to you." Talonflame's jet boots and back-mounted rocket boosters ignited, and he shot into the air, and activated his commlink. "Scarmory, what's the situation with the turrets?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Shuttle

After his chat with Red Alert, Raiku moved to take a seat. He had a bit of trouble with the seatbelts, with his one arm half-immobilized, but he managed to get the job done before Hound reached him to assist. Looking a little bit sheepish, Hound took a seat beside Raiku, as though that was his intended destination all along.

Hound would try to stay focused on the front of the shuttle, to peer out the front windows, but beside him Raiku was fidgeting in an unsettled manner, as though trying not to but unable to stop himself.

"You okay?" Hound finally asked as Barrel Roll prepped it for takeoff.

It was a moment before Raiku answered. "I wasn't kidding about the elevator."

Hound nodded without saying anything else, especially since Barrel Roll's intercom message certainly wasn't going to help. For someone who spent most of their time on the ground or under it, this wasn't going to be fun. Hound himself had been in a few surface shuttle rides, but nothing anywhere near going up to space, and understood Raiku's nervousness a bit. There wasn't really anything he could say that'd sound sincere to help.

Both mechs just stayed quiet as the engines engaged and their vessel shot off for space. The jarring ride made both of them grip hard to their seats, despite being well-secured by the seat belts.

((ooc: Waiting on Hein to proceed with Yoketron and Orion. We're past the point of autopiloting him following Yoketron :p ))
Lady Quickswitch

(OOC: Going with what Quick would do in this situation.)

The monstrous fingers pressed into Quickswitch's face, pulling downward.

"This is an order direct from Prime!" he thundered at the Elite Guardsman.

He longed to go aid the others, but could not. Almost had, but could not.

He repeated, this time in a softer voice, "Not this time. If Sentinel rescinds the order, I'll join you. My comm is open."

That's all I can do. My hands are tied.

(OOC: Going with what Quick would do in the situation. He's just a cadet, not an established soldier yet.)
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Talonflame was visibly taken aback by Quickswitch's outburst, but shrugged. "Was just saying! Sheesh." The Elite Guardsman sighed, made a gesture that indicated indifference. "Whatever, then."

Talonflame transformed and shot towards the landing pad.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Warehouse D16: Shuttle

Volks shrugged. I'm amazed that you and Red Alert don't get along better than you do," he said when Prowl mentioned that it's his job to worry and doubt things.

He sat down in one of the chairs and took a look around. Roadbuster, Red Alert, Hound and the weird one they call Raiku were all on board. "Alright, mechs. Let's get this show on the road and fly towards our deaths!"

War Room

Kup nodded, approving of Watchdog's communications to the Elite Guard. He rested his hands on the desk in front of him when he leaned a bit forward while looking at the main screen.

"Somebody give me an update on the situation at the borders," he said as he looked around. "And can somebody tell me what the slag Sentinel Prime is doing? He should be here commanding his troops instead of running around doing Primus knows what!"

Kup shook his head. "Damn Sentinel needs to start acting like a Prime if we're to stand a chance against the Decepticons."

It was then that Sentinel's com came in. "Where in the blazes are you?! Get up here and start commanding your troops already!" Kup replied sternly. "The Decepticons have been located. They're on the Landing Pad. The Elite Guard has been sent in to deal with the situation. No update on the situation at the borders just yet."

Thundercracker only managed to dodge the incoming fire just in time and quickly engaged into the fight himself. "We've got company! And from the looks of their symbols they're Elite Guards," Thundercracker said to Skywarp and Starscream with some joy to his tone. "These guys better not be as disappointing as those autotroopers we took out earlier.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Lady Quickswitch

Quickswitch gazed into the distance, watching Talonflame as he flew away--a grim and frustrated expression on his face.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Room

Watchdog shrugged. "Sentinel Prime and Ironhide went down to deal with the intruders, but they were kind of slowed down by the blown-up elevator, and teleporters and everything. Should I order him back, sir? I mean, I know we're- you're- not supposed to order Primes around, but it is you and Commander Sentinel and... oh, you know."

Brig Section, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Sentinel was about to snap back. He was Prime! Damn it! Ironhide, Kup... why couldn't he get some respect from the damned old fossils?

Sentinel Prime let out a soft curse, as he grappled back up the shaft. "Come on, Ironhide." Sentinel said, not waiting for the bodyguard. "I'm at the brig, dealing with the intruders. And since the Elite Guard has made themselves known to the enemy... I see no need to intervene personally. Send in backup as suppressing fire, we won't want them escaping." Pause. "Why don't we have backup on the border situation? Where is Prowl? Where is Blues?"

Parachute laughed as he looped around and opened fire again, this time sending missiles at Thundercracker. "Come on, Decepticon. Not to be a jerk, but those are barely mall cops you killed back there."

"Shut up, jerk." Defrauder snapped at the Aerialbot as he and his wingmate Sparrowhawk pulled up as well. "Show some respect for the dead."

Skywarp grinned and looked at Starscream, "Ooh, ooh, boss guy, the black Seeker is mine!" Skywarp took aim at Defrauder and opened fire with his machinegun, although the unexpected kickback from the weapon caused him to stagger backwards slightly.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

War Room

Kup sighed. "The Prime should know that it's not his role anymore to run off after intruders and instead send in capable soldiers to deal with the situation." Kup shook his head. "Then again, his lack of trust in other's skills has always been his biggest flaw."

Kup turned to Watchdog. "It is my job to look out for the Prime, to make sure that he does his job accordingly and assist him in any way I can. If that means I have to chew him out from time to time then so be it." Kup smiled for a quick second. "It's not like he has the bolts to fire me anyway."

Reports from the border came in and Kup scanned them as quick as he could. "Sentinel," he said over the com, "I've got an update on the border situation for you. Jazz reports that his team and the Autotroopers stationed on the wall managed to push the enemy back. Three casualties so far: Two-Tone, Cuffs and Tazer. All three members of the border patrol unit. Jazz suspects that this attack was only a test run for them."

Kup then watched the screen that was monitoring the fight between the Elite Guard and the Seekers. "The Elite Guard has orders to keep them on the ground as long as possible, but not to pursue them if they manage to escape. If Jazz's report is anything to go by, we have seen nothing yet."

"They deserve none," Thundercracker replied as he did an aileron roll to avoid the incoming missiles. "A scraplet puts up more of a fight than they do," he added as he fired off one of his own rockets.

Arsenal

Wheeljack walked over to Magnus. The program had finished uploading and all his upgrades have been completed. "All we have to do now is wait for him to wake up," he said to Highbrow and while Wheeljack's attention was diverted, Magnus' fingers started to move a little.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: LQS, if you want to get in on the fun without breaking character I can have Starscream give Quickswitch a reason to get into the fight. Like, say, blowing up the roof he's on with a missile barrage. Up to you. :) )

Landing Pad, Sentinel Prime Defence Base

"Yes," Starscream said to Skywarp, "I know who you are. Or do you think we're in the habit of attacking random Autobot bases just in case they have seekers in the basement?" He restrained a sigh, then said, "I'm Starscream. But there's no time for pleasantries. Our playmates have arrived."

Jumping aside, Starscream narrowly avoided taking any further damage. He transformed, ignoring the pain that lanced through his damaged shoulder as he changed forms. Then he cloaked as he shot up into the sky, hoping to get around behind Parachute.

"Heh. 'Elite' guard. Right. Obviously they've never fought the likes of us before, or they'd call themselves the 'Mediocre Guard'!"

When he pulled up where he thought Parachute was going to be, he decloaked and opened fire with his machine guns.

South East Border, Iacon

"I'm still here, so yes," Predacon told Scorponok. "And what good does blaming Thunderwing do when he's not here to abuse?"

Predacon came to a stop beside Scorponok and reverted to robot mode, then glared back in the direction of Iacon. "Whose dumb idea was it to attack that place, anyway?"

Warehouse District

Red Alert couldn't resist glaring at Volks. "Don't be so negative," he told the other Autobot. "We're only probably all going to die."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Corridors, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

"The Prime knows that capable soldiers were not around during the attack. And he is correct in his judgment, considering the amount of soldiers lost to these three intruders. His ability to accurately gauge the skills of his soldiers has always been his biggest strength." Sentinel Prime replied to Kup.

He paused as the report came in. "Only three casualties, and all of them barely out of the academy... but we managed to drive them back that is where I had placed all my best soldiers." Sentinel paused and frowned. "Of course it's a bloody test run. Have Warpath's ground troops on standby, fix whatever damage they did, and make sure we're ready for the real deal. Where is Prowl? We need to talk about his contingency plans."

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

A loud screech outside the room, and the sound of the doors sliding open, would herald the arrival of Prowl, who transformed quickly from his alternate mode and strode into the room at a pace too fast for the normally-composed strategist.

"Where is Prime?" Prowl asked looking around and only seeing Kup as the ranking officer in the room. "I have several matters of paramount importance I must deliver to him personally."

"I know that you know. It's just good manners." Skywarp told Starscream with a tone that probably should belong to a newly-protoformed hatchling instead of a seasoned warrior.

Starscream... 'Screamer' would be a pretty fun nickname, but...

"Okay, Starry!" Skywarp said cheerfully as he warped away with a loud noise.

Parachute easily dodged the missile from Thundercracker. "And that's why we're the Elite." The Aerialbot sneered, but yelled in surprise as machinegun fire tore up his underbelly. "Sparrow! Fraud! You were supposed to be watching the two of them!" Parachute yelled, doing a quick barrel-roll to avoid receiving more damage.

"My target just disappeared." Defrauder said calmly.

"Mine too. Stealth systems, I reckon." Sparrowhawk said. "Jolly good, these Decepticons. Of course, they're Seekers. It's to be expected. Activate your thermal sensors." The blue-and-yellow Seeker did a quick maneuver mid-air which allowed him to aim at Starscream and opened fire at the Decepticon.

"Go blow it out of your exhaust, Sparrow." Parachute snapped back,.

A loud VVOP heralded the arrival of Skywarp, who materialized above Defrauder, and landed onto the airborne Seeker. Skywarp grabbed onto Defrauder's frame, the impact causing him to lose his target lock, and a missile that should by rights hit Thundercracker slammed instead onto a building.

"There's only room for one badass black Seeker in this planet!" Skywarp yelled.

Defrauder, nonplussed, simply ignited his engines to reorient himself. "Ah. The teleporting lunatic. I read your file." Defrauder's exostructure crackled with electricity and Skywarp yelped and let go, tumbling away into the air as he lost his grip, eventually bursting into smoke as he teleported away again. "You're not much of a threat." Defrauder concluded.

South East Border, Iacon

"Absolving all of us from blame." Scorponok told Predacon. He paused, and frowned. "As much as I'd like to blame Thunderwing or Fossil General, I believe that is your brother's idea."

A loud rumble caused Scorponok to turn around, and the Decepticon made an appreciative whistle. He turned back to Predacon and Tarantulas. "Did we really make that many?"

Scorponok gestured with a claw towards the distance. Coming from the horizon and marching towards Iacon, zipping through the Tri-Torus States unchallenged, were the Decepticon army.

Groups of advance squads of motorcycle and jet Vehicons streaked towards their direction, followed closely by rows and rows of marching Vehicons and other Decepticons from different backgrounds, marching in robot mode. Large siege engines cobbled and repurposed from construction equipment in Kaon and harvesters in Uraya rumbled amongst the ranks. A row of large tank Vehicons and Decepticons who turned into various-shaped tanks and demolition vehicles rumbled around these siege engines in their alternate modes. Above it all, flying on the head of a swarm of airborne Vehicons and Decepticons, was Obsidian.

On one flank were the zombies provided by the Hunter, shambling along, no living Decepticon daring to walk anywhere near them. Above them were a group of Insecticons, buzzing loudly, somehow domesticated enough to march with the rest of the troops. Several large Decepticons that gave Scorponok a run for his money in the height department could be seen lumbering among the ranks. And scurrying through the legs of the trooping Vehicons were tiny Minicons holding little guns and spears. Several were walking and flying in beast changeforms, weaving and stalking through the ranks.

The gladiators of Kaon marched alongside the militia of Polyhex. The ground forces of Vos and Tarn, galvanized by Sentinel Prime's apparent assassination of their leaders, joined forces for the first time ever in millennia as comrades in arms. The members of the Renegades, a band of terrorists who attempted the same thing the Decepticons did... in a much, much smaller case. The former Destrons, a group of religious fanatics who worshipped an ancient alien entity. Fighters, terrorists, gangsters, general criminals, malcontents, defected Autobots, and just about every single lowlife from all of Cybertron was marching with them.

In the forefront of the troops were a group of hastily patched-up Decepticon thugs, the unfortunate ones which had found themselves on the wrong receiving end of a group of Vehicons.

Scorponok laughed as the Decepticon army marched through the Tagan Heights, heading, slowly but surely, towards the direction of Iacon. The troops certainly could make better time than this, certainly. The legion of car and jet Vehicons marching most definitely would reach Iacon faster if they assumed their alternate modes, but Obsidian probably wanted them to march just to strike fear into the Autobots' hearts.

And, well, drama. Scorponok appreciated that Obsidian still had a sense of panache to his strategems as well, unintentional as it may be.

(Knowing his companions, Tarantulas was going to ruin the little dramatic moment any moment now)
Chip1123
Protoform

South East Border, Iacon

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin picked up the deceased soldier. "Let's go Jazz." He said, the sorrow in his voice clearly standing out. "Those slaggers have cost us enough today."

---------------

Rapido ran up to Jazz since the immediate threat had abated. "How are you holding up? May want to check back in with Prowl. Took a few tries to get through to him. May be more than we know going on."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

"Don't call me that," Starscream told Skywarp flatly. "I can still leave you behind and just tell everyone that the Autobots killed you."

When Sparrowhawk announced that he'd deduced the 'Cons were using stealth systems, Starscream switched off his cloak and activated his phase shifter. The Autobot's gunfire passed right through him, and Starscream taunted, "Maybe you shouldn't bellow your tactical discoveries across the battlefield on the same channel you're using to taunt your foes? Just a thought."

Starscream transformed into robot mode in mid-air, re-phased and fired a null ray blast at Sparrowhawk, hoping to kill the Autobot's engines. Before he saw whether it hit or not, he returned to jet mode and shot off on a totally different vector than the one he'd originally been on.

"Elite my afterburners..."

Tagan Heights

Predacon shook his head. "Uh-uh. I'm not blaming Megatron for this," he told Scorponok. "Baby brother doesn't take criticism too well, you know?"

Seeing the incoming mass of Vehicons, the scientist grinned. "I pinned the 'activate' lever down with a brick when we left," he told his comrades. "The Vector machine has been stamping them out at a rate of five per minute for two weeks now. If my math's right -- and it's me, so it is -- we should have over 100,000 Vehicons on our side by now. They probably make up nearly 1/4 of our army. And they're way more stylish than Iacon's dopey-looking Autotroopers."

He chuckled. "The Vector machines don't spit out that many sparks in a millennium under their old programming. And to think Iacon used to worry about a population collapse, with all the colonies that Zeta was sending out. Give us the keys to all the twenty-four Vectors and we'll have enough new Decepticons to populate ten new Cybertrons inside of a year!"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Well, what do you want me to call you, then? Just 'Star'? I can do that." Skywarp said as he rematerialized above Defrauder and opened fire with his machinegun while keeping himself aloft with jet boosters. "Kind of catchy, I think."

Sparrowhawk did not reply to Starscream's taunts, although the Elite Guardsman was kind of taken aback when his bullets went through the phase shifter. The Seeker banked hard to avoid the null rays, allowing them to graze his hull instead of the engines. He did feel very numb where it his, though.

"Sparrowhawk. Castling." Defrauder called out.

"Yeah, I think it's appropriate." Sparrowhawk said, and spun around mid-air to open fire at Skywarp with machineguns, surprising the Seeker and forcing him to teleport away yet again.

Defrauder banked up at a sharp angle and shot towards Starscream, launching EMP missiles to hopefully disable whatever trickery Starscream was using to conceal himself.

From the distance, Talonflame swooped in, transformed, pulled out his weapon and began to take a bead at Starscream, judging him to be the leader of the little merry band.

Tagan Heights

"Awww, Preddy is afraid of his baby brother." Scorponok chuckled at Predacon, before shrugging. "I thought you did. And that's assuming the Vector computer didn't sped up the assembly line due to the high demand."

Scorponok chuckled. "Predacon, Iacon is a city where they consider translucent exostructure and randomly chromed body parts fashionable. Of course they have no sense of what's good and what's not. I mean, I'm a businessman and you're a quack doctor and we both have a better sense of fashion than them."

"Frankly I'm surprised the Iacon guard haven't nuked the Vehicon-stamping facility yet." Scorponok shook his head. "Stupid Templars and their stupid oppressive culture. I can't believe the Senate actually cave in under their demands, though I suppose the Templars care more about meditating and dancing under the moons now than actually being peacekeepers, or, well, this wouldn't have happened."

Scorponok chuckled. "Hey, let's blow up one of the Vector computers in the cities we took over. Just to send the Templars scrambling in a panic. It'll be funny."

"Hammer, Zero, Igern." Obsidian called out to the commanders. "Begin your attack on Iacon. Draw the Autobots out. All of them."
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Shuttle

While seated, Volks crossed his arms and turned his head towards Red Alert. "I'm being positive here!" he replied. "I could've said that we we're about to fly into a deathtrap where we're going to get ripped limb from limb, have our optics fried and our sparks extinguished. But I didn't, now did I?" he added with one brow raised.

"Does it look like I'm the guy that's supposed to know who's where and does what?" Kup replied to Prowl. "I thought that was your job?" Kup waved his hand. "Never mind, don't answer. There's too much being done in the dark and there's a serious lack of leadership right now," he continued as he slammed his fist on the panel in front of him.

Kup was on edge. He could feel it in his spark that The Autobots weren't prepared enough for what's to come and that Iacon might suffer because of it. Was it fear that he was experiencing? The fear of knowing what to do if Iacon would fall?

South East Border, Iacon

"I'm fine," Jazz replied to Rapido as a medic started to work on his damaged parts. "Got a little banged up, but nothing serious. You?"

Jazz looked in the distance. "Scorponok wasn't much of a problem on his own, but I wanted to find out what else he and his friends have in store for us. Guess we'll find out soon enough. As for Prowl; he'll contact me if he needs me. You and I have can command the Autotroopers if needed until a higher ranking officer shows up."

Springer walked up to his two commanders. That sure was a short fight," he said. "Figure they were just the appetizers and that we're about the get the main course?"

Jazz nodded. "That's exactly what I think. From the way they the scouts were fighting, I think that we'll be in for quite a treat."

Tagan Heights

"Why fear Megatron when he has us to thank for such a large army?" Tarantulas said to both Predacon and Scorponok. "I don't fear him the slightest bit." Tarantulas tapped his finger together. "Then again, there's not much on this planet that I fear," he giggled. "Besides, I kind of like the idea of invading Iacon. Think of all the treasure it holds that's soon to be ours!" he said as he cackled.

"Forward, minions," he shouted to the Vehicons. "Obliterate them with all the might Team Science has given you!"

"What's wrong? Can't take the heat?" Thundercracker said to Parachute as he opened fire at the Elite Guardsman.

"Starscream," Thundercracker said. "My sonic boom generators have been fully charged. As soon as we're done playing around with these fools I can cover our escape."

Thundercracker then contacted Skywarp. "Hey screwball. Don't get yourself killed down there. I would hate to have wasted my time getting you out."
Aspiring DJ!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

OOC:

Hey Warcry, Springer. Are you guys on the shuttle? Because it's taken off, and you're still posting in the Warehouse...

Took me this long to figure out why you guys hadn't responded yet. Been looking for "Shuttle" tags. :glance:
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

ooc: Red Alert and Volks are seated in the shuttle so that would be yes. ;)
Aspiring DJ!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Tagan Heights

"Because he now has a large army?" Scorponok shrugged. "I doubt we can take on him in physical combat, though of course we wouldn't, unless if we have a particularly good reason to. Our benefactor has us on a very loose leash, if any, and we get the resources we require. It's a symbiotic relationship, Tarantulas. Neither he nor us has any reason to fear the other."

Scorponok shrugged. "For the moment."

Shuttle

"We're approaching the Soundwave facility complex." Barrel Roll called out. "How do you want me to play this? And which one of you is the ranking officer here?"

"Please. Only an uncultured savage like you would equate endurance with skill. Just because I can take hits does not mean I should, now, does it?" Parachute replied, but yelled when something hard slammed onto his top and sent him spinning slightly off-course.

The thing was a dead Autotrooper's corpse, and Skywarp hovered above where Parachute was flying, transforming into jet mode and flying down and opening fire towards Parachute with the appropriated machinegun awkwardly sticking out of a cavity meant for a slimmer weapon. "Don't worry about me, Blue! I don't die that easily!"

"It was. Which was why I took myself off the grid in order to deal with something I shall explain momentarily. Doing it in the dark was absolutely necessary." Prowl told Kup.

Sentinel Prime barged into the room, and gave Prowl an angry glare. "You! Where in the name of Primon had you disappeared off to, you idiot?" Sentinel all but snarled. "Don't you know it's protocol to inform your ranking officer -- that is, me -- of all actions you do? Especially something as critical as... as whatever crazy thing you needed to do in the dark that you deem necessary? I deem what is necessary and not! What did you do that's so important anyway, huh? Nuke Kaon?"

Prowl faced Sentinel with withering optics. "Soundwave has gone rogue. Our entire communications network is compromised. The enemy knows everything we do. I have dispatched a team do deal with it."

"That's preposterous!" Sentinel Prime snapped. "You're talking nonsense here, Prowl! Has the stress of the job finally gotten to you? Soundwave going rogue? And here I was you took the liberty of going off the grid for something completely important and NO! You decide to suddenly decide the damned internet is a Decepticon. What next? Iacon is secretly a giant transformer? And you leave this- this facility on the hands of someone incompetent as this fool here!" Sentinel jerked a finger at Watchdog. "Led to your precious mutant prisoner escaping!"

"Stop." Prowl said, his voice crisp and cold as ever. "It all makes sense. Soundwave has been feeding all our intel to the enemy since who knows when, Sentinel. He's behind the blackouts. He's how the Decepticons knew of the Maximus Project and breached it. He's wired into everything we are using. Which is why a bunch of rocket drones had been hunting down an Outlier who had the power to detect his handiwork. Which is why Volks is unable to penetrate the hacking -- Soundwave has been hacking into his computer and adapting to everything he did. It explains the false feed that we got from Praxus -- only Soundwave has enough access to do it without us being tripped. It explains why Broadblast's team has not reported back yet. Which means we have lost the element of surprise. Everything from Magnus to Quickswitch to our very positioning of troops have been compromised, Sentinel. If you can't grasp the enormity of our disadvantage right now..."

Sentinel snorted. "Say you're correct. Which, despite your track record, I highly doubt you are. Then what? We pass little messages instead of using our commlinks? We blow up all our autoguns in case Soundwave takes them over? We fight blind?"

"Better to fight blind than to feed the Decepticons everything we do." Prowl replied, before turning to Watchdog. "Shut down the entire comms network. Only use them for absolutely necessary reports. Tell all the commanders in the field."

"BELAY THAT ORDER!" Sentinel roared. "I will not have you upstage my authority, Prowl!"

"This is not- this is not me upstaging, Sentinel." Prowl snapped at the Prime. "I am merely doing my job."

"By cutting us off blind? You're just frustrated that all your contingencies did not work out! Maximus was taken out, your brother doesn't seem to be able to come through with the Supreme-class Sentinel, the six-changer is a barely-sane nutjob, that stupid Mutie program blew up in your face when a psychopath teleporter showed up, the Elite Guard is dogfighting above us right now and you pick THIS MOMENT to flip out?" Sentinel shook his head. "You're more competent than this, Prowl. Soundwave is an AI! He has a spark, yes, but you should know better than anyone he's nothing but a smart computer! They probably just had a team of hackers, or had a passcode to the satellites or something! Who did you waste sending up there?"

"A smart computer which, apparently, outsmarted every person in this room and facilitated half of Cybertron being conquered by terrorists." Prowl replied. "I took the liberty of making the team out of the best-"

"ANSWER! MY! QUESTION! SOLDIER! You do NOT talk back with snippy remarks to me, Prowl!" Sentinel roared.

"Roadbuster. Volks. Hound. Barrel Roll." Prowl replied, not flinching.

"VOLKS? What are you- he's necessary for- you said it yourself! He's the only chance of us getting through their hackers!" Sentinel shook his head.

"My sentiments exactly. Sir." Prowl said.

"Don't get snippy with me, soldier!" Sentinel Prime snarled. "And a four-man team? Sending an Elite Guardsman, our best tracker and our best weapons specialist on a fool's errand?"

Prowl shrugged. "In addition, there is also a police officer I deputized, and the aforementioned civilian. Who I had recruited into the military."

"You're doing what? You suspect the internet of being a Decepticon, but you deputize two random people off the street?" Sentinel Prime shook his head. "I want your 'team' back here NOW!"

"Impossible." Prowl replied.

"THAT! IS AN! ORDER!" Sentinel roared.

"I meant physically impossible. The shuttle they departed in is completely disconnected to any sort of radio signals of any sort that Soundwave can hack into, and thus Soundwave -- and us, for that matter -- do not possess the capacity to contact them." Prowl shrugged.

"You- you're sending them with an order to BLOW UP OUR ENTIRE COMMUNICATIONS GRID and... you know, civilians... former soldiers... and I turned a blind eye for that Sprung character... six-changers..." Sentinel paused. "But Prowl -- it appears entrusting you as second-in-command in this moment of crisis has been a... mistake. You might have doomed us all at a critical moment if your team succeeds. You need some time to clear your head, and depending on what damage you did to Soundwave or the team you doomed by sending up there, you will face court-martial after the war. Kup, take over Prowl's position. Rapido will take over the strategist role."

"This is preposterous." Prowl said, visibly taken aback. "You cannot be serious. The threat is real, sir! And if you demote me right now, in addition to the time needed to brief the replacements, Rapido is needed in the front lines-"

"Then you can continue to be productive and replace Rapido in the front lines, can't you?" Sentinel said. "Or do you have a problem with my strategy?"

"Obviously, sir." Prowl replied. "I mean no disrespect to Rapido, but he is a field strategist. Our skillsets compliment each other and although given time we could be switched-"

"Oh, so it's about getting your precious shiny hide away from the dirty work the soldiers are doing now, is it?" Sentinel Prime snapped. "Well, Prowl, I am PRIME, and I am officially demoting you to the rank of field officer!"

"This is madness!" Prowl said, raising his voice slightly. "We are at a time of crisis, sir, and I really think the logical option is to simply continue with-"

"AND YOU ARE DELIBERATELY CHALLENGING THE PRIME!" Sentinel roared. "Do you think just because you're just a little smart you can have the audacity, and give ME, the Prime, orders?! One more word out of you and you will spend your time in the brig recently vacated by that Seeker!" He opened a commlink. "RAPIDO! This is Prime! Get back to the War Room, you've been promoted! Prowl will oversee things there."

Prowl opened his mouth, as if to say something, before turning around and walking out of the room. "I shall defer to your authority, Sentinel. It is far more efficient to agree to your command than to argue further." Prowl gave Kup a sidelong glance that visibly said 'keep him in check' before walking out.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Shuttle

Hound had been watching Raiku for the majority of their trip, observing the mechanic as he looked out the window out at deep space. He had been doing that ever since the shuttle ride had smoothed out as they left the atmosphere, taking in a sight that few had ever seen before, or ever would.

Hound had to remind himself not to think of Raiku as a kid - he was about the same age as himself - but there was a certain naivety about him that was hard to ignore.

No, not naïve... Hound told himself. Just different. He's as much out of his element up here or in the military base as I would be in the tunnels. He isn't any less knowledgeable, his knowledge is just different from my own, and that can only benefit us so long as we work as a team.

Hound looked up finally as Barrel Roll addressed the group, frowning as he mentioned a ranking officer. It was a good question. None of them were really any sort of comparable rank, and they were all different departments. Hound was used to taking orders, not giving them; Roadbuster had seniority, but he'd probably be too busy shooting things to try to organize the rest of them; Volks was bound to be equally occupied with dealing with Soundwave; and Red Alert and Raiku were both still pretty much civilians.

"I volunteer."

Hound was jolted out of his thoughts by the sound of Raiku speaking up beside him. He looked over to see the other mech continuing with an expression that looked like he had already been thinking hard about this.

"Soundwave's probably gonna try to kill off whoever he thinks is leading the group first, and I already have experience with that. I'll have to be watching for what Soundwave's doing to warn you guys to watch out, and that's gonna be pretty close to giving out orders anyways," Raiku explained with a solemn tone. "I'm not gonna stand in anyone's way if they want to take rank over me, if I have any rank to begin with anyways, but if someone's gonna be in more danger, might as well be me. It's sorta my fault we're all up here to begin with."