[New RPG] A House Divided: Iacon (Autobot)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border, Iacon

“Do not mind my feelings, Rapido.” Prowl replied to the other strategist. “I’m frankly pleased that it is you who took my place… you’re probably the only Autobot I trust with that position right now. Before you meet Sentinel, stop by my office. Before I left the base, I have placed all information required of my off-site dealings in a datapad in my office. Your new rank should allow you access to the office. The datapad is sealed off from communications. It’s for your eyes only… I do not trust the radio at this point in time. Try to keep our esteemed leader from doing anything too stupid.”

Rapido would, in Prowl’s office, find a datapad containing the files detailing Skywarp’s attack on the base, the interrogation, Raiku and the recent developments regarding Soundwave.

“Good luck, Rapido.” Prowl replied, before turning to Jazz, and shook his head. “I should really have taken his temper into account. But considering what happened, I think what Sentinel did was inevitable. In short, Soundwave has gone rogue, I sent a team to deal with it since you’re on the frontlines, and Sentinel kind of didn’t believe me. I find it far more practical for all of us to allow him to get his way.”

Prowl gave Springer a brief glance before turning back to Jazz. “You’re the field commander here, Jazz. You have command, and I shall advice and activate certain… contingencies as needed. Not that I do not trust you, but explaining them all will take too much time, time I wouldn’t need. Though I do agree with your assessment… at the moment, I predict that they’re going to overwhelm us out here, try to draw out the rest of the reserves. Take them all out as soon as possible before we bring out the big guns.”

Tagan Heights

Scorponok shrugged. “I might let you two do it. Whatever happens I think it will be entertaining.” He shrugged as the paramedic clambered onto his back. “Watch it! Hmm, I do believe I should invent medics that are far smaller… less annoyance.”

He shrugged. “Where were we? Ah, yes. Entertainment. Whatever shall we do now?”

Good, Obsidian observed as Hammer took on a position similar to his own. This young Vehicon is certainly shaping up to be a pretty good leader himself. Obsidian’s optics narrowed as he took stock of the troops. Scouting reports from them filtered in, and he nodded. Only a smattering of soldiers holding the fort, while the rest is inside the walls. This should not be too hard.

“Begin.” Obsidian whispered to himself as he clicked off his communicator for a moment. “Come, Iacon, Jewel of Cybertron. It is far overdue for yourself to be polished anew and be cleansed of your taints. You have crumbled under the yokes of a corrupted Prime and Knighthood. Rest assured, Cybertron… your reign shall begin once more. Starting with this engagement.”

Obsidian allowed himself a moment before clicking on his communications back on. “Stasrscream.” Obsidian said. “Are you still in the vicinity of the Autobots’ military encampment?”

Skies, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

“Me too. Small world, is it not?” Sparrowhawk asked Thundercracker as he banked upwards after the other blue Seeker, launching several missiles at the Decepticon. “Just because I have these elongated wings does not make me any less of a Seeker, no?”

Parachute growled as the acid clouds obscured his target, forced to dive before he flew too far away from the base – Aerialbots were not built to withstand as much pressure as Seeker models – but he did not expect Starscream to fly back down and open fire. Screaming as an engine blew up, Parachute’s internal workings exploded, causing flames to break out all over his body. The Elite Guardsman transformed out of his robot mode, unconscious, and plummeted straight down towards the ground, falling past Thundercracker and Sparrowhawk, past Skywarp and Defrauder…

War Room, Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Sentinel Prime glared at Kup. “No one is perfect, Kup. You of all people should know that. I do not have blind faith in Soundwave – for all I know, the Decepticons might have corrupted it or taken the facility over. It’s why I didn’t do anything to the team who went up there. But what he is proposing, and the manner in which he handled it… are simply incorrigible. Just because I give him a loose leash does not mean he is allowed to do whatever the hell he wants without following procedure.”

He paused. “And that was what I had been tasking Volks to do. Clearly the Decepticons don’t have everything, or they wouldn’t have sent the teleporting Seeker to take out the War Room.”

Soundwave Facility

“Shut up. I’m not going to be the pilot that dies within five minutes of dropping the heroes.” Barrel Roll told Volks. “You know, in real life, escape-route pilots only have like a 32% mortality rate as opposed to the near-100% in the movies?”

Barrel Roll gripped the steering wheel hard. Elite Guard he may be, but he was not immune to fear either.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

OOC: Removed to better suit flow of events

South East Border, Iacon

Passing through some of the more uneven terrain around the border, a metallic cat-reptile creature would be seen approaching the Autobot post, headed particularly in the direction of Jazz and Prowl.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Vector Sigma:

Orion gazed off into the gloom. Giving a sidelong glance at Yoketron, he stepped forward. "I'm guessing we have the right place?"

Soundwave Facility:

Roadbuster prepared to get off of the shuttle, assualt rifle in one hand, linear blaster cannon in the other, mentally reviewing the map of the facility.

War Room:

Ironhide watched Kup and Sentinel yell at each other. And somewhere, deep down inside, that nagging little doubt reared it's ugly head.

It nestled down deep, among the part of him that felt old, unable to keep up with this younger generation. The doubt found a good home there.

It was nestled in among his self doubts. But this doubt was founded in more in what he was witnessing, and it said simply this: Sentinel's the wrong one to lead us.

It pointed to all the suspicions that had flowed through his mind when Sentinel first announced that Zeta had chosen him to be the new Prime.

Which, unfortunately, lead to one other question. If not Sentinel, then who? Or would it be better to try to browbeat some sense into Sentinel?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Vector Sigma

Yoketron was looking about the darkness and shallow lights, not immediately answering Orion. Though he gave all the outward visual appearances of calm, you could feel an unease from him. Or perhaps it was the environment around them. For what was supposed to be the main hub of life on Cybertron, there was a distinct feeling of foreboding in this place...

There was a movement in the darkness beside Orion, followed by the sound of a breath, and the glow of yellow-green optics appearing in a cold glare.

"Who dares..."

"Keeper."

Yoketron had turned back around, now facing the glowing optics with a calm, stoic stature. He intentionally ignored the question. "There is a crisis on the surface-"

"That is one opinion," The Keeper spoke, cutting off further explanation from Yoketron. The movement of the optics seemed to indicate the Keeper turning his back on Yoketron.

"Keeper, you must listen..."

"I owe nothing to an indecisive old Temple Knight who remains haunted by his own hesitation that says I 'must' listen..." The Keeper seemed to be examining the workings of the Vector computer, sparing Yoketron no heed other than the courtesy of bothering to speak to him. "With the passing of time, any indecision becomes decision, and you cast yours long ago."

Yoketron said nothing this time, just staring at the optics in the dark. It was useless for him to try speaking further - this was all the Keeper ever spoke to him about. He would not let Yoketron move past it.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Vector Sigma:

"With respect, if you won't listen to him, Keeper, perhaps you will listen to me." Orion stared at the Keeper's back. "War is coming."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Skies above Sentinel Prime Defence Base

Starscream replied to Obsidian bluntly, "You could say that. What do you want?"

He followed the crashing Parachute down, tracking him with his machine guns in case the Autobot was only playing dead.

Tagan Heights

Predacon shrugged. "Whatever. After the Vehicons swarm over that wall, we'll have more than enough to keep us busy," he told Scorponok. "Autobots being what they are, at least some of them will be too brave or dumb to stand down so we'll get to cut them to pieces for fun."

As soon as he heard Obsidian's "Begin" order, Hammer gave the all-clear to the bomber wing. The mixed group of Vehicons and freed prisoners broke from their holding pattern and swooped north, mixing gracefully into a single mass of aircraft as they flew towards the Autobots' border stations. The smaller, faster jets took the lead in the formation, preparing to draw the Autobots' fire away from the slower, more heavily-laden bombers bringing up the rear.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

OOC:

Ignoring Red was not intentional, managed to miss reading that in the post. Removed my section so Warcry can fix up his post for what his character needs to do. Sorry for any confusion anyone.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

OOC: That was uncalled for on my part. Sorry. :( I'll post something proper with Red tonight.
Chip1123
Protoform

Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Post by Chip1123 »

Rapido veered off towards Prowl's office when Prowl informed him of the datapad. He knew he would have to be quick as Sentinel was expecting him there and, by the sounds of it, he wasn't in the mood for delays.

Rapido entered Prowl's office and went to the desk. The datapad was on it, as Prowl said it would be. He picked it up and identified himself, giving his access code, and the datapad unlocked. He skimmed the info as fast as he could, downloading the rest for more intensive study later. The most troubling thing was the part about Soundwave. Operating around that would be tricky.

Encrypting the datapad once more, Rapido walked out of the office and to the War Room. It wouldn't take long to get there from Prowl's office, but Rapido would use whatever time he could to go over the details of Prowl's reports.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

(ooc@ RPGstaff: I currently have only have time to RP on Wednesday and Sunday. If my characters need to be moved or something because you have to wait too long, feel free to do so :))

South East Border, Iacon

"We're about to go to hell," Jazz replied to Rapido over the com. "Looks like the Decepticons are going to come at us with full force now," he added as he saw the Decepticons approach in the distance.

Jazz scratched the back of his head when Prowl mentioned that he was in command. "Not really used to command an army," he said to his former commander. "I work better with only a handful of people, you know that." Jazz sighed. "No time for insecurities I suppose," he said as he walked a few steps forward. "Alright Autotrooper Battalion Alpha and Beta! Form a line and do not let these 'Cons get access to the city! Deal with the ground forces and terminate with extreme prejudice!" Jazz looked up. "Gunners stationed on the walls! Try to take out as many of them as quick as you can before they can get close. Your primary targets are the fliers. Make sure they drop anything on our heads that can kill us!"

Jazz turned to face the mechs that were about to head into battle. "I'm not much of a speech guy and I'm not going to give you one either, but I'll tell you guys this: If this is the day we die, then let's take a whole lot of these spawns of glitches with us!" Jazz shouted as he raised his rifle. "Whatever happens; hold the line! When I give the order, we will charge them head on!"

Soundwave Facility

More famous words from a deadmech walking," Volks said to Barrel Roll as he followed Red Alert out. Volks didn't know what it was that made him make jokes in a situation like this, but it must've been the anxiety. All he could think about was ending up the same way as his friend from the War Room.

"Hope you're as good as you think you are," Volks said to the police officer. I'd hate to pull your skid plate out of the fire," he added.

You of all people? What in the blazes was that supposed to mean, Kup thought to himself. He shook his head in disbelief. Never in his long life had Kup ever doubted a Prime. First time for everything he thought.

South East Border, Iacon

Springer looked in the distance. While Jazz rallied the troops the best that he could, he prepared himself for probably the biggest battle he'll ever be in. Hordes of Vehicons were storming their way towards them, but Springer did flinch one bit. If this indeed was the day that he would die, than at least he would find comfort in the thought that he would die on the right side of the war. That he would die as an Autobot.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

OOC: Just to make note as more are popping up, Red Alert was blocking the shuttle door in a previous post, so he has to be the first one off. I missed seeing this and started a chain of posts, for which I appologize. No-one should be off the shuttle yet. Please adjust your posts if you have done this, or save it for after Warcry has reposted. Thanks!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Vector Sigma

"War is already upon us. Anyone too blind to not see it even now will not survive it," The Keeper told Orion coldly. "This age is ending, and I will not mourn its passing."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Vector Sigma:

"Perhaps I hope for a peaceful resolution to this, before more lives are lost needlessly. Probably a foolish one. But I will not let it blind me to what's coming." Orion narrowed his optics. "We are here because we believe Megatron is going to attempt to take control of Vector Sigma."

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

Red Alert stepped through the hatch into the hangar, optics narrowed. "Stay right there," he snapped at Volks. "This entire place is crawling with traps. Take one wrong step and you're likely to blow yourself up."

Red Alert scanned the room visually, using his trained eye and keen visual acuity to spot the dangers. He passed his gaze over the entrances, the vehicles, load-lifters and equipment, the cargo and the features of the room itself. It was just like analyzing a crime scene...except that this crime scene was still active and the culprit was watching their every move from afar.

"The main door is boobytrapped," he announced. "Obviously and prominently. Soundwave probably wanted us to see that one. Ventilation shaft covers are not, at least not obviously, but none of us are Minicons so that's not an option. Several floor tiles have been recently pulled up -- I can see fresh tool marks on them. We're probably looking at simple pressure-triggered mines, but they might be something more sinister. The lights in the far corner are out. I can't make out anything overtly hostile, but there are a lot of crates back there. I'm guessing their either concealing a proximity-triggered weapon, or artfully arranged to hide a hole in the floor leading to a death trap. And last but not least..." he gestured toward the other shuttle in the hangar, "laser tripwires all around that. Probably set to trigger a bomb when to pass through. On the up-side, that," he pointed up to an observation window at the top of the hangar, three Transformer-sized stories up, "doesn't appear to be trapped. It's the safest entrance I can see, unless one of you sees something I don't. But if we want to go through there, I have no idea how to get up there."

The police officer glanced over his shoulder at Hound and asked, "Can you project holograms over the traps so none of us trip them by accident?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border, Iacon

Prowl glanced at Terabolt, and gave her a curt nod. “Greetings, Knight Terabolt.” The Autobot said, making a polite gesture of greeting affiliated with the Knights. “I regret that the situation is not an ideal one to exchange pleasantries.”

Prowl gave Jazz a nod and smile. “Joint command it is, then.” The Autobot remained stoic as the swarm of Vehicons charge towards them. The Autotroopers Jazz commanded likewise charged into position on his left and right. “Do not focus too much on the initial waves, gunners!” Prowl yelled. “Take them out, but the primary targets are anything resembling bombers. Nucleon rounds and thermal rockets are authorized.”

Towers transformed and cannons rotated as they began to unload heat-seeking missiles, cluster missiles and other forms of anti-aircraft ordnances at the incoming waves of Vehicons. Several Autotroopers with jet alternate modes shot up to engage the front-liners and pepper them with machinegun fire to slow them down for the anti-aircraft cannons.

Prowl gave Jazz a dry chuckle. “I do hope death does not compute into this one battle, though it is becoming increasingly likely.” Prowl cocked his acid-pellet rifle, aimed it into the charging Vehicon squads, took aim at a head and pressed the trigger. He did not miss. “Topspin, Tracks, what are your positions?” The Autobot said into his commlink.

Tagan Heights

“The Autobots are already crippled, though they do not know it. But your team is in a very ideal position to crush their leadership and morale even further.” Obsidian told Starscream, ignoring the Seeker’s contemptuous tone. “Skywarp alone cannot act on complex instructions beyond ‘destroy the rooms marked on this map’, but you, as lieutenant of the Aerospace Division, I believe you and the two Seekers with you can obliterate the entire Autobot command element in this so-called ‘War Academy’. It’s not the only military base in Iacon, but it’s the main one...”

Obsidian paused as he forwarded a map of the War Academy to Starscream. “Evidence shows that they have been planning their moves and coordinating in this room. Reach there and... well, leveling the building should be a good start. Your subordinates should have ideal abilities to do the task. It is a good chance the Prime is there as well.” He paused. “After you eliminate the military command element, you might want to consider doing in the civilian Senate as well.”

Obsidian watched with satisfaction as the Vehicons and Decepticons moved, though he frowned. “Vehicon Squad 64, increase speed to keep up. You are lagging behind. Renegade Airborne Squad 3, decrease speed unless you are volunteering to draw fire, in which case go on ahead…”

“Personally would like to pay a visit the Senate chambers.” Scorponok told Predacon. “Megatron would need something like the Senate, except, you know, subservient to him instead of the other way around with the Primes. And who better to be the new Senate than a former Senator?”

Scorponok paused. “That’s a good idea. I’m going to call up Captain Buggy up there and claim dibs.”

Sentinel Prime noted the tension coming from both Kup and Ironhide, but either consciously or otherwise, the Prime did not address his makeshift bodyguard and his former teacher. It’s a good thing they said nothing, or he would’ve gotten rid of two useful soldiers within minutes of each other.

Old fools. Too used they are to have Zeta Prime kowtow to every one of their whims. Prowl, Kup, Ironhide, the Knights, the Senate… bah! He is Prime.

He is Sentinel Prime.

He will not subordinate himself to anyone. He is no one’s servant. He is Sentinel Prime.

The Prime whirled around. “Is Rapido here yet? I need my new chief strategist to strategize! Talonflame! Why are three Seekers giving you trouble? Get back in there!”

Skies above Sentinel Prime Defense Base

Parachute would land on one of the turrets dotting the buildings that comprised the Sentinel Prime Defence Base, setting off a massive explosion that no doubt led to the perishing of all those within.

“Bastard!” Defrauder yelled, but his split-second of distraction cost him. A loud VVOP heralded Skywarp teleporting above him once more in robot mode… arm pointed down towards Defrauder, holding the stolen Autobot gun, half of which is entrenched within Defrauder’s own frame. Metal and matter warped, fused and bent in unnatural directions as two things that should not occupy the same spatial space did.

“I don’t like doing this, you know.” Skywarp said, as Defrauder made a strangled gagging noise as Skywarp’s gun fused and warped part of his internal systems. “Very dangerous. Very hard to aim properly. Might lose my arm. I like my arm.”

Skywarp let loose with a psychotic laugh as he pressed the trigger. The gun erupted straight into Defrauder’s innards before the weapon’s altered form jammed. And Skywarp jumped off from the wounded Elite Guardsman, firing his own jet boots to further damage the Autobot.

Soundwave Facility

Barrel Roll shrugged at Volks. “Good luck to you too, shortie.” As he waited for Red Alert to scout and allow the rest of the team to disembark, Barrel Roll tapped the side of his panel in nervous impatience.

“Maybe I should come down there with you.” He muttered. “I’m a Guardsman. I don’t… nah, forget it. it’s the nerves talking.”
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

South East Border, Iacon

"Good. 'Cause I'm not here to be pleasant," Terabolt answered to Prowl. "Not to say I won't be for you guys, but I'm out here specifically to be unpleasant to the big load of nasty headed your way. Knights are chattering about troops on the move - most are getting recalled back to reinforce positions, but those of us out and about are getting sent to help you guys."

Terabolt remained in her beast form, but now that she'd finished explaining her presence to Jazz and Prowl, she turned specifically to the intelligence officer. "So what did you do to get exiled out here? Your type's supposed to be behind a desk. Not the best time to be dusting off your old skills if that's the case."

Soundwave Facility

Raiku followed behind Red Alert as the officer exited the ship, pausing at the hatchway to take another visual scan with his ability. He saw little that was helpful, his sight clouded by the sheer amount of energon flowing through the facility that Soundwave used to keep himself running, and everywhere was the distortion caused by Soundwave's presence. He had never been in a site that had so much equipment and power-flow through it. It was like looking through the surface of a disturbed pool, trying to interpret an image scrabbled by the movement - it was overwhelming.

Raiku closed his eyes and shook his head, as though trying to clear things a bit before looking around again. He tried to take in a few more energon frequencies as he'd mentioned to Prowl, to try to clear up the picture. It started to help some, but his head began to hurt - it was just too much.

Raiku stopped looking at the energy patterns, putting a hand to the side of his head to sooth himself briefly before looking up at Red Alert and listening to the analysis. The number of traps he was talking about was...bewildering. Raiku looked around normally at the room, only able to spot the out lights, and the modifications to the floor. He might as well have been blind to everything else.

Hound had stepped off the shuttle to come up a bit behind and beside Red Alert, looking around at the indicated perils, nodding as he took note of them. Hound had been trained to look for those sort of things as a scout, but Red Alert put him to shame at the sheer speed and distance he'd detected them from. Hound of course had only been taught and trained for these things, not really encountering them in his usual duties, and would have to almost be on top of them before he'd noted them.

"Ever think about scouting for the military? Or at least teaching us your tricks. You'd put all my instructors to shame," Hound told him, managing to keep his tone upbeat, given the circumstances they were in. While speaking he was scanning the area, compiling it with the information Red Alert had providing them. A few moments later and Hound would project his newly-generated, full-sized map, overlaying the traps with bright glowing indicators, and estimated radius markers for where the proximity detectors were.

"Don't get too close, those are only best guesses on the detectors."

Vector Sigma

"So naïve..." The Keeper would say, seeming to speak to himself. Finally, he turned to his head a bit in Orion's direction. "By what regard have you come to such a conclusion? How do you know so well the mind of another that you have never met?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border, Iacon

Prowl chuckled dryly at Terabolt's joke. "It's good to see some of them are mobilized, at least. Sentinel was worried you guys would be late to the party." He paused. "Are you aware if any of the other Vector nodes been hit?"

He shrugged. "Internal conflict, Terabolt. Something I won't bother you with." The Autobot's lower left arm slid open and his tonfa moved out from it and into place, allowing Prowl to grip the handle, and gave Terabolt a knowing smile. "Dusting off old skills? You assume I stopped practicing them?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

South East Border, Iacon

"I seem to remember you getting booted out for a lack of dedication," Terabolt answered smoothly as Prowl showed off the tonfa. "I might not have see them throwing you out on your skidplate, but it was pretty clear even to a sparkling that you were getting drummed out, albeit gracefully."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

South East Border, Iacon

"You remembered wrong, then." Prowl replied to Terabolt. "I quit. It was a civil and mature conversation between both parties when both the masters and I realized I was not cut out for this. Too pragmatic and not enough faith. I agreed, they agreed." He shrugged. "Just as well I quit when I did. Being a Knight isn't for everyone, you know. Book of Quintus Prime, chapter eight, verse sixteen: 'Squander not the talents Primus has bestowed to you; choose your path wisely and you shall be blessed.' There are people kicked out from the Knights ungracefully, but there are some, like me, who wish to quit."

He paused. "I had enough respect for the Temple Knights to do so before I become one of you, at least. It's a past which I do not like to dwell on often... not because I do not like to be associated with the Knights, but rather the other way around."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

South East Border, Iacon

"Oiy, you Templars, all the same. First you realize you don't get to be full blown Knights, then you get hit with the realization that real work goes along with it, not just standing outside a building and looking impressive. Is having to sweep and mop really that big a deal-breaker?"

At this point it was becoming apparent that Terabolt had been teasing him the entire time, though it seemed Prowl didn't pick up on it at first.

"Look on the bright side - you guys got paid. I still have to petition the elders for credits if I want to get my headplate repainted." She turned and looked over at Jazz. "Then again, not much different with the military, is it? Paid, but still gotta fall in line."