[New RPG] A House Divided: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Valvolux

Dirge was still giving 'Ramjet' a funny look, mostly because he was still piecing together the info. Clearly Skyquake had sent someone to follow Dirge, probably to spy on him and evaluate him in case he was misleading them, or maybe even one of the vehicons was reporting in on silent com. Scrap, it could've been Mr. Datapad doing the tabbing trying to find a reason to make Dirge look bad.

Regardless of the actual circumstances, Dirge was glad for the backup. It was high time someone gave Knock Out his come-up-ings, and Dirge could think of no better situation than this.

"Name's Dirge. Nice to meet you, Ramjet," Dirge said more out of being polite to potential coworker than anything else. While talking he had reached down and grabbed hold of Knockout by part of his shoulder platting, hauling the unconscious form up to eye level. "I'll be trading in this heap of parts for a Decepticon badge. Most useful thing this guy's ever done," He said with a grin.

Dirge could've passed the unconscious form off to the two Vehicons that had come up behind him, but he wanted to be sure this prize stayed in his possession, and thusly slung Knock Out over his shoulder as he started to turn around to head back to the hover vehicle. "Let's go boys, the boss is waiting."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Sixshot nodded, a slight excited tinge in his voice. "Expansion outside our planet. Neverending conquering. That would be grand indeed, brother."

Sixshot tilted his head. "I talk to you two most of the time, but I have... attempted conversation with the jet Vehicons that attacked Kaon with us. They were... afraid. I apologize -- I suppose that is unfair judgment coming from me."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Northern Border, Praxus

Brick wasn't keen on the whole "expansion" thing, but didn't say so to Sixshot because he didn't want to look weak in front of his big brother. So he brushed off the comment and said instead, "Well, hey, they just don't know you like we do!"

He waved at two of the car Vehicons nearby. "Hey you guys! Drivetrain and Breakneck, yeah? Come over here for a sec! Sixshot wants to talk to you."

The two cars exchanged glances before coming over. "Okay," Breakneck said. "Uh...whatever it is, we didn't do it, okay?"

Valvolux

"Welcome to the team, in that case," Ramjet told Dirge. He waved to the Vehicons before asking the other seeker, "So what'd this guy do, anyway? Ain't never seen this big of a manhunt around these parts before. Well, okay, once. But that was when the whole 'Bomb-Burst' business was going on. You remember that? Sicko killing people and drinking their fuel?" Ramjet chuckled. "Funny thing...dude's on our side, now. Megatron sprung him, along with a bunch of others Zeta wanted ta slag. But this guy...Skyquake comes out to deal with things himself, they must want him real bad, yeah?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

"I suppose." Sixshot told Brick, nodding. He felt a little ashamed to have the same mindset as the other non-Vehicon Decepticons. But Brick was... kind enough.

He regarded the two car Vehicons -- Drivetrain and Breakneck -- and bowed his head a little. It felt appropriate as a greeting. "Do not be alarmed." Sixshot told the two, noting the uneasiness they displayed. "I merely wish to get to know my fellow troops better."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Valvolux

Dirge had started to head back towards where the hover-vehicle had been parked, looking back over his shoulder at Ramjet as the other seeker carried on.

"Bad? Nah, not this guy here. Sure, he's a lousy employer, but he ain't dangerous or anything like those other guys," Dirge answered. "He's a doctor, proper training and everything. Instead of having to deal with sick people though he set up his little 'clinics' to do elective surgery to make big credits on upgrades and stuff. Thing is if you're not 'important' enough or paying him enough, or you're cutting into his personal time, he can cut corner corners on your work.

"Of course this hasn't made him too popular with some people," Dirge continued. "He's gotten so good at the running and hiding, when Skyquake's boys came looking for him, he gave them the slip and kept them running around. Guess they're getting pretty ticked off with him always being on their list of conscripts whenever they roll into town."

Soon enough the hover-vehicle finally came into view as Dirge came out of the last alleyway, and he smiled broadly on seeing it. He started heading for it, looking around for Skyquake. "Hey boss! One fresh medic here, gift-wrapped and delivered!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Northern Border, Praxus

Drivetrain scratched his head, then looked at Brick. "This is a trick, isn't it? He's going to kill us."

"No, he's not going to--"

Can't trust these damned flyboys, I keep telling you!" Breakneck told his partner. "They're not our kind of people. But no...they're Vehicons too, you said. Wings or wheels don't make a difference, you said..."

Brick looked over at Sixshot, shrugging. "There you go. Keep in mind I never said they had good personalities..."

Valvolux

"Sounds dangerous to me," Ramjet told Dirge. "I mean, not dangerous like we are with the shootin' and the beatings, but messin' up his patients on purpose ain't right."

He waved at Skyquake as they arrived back at the wagon.

"Hey boss! Don't let blue boy here take the credit, it was all me."

Skyquake looked contemptuously down on the two seekers. "I'm sure. Well, regardless, toss him him the wagon with the rest of the recruits." He looked at the doctor pensively, then frowned. "On second thought, go with him in case he decides to try anything funny when he wakes up. We're done here, so the transport's heading right out to the spaceport and then up to the Nemesis."

Smiling cruelly down at Knock Out, he said, "Welcome to the war, doctor."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

"Duly noted." Sixshot whispered back to Brick. "Still, good to know."

He turned to Drivetrain. "Why would I want to kill you? We're all on the same side." He turned into Breakneck, and tilted his head, transformed into his armored car mode, into jet mode, then back into his robot mode. "Shouldn't be too different." Sixshot mused. "No reason why we can't get along."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Valvolux

"Yeah yeah, I found him, we corralled and flushed him, and he hit him," Dirge answered to Ramjet, as though the details were completely unimportant. "What matters is we got him."

Knock Out had started to come back around as Skyquake spoke, but he was still very disoriented from the blow to the head, only vaguely catching the words. War? Knock Out opened his optics, to be greeted by the sight of the hovertruck, and several other unfortunate mechs already bound and strapped inside.

"Oh no, no, NO!!" Knockout's last cry came out just as Dirge had hauled him off his shoulder and thrown him into the truck. The doctor lofted, crashed, then rolled to the back of the truck, where a pair of vehicons were ready to jump on him the instant he came to a stop. Faster than the doc could yelp, they had slapped a pair of inhibitor cuffs on his wrists and shackled his ankles. He was then shoved into a seat on the bench beside some other vagrant and strapped in for the ride.

While the vehicons were handling Knock Out, Dirge happily hopped into the back of the hovertruck, going to find a spot to get situated.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Northern Border, Praxus

"Uh...because you're a giant killing machine?" Drivetrain said timidly in answer to Sixshot's question. "Killing is, uh, all you do, right? I just thought..." He trailed off, his featureless face somehow expressing feelings of revulsion as he watched the sixchanger switch to two alt-modes in quick succession.

Breakneck said snarkily, "Yeah, that's not creepy or intimidating at all, big guy..."

Valvolux

Ramjet hauled himself up into the wagon and dropped into an empty seat across from Dirge. "So...what now? Do we beat up the loudmouth doc so the rest of these mooks don't get any ideas?"

He glared at the other "recruits", but they avoided eye contact from the bigger Decepticon. Ramjet wasn't surprised. If his military body type and rough bearing didn't scare them straight, the gigantic laser cannons strapped to his upper arms certainly would.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hovertruck - In Transit

Dirge had been seated across from Knock Out so as to keep an eye on the doctor (and watch him squirm). This put Ramjet sitting squarely next to Knock Out, which the doctor seemed even less thrilled about. Strapped in as he was, though, there was little he could do aside from try (futily) to lean away from the seeker and grit his teeth in a nervous gesture.

"Ramjet, please. These are our fellow Decepticons. We should be helping them prepare!" Dirge told the other seeker, though his tone was plainly less than sincere. "We should be instructing them about all the things they have to look forward to on the front line. After all, we don't want them being surprised by how they wind up dying, do we?"

Dirge knew well from Mr. Datapad earlier that Knock Out was going to be medical, not a front-liner like the rest of these wretches, but it wasn't as if he had to know that. What better way to pass the time than by torturing all these low-lifes with their impending fates.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Sixshot tilted his head. "Not at the moment, no." He told Drivetrain, noting the rather... disgusted feeling on the car Vehicon. "Is that really what you think? Killing is all I do?"

Is that a bad thing?

Not necessarily, no.

He turned to Breackneck. "It was not my intention to be either one of them."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hovertruck - In Transit

Ramjet chuckled as Dirge started telling the recruits horror stories about how they're going to die.

"No Blue, you got it all wrong! We want 'em to be afraid of what we'll do to them if they fail, not what the Autobots'll do to 'em." He glared at the recruits. "'Cause, just to be clear, you boys had better kill you some 'Bots. You don't, you answer to me an' my fists. You can ask Doctor McShiny over here what that's like."

He elbowed Knock Out in a jocular but rough manner.

"Eh? Eh?"

Their transport came to a stop. Then after a couple moments of waiting it started to move again -- this time, upwards.

"Riding the space el'vator now," he told the recruits. "No running away for you punks anymore, not unless you like fallin' to your deaths. Or unless you're planes. Then me an' Dirge shoot you down."

Northern Border, Praxus

"You do anything else?" Drivetrain asked Sixshot. "Not joking, I'd really like to know. Because it looks like all you do is kill, then brood when there's nothing that needs more killing. Which is fine and all, we just don't want to be on the list of things you've sated your appetites on."

Breakneck shrugged. "Don't think you got much choice in the matter, big guy. Six alt-modes and a giant frame means folks'll be scared around you, no way around it."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hovertruck - In Transit

Knock Out grunted as Ramjet hit him, unable to do anything to avoid it.

"Hey! Watch the finish!" Knock Out barked out in agitation.

It made Dirge smile as he watched the doctor forced to endure the rough treatment, but his attention wandered elsewhere to watch the activity of the vehicons that were onboard their transportation. Ever since they'd gotten on, the vehicons had been busy prepping their 'recruits' for their new employment, removing any logos or markings that might have indicated what groups they were with previously, and slapping brand new Decepticon logos on them.

Dirge's own paint job was neat and tidy already (Deathsaurus being the high-class mobster that he was had all his staff stay pristine) and needed nothing more than his new Decepticon logo applied. When the vehicon working Dirge's side of the transport finally reached him, he set down the tool he'd been using to scrape paint markings off the other recruits, and got busy with affixing the logo. Dirge let the vehicon work, but he found himself picking up the set-aside tool, examining it briefly, before his gaze drifted towards Knock Out.

Knock Out, who had been watching Dirge with great dismay, seemed to recoil even more. "You wouldn't dare..."

"Oh no, of course not. I would dream of it," Dirge told Knock Out. He tossed the scrapping tool to Ramjet. "He'll do it."

((ooc: I actually don't want his paint damaged, but here's the opportunity to torment him with the possibility ;) ))
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Sixshot tilted his head. "My entire lifespan is around three hours longer than yours, and most of the time the Creators sicced me on enemies. This is the first real downtime when I get to 'brood'. This conversation is me attempting to do 'anything else'."

Sixshot shrugged. "I do not kill my own kind. Particularly not Vehicons. I am not that kind of creature." Sixshot looked down. "The intimidation factor is not for you, trust me."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hovertruck - In Transit

Ramjet looked at the device that Dirge had offered him, then grinned wryly and tossed it back. "Shivs ain't my style," he explained. "And scratchin' paint isn't either. Now denting? Denting I can do."

He punched his right fist into the open palm of his left hand for emphasis.

"Way harder to fix, dents. Can't just paint over them, can you? Now me? Don't give half a damn. They make me look dangerous, and femmes dig a guy with a few dings and scrapes. Something tells me ol' Knock Out only worries about impressing himself, though."

He glanced back at Dirge, mischief in his eyes. "I say this boy could use a few dents in his chest. What 'bout you?"

Northern Border, Praxus

"Don't make you any less scary," Breakneck told Sixshot. "Sorry."

Drivetrain shrugged. "Right, so what you're telling me is that your entire life has consisted of killing, destroying, brooding and two minutes of terrifying a cowardly Car Vehicon," he said with a nod to Breakneck. "I mean, it's great that you want to expand your horizons but I'm pretty sure my description is apt so far. Besides, what is a mech like you going to do when he's not killing? You're too big and clunky for any scientific or artistic pursuits, and your extra alt-modes would disqualify you from sports." He chuckled. "Well, I suppose you could become a philosopher. They're supposed to be incongruous, right? You'd be really good at that."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hovertruck - In Transit

Dirge grinned back at Ramjet at the offer of putting some dents in him. "Nah, dents are actually pretty easy for him to take care of, it's the scratches he hates most. He's got some special-order paint color or something, ain't easy for him to replace. Thinks his shiny finish makes him Primus's gift to fashionable chassis," Dirge explained, then added, "Not that he wouldn't look good in a few dents..."

The talk about damaging Knock Out's exterior had renewed the doctor's attempts to struggle out of his bonds, to no success. When he gave up to pant briefly from the exertion, one of the Vehicons finally came by for his turn to receive a Decepticon logo, in that horrible, clashing purple!

"What ever did I do to deserve this nightmare!" Knock Out all but wailed to himself.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hovertruck - In Transit

"If you're leaving easily-repaired dents," Ramjet told Dirge, "you're doin' it wrong. Don't worry, I'll show ya when we find some 'Bots to mess up."

Then he glanced to his side. "You know doc, all that strugglin's just gonna scuff your precious paint. And if ya do get out, it's gonna get you some laser burns. Prob'ly in the back, since you're too much of a wussy ta stand'n fight us. You think about that?"

Glancing up to the Vehicon, he said, "Give him a couple more stamps, just for fun. And make sure you emboss 'em, so he can't just rub 'em off."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Borders, Praxus

Obsidian gazed upon the rows and rows of Vehicons, mostly lined up in an orderly fashion, but were completely at ease. Obsidian did not say anything. He recognized – although did not personally appreciate – the value that morale would bring about in an army. And he allowed these Vehicons, as well as these former criminals and rebels, to chatter around. So long as they are ready when Megatron gives the word, he could not care less.

He hovered above them, red optics watching silently, his skeletal fingers hanging loosely from his hands. Propellers spun around slowly on twin recently-replaced engines. His bodyframe may be old, but Obsidian recognized the need to upgrade his systems. He was not a sentimental fool like his old war comrade Kup. The fool uses parts that have been outdated centuries ago. Obsidian is not as advanced as high-grade protoforms like the Seekers, but he had upgraded his systems enough so that his personal capabilities would not fall behind the lines of his troops.

He had no use for sentiment.

Yet, ironically, a very sentimental thought was running through his head.

He felt, not for the first time in his life, useless. Well, maybe not straight-up useless, but he felt unnecessary. Surplus to the requirements. Simply a smaller cog in the machine instead of one of the main powers controlling it. Humbled.

This Megatron… he knew much more. His claws were dug into so many more things than Obsidian could have ever guessed. Obsidian fancied himself a master tactician… well, he may be so, in battles. In this war, however, in this revolution, he truly thought too small. Too slow. Megatron and his inner circle… well, Obsidian has to say that he is impressed. Deserving of loyalty.

Their troops have taken the entire Southern Hemisphere, and short of Iacon, the Northern half would not offer much resistance, especially with the legion Megatron has procured.

His army is truly a magnificent sight to behold. The past, present and future of Cybertron, all mingling together. Truly, this Megatron may be the one the Covenant referred to. The bringer of change. The one who destroys in order to rebuild. Megatron is Cybertron’s future. Its destroyer and savior. Glory to him.

Cybertron… Cybertron has to burn a little before its luster can be reclaimed.

Hold steadfast, dear Cybertron. Your children are fighting for your sake. With this army. With this champion. Obsidian may no longer be the most important protector any more, but he is the leader of this army’s air forces. And by the Core he will do his damnedest to completely obliterate everything before him.

Northern Border, Praxus

Sixshot glanced at Breakneck, and shrugged. "I suppose so."

Not exactly a bad thing. Fear is a good advantage against the enemy, Sixshot supposed.

Sixshot turned to Drivetrain. "Your description is pretty accurate, although I prefer 'contemplating' to brooding. And what of yours, if I may inquire? What have you done with your equally-short life?"

Sports? Science? Arts?

Not exactly Sixshot's cup of tea.

Philosopher. What exactly is that? Sixshot searched his database. 'A person who seeks wisdom or enlightenment. A student of philosophy.'

What is philosophy? 'The study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values and reason.'

"I am incongruous, as you described. Maybe... I might try philosophy. Yet that would include more 'brooding', as you term it, would it not?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hovertruck - In Transit

"Sorry sir, we're out of extra emblems," The one vehicon reported to Ramjet while the other worked to put it on Knock Out.

"At least get it on straight!" Knock Out snapped.

"I'm not sure cooperating's gonna save him, even if he is a good boy," Dirge said conversationally to Ramjet. "Remember what I was tell you about his work ethic? I bet some of those mechs he's botched some work on are in the forces," Dirge spoke. He paused to lean Knock Out's direction, looking him right in the optics, causing the doctor to leer away. "I bet a lot of them are in the forces. And I bet they got rank too. And you're coming in at front-liner foot soldier. No-one's gonna blink twice if one of them decides to show you what they think of the work you've done on them."

Knock Out swallowed nervously, trying to glance anywhere other than at another Decepticon on the transport, but that was next to impossible. He hated having Dirge's intimidating talents being turned on him now... but he was right, he'd been a bit... careless.. about some of his work. As much as he prided himself on his unique style, that meant there was no-way he wasn't going to be recognized if he ran into one of those mechs.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hovertruck - In Transit

"Don't worry," Ramjet told Knock Out. "I'm sure we'll have some for you when we get to the ship!"

As he spoke the transport's direction of travel changed from straight up to mostly lateral, indicating that they'd arrived at the skyhook and were now moving out along it's spokes to the end of the docking arm where the Nemesis resided.

"Oh, I dunno," he said, glancing over to Dirge. "We need us some good docs, if you listen to the Vehicons. Sounds like mostly they got repurposed Constructicons, not real medical staff. I'm sure ol'Knocky here'll be okay." Ramjet narrowed his optics. "As long as he does his job, anyway. Mess up on one of Meggy's troops and BAM!" He punched his fist into his palm bare millimetres in front of Knock Out's face. "Fusion cannon fodder!"

Shuttle - In Transit

Megatron, having finished his strategy session in the palace, had departed for the Nemesis. Although he could have ridden the elevator along with his troops, as the Decepticons' leader his bodyguards (ha!) had practically begged him not to make himself such an easy target. And so he was flying up to his starship in his own personal shuttlecraft, watching tactical feeds on the ship's many monitors and waiting for to arrive at his flagship.

As his optics flicked over the monitor showing south Iacon, he frowned and activated his comlink.

"Obsidian, I'm seeing a battle on the fringes of Iacon. I'm assuming that Predacon and his idiot friends are responsible. Have they bothered to report back with any recon findings yet?"

Northern Border, Praxus

Breakneck looked back at Sixshot with a horrified expression. Would the monster kill him if he gave a wrong answer, the Vehicon wondered.

Drivetrain just scoffed. "Well, Breaky over here has spent most of his life hiding as far away from fun and adventure as he could, since he's a dirty coward. Me, I spent all of my down-time before we were called up to duty exploring Kaon, getting to know the city and the type of people living in it. Turns out most of them are scum, by the way. Also tried out a Nebulan opera that was passing through town, but boy is that not suited to my tastes..."

"I broke nasty criminals out of prison!" Brick piped in.