[New RPG] A House Divided: Kaon (Decepticon)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hangar Bay, Nemesis

Knock Out let his head drop back down, giving a deep, desperate sigh of relief as Megatron accepted his pleas. He was safe, for the moment...

"Yes sir!" Dirge answered immediately when addressed, coming back to attention again. He wasn't sure where anything was on this ship, being his first time here, but Ramjet seemed familiar enough and ought to know the way, so Dirge said nothing about it.

Knock Out continued to listen from his kneeling position, but he didn't look up when addressed again. "Yes, Lord Megatron..." he responded afterwards, sounding tired, and resigned. All he could do was sit there and wait for the two seekers to pick him up, unable to rise himself with the ankle shackles. Even after they had lifted him, he didn't try to walk, simply allowing the seekers to drag him for the moment - he was too drained from the latest string of events to try saving what remaining scrap of dignity he might have by walking.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar Bay, Nemesis

"Good. I look forward to catching up with you, doctor. Very soon." Megatron gave Knock Out a smile that somehow managed to look very threatening, then departed and headed for the nearest turbolift. "Clench, I'll meet you on the bridge in two minutes. I'd like to discuss your strategy for the upcoming attack."

Ramjet, meanwhile, grabbed Knock Out's shoulder again and hauled him to his feet. "Up you go," he said. "You got work to do, doc!"

Then he whispered to Dirge, "I ain't carrying him 'round any more after this. Can't we, like, have a Vehicon shoot him if he leaves sickbay so we can get rid of the shackles?"

Northern Border, Praxus

"I know you will," Hammer told Sixshot, believing every word of it. Though the other Decepticons probably wouldn't believe it, it was clear to him at least that Sixshot was one of the most thoughtful Transformers he'd met over the course of his short life.

Shrugging, he said, "I can't vouch for the accuracy of it personally, of course," he told the sixchanger. "But it comes from a source named 'Soundwave'. In the intelligence databases that were unlocked for me when Obsidian confirmed my rank, he is flagged as the most trustworthy agent in our employ."

"He nodded at us!" Impulsor squealed. "He knows we exist!"

"Of course he knows we exist," Buckshot told him impatiently. "He's gigantic, not blind."

"He would be if we let you fix him!" Scythe crowed.

"Let's find out!" Buckshot replied. "I'll shoot you in the face, then repair your optics and you can tell me if they still work."

"If he dies, can I slice him up for you? For spare parts, you know," Chopsaw asked.

"Guuuys," Impulsor said, horrified, "you're embarrassing me in front of the sixchanger!"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Corridors, Nemesis

"Shooting's too good for him, it'd end his misery," Dirge answered back to Ramjet in a low tone, though he wasn't trying to cover up Knock Out hearing it, since he was right between them and would hear it anyways.

Knock Out hung limply in the grip of the two seekers hauling him, silently re-evaluating his life like a condemned prisoner on death row. How did he wind up in this mess? Quite some time ago he was part of Kaon's aristocracy - not the highest tier of it, certainly, but he had still been plenty well-off to live a leisurely life without a concern in the world. It had been utterly boring.

That was how he'd gotten into the medical field, looking for something interesting but still noble and dignified and fitting for someone of his elevated importance. And he'd found himself to be good at it, and enjoyed the work - it was just a shame that he hadn't found out sooner that the rest of the world looked at Kaon as no more important than the paint on the back of a bot's skidplate. Finding himself being scorned as a hack for being a Kaon-trained doctor, he dropped out of the formal medical community to instead work for the underworld, criminals and crime lords that didn't care what kind of training you had so long as you knew which end of a scalpel to hold. Not glamorous, but once they saw how much skill he had, he was all set. True, he could have gone to another city, gotten certified by a different academy with barely an effort on his part, but why should he have? His training was the exact same as they offered! The gal of them offering to 'fix' his training just because the Kaon label was on it. There was no way he was going to stand for that.

But then it all lead to this. Dirge was unfortunately right, he shouldn't have been so careless on some of his patients, those low rabble that could barely pay him. He was still so bitter over being scorned by the medical community, bots that needed legitimate help hadn't ranked high on his priorities. It had to have been one of them that sold him out the first time...

Knock Out was brought out of his thoughts as he felt his 'handlers' come to a stop in front of a door. The door swished open, and Knock out found himself looking in on... well, it probably qualified as a med bay, given the fact that they clearly didn't have properly trained medical staff in here before now...

His first look was very brief, as Dirge and Ramjet lifted him up enough to set him on his feet, then Dirge pushed the doctor as though intending to knock him over. Knock out staggered forward, almost tripping due to his bound ankles, but he managed to stay standing. He whirled back around to give the two seekers an audible growl as they followed him in.

"Welcome to your new home, Knockers," Dirge told him cordially, then took on a taunting tone. "Better get used to it - I get the feeling it's the last place you're ever gonna see."

"Yes yes, stay locked up here for the rest of my existence, working on whatever's put in front of me," Knock Out spoke as though bored, turning back around to face the seekers. "But do tell me, how am I expected to work like this?" he snapped, holding his cuffed hands in front of him.

There had been two vehicons in the medbay that seemed to tend the area, and had approached the group as they'd entered the medbay. When Knock Out had held up his arms to the seekers, one vehicon took hold of his arm. Surprised, Knock Out had tried to jerk away, but the vehicon held him firmly. The vehicon reached over with his free hand, disengaging the connection between the two bands on Knock Out's wrists, allowing them to separate. His wrists were still bound by the inhibitor cuffs, preventing him from using any of his integrated tools, but he now had his movement back.

At the same time the other vehicon removed Knock Out's shackles, replacing them with a single band on one ankle. He recognized the device readily, having removed it from many of his criminal clients in the past - it was remotely connected to monitoring device on the far side of the room, which was protected by a shield. The machine would give him a nasty shock if he wandered out of a pre-determined range, if it didn't incapacitate him outright, depending on how big a shock it was set up to deliver. Given what he'd seen of this place already, Knock out wasn't interested in finding out.

"Ah, but of course," Knock Out said aloud to himself about his new bindings, giving an exasperated shrug. He turned his back on the seekers watching him and pushed past the vehicons, taking a better look at the medbay. He didn't like what he saw.

"You call this a medbay? This is a scrap heap! This is a scrap heap even scraplets wouldn't be caught dead in!" Knock Out complained. They hadn't been kidding about using Constructicons - those low-brow gear grinders didn't know a thing about medical cleanliness. Was it any wonder these Decepticons put so much effort into wrangling him.

"Well it's your scrap heap now, Doc. Enjoy," Dirge told him happily, then turned to leave. He stopped short at the sound of Knock Out laughing.

"Where do you think you're going?" Knock Out questioned. "There's floors to mop, fixtures to dust, tools to sanitize - snap to it."

Dirge turned back around, his posture angry and dangerous. "I am not, nor have ever been, your assistant. And I stopped being under your authority when I moved over to Deathsaurus. This mess is yours to handle."

"Yes, and I'm sure Megatron will give you a pat on the back for a good job when his minion dies from complications from an unsterile medbay. You must want your career as a Decepticon to be a short one," Knock Out told him casually.

"Not my problem. Your department to handle."

"I hope whoever's monitoring us from the security room agrees with that assessment when he reports to Megatron about you passing up your opportunity to help his forces," Knock Out answered, making a gesture at a camera that was pointed in their direction.

Had Dirge been given laser-optics by Vector Sigma, Knock Out would have been a puddle of slag on the floor. Knock Out smiled as Dirge stalked back into the medbay, heading for a storage cabinet that would likely have cleaning supplies.

"That's a good boy, Dirgy. As you said, it is my department, and you're in it. You and Whitey can start with the ceilings and work your way down. Dust likes to fall when you nudge it, remember," Knock Out told him in a cheerful, condescending tone. "You know the drill, chop chop!" He then turned around smoothly to find the two vehicons standing behind him like a couple of lawn ornaments. "Well? What are you waiting for? Get started on those tools!"

The two vehicons looked at each other briefly, as though unsure if they were supposed to listen to him. In the end they seemed to decide to just go with it, and started to work without protest. Knock Out looked around approvingly as the medbay started ever so slowly to shape up - perhaps this wouldn't be so bad after all, so long as he had some assistants to keep in line.

"Well, off to work," He said aloud to himself again, starting towards where the patient was waiting. He still had no idea who this was, and Megatron hadn't bothered to tell him. "I suppose it's too optimistic to hope they bothered to assemble a chart for you, so why don't you just tell the doctor what's bothering you?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Sixshot nodded at Hammer, grateful for the other Vehicon's confidence. ('Other Vehicon'. Sixshot liked the term.) His mindset quickly returned to business, though. "Then it is accurate." Sixshot told Hammer. "This has certainly piqued my interest, Hammer. I thank you."

Sixshot turned to look at his new team again. It appears not all Vehicons are as confident as Hammer, Brick and Drivetrain. Sixshot took stock of the readouts on his optic sensors, noting the designations of the newcomers.

The green paramedic was designated Buckshot.

The motorcycle Vehicons... the red was Chopsaw, and the yellow is Dirt Rocket.

The helicopters (which resemble General Obsidian to a degree)... the red was Impulsor, the purple was Scythe.

He supposed he should be friendly. Walking over to them in what he hoped would be a non-threatening manner, Sixshot looked at the five Vehicons before him. "Greetings." Sixshot said. "I am Sixshot. That's Brick and Drivetrain, and..." Sixshot looked around for a bit. "That is Breakneck. You five have been assigned to m- our team." Sixshot paused. How would Hammer phrase it? "I would like to know each of your skillsets in order to make the best of your capabilities."

(OOC: Moved the rest of the army to the Iacon thread. Maybe Sixshot and his team can probably talk here while they breach Iacon's walls, or would it be preferable for them to follow the rest?)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Nemesis

Megatron stalked onto the bridge, heading toward the command section where Shockwave and Clench were standing.

"Report," he demanded from his two officers.

Shockwave replied without looking up from his console. "The Nemesis has cleared it's docking station," he said flatly. "We are proceeding to a higher orbit, from where we will make a retrogade approach to Iacon before dropping into geosynchronous orbit. Anticipate arrival in half an hour."

Medical Bay, Nemesis

Ramjet gave Dirge a contemptuous look. "Well, you just folded faster than Blurr bending sheet metal," he told the other seeker. "You seriously gonna let this idiot boss you around?"

He gestured around the medbay, then made a disgusted noise.

"They let the place look like this, obviously nobody cares what shape it's in. They catch you doin' doc-bot's sweeping for him and they'll have you on slag-scrapin' duty in the engine rooms, instead of whatever high-flyer job you got promised when you signed up." Ramjet laughed. "Not for me, no thanks. You have fun, though."

As the seeker wandered out, Lugnut looked up from the gurney where several Vehicons were poking ineffectually at his injured shoulder armour.

"You!" he bellowed at Knock Out. "I know you! You're that back-alley hack who gave Slashmeister those new arms!" His primary optic sensor narrowed from a lamp-like light to a narrow point. "He wasn't very happy when they fell off in his next fight, let me tell you."

He let those words hang in the air for a second, then laughed. "But I was the one fighting him, so I loved it!"

Lugnut shoved the Vehicons aside, sat up and greeted Knock Out with a hearty slap on the shoulder from one of his massive hands (one of which could have come close to wrapping around the smaller doctor's entire torso.

"I owe you one for that...as long as you do a better job than these Vehicons at replacing my damaged armour, anyway."

Northern Border, Praxus

"I trust you'll deal with it appropriately when the time comes," Hammer told Sixshot. "But I'm needed at the front, with the bulk of our troops. If I don't see you in Iacon, my friend, I'm sure we'll meet again in the aftermath."

Hammer transformed to jet mode and shot up into the sky, moving off to meet his fellow Vehicon unit commanders.

"Oh Primus he's talking to us he's talking to us!" Impulsor squealed.

Buckshot sighed. "Forgive Impulsor," he said. "He gets...excited. Me? Name's Buckshot. I can patch you up if you get hurt, but try not to. I'd rather be shooting stuff."

"I'm Impulsor!" the giddy Vehicon said. "I'm an air scout, but really, I'll do anything you need! My partner's Scythe. He...blows stuff up, mostly."

"That about says it all, yeah," Scythe agreed. "The two bikes are Dirt Rocket and Chopsaw. Ground scouts. Both crazier than an bag of turbofoxes, but send 'em in to scout a 'Bot position and you know they're comin' back."

"Sometimes with a squad of Autobots on his tail, in my partner's case," Chopsaw said sharply.

Drivetrain glanced evaluatively over the five new Vehicons, then looked over at Brick. They shrugged at each other, then Drivetrain looked up at Sixshot and said, "They'll do. If nothing else, they're less of an embarrassment than Breakneck."

"Hey! I resent that!"

(OOC: I'll be making new threads in a week or two anyway, when the Nemesis arrives at Iacon. These guys might as well stay for now.)
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: I foresee bad things in Ramjet's medical future :D))

Medical Bay, Nemesis

Dirge scowled as Ramjet disparaged him. "You haven't had to work with him. This guy talks himself out of trouble with crimelords. I'm too new to the Decepticons to risk his slander, and I'm not gonna have him torqued off at me when I go under the knife later."

Yes, Dirge had been getting in a few licks on Knock Out, but nothing he didn't already know was 'forgivable' by the time he inevitably needed medical care. Interfering with Knock Out's capacity to work to his standards, though, that's a line Dirge didn't dare cross.

As Ramjet started to leave the medbay, Dirge glanced over at Knock Out to see the doctor conversing with his patient, an activity that would keep him thoroughly occupied for a few moments. Dirge took the opportunity to shove his cleaning supplies into the hands of a nearby vehicon, then also stealthly bail out.

The pat on the back from such a big Decepticon nearly knocked Knock Out over, but he was able to catch himself by grabbing the gurney before he toppled.

"Ha, well, Slashmeister, was it?" Knock Out spoke with brief consideration. "Yes, I seem to remember the name. Unpleasant fellow, bullied me into an upgrade job for a discounted price. Well, he got what he paid for, as you so saw," Knock out told him cheerfully. "You won't have to worry about any of those financial matters, though, Megatron has an exclusive arrangement worked out for his troops. Just sit back and enjoy the best job your frame's ever had."

He then turned to the vehicons crowding the area, shooing them off. "Oh go clean something! Unless you're volunteering to be spare parts!" Knock Out checked on the state of the room briefly and noted Dirge was gone, but the ceiling had been mostly cleaned, so he wasn't concerned. He'd need to do something about that white one, though...

"You there! Are those sterile finally? Bring it," Knock Out yelled at the tool-cleaning vehicons, as well as snapping off some orders to the other ones. He then started to work, injecting Lugnut with a pain killer and starting to prep the wound. "So, you're Megatron's bodyguard, eh? Wouldn't think a big, strong gladiator would need one, not like myself."
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge, Nemesis

Post by Chip1123 »

Clench stood up from his chair when Megatron walked in. "As Shockwave reported, we are underway. Troops are assembled in the hangars." Clench walked over towards his commander as he finished. "We assume the General's attack should be underway shortly, drawing out the Autobot's forces."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

Sixshot gave Hammer a lazy wave (or a poor approximation of, anyway) as the Vehicon commander flew off. "See you around, brother." Sixshot said, before turning to regard the rest of his team, quizzically regarding Impulsor's... excited reactions at seeing him.

Sixshot quickly glanced at the direction of Brick and Drivetrain with a look that's best described half confused and half embarrassed, but turned back to look at the newcomers when Buckshot spoke.

"So you are a medic who also has combat capabilities." Sixshot summarized, nodding. "Multiple talents. I approve. I want you battling alongside the rest of us and only stopping if someone is injured."

Sixshot turned to Impulsor and gave him a sheepish nod. "Impulsor, is it? And Scythe. I look forward to working with the two of you. Our job description is basically 'blow stuff up', just at a bigger scale, so I am sure you'll do fine."

The six-changer turned around to Dirt Rocket and Chopsaw. "If you're as good as Scythe puts you, well, I won't think twice about sending you into the heart of the enemy. Just run back towards us if you're starting to get overwhelmed. I- We'll take care of the rest."

Sixshot turned to Drivetrain and Brick, and nodded, folding his arms. "Yes, I do agree. On both counts." Sixshot glanced at Breakneck and gave the Vehicon a shrug that he belatedly hoped the Vehicon didn't take as a death threat.

Sixshot just hoped he could protect every one of them, including the cowardly Breakneck. How curious... he seems to be taking the protection of these... cannon fodder at a higher priority than the wanton destruction he's designed for. He supposed the two goals are not mutually exclusive...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Nemesis

Megatron nodded to Clench. "Good work," he said. "Have the troops without aerial alt-modes load themselves into drop-ships, and assign the flyers to escort them to the ground. Since Obsidian's troops will be launching their assault on the southern border, you'll be dropping into the city from the north."

Shockwave interrupted, saying, "Obsidian's troops are on the move. Autobot forces are already massing to engage them."

"Good, good," Megatron nodded. Glancing back at Clench he asked, "Will you be leading your troops from the front, or commanding them from up here?"

Halls, Nemesis

Ramjet shrugged. "If he messes with me, I'll mess with him," he told Dirge as the other seeker followed him out. "Besides, I'm a soldier. Who thinks it's a good idea to ask me to clean up a medical bay? An idiot, that's who! Plus--"

Ramjet headbutted a nearby wall, leaving a cone-shaped dent in the armoured purple surface.

"Don't need doctors much. Ya know how they say each of us seekers were built with some special 'thing'? I ain't got no fancy teleportin' or fear engines, but this armour of mine? Damn tough. Back in my army days they told me that anything strong 'nuff ta break the skin'll probably kill me. Think they might've been exaggerating a bit, but still. Not too worried about makin' the doc-bot mad."

Medical Bay, Nemesis

Lugnut grinned. "Yeah, he was a big jerk. Putting the smackdown on him got me into the superheavyweight title picture, just 'cause everyone was so happy to see him get taken down."

He listened to what Knock Out had to say, though he wasn't really all that interested in money matters as long as the lights stayed on and there was energon on the table. Never let it be said that he'd turn down an opportunity to praise Megatron, though.

Enthusiastically, he said, "Oh, absolutely. The Glorious Megatron takes good care of his troops! Not like those Autobots, who send their people out to die and don't even care when they don't come back because I tore their heads off. You're new here, right? Being a Decepticon is great, but I'm sure you'll find out for yourself soon enough."

He actually laughed when the doctor asked him about being Megatron's bodyguard. "Oh, he doesn't really need one. Megatron is the best fighter around, so it's not like I'm going to be rescuing him from anything. But his boring politics friends kept panicking when he went out in public alone, as if anyone would be dumb enough to attack a mech who was the Unified Champion of the Kaon Pit-Fights. So Mighty Megatron asked me to follow him around whenever he's out in public. Said I was his biggest, scariest, loyalest guy." Lugnut was practically beaming with pride. "Didn't want me to actually do anything though, unless a whole army came after him. Prefers to take out assassins himself since...well, obviously, he can."

Northern Border, Praxus

Drivetrain grinned. "What can I say?" he told Sixshot. "You're famous! Of course there's going to some star-struck people on our side."

"Why would the deputy air commander have--"

Drivetrain cut off Brick. "I wasn't suggesting that Starscream hit them," he explained. "It's a figure of speech."

"I'm sorry," Impulsor blurted. "It's just, you know...I've never met a celebrity before. It's almost like being assigned to guard Megatron!"

Buckshot laughed. "Oh, give it up. He's a Transformer just like us. He changes his oil the same way as everyone else."

Nearby, Breakneck did his very best not to quail in fear as Sixshot looked at him.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medical Bay, Nemesis

"Yes, my recruitment into the Decepticons has been an experience like no other," Knock Out answered, dripping with sarcasm and rolling his optics. He was standing just behind Lugnut at the time, retrieving a scanner, so the other mech would not see the gesture, and he doubted this dense, gladitorial-type mech would register the sarcasm.

With the armor and wound cleaned up, Knock Out would be able to take a more effective scan, and did so while listening to Lugnut go on about Megatron. Knock Out a considerative 'hm' as the readings started to compile. The injury itself wasn't too bad, the armor had absorbed most of it as it was supposed to, but Lugnut had many other minor injuries that seemed to have been fast-patched or simply repaired incorrectly, if at all. It was all the hallmarks of an arena medic - patch them up fast between matches so they could keep fighting, and leave the rest to time. A mech's self-repair systems could only do so much. And what galled him the most was that those back-stage hacks would still be considered better than Knock Out so long as they'd been trained outside of Kaon...

"Well it's a good thing you've been mostly for show lately, as your frame doesn't look like it can take much more," Knock Out would tell his patient. "Whoever was patching you up in the arena certainly didn't know much about what they were doing. A few more good blows to you, and you'd be in the same state as Slashmeister was." Knock Out came back around, smiling pleasantly as he went to a piece of equipment. "But you're out of their incompetent reach now, and in my wonderful hands."

Knock Out came back over with a cable from the machine, which would service both as an energon and sedative feed, as well as monitoring equipment. "A quick nap while I work, and you'll be better than new. Just kick back and enjoy the sleep," Knock Out told him while he plugged the line into his patient and punched a few commands into the machine. "It's probably the last bit of rest any of us will get for a while..." he added in an off-hand tone.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

((OOC: Forgot the Seekers, sorry!))

Halls, Nemesis

"Unless you never have to power down to let your processor defrag, I'd still worry. Those chems the docs use to put you to sleep can also keep you asleep. I'd worry what the doc might do to you if he ever did get you on the table," Dirge told Ramjet, taking on a wicked grin. "Yeah sure struggling with the enemy is one thing, but laying there all peaceful and asleep? I bet he's got the tools to pop that armor of real easy. Then what's gonna protect ya once he's got easy access at your insides?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

"I'm famous?" Sixshot asked Drivetrain with a very confused tone. He had never considered that others might view him in that way before... then turned to Impulsor and all but beamed. "Well, I've never considered myself a celebrity... or famous... but it's certainly a pleasure to meet you. Though I agree with Buckshot here, I do change my oil the same way as everyone else."

He paused. "Unless that's a figure of speech."

The sixchanger felt what he agreed to himself is best described as humour at Breakneck's reaction.
Chip1123
Protoform

Bridge, Nemesis

Post by Chip1123 »

"Thank you, Lord Megatron." Clench said in reply to Megatron, relaying the orders to "While there are merits of leading in the field," Clench said, answering Megatron's reply. "There are drawbacks to it as well. If the enemy is able to take out the commander, the whole battle could be lost. And with Obsidian in the field, I think it'll be best if someone is able to maintain an overview of the battle and best respond. I believe Lugnut, if he can keep a reign on his temper, would be a good field general."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Nemesis

Megatron gave Clench a curt nod, approving of the other Decepticon's plan. "Good, good. Shockwave will be coordinating fleet action, but if you need any assistance he should be able to help. I'll be on the ground as well, so please keep me informed of the situation. In particular, if any of the troops report seeing Sentinel Prime send my coordinates immediately." Glancing over to Shockwave he said, "You mentioned Starscream was in the city?"

"Indeed," Shockwave acknowledged. "He and Thundercracker were sent to deal with the captive Skywarp. I suggested assassination, but suspect they foolishly attempted rescue instead."

Megatron didn't comment on the other Transformer's seeming lack of respect for Decepticon troops. "Well, if he's still alive, Clench, he is at your disposal. You should get in touch with him once the troops start landing. Technically he's under Obsidian's command, so if he gives you any trouble tell him his new orders come from me personally."

The Decepticon leader headed for the turbolift, saying, "Unless you need something else, I'll be in the hangar bay waiting to deploy with the rest of the troops."

Halls, Nemesis

"I wish," Ramjet told Dirge. "Not even the doctors in Iacon could figure it out. Said my regeneration systems had scarred over the usual service hatches, and none of their torches could cut through the plating. Heck, if this Knock Out manages to figure it out I'll apologize for all the awful things I said to him. And about him. And will say in the future."

The conehead scowled. "You have any idea how unpleasant it is to have to rely on your autorepair to fix every internal injury you ever get because the docs can't get inside to patch you up? It ain't fun, I'll tell you that. So put it this way...anything he did to my insides would probably be an improvement by now."

Medical Bay, Nemesis

"Yeah, joining up was a big day for me too," Lugnut agreed with Knock Out, the sarcasm flying right over his head in spite of his massive height. "It was...was sleepy. No, that's...not...it...

The massive Decepticon's head lolled back as the sedative took effect, putting him to sleep.

Northern Border, Praxus

"You're the only one of your kind," Drivetrain told Sixshot with a shrug. "Are you surprised that we all know who you are?"

Buckshot chuckled. "It's a metaphor. It means you're no different from the rest of us, at least in terms of basic functionality. People sometimes forget that even though someone's famous or important or dangerous, that they're still Transformers like everyone else."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

"Actually, yes." Sixshot replied to Drivetrain. "Yes, I am surprised."

Sixshot turned to regard Buckshot and nodded. "And Buckshot here explains why I do so. I think myself not different from any of you, multiple changeforms aside. Different from the other Decepticons... we are probably so, for they were forged without purpose, yet we are forged with one. For one." Sixshot shrugged. "That aside, though, I find myself rather stunted socially, so I shall ask prematurely for forgiveness if I accidentally insult any of you -- I would not do so."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Halls, Nemesis

"Well it feels like the ship's on the move now, so you might get your chance to find out," Dirge told Ramjet. Clearly he didn't seem to believe his armor was really all that strong, but if it was the case, he'd get to see soon enough.

Medbay, Nemesis

"Nighty night," Knock Out told Lugnut, but the big lunk was already out from the sedatives. At least it didn't seem like it took more than the usual dosage of sedative to put him under, which Knock Out was glad of since he hadn't had the chance yet to see what kind of supply stocks they had on this ship, and it seemed like the ship was starting to move. No doubt it was headed for the front line, and Megatron would probably want this guy ready to go before they got there.

Knock Out mused briefly that this wasn't too unlike what he was already used to - mob boss had one of his minions mangled, and wanted him patched up good and fast. It was time to dazzle the boss and insure future business (or just insure his own future, as was the case here...).

"Well, business as usual. Off to work."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Main Hangar, Nemesis

Ramjet shrugged. "Not counting on it," he told Dirge. "Not worrying about it much either, to be honest. Not when there's a big fight coming."

He grinned at the other seeker as they walked back into the main bay, which held most of the Decepticons' air forces.

"Come on, you can't say you're not looking forward to it!"

Medical Bay, Nemesis

As Knock Out worked on his innards, Lugnut dreamed of extreme violence and praise from Megatron.

Northern Border, Praxus

Drivetrain shrugged. "We're soldiers," he told Sixshot bluntly. "I don't think there's much you can do that will offend us." He glanced over at his fellow car Vehicon before adding, "Well okay, maybe Breakneck. But he doesn't count. The point is, don't worry about it. You're among friends here."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Northern Border, Praxus

"Soldiers, yes, but you are people too." Sixshot told Drivetrain, and gave Breackneck a quick glance. "Among friends?"

Friends.

Brothers.

"Yes, I suppose so." Sixshot said after a short pause. "I'll try not to let any of you die."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hangar, Nemesis

"Oh of course I am! This is exactly why I signed up," Dirge told Ramjet, cracking his knuckles expectantly. "Patroling a pent-house is one thing, but this is war. I can't wait to get my hands on my first Autobot. No, my first two Autobots. Gotta have one alive afterwards to go tell all his friends what happened to his buddy..."

Medical Bay, Nemesis

Knock Out would work quickly and efficiently on Lugnut, now focusing on his work and speaking only when he needed to snap orders at a vehicon.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: I'll wait a couple more days in case Clench has some final instructions, then have the Nemesis arrive above Iacon)

Main Hangar, Nemesis

"Now, now," Ramjet told Dirge as he followed the deck officer's directions to their assigned shuttle. "Don't be silly. We'll have way more than two each to beat up on. We both know that it'll be us seekers who attract most of the attention. I mean...who else they gonna come at, the Vehicons? Ha!"

Northern Border, Praxus

Drivetrain shrugged. "Sure we're people, though don't try convincing some of the 'normal' Decepticons of that. Not what I meant, though," he told Sixshot. "We're made for war. Our whole reason for being is to kill people in the name of the cause. Being easily offended isn't exactly going to help us do that, so most of us Vehicons have a pretty thick skin. The ones that don't...well, they're going to be too scared to talk to you anyway, so who cares what they think?"