[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex), Part II

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

"Trust me, I've gotten my share of fusion cannon shots in my younger days. That is not meant as an encouragement." Blitzwing told Rage. The triple-changer glared at Blackjack. "Do not even start."

Blitzwing and Blackjack both glanced at Bludgeon, who was perched atop a piece of rubble, inspecting his katana and swinging it around through the air.

"He haven't tried to massacre all of us yet. He's civil." Blackjack quipped

Blitzwing turned to face Scrapper, and smiled. "I'm sure I will get to see... or rather, hear it... first-hand. I expect Hook to scream into my ear any moment now..." Blitzwing winced, raising a finger to the side of his head. Audible to Blackjack, Rage and Scrapper would be the angry rantings of one Constructicon surgeon that were loud enough to be heard beyond the normally soundproof internal speakers.

"Are you going to take him to space, space?" Shrapnel asked Cyclonus as he transformed into his insect mode, readying himself for a takeoff. "I do not think we will get to see each other again for a long time, Cyclonus. Good luck... you're a good man, man. Stay alive, alive."

Shuttle

"MAKE HIM STOP! I AM BLEEDING OUT OF ALL MY ORIFICES" Misfire was shouting dramatically, kneeling onto the ground and raising his arms into the air.

Sixshot got up from where Misfire had tackled him, looked at Needlenose's little story-telling, looked at Misfire yelling, and blinked. This was why he does not socialize.

"I would actually be interested in sensory upgrades that would increase my reaction time." Sixshot tilted his head. "Is that... wrong?"

"DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM! DON'T LET THE DARKNESS CONVERT YOU"

Sixshot glanced at Slugslinger, who had joined Misfire in yelling, albeit not to the extent that the pink Targetmaster is doing. "This is torture?" Sixshot asked, visibly surprised. "I... find it... ineffective, if it is."

"KILL IT KILL IT WITH FIRE"

Sixshot frowned, completely missing the point. "Why are they so against your telling the story, Needlenose? Were they involved in the chip business and recounting this brings up memories they'd rather forget?"
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Lunatic Fringe

Optimus Prime exited the lobby and started down the stairs. "No," he agreed with Ultra Magnus. "No we can't. Nor should we attempt to, if we ever wish to move forward. That time - our time - must take its rightful place in history."

The Autobot Leader exited the building, stepping out onto the street. "Yes, I think we're making the right decision."

(OOC: Fade to black? At least until Prime's back on board the Trion, anyway. Unless you want Magnus to close things off with something brilliant :)).
______

Intensive Care Unit, Aesculapius

"Just take easy if you can, okay?" said Centrifuge. "The stiffness will pass as your body acclimates to the new components."

(OCC: @ Blackjack -- If you want. I know I had something in mind...but for the life of me I can't remember what I wanted Prowl to say to Springer. If you have any ideas, feel free to shoot me a PM.)
____

The Flats

"Protihex is a...consequential endeavor," Shockwave told Blitzwing. "But, I will offer my counsel should you require it--"

"Beginning with this; with available resources soon to be concentrated on reconstruction efforts in Polyhex and Kaon, drawing out conflicts - be it within, or with the currently-allied Autobots -- serves no purpose other than jeopardize the Decepticon Nation's long term survival. Furthermore, the Decepticons have no need of another despot... or usurper... or another 'visionary'. They must move past this paradigm if they are to thrive. You, Blitzwing, represent the new school of thought."

He held his mono-optic gaze on the triplechanger. "At one time you were a mentor at the Decepticon Military Academy, correct?" he said. "That experience may prove invaluable. My advice; draw from that. Inspire your people as you have your students."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

OOC: I'm done with Magnus so I'm okay with letting that scene come to a close.

The Flats

"Pretty sure you don't want to give him permission to fusion blast you, Blitzwing," Buzzsaw interjected. "He'd do it. Maybe for no reason."

"I resent that!" Rage told the cassette. "I'd never shoot him for no reason unless I was really, really bored."

Scrapper chuckled. "If you'd like, I could modify your comm so that you can ignore his calls," he told Blitzwing. "After all, you're a statesmech now. You can't be bothered by everyone who wants a piece of your day. That's what secretary droids are for."

"I will, yes," Cyclonus told Shrapnel. "The work that I need him to do...it's best to do it away from prying eyes." He nodded to the bug. "Goodbye and good luck."

Shuttle

Needlenose glared at Misfire before turning back to Sixshot.

"Well...I'm pretty scared of you as it is. I'm not sure how I feel about making you an even more deadly killer. But, uh, I could totally do that. You're leaving with Cyclonus, right? I'll make sure whatever ship he's on, I got dibs on some of the lab space. Then I can build you a new chipset from scratch and we can see just how you like it. How's that sound? I'll just need to make sure we've got all the fabrication gear before we launch..."

Shaking his head, he looked at his fellow Targetmasters and sighed. "They're just anti-intellectual, is all. They don't like talking about anything but shooting and flying."

"You implying you're an intellectual?" Slugslinger scoffed. "As if!"

Needlenose ignored his taunt. "They're just jealous that I'm the only one with a useful post-war skill set."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Intensive Care Unit, Aesculapius

Springer flexed his neck. "Been there, done that, doc." Springer gave Centrifuge a wry smile. "Been blown up quite enough times to get used to this feeling of having new parts and stuff. Nice job you did, I have to say."

The Flats

Blitzwing nodded as Shockwave spoke, taking note of everything the former Decepticon leader said. He was not known as a walking computer for nothing, after all, and his advice is highly valuable...

"A new school of thought is about right." Blitzwing nodded, agreeing, and nodded. "Yes, indeed, I used to be a teacher. That... would work, I suppose. Though I do not promise Optimus Prime-level speeches. But I suppose I can teach our people."

Blitzwing glanced at Buzzsaw and Rage. "Relax. With all the people I can't teach, Rage won't ever be bored."

The triple-changer turned to Scrapper and pulled the commlink chip from the side of his head and tossed it to the Constructicon. "Please do. Hook has dialed me a further fourteen times since you called him, and I have more pressing matters to discuss here."

Shrapnel gave Cyclonus one last nod, before transforming and buzzing away.

Shuttle

Sixshot tilted his head. "I will not turn my skills against any of you. Hopefully. I would enjoy... experimenting with the chipset, I suppose. I have no experience of that, however."

Misfire made a raspberry. "And you like to talk about nothing else but your fancy chips! Now, if you're talking about some incomprehensible stuff that Shockwave or the Constructicons or that microscope dude talk about, yeah, you're probably an intellectual."

Sixshot tilted his head at Needlenose's last words. "I am afraid I have less of a post-war skillset than they do."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

Scrapper caught the chip that Blitzwing gave him and plugged it into his omnitool. He punched a few keys, then tossed it back.

"There. Now you've got the officers' model. An auto-secretary VI is installed on it to screen calls for you, and block anyone who you don't want to speak to entirely." The Constructicon chuckled. "Your buddy Astrotrain wanted to canonize Sparkstalker when he wrote the program, believe me."

Cyclonus watched as Shrapnel flew away, then looked over his shoulder and said, "You can come out now."

A mildly annoyed Kickback did just that. "How did you--"

"Know that you were watching? You're not nearly as clever as you think you are, Insecticon."

"What do you want, Spawn of Unicron?" Kickback asked sharply. "I don't like being summoned, especially when I'm not even on your side!"

"There are no 'sides' anymore, fool. Only Decepticons." Cyclonus crossed his arms. "I'm leaving Cybertron and you're coming with me."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you don't want to stay here and spend the rest of your life avoiding Shrapnel," Cyclonus told him bluntly. "And because if you stay, I'll make sure that Blitzwing finds a lawyer so he can prosecute you for murdering a fellow Decepticon in cold blood on the field of battle."

"You wouldn't--"

"I would and I am," Cyclonus told him harshly. "I know that you have the technology to block out cerebro-shells."

"How did you--"

"Kickback, yourself and Ravage were the only members of Megatron's intelligence unit that weren't reporting to either us or the Imperials by the time the invasion started."

In the background Cyclonus saw Ravage shoot a disapproving look at Buzzsaw, who shrugged shamelessly.

Continuing, the Decepticon commander said, "And that includes Soundwave. It's probably best that you proceed under the assumption that I know everything you were up to since you were rescued from that Autobot jail. I know you found a way to negate the threat of a cerebro-shell. That's good, a brilliant first step. But I want you to take it to the next level. Starscream's dead, but we both know that may only slow him down. If he comes back, he's coming back to a world where it's physically impossible for his ghost to possess a single Transformer anywhere in the galaxy. You do that for me and the unpleasantness with Bombshell will be forgotten. Do we have a deal?"

Kickback shrugged. "Just let me know where to drop off my gear."

Shuttle

Needlenose just sniffed. "You heathens just don't appreciate my art," he told Misfire, before responding to Sixshot.

"In that case, I'd be happy to work on them for you. In fact..." he gave the sixchanger a conspiratorial glance, "I've seen the way you handle a sword. Those big hands of yours might have tricked everyone else, but you're not just a big lumbering death machine. You've got skill. You wanna, I can teach you how to make chips yourself. After that, you want any post war skill in the world, you just give yourself the aptitude for it."

He glanced back at Misfire, Triggerhappy and Slugslinger and said, "Shame new chips ain't a cure for jumpy, stupid or wussy. Though I could have fixed Misfire's aim years ago, if he'd just let me finish offering to do it without running away screaming..."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

"Canonize Sparkstalker?" Blitzwing chuckled at Scrapper. "If this thing works half as well as I think it will, I'll build Sparkstalker a small bust at New Darkmount or something."

The triple-changer frowned. "Any particular reason why the VI looks like Reflector, though?"

The triple-changer watched as Kickback appeared and engaged in conversation with Cyclonus, but did not intrude upon their conversation.

Shuttle

Sixshot tilted his head at Misfire. "Swinging a sword is not much difference. It is... just another weapon in my arsenal, albeit one which I adopted later. Like the Wingwolf." The sixchanger frowned. "I... am willing to learn. If anything, life on board a shuttle would get monotonous pretty quickly, and better for me to have something else to do than to snap and challenge Ultra Magnus to a death brawl."

Sixshot did not want to say that he had no idea what post-war skill he would want; he was not sure if that would upset Needlenose.

Misfire scowled. "I ain't going to let someone untrained in brain circuit surgery poke around my head! I'm not Triggerhappy!"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

Scrapper shrugged. "I'm sure he's posthumously appreciate it," he told Blitzwing, "but something tells me he'd appreciate it more if you, you know, got somebody to revive him instead. I'm sure we've got the body around here somewhere. Scavenger said he found it stuffed into Ratbat's closet back on the Nemesis before we left Earth."

He chuckled.

"I asked about that once. Apparently the program is designed to project your ideal image of a generic Decepticon warrior, so the interface is different for each user. If you were to ask Cyclonus here, he'd probably tell you he sees a sweep when he turns it on."

After Kickback left to collect his gear, Cyclonus turned back to Blitzwing. "I think we're about done here, my friend," he told the other Decepticon. "Unless you need me for something, I will tend to finding a starship for my voyage."

Shuttle

Needlenose nodded. "Yeah. Anything that keeps you and Maggy apart'll probably be a good thing, right? Don't think you an' him'll ever exactly be bros, you know what I'm saying?"

He looked over at Misfire and shook his head. "I ain't going to do the install myself, dummy! That's what we got doc-bots for, yeah? I just build the tech. You want it installed, you get Glit or Hook or someone to look after it." He shrugged. "Hell, even Spinister could do it in a pinch. Me? I like to keep my hands out of other people's brains."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

"Yeah... but I'm more keen on diverting resources to rebuild our cities before reviving random dead people, Scrapper. Not that we have a ready access to the Matrix..." Blitzwing sighed. "Well let's just hope that Scavenger didn't stash it in his closet back in Darkmount, 'cause anything there is now nuclear dust."

Blitzwing frowned. "Interesting, but why Reflector? My ideal image of a generic Decepticon warrior should be a Seeker..."

Blitzwing shrugged. "Well, whatever." He turned to Cyclonus and nodded. "Well, I guess I'd start counting heads of whoever's left and pull out from this city before some idiot with a short attention span starts shooting windows or something."

Shuttle

"No big loss, I suppose." Sixshot told Needlenose with a frown.

Misfire eyed Needlenose suspiciously. "Then why didn't you tell me that all those years ago when I keep shooting my own face and Triggerhappy's backside? Wasn't very uncomfortable for all those involved."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

"Seekers have unique colour schemes?" Scrapper guessed. "Reflectors usually don't so they're more generic." He pondered the other Decepticon's point. "I'll go talk to Scavenger and see what he did with it. Who knows? Maybe it's still back on Earth?"

"Sounds like a plan," Cyclonus agreed with Blitzwing. He gave the Decepticons' new leader a crisp salute, then transformed and took to the sky.

"Good luck. You'll need it."

Shuttle

"I told you," Needlenose said to Misfire, clearly annoyed. "At least eight times. Your response was, and I quote 'Na na na na I'm not listening I'm not listening'." He shrugged. "Your loss."

(OOC: Unless ziggy's got something else to add to this thread, I think we're about done here. Just Iacon left to go. :) )