[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex), Part II

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
zigzagger

[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex), Part II

Post by zigzagger »

Selecting Protihex as the staging ground for their planet-wide invasion, an Imperial legion, led by a Matrix-powered Thunderwing, has organized an all-out assault, resulting in heavy casualties on all fronts, neo-Combaticon leader Onslaught among these losses.

Worse, the Liege Centuro has unleashed numerous horrors upon the city-state -- including clones fashioned after the Pretender himself, plagues of Scraplets, Titans, and a synthetic strain of the Hate Plague virus, befalling even the likes of Ultra Magnus.

Ratchet is tasked with the safety of Protihex's surviving civilian population, relocating the Steelhaven to Fortress Maximus' old base deep within the Manganese Mountains. Scared and battle weary, the people look to Groove, Protihex's governor-elect, to guide them through this dark time.

Fortunately, help has arrived from all corners of the globe; from Crystal City, Polyhex, and finally, Iacon, bringing a massive army with them. The tide is quickly changing.

Meanwhile, Cyclonus, Starscream and Optimus Prime are drawn to the Lunatic Fringe, ready to confront the source of this nightmare.

The end is near.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Lunatic Fringe

Starscream looked around, mock-seriously. "He's damned well hidden, then," he said petulantly.

Cyclonus groaned. "If you want, you can go back to base and I'll take care of him myself."

"And let you hog all the glory for yourself? Not likely!"

"Probably for the best," Cyclonus admitted. "You'll be able to tell the story much better than I could, anyway."

Then he reared back and kicked open a door to a seemingly random building, revealing a run-down, abandoned lobby...with a single shiny, new communications console sitting in the middle of it. At the console sat a small, unremarkable robot whose plating was melted and charred with obvious fire damage.

Thunderwing looked up at his two visitors, then practically leaped out of his chair in surprise.

"Really, Thunderwing?" Cyclonus asked him disdainfully. "Did you honestly think you wouldn't be seeing me again?" He charged forward, smashing the communications station with a single swipe of his hands. "Did you honestly think your toys would be enough to protect you from me?"

"Let's find out."

Behind Cyclonus, Starscream screamed like a little girl as two Thunderwing shells stepped out of the shadows, grabbed him by the arms and tossed him down a flight of stairs.

"At last, some privacy," Thunderwing taunted. "It's just you and me, Cyclonus. Well, you and me, and me and me..."

Two more shells emerged, striding straight toward Cyclonus with their hands balled into fists.

Constructicon Hospital

Scrapper gave the impression of a frown as he answered Darkjet. "Were you people even on Cybertron then?" he asked. "Or are your history books a multiple-choice morass of contradictory backstory?"

He examined Long Haul's work, nodded in satisfaction and said, "Good work. You've obviously been studying."

When Sixshot appeared on-scene Scrapper glowered at his fellow Constructicons for not automatically knowing what they needed to do. "Hook, run a deep subatomic scan and get a good idea of how the plague spores behave. Mixmaster, start a workup on it's molecular structure."

Battlefield

Sandstorm climbed to his feet, scowling. "Yeah, I could do with some killing," he said. Charging forward, he raised his sandblaster gun and fired it at Phopys .

Hate Plague Danger zone

Shuttle Gunner chuckled. "I suppose," he said, "it could have been worse. Sandstorm always suggested I change it, but...I'm not sure. I didn't want to, I suppose. I guess I was used to it."

He processed what Tinker said, then agreed. "I suppose it is," he admitted. Then he asked Darkjet, "Would you prefer it if we called you 'Pinkjet'? Because in my experience, most would consider that name much, much worse."

Fireflight grunted. "Yeah, that's him. Quickswitch. Big green, red and white guy, didn't get along so well with the troops. Suppose that's what you want in a cop, but still...always tried to stay away. Good for me I'm not Slingshot, so he wasn't constantly arresting me for a dozen different things."

He thought about what Blast Off had to say, but he didn't agree. "The difference is, we knew what we were getting into," he told the Combaticon. "You guys? They took you by surprise, and trust me, I know what that's like. Drop an Imperial garrison on us while we're on liberty and we're not going to do any better than you did."

"They're dead!" Target Hawk shrieked triumphantly. "They're dead, and I helped kill them! Being free from them is all I ever wanted...and you had to come along and ruin it."

He glared at Jackpot.

"For that, you die," he said before he fired his ion pistol.

Imperial Landing Zone

Skydive watched in horror as a squadron of drones tried to ram his pilots...but his fear was misplaced, as all the Aerialbots evaded their attackers and took another shot at Tidal Wave. Acid Storm's seekers took a more direct approach, Thunderflare sending arcs of lightning toward them while Bootleg fired dozens of blinding flares.

Sideswipe skidded sideways as they arrived at the first building, turning his rear toward the entrance.

"Get inside!" he yelled to Searchlight as he returned to robot mode. "If the building looks defensible, we're going to fortify this position and hold it."

Artfire snorted derisively at Springer's apology, then ducked under Barcia, transforming to fire engine mode and charged toward Tidal Wave and his clones, firing roiling balls of flame from his fireball cannon at the massive Decepticons.

The Demons growled at Pyro, but were evidently too afraid to do anything about him. In fact, they continued to drift away from the Autobot team with fear in their eyes. When Prime move toward them, several of the creatures howled with fear and ran away.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Exterior, Constructicon Field Hospital

(OOC: Mmm, yeah, I kind of thought Fort Max was a bit bigger than his Marvel version but not quite Omega Supreme-sized… I’ll take that into consideration in the fight scenes.)

Road Hugger scowled as he spotted Dark Fleet moving towards them. “Oh, hell.” Turning to Hyperdrive, Detour and Brawl, Road Hugger yelled, “Combaticons… brace yourself!”

“That thing is massive. How do you suppose we can take it down?” Brawl replied, walking up to Road Hugger.

“Afraid of size, Brawl?” Detour asked, actually grinning as he perched on Hyperdrive’s shoulder, who had an equally manic grin on his face. “See, us Micromasters, we’ve been looking up on people our entire lives. This isn’t some out-of-reach Matrix-fueled monster or anything… This is just another guzzler that needs some humbling knocked onto him.”

“Thunderhead, Brimstone, Steamhammer, take whoever’s left and form a perimeter. By no means should that thing reach the Combaticon hospital.” Road Hugger yelled as the other Combaticons came up. “Breacher, Grimstone… you guys follow us.”

Now this, this… a simple fight, albeit against a gigantic behemoth of an enemy, he could deal with. Fortress Maximus and Shockwave may have all the big guns… but damned if Road Hugger was going to let other people fight for him.

“Sub-mit. And. Live.”

Dark Fleet spoke a single word, his voice deep, and evidently straining just to speak four syllables. The black-and-green Decepticon stood tall, some distance away from the Constructicon Hospital, taking note of the combatants outside and immediately focusing on Fortress Maximus and Shockwave as the largest threats.

The weapons on the giant Imperial’s body clicked to life, as Dark Fleet’s lifeless optics considered the Combaticon insects under him.

Constructicon Hospital

Moonjet shrugged at Scrapper, “Hey, I only know what they taught me. I mean, we’re Decepticons. I don’t really trust our history books either.”

Long Haul beamed in pride at Scrapper’s praise, optics brightening up as he said a very sincere, very grateful, “Thanks, boss.” It meant the world to Long Haul, being praised for repairing someone, but being the grouch that he was, he didn’t say it. But the tone of his voice would tell those around him what they needed to know.

Sixshot glared as the commotion outside seemed to get louder. Noise didn’t exactly reach him, but he could tell when someone is preparing for battle. He then turned to look at Hook’s face, distorted by the glass of the isolation chamber, and narrowed his optics.

Typical. People fighting outside… and here he was, stuck inside a glorified glass jar…

Hook nodded as he operated the machinery, taking a sample of the red spores with mechanical hands inside the isolation chamber. “I am running a deep subatomic scan right now.” The Constructicon surgeon said, inserting a vial full of red spores into a chunk of machinery that he had set up prior to Sixshot’s arrival.

Mixmaster chuckled gleefully as he extracted another sample, and set it on a beaker in a table… and began pouring out differently-coloured chemicals from his mixing wheel, and with the air of a listless madman began to mix and match the chemicals in what would seem to be a haphazard manner, but really was how Mixmaster worked best.

“What is all that racket?” Hook yelled snottily.

Steamhammer peeked in. “Um, Constructicons? There is the mother of giant Imperials coming in our way, and he doesn’t look quite friendly. I mean-“

“What do you expect us to do, go out there as Devastator and fight the giant Cybertronian?” Hook snapped angrily as he proceeded in the steps of a subatomic scan. “What, you expect us to abandon our research of a cure to this Hate Plague in its most critical phase, just to add more manpower to what is a glorified miniature, Imperial version of our far-superior construct, Trypticon? If it’s manpower you need, take Hightower or the Micromasters or someone disposable.”

Steamhammer opened his mouth, then moved out of the facility.

Hook exhaled, and snorted. “Scrapper, Perceptor, it seems that, yes, the Hate Plague derivative is not the techno-organic fungal spore which we had encountered previously, but rather a rather clever replication. It seems that, as Perceptor had theorized, its mechanism involves injection of a viral substitute in order to incite aggression. Unfortunately, it does involve some techno-organic fusion at the very least, which would mean that an Electro-Magnetic Pulse would not be quite as effective.”

“I thought Imps were xenophobic. Why would they use organic fusion?” Mixmaster said.

Hook shrugged. “No pride in their work. Get working and let us find a cure.”

Hate Plague Danger zone

Tinker nodded sympathetically. “I understand what you feel. And in any case, Shuttle Gunner is quite a good name. Listen, Sandstorm- if that’s your friend back there- he’s in good hands. The best medical hands in our planet. He’s going to be fine.”

Darkjet was silent, then chuckled. “No, I think Darkjet would suit you fine.”

“You sure? Pinkjet is a rather manly name.” Tinker joked. “Skywarp would call you that anyway if he’s still alive…”

Darkjet waggled his wings, then stopped as he saw the giant titans rose in the distance. “Hey, any of you guys see Thunderwing… or… wow. What the hell are those? I don’t even know we managed to even build an army of those. My stupid creator and his madcap inventions…”

“What are those things?” Tinker asked.

“Armada-Class Destroyers, and S-Link Class Destroyers. I mean, I know Afterburner and Skydive are working on something big, but-”

Blast Off shrugged (or as best he could do while being a space shuttle, anyway). “Heard he had some kind of wacky mental problem. Didn’t really care, gossiping wasn’t really my forte. Vortex loves- loved- that kind of crap, though.”

The Combaticon let out a barking laugh. “I suppose it’s a good thing that they attacked Protihex, wasn’t it? If they attacked Iacon, I sorely doubt everyone would be rushing to your help like this, and we’d all be dead at the end of the day. At least you Autobots stand by your principles.”

Blast Off’s optics, trained to spot things form orbit, spotted the form of Ultra Magnus down below, and Jackpot and Target Hawk nearby. “That’s Magnus.” Blast Off told Fireflight, tone turning serious. “And an Autobot… and a blasted Vortex knockoff. Hated that Bruticus knockoff we saw just now.”

“Do you think I bloody care? I’ll help kill you! Set you free! I think it’s lucky that you meet me.” Jackpot ducked at the precise moment that the blast shot past his head, and he attempted to kick the gun out of Target Hawk’s hands with a Nucleon-empowered kick.

Imperial Landing Zone

Searchlight gasped as he let go of Sideswipe and dashed into the building. “I- thanks, guys.”

“Don’t talk, move!” Windcharger snapped, as he raised his arms, raising the nearby debris and launching them at the ground in front of them, creating a makeshift barricade to ward off the Demons. “Come on, Sideswipe, we better get in too.”

Pyro, gasping to catch his breath, stood tall as he moved beside Optimus Prime. The entire exoskeleton of his chest had been torn apart, as were chunks of his back and his shoulders. One moment earlier he had been convinced that he would die here, that he would die stopping the Demons from getting to Optimus Prime and the Matrix.

It seemed that his last stand worked… or was it Optimus Prime’s Matrix that drove away the Demons? Pyro decided he did not truly care either way, as the tasers on his wrists whined up again, ready to lash out at the Demons should any one of them lunge at Optimus Prime, should the running away be a facade.

He didn’t understand much, he admitted. He didn’t have the knowledge or the wisdom or the strength that his leader have. But he knew that he, at least, had the same convictions.

He would defend his leader with his life.

It was the least he could do.

Drift nodded sagely.

“I concur, Boss.” The former Decepticon said as he and Electro brought down another Demon together, “And, well, without the Matrix I doubt we could do much, secret sword techniques or otherwise…”

“Might I suggest we help those Decepticons take down one of those… whatever the hell those are?” Electro asked, indicating the Decepticons battling Shockfleet.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHH!”

With a roar of rage, Springer shot away from Falcon’s headless, tumbling corpse towards where Rotorstorm was battling Bad Boy. The little Autobot kid was at a severe disadvantage… but he did not falter. Did not even scream. Rotorstorm reminded Springer of a younger version of himself, truthfully. The Springer that Cybertron needed.

Cybertron needed heroes like them.

Springer unsheathed his sword, nonchalantly cutting down a Ramjet-Predator in the process. There was some distance before he reached Bad Boy and Rotorstorm, and if the younger Autobot failed to kill the Imperial, Springer would take it upon himself to finish it off.

As the Omega Sentinel struck at him, Tidal Wave’s braced himself, attempting to dodge… and while the claw did not strike the giant Imperial’s head and crush it (no doubt fatally) it did tear apart a huge chunk of the Imperial’s left shoulder.

Tidal Wave stumbled backwards, and crashed onto the burning ruins of the Imperial shuttles on his back with a loud, resounding “Tidal Waveeee.”

He fired his Tsunami Blasters at the Omega Sentinel.

Dreadwing glared at Omega Sentinel 02, battling against Tidal Wave, and snorted. He opened fire at the Omega Sentinel, complaining under his breath at Tidal Wave’s incompetence and the Omega Sentinel’s obsoleteness... when Artfire’s fireballs smacked onto his face.

“Oh, please, little insects… you want to play? Play with my idiotic brothers. And- Shockfleet, you complete and utter fool, stop letting those four fossils get the better of you!” Dreadwing snapped. “And you- Tidal Wave- you’re supposed to be the team leader! Falcon goes and dies and you fall to the ground- shame on you!”

Dreadwing raised his arm-cannons and unleashed a stream of supercooled plasma at Artfire, while his shoulder cannons whined up and blasted lightning at the approaching Aerialbots, not differentiating between Aerialbot, Decepticon or Predator.

Mirage was still standing still, purple eyes unmoving, as near him battle erupted…

That is, until Skydive and Acid Storm’s groups began to open fire at Tidal Wave. Mirage moved then, leaping into the air with surprising speed, and returning fire with the cannons strapped onto his shoulders and arms.

One of the blast hit Darkstream, turning the already-wounded Combaticon into a fireball that tumbled through the battlefield and slammed past the building that Sideswipe and company were hiding in.

Southeast Border

Volt shrugged at Guzzle, pulling out his sword, which crackled with electricity. “Guess the party is coming this way, huh, Guzzle?”

Shock-Wave’s own giant cannons flipped out from his shoulders, and opened fire with a stream of superheated laser blasts which met the Omega Sentinel’s own twin blasts head on. “Waaaaave.” Shock-Wave chanted.

Manganese Mountains, Underground Base

Brainstorm looked up to Groove and Ratchet, and smiled, bemused. “Did I scare you guys? Sorry.”

The small Headmaster hopped up onto one of the crates, and looked up into the distance. “There seems to be more resources stashed down that old hangar bay. Is that an Autobot frigate? And a couple of CR chambers…” Brainstorm knelt down to inspect the weaponry, and whistled. “The weapons here are pretty good too. I mean, I’m not Hardhead, but I do know a particle accelerator like this isn’t exactly legal.”

The Headmaster leapt up to a nearby computer system that clearly wasn’t part of the original Manganese Base (it certainly wasn’t dusty enough to be) and booted it up. “Maybe this will give us some answers, huh?” The Headmaster said.
Ulcrain
Protoform

Post by Ulcrain »

Trion

With a gush of wind, the Xal-9 came down to Mindsets level. Mindset then walked onto the bridge and sat down on the commander chair.

"Ready where you are, Prowl. I'll follow your every move." Mindset said to Prowl over the comm link.

Imperial Landing Zone

Bad Boy plunged his trident deeper into Roterstorm. "Die" he snarled until the Turbomasters slip in gun fired at his face.

Luckily for him, the field around the two was able to negatate to blast, mearly sending shrapnel into his face that knocked him out of the sky, sending him crashing to the ground.

Treds blasted his way through the Demons. "Need some more help?" he asked Pyro. Treds then grined under his faceplate.

This was how the fight was supposed to happen.

____________________________________________-

Tidel Wave Battle

Phopys was tossed back by Broadsides axe swing. He then looked up to see Barcia pick himself up and charge before being thrown back by Sandstorm.

Phophys then saw Topspin charge towards to wounded Barcia, the dust obscuring who it was. Phophys then jumped in front of the drills. Barcia was more important than him.

"Run brother! Run!"

With those words, Barcia jumped away as a piller of flame burst out at Topspin and Phophy of Flame fell to the ground, optics cold, dark and lifeless.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Imperial Landing Zone

Rotorstorm's blast knocked Bad Boy out of the sky, and Springer immediately shot down towards Rotorstorm, intent to help the younger Autobot into a controlled landing or stay airborne.

He knew his priorities... the little Imperial was not worth it.

Springer reached out and held Rotorstorm by the arm, steadying him if the wound from the trident should make him dizzy, staying airborne himself by his jet boosters. "Nice work, kid." Springer said approvingly.

Electro was mildly surprised when Bad Boy fell out of the sky nearby him, but he did not look a gift horse in the mouth. "Drift- Boss- looks like we've got one of their commanders alive over here!" Electro walked over to Bad Boy, and raised his crackling lightsaber over the Imperial.

"Electro, don't-"

"I know, Drift. Sheesh." Electro replied cheerily as he brought the tip of his blade at the fallen Bad Boy's face. "You know, I should gut you right now. I really should. But since I'm an Autobot and all that, I'm going to give you one chance to surrender, Imperial."

Broadside nodded, growling with angry pleasure as Phopys fell to his and Sandstorm's attacks, and finally finished off by Topspin. "Kill them all, Wreckers. They killed Whirl and Twin Twist- kill them all!"

Broadside raised his plasma pulse gun, and opened fire on the evading Barcia, showing absolutely no qualms at hitting a disoriented enemy.

That was how they killed Twin Twist, and by Primus he was not going to let his friend's killer walk away free, Autobot Code or not.
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Topspin grinned, or would have if he wasn't in vehicle mode. The speed he rammed the wounded Phopys with crushed the life from the Imperial just as surely as they had done to Twin Twist.

Topspin took a moment to disengage his armor from his Pophys' dead body, and then transformed. He looked over at Broadside, and then Broadside's target. He raised his gun and fired it at Barcia as well.

---------------------

Highbrow took a moment to make sure he had the right coordinates entered, and then locked in on the channel that Perceptor specified. "Beginning jamming sequence momentarily." The jamming signal went out across the specific signal, spreading as far as the broadcaster would carry it. "It should be sufficient to reach across most of the battlefield."

"Thunderwing will, no doubt, perceive what we are doing quickly. He shall try to alter the frequency as often as possible so that we cannot home in on his channel and keep disrupting him. Can you put an algorithm in place to keep scanning for the new channels?" He asked Perceptor. "As they find them, my jamming frequency can auto broadcast over the new channel."
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Battlefield

"Decepticons! To me!" Archforce shouted at Runabout and Battletrap. Runabout immediately appeared, but Battletrap took a little longer due to having two personalities.

"What-What do we do now?" Battletrap said, his voice distorted by an echo effect.

"What do ya think?" Runabout said. "We blow that thing up! We tear it down!"

"That's correct, Runabout." Archforce said. "Attack!"

With that, the Decepticons resumed blasting at Shockfleet's damaged knee.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Imperial Landing Zone

Shockfleet muttered as he leapt aside to avoid taking the fire from Archforce's team, but it meant that other parts of his frame was hit by the fire instead.

Shockfleet swung around so the massive pieces of hull kibble, arranged somewhat like a cape, would bear the brunt of Archforce's deadly fusion blast, but the rest of the fire tore pockmarks into his armour.

"Shockshockshockshock!" Shockfleet chanted. The three Decepticons were gathered together, and he aimed his shoulder cannons down at Archforce's team, opening fire.

With his arm-mounted cannons he opened fire into the air, trying to take down some of the Aerialbots or Seekers, though he wasn't exactly aiming, and one of the Predators got vaporized by his fire.
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Imperial Landing Zone

"Scatter!" Archforce shouted as Shockfleet opened fire on the team. He, Runabout and Battletrap's car half managed to jump away just in time to avoid most of the shots, but were still hit by some of them, and Runabout in particular ended up pinned down under some debris. However, Battletrap's helicopter half wasn't as quick, and it was blown apart.

Battletrap's car half suddenly felt a sharp twinge of pain, then another, and then another.

"No. No. No! Why does this have to happen to me? Why must he take me down with him? Why?"

A wave of pain washed over Battletrap, leaving dead circuitry in its wake. Then, everything stopped.

(OOC: Yeah, Battletrap is dead. Sorry Blackjack! :P )
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Imperial Landing Zone

(OOC: Battletrap :()

Shockfleet's sensors indicated that one of the energy signatures of the small group of ground-bound Decepticons before him had been snuffed out. "Shockshockshock!" The large Imperial growled in delight, before opening fire at Archforce, judging him to be the greater threat as opposed to the stationary Runabout.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Battlefield

Overdrive swooped down alongside Broadside firing at the Imperials.

~*~

Scoop fired at the Imperials with his 2 targetmasters.##
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Imperial Landing Zone

Archforce heard Shockfleet opening fire again, and tried to evade as best as his bulky form would allow him. However, he was not quick enough, and one of Shockfleet's shells reduced his left arm to a twisted mess of metal and wires. Energon leaked from where shrapnel had pierced his armour. Plainly, he was in bad shape. A thought about giving up ran through his mind, but he quickly discarded it.

Megatron would not have given up. Megatron would have kept going.

All his life Archforce had compared himself to Megatron. He had rebuilt himself to resemble him. Now Megatron was gone.

Archforce roared. This Imperial would not destroy him. He took aim at Shockfleet's damaged knee with his fusion cannon, charged it, and fired.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Scrapper gave Long Haul an understanding nod, then gave Moonjet a look of approval. "Well...good," he told the Imperial. "I wish more youth were as skeptical as you when it comes to what their masters want them to believe. Too many people only learn after the fact that they've been fed lies to make them do what people like Megatron or Thunderwing want them to do."

He heard Hook's report, but didn't respond. Though he'd never say it, he trusted the other Constructicon to supervise the plague research -- if he hadn't, he'd never have asked him to do it.

After making a few more connections, he waved Nightstick over and said, "I'm almost done. You see those two connectors at the base of his skull?"

"...yes," the Nebulan told him. "And for the record, I don't like where this is going. I'm not doing any brain surgery."

"You misunderstand," Scrapper said. "You're not doing surgery on anything. They're fused in place, and I can't get them out without causing serious damage to the surrounding equipment. You, on the other hand, can. Transform and hit them with a low-intensity blast from your oxidizing laser."

"You...want me to rust a hole in his brain?"

"Yes," Scrapper told him. "A very small, very precise hole. Quickly, please."

"I, uh...sure," Nightstick told him as he transformed. "You'll need to hold me, though."

Battlefield

"Cool it," Sandstorm warned Broadside. "We're here to do a job. Revenge doesn't enter into it. You can miss Twin Twist and Whirl once we get back to Debris. Going crazy is only going to make sure that we need to add you to the memorial wall along with them."

Although he shot at Barcia too, because...well, why wouldn't he? The Imperials were still enemies, and even if he didn't want to fly into a rage he still wanted to shoot them.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"His odds are small," Shuttle Gunner told Tinker. "But I agree. When I saw that Scrapper was working on him, I revised his survival estimates up by eight percent. He is, as you say, an excellent medic."

He scanned the ground around him, then said, "No, I have not see Thunderwing since we departed. However, it appears that one of those giants are heading for the hospital. Considering our friends are there, I think we're obliged to help defend it."

Fireflight couldn't disagree with Blast Off. "No, they probably wouldn't," he admitted. "Although that would be made up for by the dozens of Dark Guardians they'd have to fight their way through to get to the city."

He looked where the Combaticon was indicating and said, "Magnus is all red. That's bad. Don't know the other Autobot, or the 'Con."

Target Hawk no-sold Jackpot's kick, absorbing it without dropping his gun or showing any noticeable distress.

"No," he told the Autobot. "Your luck just ran out."

He punched at the Autobot with his free hand, his tail rotor popping out and starting to spin like a buzzsaw along the way.

Imperial Landing Zone

Skydive dodged incoming fire from Shockfleet, then fired a barrage from his nega-gun at the Imperial's main guns' barrels. He hoped to deform them, so that they would explode when they were next fired.

Acid Storm groaned as yet another of the Imperial ships rose up to attack them, killing one of the Combaticons he'd been flying with.

"Seriously?" he asked Mirage incredulously. "Seriously? You guys are practically the last ones left of the Imperial army. What are you still fighting for? Go away!"

He fired hyperion blasts at the ground the larger Transformer was standing on, trying to make his footing unsteady.

Sideswipe dove into the building through a window, purely for dramatic effect.

"Searchlight, find a good spot to shoot from and start killing Demons!" He fired out the window, using kinetic slugs rather than energy weapons that would only empower the creatures more. "Windcharger, keep doing what you're doing!"

The Lunatic Fringe

Starscream fired up the stairwell, his upgraded null rays stunning the two Thunderwing shells long enough that he was able to transform and hit them with cluster bombs. Then he blasted past them at full burn, transformed back to robot mode and shot them in the back with another volley. The force of his attack pitched them forward and sent them tumbling down the stairs themselves.

Cyclonus, for his part, ignored the two shells coming for him. Vaulting over the desk that separated himself from Thunderwing, he grabbed the smaller Decepticon by the throat and choke-slammed him into the floor. Then he effortlessly hefted him up and drove him into the wall.

"This ends now!"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

Moonjet shrugged. "In my defense regarding listening Thunderwing... it's either 'follow or blasted into atoms for amusement'. I was... you know, following orders and all that... wait wait wait wait- you're going to rust my brain?"

Long Haul sighed. "We've got to make do with those idiot Micromasters slacking off. Usually we'll get one of them to use a microscalpel or something, but since they're cooling off somewhere... Bonecrusher'll probably squish them if he hears about this." Long Haul shot of a winning look at Moonjet. "Don't worry, jet boy. It'll be fine. We improvise like this all the time."

A small explosion attracted Long Haul's attention, and the Constructicon turned around to see Mixmaster's chemistry set having blown up (again), while nearby Hook shook his head in disdain.

Battlefield

"Oh, it's one of those sweet times where the job and revenge coincide, Sandy." Broadside growled, "It's not one of those 'if we kill him Prowl will court-martial our afts' things. And, well, I don't intend to go onto the memorial wall any time soon."

Broadside continued opening fire at Barcia.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"Only eight percent? You haven't met the Constructicons for long, have you?" Tinker chuckled. "They're crazy, the lot of them. But they're miracle workers inbetween blowing up chemistry sets and using corpses to make makeshift barricades."

"Yes, Shuttle Gunner. Though I doubt the three of us can do much... we can at least distract him." Darkjet said, and transformed into robot mode, pulling out his missile launcher. "DARK MISSILE LAUNCHER!"

"Must you say that?" Tinker asked as he swooped down for a strafing run, firing tranquilizer-tipped darts at Dark Fleet.

"Voice activated. Specific wording voice activated." Darkjet muttered. "Xal, I hate Skydive."

Blast Off chuckled. "Somehow I think those giant battleship things that appeared suddenly in the distance is the endgame for your Omega Guardians. Probably why they didn't show up until this late in the battle... they were preparing to move to Iacon. Guess Thunderwing never thought we'd mobilize against the Warworld and Protihex that quickly."

"Speaking of the Warworld, I'm surprised it hasn't fired and burnt Iacon up yet. Whoever's sent up there must be doing a damn good job."

Blast Off snorted. "The 'Con's a Vortex knockoff... which means there is a camo-coloured-me somewhere in the battlefield. What do we do? Short of mercy-killing them, which for the record I am against."

"I make my own luck, 'Con." Jackpot snarled at Target Hawk, trying to dodge the buzzsaw. Nucleon enhanced his senses. On a good day, even point-blank it wouldn't be much of a threat.

However, this was not a good day, and his brain was addled by the Hate Plague.

Target Hawk's rotors slashed a deep gouge into Jackpot's face, sending him tumbling backwards onto the ground.

Breakdown whimpered. "Hun-Grrr? Are we- are we there yet?"

Imperial Landing Zone

Shockfleet growled as Skydive's nega-gun slammed onto the cannons on his shoulders. Archforce's fusion blasts slammed onto his knee, and Skyburst added in his own missiles into the mix, which slammed onto Shockfleet's hull.

Shockfleet aimed at Skydive and Archforce, and opened fire.

The shoulder cannons, however, due to Skydive's nega-guns, overheated and blew up straight in Shockfleet's face, sending the surprised Imperial tumbling backwards in surprise. The sudden movement was too much for his wounded knee, which, with a sickening crack, bent away at an awkward angle to Shockfleet.

The Imperial scrabbled at the ground, attempting to find footing. "Shockshockshockshock-"

Mirage moved his head slowly and glared at Acid Storm, not saying anything. It was not clear whether he was simply too stupid to say, or did not think that the Seeker's question merited answering. His eyes, however, looked dangerously intelligent compared to Shockfleet or the others, which suggested anything but the former.

The ground around Mirage's feet was torn apart by the hyperion cannons, but Mirage did not move or topple.

A short distance away, another Mirage appeared and opened fire at Acid Storm, while the Mirage that the Seeker had been firing at shimmered and disappeared.

"Show off!" Windcharger snapped at Sideswipe good-naturedly as he zipped in, continuing to send whatever he could find to block or pummel the enroaching Demons.

"Got it." Searchlight crawled towards one of the windows in the building (not an easy thing to do with damaged feet) and pulled out his weapon, setting it for conventional bullets and opened fire. He wasn't as good a shot as Sideswipe, but at least he was helping out.
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Imperial Landing Zone

Archforce laughed. He had succeeded, and now the Imperial was struggling to stand. Destroying him would be a simple matter now.

He pulled out his gun, and fired several diversionary shots at the Imperial's chest. He followed this up by taking aim with his fusion cannon again, this time at Shockfleet's head. He had to make this shot count: the cannon was never intended to be fired so often within such a short period of time.

He steadied himself, and fired at Shockfleet's head.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Scrapper chuckled at Moonjet's fear. "No, silly. Am I currently wrist-deep in your skull? I'm going to rust fake-Brawl's brain."

Nightstick cut in. 'Well, actually, I am."

"Right, right. Technicalities." Scrapper held Nightstick up with his free hand, aiming him at the damaged section of brain.

When Mixmaster's test tubes exploded, Scrapper glared over at him, snapping, "Be more careful! What if you'd had Hate Plague spores in there?"

Battlefield

Sandstorm shook his head at Broadside's recklessness. "Whatever. But if you die, I'll tell your corpse 'I told you so'."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Shuttle Gunner groaned. "Is it at all possible that you could whisper?" he asked Darkjet. "Or perhaps scavenge a weapon from one of the fallen?"

The Battle Gaia gunner seemed to hum as his internal capacitors charged up to full power. It would take a few seconds before he was ready to fire.

"I'm not a fighter jet and I don't have a rapid-fire weapon," he said as he started climbing higher in the atmosphere, "so it would be preferable if you didn't attract too much attention to us."

"Didn't even realize they could do that," Fireflight said in response to Blast Off's question about why Iacon was still standing. Then the Aerialbot scoffed. "Well I'm sure not killing our own people," he told Blast Off, "so don't worry about that. And I doubt we could anyway. I mean, us against Magnus? No thanks. And that Sideswipey guy looks kinda scary too."

He thought for a few seconds. "Um...I've got a photon displacer. I guess I can blind them? Not sure if it'll help, but maybe I can do that and then we could knock them out? Do you have a stunner, or an ion gun, or something?"

"Really? Looks like you made the bad kind." Target Hawk crowed victoriously as he cut up Jackpot's face, before he pressed his attack and sliced down at the Autobot's midsection.

Imperial Landing Zone

Skydive didn't give Shockfleet the chance to recover, firing nega-gun blasts at his shoulders and hips in the hope that he would tear his own joints off trying to climb back to his feet. Or at the very least, slow him down enough that Archforce could deliver a coup de grace.

Acid Storm got one of his wings clipped by the second Mirage's attacks, and bit back a curse.

"Oh, so you're one of those, are you?" Instead of firing down at the newly-appeared Transformer, he climbed and headed toward cloud-seeding altitude. "Well, I have ways to deal with that."

Sideswipe grinned. "Runs in the family," he told Windcharger. "Just be happy that I'm not trying to wrestle a fighter jet or play chicken with a tank, for once."

He let off a burst of machine gun fire, tearing open the chest of a demon that got too close to the building for comfort.

"How you holding up?" he asked Searchlight. "I don't know how long it'll be before we can get you to a medic."

The Warworld -- Three months ago

"Submit to me!"

Thunderwing glared down at the Matrix, frustration and hatred burning in his optics.

"I seized you for my own. By all rights, I am your master. Do as I command!"

No.

Thunderwing winced as the voice cut directly into his brain, sending sharp spikes of pain shooting through his cerebral cortex.

"This is my destiny!" Thunderwing slammed his fist into the wall. "I've spent my whole life fighting for this, for you. What gives you the right to deny me, to deny the one who has struggled and yearned for centuries in favour of some Unicron-born pup?"

You do not understand. It was a different voice this time, louder and deeper.

"You keep saying that!" Thunderwing threw his hands up into the air in frustration. "You keep saying that, but how am I to understand if you won't explain yourself?"

You don't have the capacity to understand. Thunderwing recognized that voice. It was Galvatron.

"I have more capacity than you could dream of," he shot back. "I used Unicron's soul as a tool, and I had the willpower to discard it when he tried to assert himself."

Revisionist history. We were there, watching. You were a puppet. Nothing more.

"You were--" Thunderwing scoffed. "You were nowhere to be seen! You were rotting inside Gigatron, hiding and forcing him to build a new Megatron for some insane reason."

We wanted unity, one of the voices said.

But it was a miscalculation, added another.

Your people weren't ready, said a third.

"But we are now?"

Perhaps.

"I have an army," Thunderwing said. "A band of minions who will follow me into death, if I ask it. I can bring unity to Cybertron. We can. Together."

Yes, one of the voices said.

And no.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Thunderwing demanded.

You will bring peace, one voice said.

But not how you think you will, another added.

"How am I supposed to do what you want," Thunderwing snapped in frustration, "if all you're ever going to do is talk in riddles? Just tell me what you want."

No.

We won't tell you.

We will show.

Thunderwing was about to ask what they meant when a bolt of purple lightning shot from the Matrix. It slammed into his chest, burning through every circuit and shaking his body like a leaf in the wind. He lay there, on the ground, quivering with pain for he knew not how long. But when the Pretender finally felt the strength return to his limbs, when he was finally able to rise to his feet again...

...he knew.

With a determined look on his face, Thunderwing took the Decepticon Matrix and slipped it into his chest. Then he walked over to the intercom and summoned his senior officers.

There was much work to be done.

The Lunatic Fringe -- Now

Starscream fired his null rays again, stunning the shells that were trying to grab Cyclonus from behind as he brutalized their owner.

Cyclonus slammed Thunderwing into the floor again, growling, "Give it up, Pretender! The war is over. Your soldiers are all either dead or defected. Your superweapons are being reverse-engineered and shut down, and you can't hope to beat us. Hand over the Matrix and I'll let you spend the rest of your life rusting away in a penal colony instead of killing you outright."

But Thunderwing didn't answer. If he felt the pain, he didn't show it. He just seemed to stare off into the distance, muttering, "This isn't what you said would happen. Not this. Not like this."

"He's lost it," Starscream snarked. "Just finish him and be done with it."

Cyclonus set his jaw. "That might not be a bad idea," he admitted as he drew his oxidizing laser.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

"Oh." Moonjet replied to Scrapper, a bit mollified. "Okay then."

Long Haul was standing nearby, watching the procedure with big puppy eyes, eager, oh so very eager. Partly because it involved shooting a blast of oxidizing chemicals into someone's brain.

"Exactly! What an incompetent fool you are!" Hook snapped, adding to Scrapper's remark.

"You know, I did have the Hate Plague spores in here..." Mixmaster said, a worried frown coming across his face, which, in itself, worried Hook. Mixmaster seldom showed any emotion but anger and rabid giddiness, for worry to actually enter the equation...

Mixmaster raised his hands and observed them, and Hook's hand reached away from his equipment for his laser pistol. He did not want to kill Mixmaster, but better to knock him out and stuff him beside Sixshot rather than-

"Huh, so my crazy concoction killed the viral-spores. Wasn't entirely sure it would work. Honestly." Mixmaster said, grinning manicly. "Not much use when the spores are hiding inside a Transformer's body, but at least we know we can kill them."

Hook rolled his optics as he moved his hands away from the pistol. "You were supposed to be studying the makeup of the spores. Not trying to melt them."

"Meh."

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"Voice and volume activated." Darkjet answered Shuttle Gunner. "And, uh... scavenge..."

Tinker sighed and tossed Darkjet a pistol. "Use mine."

Darkjet nodded, and opened fire with the pistol. "Doesn't have the same oomph as dark missile launchers." Darkjet said forlornly.

"I don't know about you, but I'm with Shuttle on this one. I don't fancy getting blown up by that big scary buddy of yours."

Blast Off shrugged. Then peered down at Magnus and company, before replying to Fireflight. "That guy, the one you say look like Sideswipe, I think I know who he is. He's the leader of the Stormtroopers... not the Star Wars kind. Some kind of crack off-Earth raiding team. It's only the leader you should be scared of, though. Named Wrath or Rage or something."

Blast Off shook his head. "My armaments are all strictly sniper guns and stuff, made to burn holes through people's skulls (OOC: unless I forgot something, in which case feel free to call Blast Off out) but I guess we could blind them, buy them some time before they murder each other."

"Oh, I really don't think that's the case, Vortex boy." Jackpot replied to Target Hawk as he rolled on the ground, the Decepticon's strike clanging onto the debris-filled ground.

Jackpot picked up a discarded limb from the ground and tossed it at Target Hawk as he got to his feet.

A familiar visage re-entered Jackpot's vision, and the hate-engulfed Autobot yelled out a stupid challenge. "Yo Magnus! You too scared to fight me?"

Imperial Landing Zone

"Oh, but I won't, Sandy. You know that." Broadside said as he continued to open fire at Barcia. "We should be taking out the giants. These small fries aren't really going anywhere."

Shockfleet growled as Skydive's nega-blast warped his shoulders, while Archforce's blasts tore apart his chest. Small explosions blossomed in Shockfleet's chest, and the Imperial could only make out a grunt, before Archforce's fusion blast slammed square into Shockfleet's face, blowing apart the Decepticon's head outwards, sending horns, faceplate and optics falling apart everywhere.

The stump of the head sparked, before the multiple blasts caused another explosion, leaving a gaping hole in Shockfleet's torso.

Mirage merely narrowed his optics, very calm. His faceplate was almost angled into a mocking sneer.

"Acid hurts me not." Mirage hissed. "Built to sail on all seas. Waste not your time. Come to your death."

Dreadwing sighed morosely as he continued to open fire randomly.

Windcharger chuckled at Sideswipe. "Jet judo, eh? You've got to teach me that sometime. It's awesome." Windcharger swung his arms, and sent a crate flying and slamming onto another Demon.

"I- Energon flow to wounds, well, I've cut them off." Searchlight told Sideswipe. "Don't worry about me. I'm- well, I'm not a rookie. Not so much now."
TLB80

Post by TLB80 »

Imperial Landing Zone

A faint smile formed on Archforce's face as Shockfleet finally fell. However, his joy was short-lived, as he then turned towards Runabout.

Runabout's leg was trapped under the wreckage of Battletrap's helicopter mode. "Got...to...MOVE!" he screamed, as he tried to move the wreckage. Archforce limped over to Runabout, reached under the wreckage, and lifted it, allowing Runabout to move away. The Battlecharger tried to stand up, but quickly fell down again due to his crushed leg.

Archforce dropped the wreckage, then fell to his knees. Energon bled from his many wounds. His optics flickered on-and-off.

(OOC: No, he isn't dying...)
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Constructicon Hospital

Scrapper chuckled as he worked the chip out of Sandstorm's head.

"Almost done," he told Moonjet. "Long Haul, please hand me the thermal grease and the replacement component."

Then he said to Mixmaster, "Can you do it without the exploding? Because we can explode the infected already."

Nightstick, now back in robot mode, sat on the table and watched the Constructicon work.

Battlefield

Sandstorm shook his head. "You, maybe," he told Broadside. "But I'm not going anywhere either. Or did you forget that whole 'both of my alt-modes are wrecked' thing?"

Hate Plague Danger Zone

Shuttle Gunner actually laughed. "It sounds like your Skydive wanted to get you killed," he observed. "I'm not sure you had very good friends, Darkjet."

His capacitors finished charging, he fired a titanic gamma ray blast down at the nearest of the giant Imperials.

"It's better than nothing," Fireflight told Blast Off as he started firing his photon displacer down at Magnus. The giant Autobot immediately started firing up into the air, but his shots were so randomly aimed that it was clear he couldn't see at all.

"Uh...maybe you could use those fancy sniper guns to burn holes through people's guns? Just this once?"

Target Hawk batted the broken limb out of the air, then pulled one of his sniper rifles. When Jackpot turned his attention to Ultra Magnus, the Decepticon snapped the weapon up to his shoulder, sighted down the barrel and fired a shot at Jackpot's centre of mass.

Imperial Landing Zone

"Good shooting!" Skydive called to Archforce.

But the Aerialbot leader didn't allow himself any time to enjoy Shockfleet's defeat. Pulling up, he designated Dreadwing as his next target and accelerated toward him, loosing his missiles as soon as he had a firing solution.

Acid Storm didn't take Mirage's threats very seriously. "Do you know how many of your Imperial buddies have said things like that to me today?" he asked. "I'm still here, and I'm not going anywhere until long after you've turned to rust."

Switching to missiles, he fired a full spread of corrosive warheads...not at the giant, but at the ground on which he stood.

"Say," he asked conversationally, "just how heavy do you suppose you are, anyway?"

Sideswipe scoffed. "It's really not," he told Windcharger. "Actually, it's a really good way to get your aft kicked."

"Sounds like you're toughening up," he added in Searchlight's direction, being completely unaware of what the other Autobot had gone through while he was offline. "You'll do fine."

The Lunatic Fringe

Cyclonus drew his gun, aiming it at Thunderwing's chest.

"Give up the Matrix," he told the Pretender, "and I'll make this quick. Otherwise I'm going to burn a hole right through you and tear it out."

Thunderwing just laughed. "You still don't understand, do you? It never wanted you, Cyclonus! You were just a puppet! Just a tool that it used to free itself from that monstrous fusion of Galvatron and Megadeath! You've fought so long and hard -- for what? For a bauble that will toss you away when it's finished with you, just like it's trying to do to me?"

"You're wrong," Cyclonus told him. "I've touched the Decepticon Matrix. I know it all too well. I know what it wants...and I know that we'll never be free as long as it's pulling our strings."

Thunderwing's face turned into a mask of shock. Moments later, Starscream's did as well.

"You can't...you can't be serious!" Starscream shrieked. "Think of the power you would be throwing away!"

"Power means nothing when you're just a vessel of something greater than you," Cyclonus told him, not taking his eyes off of Thunderwing for a second. "The only true power is that which you have earned. Has your life of failures taught you nothing, Starscream?"

"Oh, absolutely." Starscream shot Cyclonus in the chest with his null rays, then knocked him away and grabbed at Thunderwing. "It's taught me to know when to seize an opportunity!"

His fingers started clawing at Thunderwing's chest, trying to tear it open.

"The Matrix, the Decepticons, Cybertron -- they're all mine!"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Constructicon Hospital

"But explosions are fun! You can't seriously considering an experiment where there isn't at least three separate explosions!" Mixmaster pouted.

"I swear, Mix, if there is a second explosion I'm going to go over there and shove the spores down your nose." Long Haul muttered as he handed Scrapper the grease and the replacement part.

"That would be counterproductive, transport boy, wouldn't it?" Mixmaster asked. "Cause that'll infect me and you and create another spread of the Hate Plague."

Hook shook his head in obvious annoyance and the sound of fingers banging the keyboard coming from his workstation became louder and louder, trying to block out the sheer unprofessionalism that was coming out of two of his Constructicon comrades.

"You have to deal with this everyday?" Moonjet asked Scrapper.

"Pretty much." Long Haul shrugged. "You should see this if Bonecrusher was up and running."

Near the Hospital

"Skydive is not my friend." Darkjet replied to Shuttle Gunner. "He was my creator. I harbour no... no positive association with Skydive."

"Guys, get ready to go evasive." Tinker warned Darkjet and Shuttle Gunner. "Soon he's going to notice we're shooting blasts of, eh, 'dark missile launcher!' down at him."

Tinker's tranquilizer darts pinged off Dark Fleet's hull, but Darkjet's Dark Missile and Shuttle Gunner's gamma blast slammed into the back of the giant's head.

However, when the smoke cleared it was clear that the attack did nothing but scorch the thick armour of the behemoth. Dark Fleet's attention, however, was diverted away from Fortress Maximus and the Combaticons, and he turned around ever so slightly, the anti-aircraft turrets on his body aiming at the three little jets and opening fire.

Hate Plague Danger Zone

"I'll probably burn a hole through people's hands, more likely. The radius of my beam attacks aren't that small. To, uh, you know, kill." Blast Off told Fireflight. "Decepticon weapon and everything. Never bothered to change it. Should have."

Blast Off snorted. "So, who first? Magnus, the Stormtrooper, Vortex knockoff or the Jazz lookalike?"

Jackpot realized Target Hawk moving for his rifle, and he lurched forwards, but even his luck couldn't move him faster than a blast of energy. While Target Hawk's blast did not hit Jackpot in the torso or abdomen, the fact that it was aimed at Jackpot's center of mass meant that Jackpot's movement -- in any direction -- would also mean that the shot has a significant chance of hitting him.

And hit him, the shot did.

Jackpot roared as the side of his hip burst open by the blast, sending him spinning through the air and crashing facedown onto the ground.

Imperial Landing Zone

"Did you forget the whole 'giant alternate modes' thing?" Broadside asked Sandstorm. "Or is widdle Sandy too proud to hitch a piggyback ride with the big boys?"

"You know, I hated that idiot Shockfleet. I would thank you, but I hate- HEY!" Dreadwing snarled as the missiles slammed onto the ground around him, one of them slamming against his chest.

Dreadwing snarled. "Okay, you know what? Enough talking."

The large Imperial swung his shoulder cannons into the sky and opened fire, sending several missiles flying into the air.

"Many, I bet." Mirage replied to Acid Storm with a tone that suggests they were having a conversation. "And, no, I do not think any of them turn into battleships that are capable of withstanding Mercury or Acidic seas, mm?"

Mirage frowned as the corrosive missiles slammed onto the ground around him. He sighed in disapproval. Did this Seeker not understand his admonishment? He would have to kill him quickly-

Ah.

"Clever insect." Mirage said with actual sincerity, before the ground around him broke apart, and he fell down onto the sublevels of underground Protihex.

Windcharger shrugged. "Looks pretty cool, nonetheless. Hah!" Windcharger raised his hands up, and a girder shot out of the ground to slam onto a Demon's chin, breaking the unfortunate creature's teeth.

"Thanks." Searchlight replied to Sideswipe. He was starting to get recognized, instead of being known as 'one of those tagalong kids that went with Goldbug'...