[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex), Part II

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hoist's Shuttle

Searchlight chuckled bitterly at Sludge’s reminiscence of Freeway and Slag, and then shook his head. “No, Sludge, I am sorry. It was… impolite of me.” Searchlight shook his head. “If you ask me, Grimlock’s probably beating up what’s left of the Imperial. Guy’s too powerful to die. Heck, I’m alive, aren’t I?”

He shrugged and idly picked up a chunk of damaged metal Hoist had extracted from him before. “Politics. Never did understand it. What do you think, Hoist? Almost my entire life’s been embroiled in war, I can’t really think what I’ll do once we get back to Iacon. I’ve never given it much thought, yeah? Chase always wanted to go back teaching, Freeway wanted to do stand-up comedy… but me, I’ve always actively hunted down military jobs, like that prison gig. Funny, isn’t it? Jittery little Throttlebot Searchlight, not ready to let go of war?”

Constructicon Hospital

Brawl squinted. “He’s a tiger? Thought tigers were white. With polka-dot patterns. Or are those cheetahs? Eh, I can never tell Earthen wildlife apart. Heck, I can’t even tell Cybertronian wildlife apart.”

Grimstone chuckled. “Trust me. One of the Minibots told me why it was funny, and it’s not the fact that it’s not a dinosaur name. Or a giant killer robot name. Can’t believe Slag allowed the humans to get away with it at all, though, Primus rest his Spark.” Grimstone turned to Brawl. “Paddles is an Elasmosaur. Bloody unwieldy on land… he should’ve been graceful in the water, but he’s such an idiot it’s more likely that he gets his head twisted in a knot than anything.”

Brawl winced. “I… think we… well, that is to say, the Decepticons, may have caused his death. I vaguely remember some poor chap in Dinobot colours that the Seacons or Insecticons or someone attacked one day but we couldn’t figure which Autobot we killed.”

“Eh, that was the day before all those GPS trackers in our noggins, wasn’t it?” Grimstone asked, tapping his head. “The ones that tell us when we’re dead or alive or whatever?”

(OOC: Neither Grimstone nor Brawl is an Autobot anymore, whereas Searchlight’s not a high-ranking officer, so they probably can’t scan for Grimlock yet)

Hook scoffed. “I do not appreciate you treating my sophisticated intellect as some sort of… of… barbaric, cruel and unusual form of torture! It is demeaning! And I do not preach politics either, I am a surgeon! A proud and mighty-”

Mercifully, Shockwave cut Hook off by addressing them. Hook shut up as per Decepticon protocol, and nodded.

From a corner, Mixmaster grinned in giddiness. “Scavenger’s materials are top-notch! Of course, all the dead bodies around and all the variants of metals found in our race means that it’s a piece of cake in order to obtain metals… not to mention that tissue samples of deactivated Hate Plague viruses are in major abundance, hee hee hee-”

Long Haul and Bonecrusher looked at each other, gave an exasperated sigh as Mixmaster ranted, before moving as one, taking the batches of anti-virus from Mixmaster’s table, and walking over to where Shockwave, Scrapper and Hook were. “We load them into the pods now, right, boss-people?” Long Haul asked.

“Bonecrusher, you brute- do- please be careful with those ampoules…” Hook said with a condescending scoff. Bonecrusher, having stuck with Hook for more than four million years, had learnt to tune out most of Hook’s angry comments, which saves them from much violence.

Tinker grinned. “Well, maybe life’s an illusion. Maybe freedom’s an illusion. Maybe it’s not. But really, I was programmed to be an air fighter. All of us Seeker models are imprinted with an identical mindset once we were rolled out of Vector Sigma. That’s why we’re the ‘Seeker’ model, we seek out and destroy the enemy, whatever we are told to. But look at us now. Look at me now. I’m a mechanic. My late twin was an espionage agent. Commander Acid Storm was an intelligence agent. We choose our own paths.”

Darkjet shook his head. “If I stuck onto my… programming, so to speak… the moment Cyclonus spared my life, I would’ve shot him in the back with my DARK MISSILE LAUNCHER once he turns around. I would not have opened fire on Skydive, nor the Tidal-Wave-class titan.”

“And now, Shuttle Gunner? What do you think of the Decepticons now?” Tinker asked. “A cause? Kinsmen? A group to fall back to? Friends?” The Seeker shrugged. “I suppose I consider you one, now, for what it’s worth.”

Battlefield

Stranglehold frowned. “Bludgeon always treated Black Battle… uh… Black Battle Prime? Black Battle Nemesis? Optimus? Doesn’t sound right. Eh. He always treated evil Optimus as some sort of… uh… what’s the word… padawan?” The Pretender stroked an imaginary beard. “I don’t like Fangry. Not sure why Bludgeon kept him around. Why would he keep idiots, right?”

“We hospitalized him for shits and giggles.” Thundercracker repeated, then he laughed. He hadn’t laughed in a long, long time. Not since Skywarp died, not since Dirge was lost to them… it was a good feeling. Skywarp would’ve approved.

“Skywarp would’ve approved. Skywarp would’ve fired off several volleys by now, and I would’ve had to wrestle him down while you point and laugh.” Thundercracker said, “And Starscream would be screaming at us how we should kill Dirge and be done with it. And if Dirge were here too, he’d probably find the whole thing funny as well. ”

Northern Border

“Powerful, symbols are.” Slog told Blast Master. “But more powerful, grudges are. Beliefs. Religion. Over dead comrades, people fight. At the same time, the dead, people forget. By the next fight, by statistics, blinded they are. Make people remember, Slogism, is supposed to. Turn Slogism into a propaganda tool, the Autobots do! Horrible, Decepticons are, respect for the dead, they do not! One of few who care for the forgotten dead, I am! Treat my art, as creepy decoration, most Decepticons do! Meaning, it has, simple meaning.”

Slog sighed, and waved as Blast Master and Phaser shot off. “Fare well, young ones.” Turning to Wildfly, Slog shook his head. “Shoot them? Allies, they are. Our allies.”

“Hate and disappointment are not very far from each other.” Bludgeon told Sideswipe. “Believe me, I know hate. And whatever emotion it was supposed to be, you are radiating it. Hate your brother you may not, but you hate his choices. Hate the circumstances that turned him so.”

Bludgeon’s skeletal teeth pulled up slightly. “How do you know that I do not have family?” Other than that grin, however, his face betrayed nothing.

The Pretender shook his head. “I understand your kind all too well, but I doubt you will ever understand Metallikato and its code of honour… unless… you are interested in channeling that hate into a more productive art? My former apprentice has just been killed abroad the Warworld, and while Sixshot and Double Punch are promising candidates, I can always take another one under my wing.” Bludgeon chuckled, a chuckle that sounded guttural and hollow. “You can try, Autobot. I doubt there would be any difference.”

Bludgeon tilted his head. “One of yours, is Moonfang not? I might have killed a different Moonfang… or, like I said, he may have returned from the revolving door merely to die again.”

The Lunatic Fringe

“So give Singe and Zigzag to me.” Misfire told Spinister. “I may not have binary-bonded with them, so our coordination would not be as good as they would be with you, but at least this way they can shoot… plus Aimless’ old attachment port is empty.”
Meanwhile outside, the Autobot response team had been keeping watch when, from the back entrance of the hideout, came Spinister and Misfire.

He received Prowl’s message at about the same time that his commander did, and had enough sense to allow Spinister to reply. However, he recognized the mounting tensions, and he did arm his ion cannons, just in case... it was unlikely for Spinister to engage in a dogfight, not when he made such a huge deal of Springer being the reason he could not engage in combat… but just in case.

From a distance, Blitzwing arrived and transformed, merely observing as Cyclonus spoke with Optimus Prime. This felt… familiar, somehow. But without Galvatron? Peace might actually work out. True Decepticon honour might actually win out this time, instead of the madness Galvatron sew amongst his ranks, or the single-minded tyranny that Megatron wished.

Who would’ve guessed Galvatron’s bunny-eared punching bag would have been the new Decepticon leader? The one to make peace with Optimus Prime? Not Blitzwing, definitely.

He wanted to cry out loud, say something like, ‘and me as well’, but he thought it would ruin the moment.

Ground Zero

Unneeded.

Unwanted.

Once he had been used, the others had ignored him. Which is actually logical. He was, after all, a war machine. A walking weapon of mass destruction. An obedient walking weapon of mass destruction, not like his schizophrenic Autobot counterpart.

Which is why they had left Sixshot alone once they had finished requiring his services of evac. Now the rest of the clean-up squad are doing their job – better than what Sixshot could. After all, none of his alternate modes included rescue helicopter or ambulance or transport truck.

So he had taken onto flying over the Hate Plague danger zone, waiting, watching, in hopes of some sort of action. Shockwave was busy. The Constructicons were busy. Bludgeon was confronting Sideswipe, last he saw. Thunderwing was under Optimus Prime’s boot, and Sixshot saw no need to intervene, lest he was engulfed in some sort of mystic energy explosion.

What would weapons do once the war is over? Sixshot had dreaded asking the question many times.

And he yearned for a stronger opponent… partially because he wished to meet his end in battle. Better to meet his end in blazing glory, dealing some kind of massive damage to an unstoppable enemy, rather than to be discarded and finally grind into a halt as some sort of obsolete, unused machine collecting dust in the corner.

What would he do? What would the others do, for that matter? What about Bludgeon? Or the Mayhem Attack Squad? Or the Wreckers? Or the Dinobots? Or the likes of his rivals… like Quick Switch or Pointblank or Ultra Magnus?

Sixshot saw a figure rising from the dead (the literal dead corpses, of course), and primed his hypersonic cannons half-heartedly. He had hoped he would be able to battle Magnus or Chromedome or the others once more, settle their score, collect some heads… and it was with bare enthusiasm when he took aim… and depowered his weapons.

Grimlock...

Yet another one who would fall into disuse once the war is over.
Chip1123
Protoform

Battlefield

Post by Chip1123 »

Thrust caught sight of Thundercracker and Ramjet and hit his afterburners to catch up. He would definitely not be sneaking up on his old friends. "So..." He bellowed over the roar of his engines. "What's the plan for getting Dirge back?"
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoist's Shuttle

Sludge almost shrugged, but restrained himself when he realized his shoulder was being worked on. "Me Sludge not know, Hoist. If me did, me go with him. But me suppose him want to be alone."

Looking over to Searchlight, Sludge told him, "It okay. Me Dinobot. Me not care about polite. Us still friends."

Constructicon Hospital

Snarl shrugged. "I think that was Seasaur," he told Brawl. "We've had some horrible recruits over the years, come to think of it. Don't worry, you'll learn what that feels like in no time."

"Yes, please," Scrapper told Long Haul. "Start loading, and make enough noise when you do that I can't hear Hook or Mixmaster ranting like idiots, please."

Shuttle Gunner shrugged. "I don't think of the Decepticons as anything," he told Tinker after some thought. "They're just an abstract group of people with vaguely similar goals, continuing to operate as they always had in spite of the way the world has changed around them. However, you and Darkjet would clearly qualify as friends, much like Sandstorm and the rest of Battle Gaia."

"Aw...I didn't know you cared."

Shuttle Gunner jumped, then looked around to the table where his commander was lying. Sandstorm had turned his head and was looking at the trio of flyers, tired and groggy but clearly awake.

"You...function?" Shuttle Gunner wasn't equipped to smile but still managed to look like he was beaming. "That is agreeable."

"To you and me both," Sandstorm said with a chuckle, "believe me."

Battlefield

"I'm not even going to touch that," Octopunch sighed. "What would we do without you, Stranglehold?"

He laughed.

"Anyway, I'm getting the boss's signal, so he's landed not too far away. Why don't we go track him down?"

"You're probably right," Ramjet told Thundercracker. Then he sighed. "Warpypants was good people. Screamy, not so much. Miss 'em both, though."

When Thrust joined them, Ramjet looked at him and laughed. "Plan? Seriously? We've met before, right? My name's Ramjet and I fly into things head-first. Plans ain't exactly my thing. We're gonna go to Iacon an' see what happens."

Northern Border

"But they're Autobots," Wildfly said to Slog, confused. "We shoot Autobots, right? I hope we shoot Autobots. Or have I been doing it wrong all these years? Maybe that's why you yell at me all the time."

This time Birdbrain couldn't help but laugh.

Sideswipe was taken aback by Bludgeon's offer. "I'm flattered, but I'm not sure if that's the path for me," he told the Pretender. "I would enjoy being able to appear from nowhere and shoot fireballs from my hands, but I don't think I'd be joining for the right reasons." He shrugged. "Plus, I've never been big on the whole 'discipline' thing."

He scoffed. "No, you're right. Moonfang was an Autobot. But Sunstreaker was..." Sideswipe shook his head, a mix of exasperation and nostalgia on his face. "Sunstreaker was Sunstreaker. When they made him they broke the mold. Deliberately and in several places."

The Autobot car chuckled. "And these are words I never expected to say in the same sentence, but it's been good talking to you, Bludgeon. Take care, and try not to cut the head off of anyone I like. It'd be a shame if we had to have that rematch after all."

Sideswipe transformed and drove off, feeling inexplicably like a huge weight had been lifted off of him.

The Lunatic Fringe

"Your insinuations are an insult to me, my fellow Decepticons and our alliance as a whole," Spinister told Prowl, his voice dripping with disdain. "But since you're beneath my contempt and not worth arguing with, I'll do as you ask. Spinister out."

He adjusted his course to head toward the Autobot frigate.

"You can stand down, Misfire," he told his fellow Decepticon. "Don't worry. In spite of what that arrogant relic might think, we're not going to get into a fight with his flyers. You won't need to worry about borrowing my Nebulans."

"Good!" Hairsplitter chimed in. "If you think I'm jumping onto another aircraft while you're both flying, you're insane!"

"Aww," Singe, on the other hand, was clearly disappointed. "But arrogant relic, eh? You, uh, do realize you sounded exactly like that about ten years ago?"

"Yes, Singe, I am painfully aware of that."

Cyclonus smiled. "I feel better about our chances of success already, my friend," he told Optimus Prime. "And I--"

"N...no..."

Cyclonus looked down at Thunderwing, who was dragging his ruined body slowly toward the Targetmaster and Prime. "No. You ca...n't. You c--"

Before Cyclonus could even decide what to do with the broken fragment of a Transformer a crackling electrostatic burst hit Thunderwing in his centre of mass. The former Decepticon twitched a few times, then fell limp.

"Needlenose..." Cyclonus turned to look at the younger Targetmaster, a stern expression on his face. He was tempted to rebuke him for acting out of turn, but the truth was that Needlenose had known -- and been abused by -- Thunderwing for long than anyone else in the room. As much of an overreaction as it might have been, Cyclonus found it hard to judge him too harshly. "That wasn't strictly necessary, Needlenose."

"No sir," the other Decepticon agreed. "It probably wasn't."

Cyclonus held his gaze for a few more seconds before nodding in acceptance. "As you were."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hoist's Shuttle

Searchlight nodded and beamed at Sludge. “Thanks for understanding, Sludge. Things had been… rough for us recently. I’m still a bit shell-shocked myself.”

Constructicon Hospital

“Seasaur? What an utterly uncreative name.” Brawl told Snarl. “I mean, I thought our names were uninspired, but Seasaur has to take the cake.” Brawl shook his head. “Sadly, I think most of our bad recruits have been weeded out by the battle. Shame, though, many of those kids have potential. I mean, former soldiers like Grimstone, Undertow, Thundehead and the rest, they’ve got no problems keeping up… but all those kids who signed up with Onslaught just because they wanted to protect their city…”

Grimstone shook his head, scowling. “Load of good men died, Snarl. The Decepticons and Autobots did arrive quickly, all things considered, but we still lost more than half our men.”

Mixmaster and Hook began protesting as soon as Scrapper spoke, Hook indignantly and Mixmaster spouting random nonsense just to piss Scrapper off. Bonecrusher laughed rowdily kicked spare parts on the ground just to comply with Scrapper’s orders, which raised quite a clamor.

Long Haul and Scavenger were more subdued as they continued to load the stasis pods.

Tinker chuckled. “Compared to how the Decepticons used to be, well, I’d say we changed a lot. At least, before Megatron came back and mucked things up. Not sure how I got roped into working under Megatron, though. Peer pressure, I suppose.”

Darkjet nodded at Shuttle Gunner. “Thanks. I appreciate it. I don’t have many friends.”

Moonjet piped up. “We did. Kind of. More of acquaintances than friends. But they’re all dead.”

Tinker walked over to Sandstorm’s side and began checking his vitals. “Good, the operation seems to have gone quite well, all things considered, hmm?” The Seeker gave Shuttle Gunner a knowing smile, recognizing the younger Decepticon’s naked emotions even through his face.

Blast Off landed outside the base and entered, walking in. He did a double-take when he saw Shuttle Gunner and Sandstorm, shook his head, and kept walking towards Brawl (and, for some odd reason, Snarl the Dinobot and an ex-Dinobot Combaticon), probably the only person in the world he truly considered a friend. Of course, that’s one person more than none…

“I have to get used to the fact that there are copies of the two of us running around.” Blast Off muttered at Brawl.

“Eh, I’m not that vain, Blast Off. But I do find it morbidly amusing that people sharing the same bodyframes of both teams survived.”

Battlefield

“I dunno, Bludgeon did say he saw something special in me.” Stranglehold replied to Octopunch. “Although I’m sure you guys will manage fine. Just not as efficient.” The Pretender grinned, no idea of Octopunch’s sarcasm.

“Oh, good. The boss is around! Let’s go then.” Stranglehold transformed into his rhinoceros mode and trotted next to Octopunch rather comically, looking like a puppy next to Octopunch’s larger Pretender shell.

“My comm system certainly isn’t filled with a shrill, panicky voice, so I assume Skywarp is bothering Starscream in the afterlife.” Thundercracker replied to Ramjet. “Only four of us left out of the big six. Remember the good old days, before second-rate fliers like Sunstorm and Slipstream and those Rainmakers made the cut? Only the best were chosen. We were the Seekers, rulers of the sky!”

Thundercracker sighed. “That was before the Aerialbots and Jetfire, anyways.”

When Thrust arrived, Thundercracker did a shrugging motion with his wings. “This is one of those times when I agree with Ramjet. I just want to meet Dirge and mess up his apartment, and then drag him off to a bar for a drink.”

Northern Border

Slog made an exasperated chuckle. “Right, you did, all these years. Applicable, shooting Autobots, is not, however, now. For you to understand, how I should put it…” Slog turned to face Wildfly, and spoke very clearly, punctuating every word. “Do. Not. Shoot. Autobots. Anymore.”

Slog turned to Birdbrain. “Difficult, difficult it is! In that manner, you people speak; be the norm, that convention of grammar… torture yourselves, you people do!”

“He’s weird.” Hooligan whispered to Space Case. “And short and lumpy.”

“Hush, you. That’s Slog. He turns dead people into statues. He can make you dead if you keep insulting him.” Space Case snapped. “And besides, aren’t we supposed to be looking for Skyjack?”

“He’s the artist guy, huh? Wonder how he’ll react if he wakes up and finds himself painted pink…”

Bludgeon nodded. “I did expect this reply. Metalikato is more than shadow-walking or summoning the powers of the netherworld… it is to know your own strength, to exceed mortal boundaries by skirting the paths people are too scared to tread in.” Bludgeon shrugged. “But as you say.”

Bludgeon watched as Sideswipe’s emotions seemed to have calmed down somewhat. Bludgeon knew it would take some time until Sideswipe can put Sunstreaker out of his mind… pity. If he were to train in Metalikato, he would have let go of all material needs much faster.

“Fare you well, Autobot.” Bludgeon replied to Sideswipe as he left. “I would say the same, only that there is no one in particular I like.”

When Sideswipe had left, Bludgeon turned around, looking straight at a figure sitting lazily on top of a building, one arm resting on a sword sticking out of the ground. “Careful now.” Drift grinned. “That’s my student. Sort of.”

“Greetings, Deadlock.” Bludgeon said, unsheathing his sword. “By rights I should cut your head off now for betraying the Decepticons. It is a shame I am honour-bound to enforce the truce.”

“Eh, all the more reason for the truce to stick.” Drift replied to Bludgeon. “You know, that recruitment thing? Those were the exact same words you said to me when I was headshotting Autobots all over Cybertron.”

“Fool. Do you think a mere swordsman can sneak up on me? I knew you were watching. I did it out of spite. ”

“Course, I ended up not taking you up on the offer… shame, I’d love to shoot lightning at people, but then I’ll have to wear a skull mask and I’m too handsome for that. Also, having to say ‘fool’ every two sentences is another factor not to join.” Drift pulled his sword out of the ground and twirled his blade. “Also, whoever said you have no sense of humour…

“Is there any point to this prattle?”

“None, really. I’m just worried you’ll go and attack Sideswipe. I was covering for him.”

“Begone, then, you treacherous fly.”

The Lunatic Fringe

“Eh, I do like it when you’re pissed off and it’s not directed at me.” Misfire told Spinister. “That Prowl had it coming anyway.” The Targetmaster powered down his weapons as he kept next to Spinister and presumably the Autobot fliers as well.

He chuckled as Hairsplitter and Singe chipped in. “Aw, Hairy, you don’t trust me to catch you?” He said in a mock-hurt tone. “And Singe… it’s a good thing I’m here and not Needlenose. Nosey won’t let him live it down. I’m half-tempted, but mocking someone because of their past would be a massive hypocritical moment for me, yes?”

Blitzwing had his blaster out and aimed at Thunderwing as soon as he twitched, and was about to pull the trigger, but Needlenose got the bastard Pretender before he could. Typical of the young kid to ruin someone else’s grand entrance…

So he had to settle with chipping into the conversation between Needlenose and Cyclonus, the closest thing they had to a leader now that Megatron’s dead and Gigatron is MIA.

“Damn appropriate action, if I may say so frankly, Cyclonus, sir.” Blitzwing said rather loudly as he lowered his weapon. The Triple-changer regarded Optimus Prime, a longtime enemy, a sometimes-ally, and a respected fellow warrior, and regarded him with a short nod. “Optimus.”
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoist's Shuttle

"You Searchlight have shell?" Sludge looked around, confused. "Me Sludge thought you Throttlebot, not Pretender."

Constructicon Hospital

Snarl shrugged. "Still better than Skysaur," he told Brawl. "Or Brimstone, Slug or Swarp. Copycatting was rampant with those cadets."

He cocked his head to one side. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Our bad cadets usually gave up the first time Grimlock charged them with a sword -- he was a terrible trainer, by the way -- but you guys...you didn't have much time to screen them. But that's war. Only thing to do now is hope that it doesn't happen again for a while."

Scrapper just threw his hands up in the air and walked away as Hook and Mixmaster started babbling, thankful that Bonecrusher and his noise was enough to drown out the two madmen's babble.

Why do I put up with them? I should just retire...

Sandstorm propped himself up on his elbows. "I seem to have survived, yes. Thank you, doctor," he said to Tinker. He glanced over to where Target Hawk was lying, not far away.

"He's expected to live," Shuttle Gunner explained. "The damage he took wasn't too severe. Leyland and Great Cannon did not survive."

Sandstorm nodded sadly. But then he forced himself to perk up. "And you, making friends while you're on your own. Are you going to introduce us?"

"Of course. The seeker medic is Tinker. The pink Predator is Darkjet, and the green one is Moonjet."

"Those are terrible names," Sandstorm said, wincing sympathetically.

Battlefield

"I'm amazed you managed to pronounce 'efficient' properly," Octopunch shook his head. "Do you even know what the word means?"

When Stranglehold agreed to find Bludgeon, Octopunch phased out his Pretender shell and reverted to his own beast mode.

"Well, I'm sure as hell not lumbering all the way across the city in an old-timey diver suit," he told the other Mayhem. "It'd take days." He clacked his claws together, then started to speedily scuttle sideways in the direction of Bludgeon's transponder signal. "This way!"

A camouflaged green jet flew past and shouted, "Bite me, Thundercracker!"

"Yeah, yeah. We love ya too, Acid Storm." Ramjet shouted back at the other seeker as he disappeared into the sky. Then he said to Thundercracker, "You know those guys were around, like, at least a year before us Coneheads, right?" He chuckled. "Don't worry. When we get to Dirge's place I'm sure he'll have home movies of it to remind you."

Northern Border

"Right. Gotcha." Wildfly pulled his gun and aimed it at Slog.

"Don't shoot Decepticons either, you idiot!" Birdbrain said, rushing to grab the other Pretender Monster's gun and shove the barrel toward the ground.

"Oh. He didn't say that."

Birdbrain sighed. "How about don't shoot at anyone unless one of us tells you to, or they start shooting first?"

"Ah, you're no fun!"

"Why do you speak like that, anyway?" Birdbrain asked Slog. "Was that the way everyone talked back in...whatever city you came from?"

The Lunatic Fringe

"Don't take it personally," Hairsplitter told Misfire. "I'm not jumping on anyone in mid-air."

Singe chuckled in Misfire's direction. "Don't worry. That's why I'm here. I'll do the mocking for both of us."

"You do realize I can eject you in mid-flight?" Spinister asked his Nebulan. "We're at about four hundred feet of elevation right now."

"Shutting up now."

"See that you do." To Misfire, he finally replied, "I shouldn't be too hard on Prowl. We've all seen what the war has done to those of us who've been a part of it for too long. But Prowl jumped into it with both feet. If there's going to be a real peace after all this is over, he's going to be trouble. Mark my words."

"Blitzwing." Cyclonus greeted the Triplechanger with a quick nod, as if he wasn't even surprised to find him here. "It's...agreeable to see you. But since I'm a retired 'adviser' and you're a military history professor, I don't think 'sir' is really appropriate. Just Cyclonus will do just fine."

"Uh, Blitzy..." Needlenose took a step forward. "Look, not to ruin the moment or anything, but you didn't see Gigs on your way in, didja? The big boss hand told Spinny and the rest of us to go in first, that he'd follow when the time was right. I kinda expected to see a big elephant or dragon or...I dunno, flower or whatever else he turns into show up, but nothin'. He didn't get, like wrecked or something, did he?"

"Yes," Cyclonus agreed. "His absence is worrisome."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hoist's Shuttle

"It's a... figure of speech, Sludge." Searchlight told the Dinobot. "So to speak."

Constructicon Hospital

Brawl snorted in derision. "Slug? What kind of name is Slug?"

"You know, Slug, as in bullets, like, slug-slinger?" Blast Off chirped in. "Or is it Slug as in slimy earth insect-creature thing?"

"No idea why anyone would want to copycat my name, though." Grimstone shrugged, then turned to glare at Brawl before the other could interject, "Which, by the way, wasn't copycatted from Grimlock. I was Grimstone long before I knew who Grimlock was."

"What the frag does Grimstone mean?" Brawl asked.

"I got called that because my face's always grim like a stone." Grimstone snapped.

"Riiight." Brawl snorted. "Anyway, back to the whole name-reusal thing, that short red guy with buzzsaws for hands is also called Brimstone."

"No, no, the red one's Chopsaw." Blast Off said.

"You sure? I'm pretty sure Chopsaw's blue and Brimstone's red." Brawl replied then shook his head. "Frak it, I've had enough with figuring red and blue midgets."

"Least 'Frenzy and Rumble' survived." Blast Off shook his head. "All the fliers that went out with me... they're all but gone. We need more men, Brawl, if we're going to ever hold this city properly. You interested, Snarl? We've got an absurdly high death rate, crappy food and ridiculously low pay."

"We get paid?" Brawl asked.

"Eh, not much difference than our Dinobot days. Just less exciting." Grimstone shrugged.

Scavenger approached Scrapper and shuffled his feet, arms behind his back. A little unsure, he said, "Uh, Scrapper? Um, are you okay?"

Tinker shook his head. "Thank the boys in green, sir. And Cyclonus' fleshbuddy over there. They performed a rather radical and very much improvised brain surgery on you." Tinker grinned, unashamed of his bedside manner. "Thankfully, improvisation is the Constructicons' area of expertise."

Tinker walked up next to Target Hawk. "I am sorry for your loss, sir, but like Shuttle Gunner said, Target Hawk's going to be all right. He's infected by the Hate Plague, but other than a few minor damages he should have a recovery... not sure if the forced disconnection from the gestalt mind would have any lasting effects, though."

Moonjet shrugged. "You wouldn't like Darkjet and Flarejet then."

"Our parents weren't very creative in giving us names. Comes with the territory when you bud off at a rate of three buds per quartex, I suppose." Darkjet shrugged. "Could be worse. I could end up being called Pinkjet or something."

"I think Pinkjet got used in one of Skydive's experiments." Moonjet said. "Poor bastard."

Jackpot's visor blinked and lighted up as he shook his head. "Oh. Oh frag. I've got the worst headache I've ever had." The young Autobot shook his head, and tried to get up... and immediately fell back down.

Tinker turned to Jackpot and shook his head. "Awake, Autobot? You're a Nucleon addict. You're lucky to be alive after burning yourself out like that. Now pipe down and let the pure energon do its work."

Jackpot shook his head as he slumped backwards. "Frag."

"You're lucky to be alive. You're one of the few guys to survive the Hate Plague." Tinker said.

"You're telling me."

Battlefield

"Sure. If we're efficient we kill lots of people in short time." Stranglehold told Octopunch.

Stranglehold frowned. "Diver suit? Isn't it your Pretender shell?" The Mayhem transformed into his rhinoceros mode and easily kept pace with Octopunch without even trying.

"Speak of the Fallen, and he shall appear..." Thundercracker chuckled under his breath. "Come and say it to my face, acid boy!"

Thundercracker transformed into robot mode and stretched. "They were nobodies. They never did anything but stand around Shockwave's fortress of doom and be generally lifeless." The Seeker grinned. "Ah, Dirge did like those movies, didn't he? Funny how a self-proclaimed master of fear gets to become such a movie geek..."

Northern Border

Slog was about to use his magnetic powers to rip the gun out of Wildfly's hands, but Birdbrain beat him to the punch. The box-like Pretender shook his head. "Bother, why do I?"

"Come from Crystal City, I do." Slog told Birdbrain. He frowned. "Introvert, I was. Not sure, I am. Always speak like this, I have. Always speak differently, others have." Slog chuckled. "Wrong, obviously, everyone is."

The Lunatic Fringe

"I'll catch you, Nebulan. Mock away." Misfire all but grinned in his jet mode, before addressing Spinister. "Aye, especially since you've been in a command position. Guess I've to be thankful I'm just a gunner... anyway, nice to see you cope with it, boss. You could've ended up like him."

Misfire paused for a second, before adding, "You did end up like him. Sort of. Used to."

"You're still a ranking officer." Blitzwing told Cyclonus with a smile, "And our people respect you. Besides, you're in a leadership position now, no? What with the Matrix and everything..."

Blitzwing shrugged, "But anything you want, Cyclonus. And it's good to see one of the few sane leaders taking charge and not stabbing Optimus in the back the moment Thunderwing is dead."

Blitzwing turned to Needlenose, and shook his head. "Gigatron? No, I have not seen him. I arrived with the second wave of Starscream's crew from Polyhex, and we were kind of late compared to you guys. I do sincerely hope he is fine, though. He is a good man."

The triple-changer turned to Cyclonus. "Do you want me to round up the Cyberjets or something and have them start a search grid for Gigatron?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoist's Shuttle

Sludge frowned. "Me Sludge no understand. You Searchlight say you no Pretender, and you clearly not Ninja Turtle. How else you get shell-shocked?"

He frowned. "Or maybe you am Ninja Turtle! They had figures. Slag used to play with them." Sludge laughed. "Him not want me to talk about that, but I guess him not stop me now!"

Constructicon Hospital

Snarl shrugged. "Do we get to bust heads? Because I'm pretty sure that's all us Dinobots are good for. I mean, I don't see Sludge manning a border checkpoint working out very well."

"Bah!" Scrapper barked when Scavenger approached him. "Bah! This team gets on my nerves sometimes, Scavenger. Surely you can say the same?"

Sandstorm gave Tinker a funny look. "You're green too, you know. I Hope you're talking about Scrapper and his team, though, and not idiots like Steamhammer and Heavy Load. Because I don't fancy keeling over in the middle of our conversation."

He glanced over at the injured Target Hawk, but tried to put the other Decepticon's thoughts out of mind. There was nothing he could do about it now, after all.

Shuttle Gunner winced at the name 'Pinkjet'. "Couldn't you have created a random name generator, or something? It would have been a lot less...embarrassing for you, in my opinion."

Battlefield

"Same thing," Octopunch told Stranglehold. "Seriously, have you ever tried being a squid monster in armour walking around above ground? I wouldn't recommend it. Walking speed is about the best you'll do. And the dry skin...ugh."

"Be nice or I'll peel your paint off with acid, Earth-lover!" Acid Storm shouted back at Thundercracker as he blasted away.

Ramjet shrugged. "Forget 'em," he told Thundercracker. "They're not our kind, anyway. I'm sure they did lots of stuff when we weren't around, but they weren't on Earth so they don't get it. Dirge, on the other hand...he's on'a us. He gets it. Even if he's, you know...a little weird in the head."

Northern Border

Wildfly laughed. "That's what I always say when people tell me I'm not allowed to smash stuff!"

Birdbrain ignored him. "Huh. Strange. You know, we could probably get one of our tech-types to fix your vocal units," he told Slog. "Now that we're not going to be at war anymore, they won't have so many gunshot wounds to fix anymore. Should have some free time on their hands."

The Lunatic Fringe

"I think we can all be greatful for that," Spinister said wryly when Misfire raised the prospect of their places being switched. "I suppose you're right, though. When I thought the Quintessons had killed all of you...losing a single soldier under your command is difficult. Losing all of them at once but surviving yourself does not bear thinking about. I'm...grateful that you all survived."

Cyclonus heard Blitzwing's praise, but didn't respond to it. Quite frankly, the Targetmaster wasn't sure himself why he was doing the things he was doing. Only that he was doing what had to be done.

"Yeah," Needlenose agreed. "Gigatron's a good leader. Loosin' him...it'd be bad."

Cyclonus finally spoke up. "No," he said at last. "Our forces are busy searching the city for all our missing troops, not just one of them. If Gigatron is still alive he would want his army taken care of first, not sacrificed just to save his own life." He frowned. "Besides...if he is alive, I doubt we'll need to find him. He'll find us when it suits him."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

(OOC: Goes without saying, but takes place moments before current posts. Wanted a chance to write Prime's response's to Thunderwing's passing)

Optimus Prime glared witheringly down at Thunderwing as he slowly dragged his ruined form toward Cyclonus and the Autobot Leader.

He had barely moved his faceplate when, quite abruptly, Needlenose struck the Liege Centuro center mass with an electrostatic burst.

And in an instant, Thunderwing was gone. Prime could only watch.

He rose his gaze to Needlenose, questioningly. But, like Cyclonus, Optimus struggled to rebuke the Decepticon's actions, however unsavory. Had he, the Autobot Leader wouldn't have believed himself.

Was he not here to do the same?

"Mm, no, that wasn't strictly necessarily," he said, looking back to Cyclonus. "But, even broken and defeated, Thunderwing was simply too dangerous to live. For all our sakes, it--"

Optimus sighed. "It had to be done."

Blitzwing then arrived, joining them while they basked in the aftermath.

The Prime regarded the triplechanger with a nod. "Greetings, Blitzwing."

---

(OOC: And this is, of course, in the present.)

With Thunderwing's death bringing an end to the long nightmare, the discussion soon shifted to other pressing matters.

"....Our forces are busy searching the city for all our missing troops, not just one of them," said Cyclonus. "If Gigatron is still alive he would want his army taken care of first, not sacrificed just to save his own life." He frowned. "Besides...if he is alive, I doubt we'll need to find him. He'll find us when it suits him."

"True, and I too have faith he lives," said Optimus Prime. "Though should you need it, my people will assist in locating him."

---

Near 'Nondescript Building', The Lunatic Fringe

Prowl looked on as Crossblades and Gunrunner departed with the two Decepticon Targetmasters, Springer in tow, before shifting his optics back to Ultra Magnus.

"Shall we confirm it for ourselves?" he said, extending his hand to the nearby building.

The Constructicon Field Hospital

Shockwave nodded approvingly as the Constructicons loaded the last of the repurposed stasis pods with Hook's counter-agent.

They were now ready to be deployed.

"Your efforts have been appreciated," he said. "I shall continue onwards from here."

The cyclopean then flashed his mono-optic over to Darkjet and Moonjet. "You two," he ordered, severely. "If you still wish to be vindicated, you will come with me."
Blackjack

OOC: Just HAD to get a TMNT joke in, don't you? :)

Post by Blackjack »

Hoist's Shuttle

“No, Sludge, shell as in, well… bomb shells. Not the Insecticon, like, I’ve been hit by bombs too much today, and-” Searchlight stopped as Sludge began to ramble about Ninja Turtles. “Slag had Ninja Turtle toys? Well, I think that guy Pipes collected them too! Then again, Pipes collected everything…”

Searchlight laughed at the sheer silliness of imagining grumpy angry Slag sitting in a corner playing with several comically undersized Ninja Turtle toys, and laughed. It felt good.

Constructicon Hospital

Brawl and Blast Off turned to face each other, then shrugged. “Considering what’s been happening lately, we get our heads busted in more often than the other way around.” Blast Off said.

“We totally kicked tailpipe in that whole Space Mafia affair, though.” Brawl said.

“For a bunch of losers called the Space Mafia those guys were tough.” Grimstone snorted.

“Did you even do anything?” Brawl turned to Grimstone. “I don’t remember you being around when we fought the Mafia.”

Scavenger shuffled backwards, intimidated by Scrapper’s bark. And he wasn’t entirely sure that Scrapper didn’t include him with the ‘gets on his nerves’ thing… after all, he had been annoying, hadn’t he? He had just been trying to help, hadn’t he?

“I don’t know, Scrapper… I kind of like this team…” Scavenger replied, shuffling uneasily.

Windcharger shook his head from where he was sitting. “I have no idea how a bunch of misfits like you can stand together in a room for two hours, let alone create Trypticon out of a city in a night.”

“You live in the same ship with dysfunctional idiots like Sunstreaker, Grimlock, Wheelie, Tracks, Beachcomber and that wacky little Minibot who screams at people to stop oppressing toasters. You ain’t got no right to talk frag about my team.” Long Haul snapped at Windcharger. Beside him, Bonecrusher and Mixmaster nodded in unison.

Hook ignored the rabble around him, merely accepting Shockwave’s compliments with a curt nod. “I shall monitor the proceedings from here.”

Barrage led Take-Off and the rest of the Decepticons Bludgeon had sent off to salvage for wounded towards the Constructicon hospital. He had taken the opportunity to flatten several Imperial corpses, but once he realized there were no one left to be afraid of, he had stopped.

Following closely behind Barrage was a silent Shrapnel, Needler perched on his shoulder. He supported an injured Autobot, not making contact with anyone. Both Insecticons seemed to be on equal leading terms, although both were very silent for different reasons, and none of their troops dared question them.

They laid the wounded on slabs, and the rest of the medics there set on work on the wounded. Decepticons, Autobots and everything in between.

“Boys in green is what we other medics call the Constructicons.” Tinker shrugged, “The real Constructicons, that is. The big six. They have more green than purple, sir. And this… is a different shade of green. A prettier one, I’d argue.” Tinker grinned. “Besides, do you think we’d let Steamhammer anywhere near brain surgery? We expunged him out of the Decepticon cause long ago.”

“HEY!” Steamhammer yelled from where he was huddled up with the rest of the Combaticons, fresh off salvaging the Imperials. “I heard that!”

“He’ll be fine.” Tinker told Sandstorm, catching his glance (and ignoring Steamhammer).

Darkjet shook his head. “Skydive’s got a twisted sense of humour. And… I kind of get used to the name Darkjet. For a good part of a thousand years it’s all I have to call my own. And then I’m put in charge of this team. And then suddenly I’m not that prepared to lay down my head for Liege Maximo.”

“Vindicated?” Moonjet squeaked. “Are you going to kill us?”

“No, he’s going to ask us to help him.” Darkjet turned to Shockwave, and saluted. “It shall be an honour to assist you, sir.”

Battlefield

“No.” Stranglehold replied Octopunch. “Is it fun? I have tried being a giant human gladiator thing, though, and he’s got some dry skin as well. Doesn’t bother me much.”

Stranglehold caught sight of Bludgeon standing alone in the battlefield, Drift perched on the roof of a building nearby. “Autobot!” Stranglehold yelled. “Octo, do I shoot him?”

“Why the heck does he call me that?” Thundercracker asked Ramjet. “Earth-lover. Human-lover. You tell Megatron once that the humans are not worth time killing, and everyone starts calling you an Earth-lover. Once, damn it! So I don’t like killing humans and turbofoxes for sport. So what? I’m not about to die or anything for a human, I’m not an Autobot.”

Thundercracker snorted. “Dirge will always be one of us, Earth-lover or not. ”

Northern Border

Slog turned to Wildfly, briefly considered speaking, then shook his head. “Decline, I must. Appreciate gesture, I do. However, unique, my speech pattern is. Make me recognizable, for better or worse. Serve me better, it would, when try to change the world I do.”

Slog chuckled. “Besides, feel weird it would be.”

The Lunatic Fringe

“For a serious badass creepy assassin dude, boss, you’re all right.” Misfire told Spinister. He chuckled. “Not sure how we all managed to survive the Quints without you, to be honest. Especially me.” Misfire sighed. “It’s all over now, isn’t it, boss? I learn how to shoot straight and the war goes and ends itself. Typical.”

Sixshot perched on a high, jutting piece of debris, bearing final witness as Needlenose of all people put an end to Thunderwing’s life. He did not care much for the politics or whatever, but for lack of anything better to do, he listened to Optimus Prime, Cyclonus and Blitzwing.

Blitzwing turned to Cyclonus, opened his mouth to argue, but decided to have the better of it, and nodded. “The rest of the Decepticons seem to view you as a leader. Unless Bludgeon decides to take charge, I think by default you’re the only Decepticon leader high-ranking enough that’s not dead or an Insecticon.”

Blitzwing shrugged. “If you say so, then. What’re we going to do with the Matrices, then?”
zigzagger

May as well get this out of the way

Post by zigzagger »

"Good," Shockwave answered Darkjet. "I have analyzed the data that -- Moonjet, is it? -- gathered from the anomaly." He glanced over to the other Predator. "We cannot risk launching these stasis pods from the encampment and trust that they will reach their target--

"Their inbuilt propulsion and guidance systems are, regretfully, limited. We have all ready pushed them past their design specifications and cannot expect them to do more. Other external variables must also be considered. Therefore, these vessels must be deployed near the site to insure their arrival."

"Now--" Shockwave lifted a pod from one of the slabs and held it lengthwise in his arms. "Both of you, take a stasis pod and follow me."

The former-Decepticon then turned away started for the exit.

As he departed, Shockwave opened his comlink. "Acid Storm," he said. "I once more require your assistance."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoist's Shuttle

Sludge laughed. "Pipes was fun," he told Searchlight, totally glossing over the talk about bombs and war. "Him let Sludge play with his Lego sometimes. Not let Slag play Turtles with him, though. Slag confused, cheered for Foot Clan because they have robots. Them argued about it lots."

Constructicon Hospital

"Wait, wait," Snarl said. "You fought the 'Space Mafia'? Seriously?" He laughed. "That's a stupid name. Even the Genericons were better than that."

Scrapper shook his head. "Well, that makes one of us," he told Scavenger.

When Windcharger piped up, Scrapper groaned. "Oh, don't remind me about Trypticon," he told the Autobot. "Hook took all night to solder one circuit board, which Bonecrusher promptly smashed. Mixmaster kept trying to convince us to build a chemical weapons plant instead, and Long Haul wandered off to paint himself blue and orange for some reason that I never quite understood. If it wasn't for Scavenger here I would have built the whole thing on my own."

"Don't call me 'sir'," Sandstorm told Tinker reflexively. "I work for a living."

He chuckled. "And believe me, my brain appreciates your guardianship."

Shuttle Gunner watched as his two Imperial friends went off to help Shockwave, then turned back to Tinker and said, "As much as he might appreciate the company, I suspect what Sandstorm really needs is to recharge. And since Target Hawk is--"

He looked over at the other Decepticon's biobed, only to find it empty.

"And since Target Hawk has slipped off while we weren't looking, like he always does, I suppose I shall make myself useful and join the search for survivors. Thank you again, Tinker. For looking after my friends, and for the conversation as well. You've given me much to think about. We'll speak again, once things have settled?"

Battlefield

Octopunch groaned. "No, you don't shoot him," he told Stranglehold. "If he needed killing, Bludgeon would have seen to it already."

The Pretender transformed back to robot mode as they approached their commander, summoning his shell out of subspace and closing itself around him.

"Isn't that right, boss?"

"As you command, Shockwave," Acid Storm responded instinctively to his former leader, as he had so many times while serving under his command while Megatron was away on Earth. "What can I do for you?"

"Eh. Earth ain't so bad," Ramjet said to Thundercracker. "Spent a lot of time there, and it kinda grew on me. 'Course, when we were there it never seemed like a war, you know? Always felt more like a game, with no one really getting hurt. Well, no real people, anyway. Just humans."

He laughed. "But anyway, we should get going, no?"

(OOC: Let's move these guys over to Iacon now. :) )

Northern Border

Birdbrain nodded. "I guess I understand that," he sad to Slog. "Not sure I'd do the same in your shoes, but I agree with-"

He trailed off as a gunshot interrupted him. Whirling around, he saw Wildfly standing with a smoking gun in his hand, pointing at the crumbled ruins of a building.

"I didn't like the way it looked at me," the other Pretender Monster said by way of explanation.

"Wildfly..." Birdbrain shook his head. "That building was mirrored."

"So?"

"You shot your own reflection."

"I don't follow."

With a sigh, Birdbrain said, "I really wish that was true."

The Lunatic Fringe

"I'm fairly certain there's a moral to that story," Spinister said, chuckling. "A shame you couldn't have taken target practice a few thousand years ago."

The two of them closed to range with the Autobot medical ship, and the flight controller directed him to land and deposit Springer's body on a helipad toward the bow. Spinister did as he was asked, slowly lowering the Autobot to the deck and making contact so gently that his tow cables didn't even flinch. Then he cut the cables and rose back into the sky as an Autobot medical team came to collect their late comrade.

"You're right, Misfire. Or at least I hope you are. It does seem like the end of hostilities, and not just a temporary ceasefire like we've seen so many times before. It's almost frightening, honestly. I've been fighting my entire life. I'm not sure I can conceptualize a life without it."

"I suppose you're right," Cyclonus admitted to Optimus Prime. "It's not something that I'm happy about, but you're right. It needed to be done."

He smiled when Prime offered to have his troops search for Gigatron. "You have my thanks. But I'm not sure that's wise. Your Autobots would convey any wounded Transformer they found for medical treatment anyway after all. And I wouldn't want to panic my fellow Decepticons. They've already lost Megatron, Scorponok, Starscream and Soundwave to the chaos of war inside of a day. If they've lost Gigatron as well, then they should hear it from their leaders in person, once we're organized enough to talk to them all at once. Whispered rumours from search-and-rescue teams that he might be missing will only spread fear and depression...not to mention inspiring a future Starscream or two into thinking that now is a good time to make their move."

He shook his head.

"Decepticons who think they don't have any leaders can be a dangerous thing, as you well know. So if I do have to tell my comrades that the last of their old leaders is gone, I'll do it flanked by a group of new leaders who are willing to help carry the burden into the future." He glanced sidelong at Blitzwing. "Whomever those leaders might be."

When the triplechanger made his pronouncement, Cyclonus shook his head.

"Hmm. Unfortunately, the Decepticons will have to make do without me. Prime and I will be leaving Cybertron to dispose of the Decepticon Matrix as soon as feasible, and I don't expect we'll be back for a very long time. Someone else will need to fill that void, or several someones." He let out a soft laugh. "And I don't think it'll be possible for Bludgeon to ever be less interested in something than the prospect of peacetime leadership."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

Optimus Prime bowed his head. "Of course," he told Cyclonus. "I understand completely. Stability between the two Decepticon factions is fragile enough as it is..."

The Autobot Leader lightly chuckled. "My apologies, it would seem it is in our nature - the Autobots, I mean - to meddle," he quipped. "But know that I respect Gigatron and bear him no--"

Optimus trailed off when, at that moment, Prowl and Ultra Magnus entered the lobby.

(OOC: - Assumed Magnus followed Prowl inside.)

"Prowl," Optimus said with a nod. "Ultra Magnus, old friend. I am relieved to see that you are well."

"As are we that you are." Prowl cast his optics over Thunderwing - lay smoking and very much deceased nearby - before adding indifferently, "So...he is dead."

Optimus once again nodded.

Prowl raised his gaze. No sooner after espying the first corpse, that the Autobot would spot out Starscream's body among the wreckage. He noted the sizable hole pierced through the former-Decepticon Leader's torso.

"Ah...Starscream as well, I see."

And for what he was able to determine, none of the other mechanoids present seemed particularly distressed by Starscream's passing either. Had they, the Seeker's body would not have been left unmourned and unattended.

Thus, the General saw no need to conceal his irreverence. "I can only surmise why he is here."

The Prime looked to Starscream's body. "In my spark, I had hoped he would come to his senses," he said, sincerely. "At least for the sake of his people." Optimus shook his head. "But, in the end, he was undone by his thirst for power."

"Mm, yes...tragic."

Prowl then brought his attention back to the group. "Cyclonus," he regarded the Decepticon. "I suspect we owe you our gratit--" The Chief Strategist stopped short when he registered the shimmering relic in Cyclonus's hand. "Is that...?"

"It is," said Optimus.

"The rumors of a purported second Matrix prove to be true, then." He gave Prime a questioning look. "It has not yet been destroyed? Considering what it has done, is that wise?"

"Do not worry," The Autobot Leader assured him. "Being derived from the same source as my own Matrix, I did what I was able. The danger is neutralized...for the time being."

"For the time being?" Prowl inquired, cynically

"Yes, until were are able to properly dispose of it," Optimus told him. "A journey that myself and Cyclonus will undertake. We dare not attempt to dispose of it here. The sudden release of this Matrix's composite energies could be catastrophic."

"A journey...?"

Prime sighed. "Prowl, please -- your reservations are noted, but I'll explain later."

(OOC: Good place for me to hold off. For the sake of breathing space :))

"I -- along with the two Predators I have enlisted -- are en route to the anomaly site," Shockwave told Acid Storm. "We are transporting modified vessels containing counteragents. They will be detonated in the cloud formation in that vicinity. The same formation that you had induced earlier this solar cycle. It once more must be seeded--

"The use of acidic compounds should be avoided," he emphatically added. "They could potentially nullify the enzymes. Non-toxic deposits are preferable."

Once he was outside the encampment, Shockwave, slowly, levitated himself off the ground, staying mindful of the stasis pod cradled in his arms.

As he hovered in place, the cyclopean extended his gaze to the sky overhead, where the sinister red cloud, Thunderwing's Hate Plague, loomed in the distance.

He glanced over his shoulder at the two Predators trailing closely behind. "Let us not delay."

Shockwave then took to the sky and rocketed off...

--
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

"Well, if you say so, boss," Acid Storm told Shockwave as he steered back toward the. "I'm not sure that anyone's ever asked me to make a rainstorm that isn't deadly before, but I'm pretty sure I can manage it. Is this one of the operations that you've timed down to the last second, or can I get started right away?"

The Lunatic Fringe

(OOC: I completely forgot about Magnus. :o )

"I don't consider it meddling," Cyclonus told Optimus with a shrug. "You're trying to help. If you were meddling, you would do whatever you thought best whether I agreed or not."

Cyclonus gave Ultra Magnus a nod when the Autobot (not so massive anymore) joined them in his small robot mode.

"Prime," Magnus said gruffly. "Cyclonus. We wanted to see if what Spinister and Misfire said was true, and clearly it is."

"Clearly," Cyclonus agreed. Then he turned to Prowl. "Considering we spent nearly a year fighting Thunderwing when he had a third Matrix in his possession, your skepticism seems arbitrary. But yes. This is it. And since cracking open something that's said to contain an unlimited capacity for destruction didn't seem like a good idea to either one of us, Prime and I have been discussing safer, more creative ways of ridding ourselves of it."

He glanced back at Magnus, who had a curious expression on his face for a second or two before it turned into a slight, understanding smile. "Considering our mutual experience with that Junkion and Captain Fairborne a few decades ago, I think you've probably come to the same conclusion I did."

"It's General Fairborne now," Magnus said offhandedly. "And I did. It sounds risky. Possibly suicidal, if you take the wrong people along. That's why I'm going with you."

Cyclonus thought about it for a second before nodding. "If Optimus is agreeable, and I think he will be, then I would be happy to have you along. Warriors such as you and I," he said ironically, "were obviously too good to meet our end in battle, so now we need something new to do with our time."

Ultra Magnus laughed at that, a private joke that only the two former enemies would understand. "Clearly."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long guys.)

Constructicon Field Hospital

Darkjet nodded as Shockwave addressed him. "So we'll have to fly in above the danger zone and drop the pods. Should be no biggie."

Darkjet gestured at Moonjet, and the two of them each made for a stasis pod. The Predators held the pods over their shoulders, and transformed as they took into the air, magnetized tow cables latching onto the pods as they flew nearby Shockwave.

"Led by a Thunderwing-looking dimwit called... wait for it... Black Shadow." Brawl told Snarl. "And they've got a rainbow Defensor and everything."

"There was this teleporting guy, Blue Bacchus? What's Bacchus even mean?" Grimstone asked.

"Roman god of wine. Extinct Earth religion. Yes, makes no sense." Blast Off told Grimstone. When Brawl and Grimstone shot him incredulous looks, Blast Off made a shrugging motion. "What? I get bored up in orbit. I read stuff."

"Meh. Whatever happened to the Genericons? Did you Dinobots wipe them up or something?" Brawl asked Snarl. "Don't think I've seen them since... since Xetaxxis or something."

"Uh, Bonecrusher seems happy." Scavenger told Scrapper, shuffling his feet. "Long Haul too, but he complains a lot. And Mixmaster-"

"Mixmaster has just been beaten up by Doctor Bolt-brain for doing his job!" Mixmaster yelled in his shrill voice.

Hook was about to deliver a retort to Mixmaster when Scrapper began to retell their experience of building Trypticon. "It was the bloody main power distributor! Can you imagine if the main power distributor didn't work properly on a Cyberform of Trypticon's size?"

"No, I di'nt smash th' main power distributor. The one I broke was th' one fer th' left pinkie finger or sumthin'." Bonecrusher said.

"Ah. That." Hook looked around unabashedly. "That was before Galvatron told us of his insane deadline of completing the independent-minded, city-sized monster before sunrise. Can you blame me for wanting our creation to be perfect?"

"I was right!" Mixmaster yelled. "Can you imagine if Trypticon was a walking battlestation spewing toxins and cosmic rust everywhere? The Autobots won't stand a chance! It's going to be like if the Acid Wastes got up and walked!"

"Except that one shot through anything remotely flammable and your 'Toxitron' goes badda-boom." Windcharger snorted snidely. He looked at Scrapper. "Oi, for the record? I hate you on principle, but I sympathize."

Scavenger clapped his hands in delight at the praise and all but hugged Long Haul. Long Haul looked down in embarrassment, grumbling something inaudible about cerebro-shells.

Tinker shrugged. "So do I, and in my line of work if I don't address a superior officer properly I become the wallpaper. Force of habit, sir. Sorry."

The Seeker grinned. "Anyway, relax, si- Sandstorm. I didn't graduate medical school letting brutes like Dirt Boss do brain operation. In our line of work too many people confuse engineers and builders for medics."

Tinker turned to Shuttle Gunner and grinned. "Thank you very much, my friend. The Combaticons don't have much fliers to spare, and every single pair of eyes helps. We'll definitely get to talk after all this is over."

As Shuttle Gunner rested, Tinker walked over to the biobed next to Sandstorm's, which contained a still-immobile Jackpot. "So, you want to rest now, Sandstorm? You want, like, a radio or a newsfeed or something while I treat this Nuke-junkie?"

Hoist's Shuttle

Searchlight nodded. "His toys were fun. He's got these little game console things. Swerve, Freeway and I always bunked over for game nights. Stuff like, oh, Street Fighter or Tekken or whatever."

"Lego was fun." Searchlight nodded, "Eh, the Foot Clan aren't evil per se. They're just more like an ineffective bunch of hooligans. Like the Terrorcons or something. All bark, no bite."

Battlefield

Bludgeon nodded at Octopunch. "Octopunch is correct. Stand down, Stranglehold."

Strangehold transformed to his much smaller robot mode, and, to his credit, Drift managed to hold in his laughter. Bludgeon looked at Strangehold in as much disapproval as a featureless skeleton could muster. "You lost your shell, Stranglehold?"

"Uh, yeah, boss. I'm, ah-"

"You survived, at least. Good. A shame about Black Battle Convoy." Bludgeon shook his head. "He had potential. Not much patience, but he had the potential."

Drift grinned as he hopped down next to Octopunch. "Bludgeon kind of tells me he won't kill me for the moment due to honour. So tell me, how does it feel being the only sane one in your team?"

"It is a game. We'd always win 'cause we can fly. The Autobots would cheat and then they beat us. It's always like that. No one ever died." Thundercracker frowned. "Other than humans, but defending them in this conversation is as hopeless as the fleshies trying to fight us."

Thundercracker sighed. "What changed, Ramjet? When did people start dying?"

Northern Border

Slog turned around (waddled around) and groaned at Wildfly's antics.

"Find it funny, I would, Birdbrain, if so pathetic this wasn't." Slog sighed. "Without war, do what, should we, with Wildfly?"

The Lunatic Fringe

"That's the moral? Once I learn to shoot straight the war would be over within two months?" Misfire shrugged. "Guess the world's out to get me then. Seems legit..."

Misfire laughed. "But who gives a damn, I can shoot now! So what if the war's over?"

The Targetmaster watched as Springer was collected by the Autobot medics. "Eh, boss, you can manage. I've been missing targets all my life, and now that my life's changed look at how good it has become for me."

"Scorponok's dead too? Damn." Blitzwing shook his head, but perked up when Cyclonus mentioned an organized front. "Do you want me to get Bludgeon, Shrapnel, Scrapper and... Buzzsaw's in Vulcan... Skystalker's a Screamer... well, I don't know, Hun-Grrr or Wingspan or someone else here?"

Blitzwing nodded, "Yes, Starscreams will be a problem." The Triple-Changer sat down on a chunk of debris. "Decepticons who don't have any leaders... end up like the pitiful rabble we were on Charr. Or, alternatively, a massive confused riot torching everything they see."

Blitzwing turned to Optimus Prime and gave him a sad smile. "You underestimate the Decepticons' ability to rally under a strong leader. Trust me, so long as Bludgeon or Rage didn't rile up the troops they would be fine with anything the leaders suggested. Peace through tyranny, and all that."

Blitzwing sighed. "Astrotrain took the burden of leadership once, Cyclonus... I'd think it would dishonour his memory if I didn't step up and try to do something about it. I'm probably one of the few Decepticons who actually like the idea of peace. It's why I joined the Decepticons in the first place. To unite this Primusforsaken planet under a single banner. Or several banners as it is, now." Blitzwing looked up to Cyclonus. "If you think I'm up for the task, that is. I'll be happy enough as an enforcer. Bodyguard. Whatever the peacetime term is."

The Triple-changer went quiet as Prowl entered the room, frowning as the Autobot strategist spoke with his leader. It was none of his business.

Sixshot walked into the room behind Ultra Magnus. "If you need another warrior too good to die, count me in. I do not believe there is anything but boredom for me in peace times." Sixshot's optics glimmered. "Suicidal. Risky. Perfect. I could think offhand of several people who'd best be removed from peacetime and instead come along on this journey."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoist's Shuttle

"Me Sludge surprised no no play car race games," the Dinobot told Searchlight. "You know, 'cause Optimus not let you street race on Earth."

He laughed when the Throttlebot mentioned the Terrorcons. "Me Sludge like Terrorcons," he admitted. Them like Dinobots, only Decepticons. Cutthroat kind of jerk, and Rippersnapper always getting into fistfights with Slag, but me get along well with others when we work together."

Constructicon Hospital

"Black...Shadow?" Snarl shook his head. "That sounds like somthing from an awful human TV show that Sludge would eat up."

The Dinobot frowned, trying to think about the last time he'd seen any Genericons. "Hmmm...good question. I think I saw a couple working for Gigatron back during that whole Thund--" He groaned. "Back during the last Thunderwing mess. You know, the one after Unicron, with that Chaos Matrix thingy and the fake Rodimus Prime running around? Didn't see any after we got chased to Earth by the Quints though, so I figure the five-faced squids stomped on 'em."

Scrapper snapped at Mixmaster. "If he was spewing Cosmic Rust everywhere, he would rust too, you idiot. And you!" He glowered at Hook. "You were supposed to be building him a top of the line brain module and subprocessor assembly that would let him manage all of his drones and subsystems while still being highly intelligent. But since you spent all day trying to make the power distributor into a work of art we had to install the second-hand brain that Scavenger found in a shoebox! And this moron," he jerked his thumb at Long Haul, "kept trying to convince us he was someone called 'U-Haul Bot' so that he could trick someone into putting him into front-line combat duty. And you people wonder why it took a decade before Trypticon could put together a sentence more complex than 'Crush Autobot vocano!'?"

He looked over at Windcharger and said, "I hate you too, don't worry. But this is ridiculous. Are your coworkers just as annoying as these ones?"

Sandstorm watched Shuttle Gunner depart before answering Tinker.

That kid's got potential, I'll have him that. I'm glad I managed to keep him alive, if nothing else..

"I appreciate the offer, but I think the youngling is right," he told the doctor. "I should probably hook myself up to the table's recharge feed, then shut down for a few hours."

Battlefield

"I notice you're not lamenting Fangry very much, boss. Can't say that I blame you." Octopunch said to Bludgeon before turning to Drift. "Just because the boss won't kill you doesn't mean we want to chat, traitor. Don't pretend that what you to us did goes away just because I'm not trying to skewer you with my trident today. It's an insult to all the good Decepticons who died because of you."

Northern Border

"Put him in a zoo?" Birdbrain suggested jokingly. "Honestly, I don't know, Slog. What are they going to do with Bludgeon or the Dinobots or the Wreckers or the Stunticons now that the war's over? Or that maniac Rage?"

Wildfly, meanwhile, had wandered off and started smashing the windows in a nearby, mostly-intact storefront.

"Pretty sure he'll wind up in jail in short order, honestly. What else is there for someone like him, when he's not getting paid to kill people?"

The Lunatic Fringe

"I suppose you're probably right," Spinister told Misfire as they left the Autobot medical ship behind. "And I'm sure I'll find something to do with my time, eventually. But I was brought online during the war and sent directly out to the front lines. War has literally been my whole life. I'm pretty sure I can adapt, but what about the guys who aren't as smart or as experienced?" He made an exasperated noise. "I just volunteered to babysit them, didn't I?"

Cyclonus considered what Blitzwing had to say, and eventually nodded. "Yes, we should gather the surviving senior officers." He looked around before saying, "Though perhaps not here. Having a meeting surrounded by Autobots in a room where two of our own supposed leaders died would probably create the impression of surrender, not peace. Unfortunately I'm not sure where else we could go, since Thunderwing glassed Polyhex, Megatron got Kolkular blown up and those Breastforce idiots absconded with Trypticon."

He glanced towards Optimus and added as an aside, "They'll be trouble, by the way. We'll have to keep an eye out for them."

Turning back to Blitzwing, he continued, "Considering the leadership you've shown over the years, I think it's only fitting that you're one of the people standing at the forefront of a peacetime Decepticon government. Only, you'll have to promise not to take advice from football coaches this time around. Even Skywarp thought you were dumb after that one."

Ultra Magnus saw Sixshot enter, and found himself surprised to agree with the sixchanger. "I suppose if someone like you has a place at all, it would be with us," he admitted.

(OOC: I'll reply with Ramjet over in the Iacon thread, since that's where we're headed.)
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Hoist's Shuttle

"Never stopped Swerve. Or Chase. Or Freeway." Searchlight replied to Sludge. "By the time we made Autobot City I think Grapple convinced Ultra Magnus to make a small racing circuit on account of Blurr. Or something. Never been into races myself."

Searchlight shrugged. "Blurr and Windcharger used to play Need For Speed to insane amounts, and the Pipes had to drive them out because we wanted to play other things."

Searchlight chuckled. "I guess so, but when you're on the receiving end of those claws it isn't so funny. Especially when you're my size."

Constructicon Hospital

"What's the deal with the whole Rodimus Convoy anyway?" Brawl asked. "Never got it, even though I was an Autobot at that time. I think. Kind of forgot."

Blast Off chuckled, "Are you sure we aren't remembering the Reflector clones, or the Frenzy Rumble imitators, or those Metrodrones? We do have a lot of generic models running around, and that's not counting Seekers or the bugs."

"Well, obviously we'll make him out of that golden metal Electrum, duh!" Mixmaster jeered back at Scrapper.

Hook met Scrapper's glower with a defiant glare. "Without a proper power distributor, he'll just be an intelligent doorstop, Scrapper. Better to make a mindless, destructive and mobile beast under our control, than to make a big, fat, immobile Perceptor. Surely you see that point."

Scavenger poked his index fingers together, thinking Scrapper was berating him as well. "I... thought it would be useful?"

Long Haul raised his hands defensively. "What? If you guys hadn't forced me to carry me-sized transformation cogs around a city 24/7, and let me do things, I wouldn't have done that! 'Sides, I wasn't myself at that time. I blame Mixmaster blowing up that... that purple gas thingie!"

"Why is everything that goes wrong my fault?" Mixmaster yelled shrilly.

"Because it usually is, moron!" Long Haul snapped back.

Windcharger shrugged, "To be fair, he did do a fairly good job of crushing said volcano. Before I could get my stuff out of my room there too, on account of being, you know, dead. Did you guys keep track of who got me, by the way?"

"Mixmaster!" Long Haul quipped, earning a raucous peal of laughter from Bonecrusher.

Windcharger turned back to Scrapper and nodded. "Let's see... from the people in this room alone... the Dinobots are, well, Dinobots. Gears is a whiny little twit, Primus rest his spark. So's Huffer. The two together are near-unbearable. And, well, have you ever tried to get in a conversation with Blurr?" Windcharger sighed. "Trailbreaker has his whoopee cushions and random pranks, Tracks and Sunstreaker always go on and on about how glossy their bodywork is, Brawn goes around insulting anyone who so much as touches a science book..."

"Youngling?" Tinker asked Sandstorm with a quizzical look, but didn't question Sandstorm any further. "Yes, the sleep will do you good. Rest well."

Battlefield

"He is an animal, not like Black Battle Convoy." Bludgeon replied to Octopunch. "He is an uncontrolled beast whose allegiance with the Decepticons is one of convenience and not loyalty. The only reason he is in the Mayhem Attack Squad at all is that someone needs to direct that much unbridled rage... and I am the only one he fears enough to do so."

Drift shrugged at Octopunch's comment. "Eh, I wanted to see how you guys were doing."

Bludgeon turned to address the turncoat traitor. "Begone, honourless cur. Octopunch speaks truly. While it is dishonourable to murder you due to the truce, it is likewise dishonourable to ignore all the Decepticons that died because of your shameless treachery. Do not tempt me to prioritize one over the other." Bludgeon pulled out his katana. "You do not want to test me. You may have picked up several techniques on your own, but you are still a far way from being able to even give me a decent swordfight, let alone best me."

"I heard what you spoke with Sideswipe, apparently you value my teachings enough to consider him a valuable student." Drift shot back. "Anyway, gone." The former Decepticon turned around, tossing the Decepticon insignia that he had used while fooling Shadow Striker earlier, which clanked near Bludgeon's feet. "I don't expect- or want- forgiveness. I'm sorry... master. I am an Autobot. Now and forevermore."

With that, Drift leapt away, a white blur as he transformed into his vehicle mode and roared off into the distance.

Northern Border

"Dead, the Stunticons are, if accurate these status updates are." Slog replied to Birdbrain. "But seen, your point is. Inhumane, a zoo would be, even for Wildfly. But too destructive, he is, for a peaceful planet, yet a lifetime in prison, even Wildfly do not deserves."

Slog shook his head. "Think of something, we should."

The Lunatic Fringe

"Eh, me too, boss. Me too." Misfire replied to Spinister. "Least, I don't remember much before Nebulos after being rebuild after that whole Unicron fiasco. Bloody Finback..." Misfire chuckled. "But of course. Triggerhappy, at least, will need babysitting. Can you imagine a world where he can't shoot anything?"

Sixshot regarded Ultra Magnus with a nod. "Too many of your people bear me a grudge, and I too am too destructive to a peaceful world. I am a weapon. So are you. We have no place here. We have no purpose."

"I don't count Thunderwing as being a supposed leader." Blitzwing spat at the Pretender's corpse. "But your point stands, Cyclonus."

The triple changer frowned. "I am unfamiliar with Protihex's topography, and a good part of it had been fire-bombed into rubble by Imperials anyway. Perhaps the Constructicons' field hospital? Or the Imperials' former landing zone?" He scowled. "Breastforce? So that is the reason Trypticon did not join us. Those bastards."

Blitzwing smiled thinly at the memory of his disastrous attempt of getting a local 'strategist'. "Hush, you. That's ancient history."

Blitzwing began to pace. "Senior officers... counting the two of us, I think there's only Bludgeon, Shrapnel, Hun-Grrr and the Monstructor guys. Probably Rage or some of the surviving Seekers. We don't count Shockwave anymore, do we?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hoist's Shuttle

"Me Sludge no like racing either," he told Searchlight. "Probably because me Sludge slow. Also, heavy. Damage road by running. Always like fishing better. Peaceful, quiet. Still not know how Grimlock talk Rodimus into stocking ponds on Cybertron, though."

He frowned. "How Blurr play video games? His hands too fast, break controllers. No?"

Constructicon Hospital

Snarl shook his head. "You're asking the wrong Dinobot," he told Brawl. "Grimlock worked for him. Me, I just smashed heads."

The Dinobots' new leader sighed, then said, "But I guess I shouldn't really be hanging out here. I'm going to go round up as much of the B-team as I can find, and then we can decide as a team whether to stick around Protihex or not."

"We already had a power distributor!" Scrapper told Hook. "Long Haul brought one with us from Chaar. Which he told you, at least eight times. And we didn't even use the one you build anyway, because Mixmaster accidentally set it on fire!"

He turned to Scavenger and said, "And it was! Thank you, by the way, for anticipating how little work our friend Hook gets done."

Answering Windcharger, he said, "Ah, you've got it easy. I have to put up with Hook never getting any work done, Mixmaster blowing up everything he touches, Long Haul constantly grousing about not getting to build anything and Bonecrusher grousing whenever he does have to build instead of break. Not to mention the other Decepticons...Ramjet constantly trying to challenge everyone to headbutt duels, Dirge filming everyone all the time, Starscream trying to rile us up against Megatron, Skywarp trying (and failing) to push people down stairs, Dead End moping, Breakdown sobbing in the corner, Brawl over there CONSTANTLY SHOUTING, Buzzsaw trying to paint everything I built, Ratbat constantly trying to convince us to go freelance so he wouldn't have to pay our health insurance and Rampage smashing stuff whenever the TV signal went out."

Sandstorm nodded to Tinker, then laid his head back and shut down.

Battlefield

"Actually, no, he's not," Octopunch told Bludgeon. "He used to be, but now he's a bunch of small particles of dust floating in orbit. In my books, good riddance."

He watched Drift go, adding, "To him too."

The aquatic Decepticon looked at Bludgeon, then at Stranglehold, then back to Bludgeon again.

"So...what's next for the Mayhem Attack Squad, boss?"

Northern Border

"I suppose having him put down is out of the question?" Birdbrain sighed. "Well, we can't just let him wander around here," he told Slog at last. "Eventually someone will have had enough of his crap. I really don't know what a vicious little monster like him could do, though, other than hurting people."

The Lunatic Fringe

"He can't successfully shoot anything now," Spinister told Misfire. "That's the problem. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm at a loss to explain why Cyclonus and Scourge thought you three would be the best choices to equip with extra-powerful weapons."

Returning to the building that the leaders had camped out in, he lowered himself to the ground and transformed to robot mode.

"They will be dealt with in time," Cyclonus told Blitzwing coldly when the other Decepticon reacted angrily to Breastforce's betrayal.

He pondered the other Decepticon's list of senior officers, frowning. "Whether or not Shockwave counts is, at this point, entirely up to Shockwave. I would appreciate his input, though. Also Blackjack and Spinister, along with Wingspan or Tracer if they survived the battle. Howlback, once she's repaired and ready for duty, would probably assume Soundwave's old role. Skystalker would probably qualify as well." His expression turned grim. "We have taken serious losses in recent years, there is no doubt about that."

"I can't help but disagree," Ultra Magnus told Sixshot. "Your purpose is what you choose it to be. If you don't want to be a weapon anymore, choose not to be and find something else to do with your life." His optics narrowed. "But that will be a great deal easier to do if you're not on a planet filled with civilians who run away screaming every time you come within two blocks."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

(OOC: D'oh! I think I meant for Prowl to say 'third Matrix' instead. I mean, I know - and therefore so should he - about the Chaos Matrix. Oh well.)

Cyclonus glanced towards Optimus and added as an aside, "They'll be trouble, by the way. We'll have to keep an eye out for them."

The Autobot Leader nodded. "Hm, Leozack," he said, foreboding. "They do present a threat, especially while the Decepticons put their house in order..."

Prime shifted his gaze to Blitzwing. "If you do not mind me asking," he said, "but have you considered taking up the mantle of leadership? If what Cyclonus says is true, re-establishing the status quo now among the Decepticon ranks could prevent an insurgence."

--

Optimus regarded Ultra Magnus. "Of course you are welcome to join me, old friend." Prime patted him on the shoulder. "Though, I suppose Hot Rod - or rather, Rodimus - will have to learn to manage without you this time."

Prowl raised his brow. "So, you have all ready chosen your successor?" he inquired. "Well...it would seem that I am last to learn of this news."

He sighed. "But, very well. 'Rodimus Prime' it is, then. And you need not worry; I will keep him focused."

"Yes, about that..."

The General looked on expectantly for Prime to continue.

A faint hope, the Autobot Leader silently mused, that Prowl too would chime in and volunteer to join Optimus and Cyclonus's coalition, just as Ultra Magnus had.

These days, Optimus faintly recognized his old friend. Once a loyal confidant and adviser; now cruel and indifferent. A stranger. A millennia of conflict had taken its toll. But, being the embodiment of an age old war, Prime could only blame himself.

"Prime?" Prowl finally asked.

"Hm, never mind," Optimus answered. "We'll...discuss it later."

"As you wish."

Prowl then shifted his gaze over Thunderwing's remains and, without a shred of deference, said, "We must decide what to do with the body."

The Autobot Leader pinched the bridge of his nose "...And what do you propose?"

"A cursory scan finds metallo-dielectric nanostructures throughout the remains," he said. "Remnant 'Matrix energies', would be my guess." Prowl glanced back to the other nearby Transformers. "It--Thunderwing is saturated with it. The body must be dismantled and -- if there are no objections -- destroyed. The secrets this 'mystical' power hold are best left unexplored and removed entirely from temptation."

En route

"You will manage, Acid Storm," Shockwave radioed back. "But yes, you may proceed. We will arrive outside the anomaly in 3.0 cycles, approximately."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Battlefield

"I'll make sure you arrive in the middle of a downpour," Acid Storm assured Shockwave before signing off. Then the seeker made a few small adjustments to the software that controlled his rain-making missiles, disabling the sub-warheads that would normally seed the clouds with corrosive acid. Then he brought up the coordinates that Shockwave had provided and mentally calculated the optimal distance and height from that location to start seeding the clouds, taking into consideration prevailing winds and the size of the Hate Plague haze.

After spending a few moments on that, he fired his rockets. They flew several hundred metres ahead of him before exploding, seeding the air with a chemical mixture that attracted water vapour, transforming it into a thickening fog that quickly became fluffy white clouds. A couple minutes after that, the first traces of drizzle started to fall.

The Lunatic Fringe

"I didn't want to impose," Ultra Magnus told Optimus Prime by way of explanation, "or to abandon my station if you thought I'd be needed here. But if you think Rodimus will be able to carry the load without my help, I'll be only too happy to join you."

Cyclonus considered what Prowl had to say carefully. "If you're concerned that the Matrix energy will revive him, I think you can rest easy that that won't happen. But I agree that it would be prudent to dispose of his remains as discreetly -- and permanently -- as possible. The last thing we'd want would be to provide a future generation of madmen a gravesite to turn into some sort of twisted shrine."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

The Lunatic Fringe

"I just assumed with your history, that you would be up to the task," said Optimus Prime. "You two had a good working relationship. But, you are under no obligation to remain on Cybertron, Ultra Magnus--

"And Rodimus won't be alone," the Autobot Leader added. "I believe he will choose his cabinet wisely. If you feel your place is with me - with us - you are most welcome. I would be honored to have you along."

---

"Good, then we are in agreement," answered Prowl. "I will instruct a hazmat unit to collect the remains and will implement the appropriate measures to ensure secrecy."

The General looked to Cyclonus. "Is this acceptable?"

Hate Plague Danger Zone

A storm began to form over the site of the anomaly, gathering fast and at a unnatural rate. Acid Storm had done well.

As the small convoy approached, Shockwave gradually raised altitude, until he soared directly over the induced-cloud formations.

He slowed himself as he neared the center of the mass.

With his foot-mounted maneuvering thrusters, the purple cyclopean braked and hovered in place by his in-built repulsors. The modified vessel remained cradled in his arms. Below, a storm was well underway, showering down on the red haze that Thunderwing had wrought upon Protihex.

Shockwave took a moment to process the storm's radius and mass.

"Excellent."

He glanced over his shoulder to the pair of Predators that had accompanied him. "To ensure optimal dispersion of the enzymes," he said, "Darkjet; position yourself west of the storm. 25.5 latitude, 80.4 longitude," he told the Predator. "Moonjet; to the east. 25.5 latitude, 80.6 longitude. Deploy on my mark."

"You need not concern yourselves," the former-Decepticon said as an aside, "I will arm them. Scrapper, fortunately, had the foresight to equip the pod's with radio-controlled improvised explosive devices--"

"Now move to your positions."

He waited for Moonjet and Darkjet to situate themselves. Shockwave then released the stasis pod from his hold and let it drop down into the storm.

"Now," he told the Predators.