[G1 RPG] Terminus: The Tempest (Protihex), Part II

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Lunatic Fringe

Ultra Magnus shot a skeptical look at Optimus. "I suppose he might," he admitted to his friend, "but I wouldn't care to wager on it. Prowl is what he is, and I'm not sure he's capable of change. After all, he would have to want to change before he could make the choice to walk away from it all."

He watched as Prime went over to recover his trailer, then remembered his own (well, Landquake's, but he wasn't going to ask for it back any time soon) trailer was sitting in the now-cleared Hate Plague zone.

I'll have to send a drone to airlift it, he thought to himself, then get it repainted. It wouldn't do for me to walk around looking like a total stranger, or like Optimus that time he coated himself in impervious alloy...

"I know you blame yourself for what Prowl has become," Magnus said, "but you shouldn't. The war might have brought out the worst in him, but he's always been this sort of person. The war only gave him an excuse to act on his controlling impulses, instead of repressing them like he had to in civil society."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

"Shockwave has a greater sense of humour than you." Blackjack said flatly. "At least, he gives out sarcastic comments quite often. There was that time-"

"Hush. Do you want to end in a barrel under the Rust Sea?" Blitzwing told Blackjack, waving his hand in front of the Micromaster.

Blackjack shrugged. "There's something funny about the war. Why, I heard about this ground commando who thought a football coach was a-"

"Will you people stop going on about that already?" Blitzwing interrupted, stomping his feet on the ground near where Blackjack is sitting, the vibrations knocking the Micromaster off his perch and onto the ground with a surprised yelp.

"But it was hilarious, hilarious. Don't you remember it, Scrapper, Scrapper?" Shrapnel chirped as he entered, walking up towards the group. His wrist whirred and his hand clicked back into place. "What's up, up?"

Constructicon Hospital

Darkjet chuckled. "Force of habit die hard... lord."

Moonjet beamed. "I'd be very very pleased to accompany you, um, sir? That okay with you as a honorific? Sir?"

Darkjet nodded and bowed once more as Cyclonus shot back into the sky, although it was more out of habit more than anything. "We will be waiting right here."

The Acid Wastes

"Missy?" Misfire broke into peals. "Never heard that one. Five million years and you never called me that before -- shame on you, Nosey! Shame on you!"

"He enjoys being insulted?" Sixshot frowned. "It is odd." Sixshot turned back to Needlenose and nodded as he kicked another one of Thunderwing's shell off the ship. "I find your advice agreeable."

"Now, since I already did Thunderwing, any one of you want to do Starscream?" Misfire said, smiling.

Constructicon Field Hospital

"Ah, I see. Do not trust Decepticon medics, do you?" Hook scoffed. "We do have a sense of honour, you know? We have top-grade surgeons here. And were you healing our wounded?" Hook sighed. "Whatever. Less work for us. All of you grunts- assist them in reclaiming their wounded."

Hook turned around and stormed back into the hospital.

Scavenger turned to Ambulon and chuckled sheepishly. "He's like that. He just has a bad day."

Long Haul, Mixmaster and Bonecrusher shook their hands and spoke in unison, "No no no. He's like that every day."

Intensive Care Unit, Aesculapius

Springer gasped as the lubricating fluids were drained. Transformers don't breathe, but they had sensation in their 'mouths' all the same, and it was more of a reflex than anything. Springer blinked out the cold fluid from his optics, and as the pod hissed open, Springer stumbled out, but caught himself before he slammed himself embarrassingly onto Centrifuge.

"I feel... at peace." Springer mumbled. "I mean, refreshed. Bit dizzy, but refreshed."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

Scrapper glared at Shrapnel. "I have bad memories of that event," he told the Insecticon flatly as he joined the small group. "If I'd known where Blitzwing's orders were coming from I would have sided with Astrotrain, believe me."

"All things considered," Spinister told him, "that wouldn't have been a bad decision. If Astrotrain had been in charge then the war would have ended twenty years earlier. We might even have won it, in that case."

"You talk about the war ending like it's a good thing," Rage said, evidently confused. "Who am I going to kill now?"

The Acid Wastes

Needlenose glared at Misfire. "Leave the nicknaming to me, chatterbox. You're no good at it."

Then he responded to Sixshot. "Glad I could help, big guy."

Finally, he glanced over at Starscream and pondered the fallen Decepticon. "Yeah, I'll say a couple words," he said at last. "Screamy, you were a piece of crap and no one misses you. Stay dead and enjoy the afterlife this time, instead of coming back to haunt us."

Then he looked up at Misfire and shrugged. "What? Nobody said it needed to be a good word..."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

Shrapnel shrugged, "Glad I wasn't involved, involved. But at least you weren't the one to listen to a fleshie football coach, coach."

Blitzwing glared at Shrapnel and Scrapper. "Can't you guys just, I don't know, forget all that?"

"Never, never." Shrapnel said, grinning at Blitzwing.

Blitzwing turned to face Spinister and shrugged, "Astrotrain wasn't that competent back on Earth. Not much more than me, anyway. He only bucked up after the whole Chaos Matrix whatnot. But, yes, like you said, he was a good Decepticon. And a good leader. A pity he's not with us now." (Shrapnel's mocking grin vanished abruptly upon hearing this sentence) "Which brings us to one of the topics this Enclave is about. But I'd rather wait for Cyclonus and the others to arrive."

The Acid Wastes

Misfire stuck out his tongue at Needlenose, but neither he nor Sixshot complained as the Targetmaster sent Starscream off. "Nobody's complaining, Needles." Misfire grinned. "Those are good words, if they're directed at Starscream."

"Let's dump them all and get back to Protihex." Sixshot rumbled as he tossed one of Thunderwing's shells out of the ship. "I abhor the atmosphere here."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Lunatic Fringe

Optimus looked back at Ultra Magnus with a doleful look in his eyes. "I know. Trust me, I know. More than I care to, in fact ," he vaguely confessed. "But, I have to try."

The Autobot Leader patting the side of his trailer, cuing it to shift back into his apex armor. "Let's head back to the Trion," he said, attempting to change the subject.

(OOC: Unless Magnus wants to press the matter. Up to you.)

Ambulon rolled his optics. "Always a pleasure, Hook."

When the IMR personnel entered the encampment, it became abundantly clear that The Constructicon's makeshift clinic had taken on a fair share casualties. Much to Ambulon's chagrin. Hook's annoyance wasn't completely unjustified. Though Hoist had set up camp nearby to pick up some of the slack, it nonetheless did not reflect well on the IMR or its founding members.

Had Ratchet been there, he would've accused Prowl of condoning negligence and told the General to frag off.

Where is Ratchet, anyway?

"For what it's worth, I apologize," he continued. "We had our hands full at the southwest border. One of the Imperial's titans smashed through the perimeter guard and the Omega Sentinel positioned there. Quite the mess, but we're here now. Yes, we still have our orders--

"Prowl's orders," he added, derisively. "But our staff and supplies are at your disposal."

---

Centrifuge switched off his scanner and placed it down onto a nearby cart. "You Wreckers sure are resilient," the medical officer told Springer. "You came here in pretty bad shape, but--" He looked the triplechanger up and down, "you've mended nicely, and you're body doesn't seem to be rejecting any of the new components."

(OOC: Maybe it was the Matrix that did that...? I think that's what you were hinting at.)
____

The Flats

(OOC: Thanks for the description, Warcry :))

Shockwave arrived above the sub-division just north of the abandoned manufacturing district and the South End. 'The Flats', as they were known, is a middle-class suburb, with little in the way of interesting geographical features; a bland assembly of low-rise buildings, lacking identity or significance.

It was one of the few city-state's districts that survived the Imperial invasion. Shockwave took stock of this as he soared overhead in ray-gun mode. A potential site to relocate the population when the time came, perhaps?

He followed Blitzwing's coordinates to a small stadium, where the remaining Decepticon high-command had made camp. Though the purple cyclopean had resigned stellar cycles ago, he was asked to attend this meeting.

All ready, others had arrived before him. Shockwave pulled his barrel up and lowered down to the playing field. He transformed and dropped down near the group.

The former-Decepticon looked over the assemblage. "An unconventional location to convene. Is this everyone?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"Ignore 'im, not-Ratchet guy. He's always like tha'." Bonecrusher told Ambulon, chuckling.

"Ehhh, we don't mind." Long Haul waved his hands. "Well, on principle, I do, I suppose. Frag Prowl, see? Ranted about it alongside Hook all day long. See, initially we were only seeing to Decepticon and those Combaticon wounded, then people kind of started coming in and even I got to do repairs. So all in all, a good day."

"'Sides, wit' our track record of makin' corpse sculptures, it's a surprise the 'bots let us touch their wounded at all." Bonecrusher chimed in, and both he and Long Haul broke into raucous laughter.

Scavenger nodded, beaming at Ambulon. "Not that we did that today... not that we know of, anyway. Still, as fellow medics, I suppose we both understand bureaucracy, yeah? Fortunately, Starscream kind of went radio-silent after his orders of 'coordinate with Gigatron's medical team', and both Scrapper and Hook don't mind taking in Autobots."

"Scrapper's a nice guy. Hook likes to show off. And he wants an excuse to bitch about Autobots, to have Autobots be indebted to him and stuff." Long Haul chirped in, but a wrench flew through the air from inside the hospital and hit Long Haul straight on the back of his head, causing him to fall flat on his face. Bonecrusher and Mixmaster laughed again.

"Mmm, we're not that resilient, believe me." Springer told Centrifuge, as he traced one of the wound lines on his torso. "I suppose I'm just lucky. I didn't think I was coming back... I suppose it's the big glowing piece of coconut-" Springer stopped himself, and continued, "Well, the Matrix, essentially. Saw it when I was half-dead, and I suppose being in such close proximity helped my recovery or something, I don't know. I'm just happy to be alive."

Springer sighed. "The fight's over, isn't it?"

(OOC: Mmm, the Matrix aiding his repairs works for me.)

The Flats

"Shockwave?" Shrapnel looked at the cyclopean ex-Decepticon, and grinned. "You're in for this crazy ride as well, well?"

"Don't think so. He still doesn't have the purple brand." Blackjack quipped. "Probably he's just here as a mediator."

Blitzwing nodded at Shockwave tapped his commlink to summon the holographic avatars for Buzzsaw and Ravage to appear. "Outside those here? Cyclonus is the only one absent, but he will be coming. He's the one who called this meeting, after all, Shockwave... Hun-Grrr and Howlback are both still undergoing repairs. Tracer, Wingspan, Skystalker, Bludgeon-"

"I am here." Bludgeon said, and Blitzwing turned behind him to see the skeletal Pretender crouching on one of the benches in the stadium.

"You weren't here- oh, I'm not surprised. Well, basically only Cyclonus is left, I suppose." Blitzwing shrugged.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

Scrapper shook his head. "No, I suppose not," he said to Shrapnel. "Not that it makes the time we wasted building that 'zone defence' any less irksome."

Spinister shrugged. "Perhaps he just needed a chance," he said to Blitzwing. "How often did he get to do anything other than transport duty under Megatron's command?" His expression grew solemn. "But you're right. Astrotrain is sorely missed. He was a good Decepticon, and a good...friend."

"Oh, boo hoo," Rage snarled. "So the paperwork train bought it! Better him than us, I say."

Spinister glared at him. "Nobody asked you for your tiresome, predictable opinion."

As the cassettes' holo-avatars appeared, Buzzsaw snarked, "I can see we've been missing some witty repartee," he said with a glance to Ravage. "As usual."

Ravage, as one might expect, was silent.

As they spoke an angular, needle-sharp silhouette passed over the stadium as Cyclonus flew by, then looped back around and prepared to land.

The Acid Wastes

Needlenose looked out a window. "Well, we've got an Autobot shuttle shadowing us, so we're good to go." He pressed a button on the shuttle's exit controls and the cargo door yawned open. "Lets get rid of this junk!"

Glancing back at Sixshot he asked, "You wanna do the honours, bud?"

Lunatic Fringe

"Yeah, lets." Ultra Magnus shot a jealous look at Prime's apex armour and joked, "You just had to rub it in."

He was still worried about Prowl, but he knew Optimus well enough to recognize when his old friend didn't want to talk about something.

Knowing Prime, he'll be thinking about it all the way home anyway.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

"I thought you had great pride in the things you build, build?" Shrapnel asked Scrapper, frowning.

"Come on, you have to admit the zone defense thing worked marvelously. It trapped the Autobots and you guys got to make a corpse sculpture out of it." Blitzwing said, although his expression wasn't offended at all.

"Still. Human sports coach." Blackjack chirped.

Ignoring the Micromaster, Blitzwing turned to Spinister and nodded. "He never really saw the need of taking charge. I think that Astro-force thing kind of traumatized him from having any confidence of leadership until, well, Admiral and everything."

"Much like zone defense traumatized you, Blitzwing?"

"I swear to Primus, Blackjack, I'm going to practice what the football coach taught me and punt you across this stadium." Blitzwing growled, but whirled around to glare at Rage. Despite knowing that it was unneeded, His voice became low and deadly as he narrowed his optic band. "Hey. Stormtrooper. Mock Astrotrain in front of me one more time. Come on. Then I'll send you off so you can tell him that face-to-face." The triple changer flipped his scimitar into a battle-ready position.

Before he had a chance to react, though, something moved past the edge of his vision, and next thing Blitzwing knew, Bludgeon was crouching between him and Rage, hands crossed over his chest. Each hand held a blade, and the katana's sharp tip was pointed at Rage's chest, whereas the flamesaber's tip touched lightly against Blitzwing's scimitar.

"This is a Conclave." Bludgeon hissed, voice death-like as ever. "Control your emotions, Blitzwing. It is unbecoming for you to lose your temper. And you, honourless cur -- refrain from insulting any more dead Decepticons, or I shall cut you down myself."

The Acid Wastes

Sixshot nodded, and reared up his leg to punt Thunderwing's inner robot body unceremoniously out of the ship's open cargo bay.

"Bye, Thunderwing!"

The sixchanger then crouched slightly, grabbed a shell in each hand, and tossed them out to follow the inner robot tumbling down below.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

"I take pride in building useful things," Scrapper clarified for Shrapnel, "not plans gleaned from the accidental misunderstandings of a terrified flesh creature's mewlings."

Cyclonus transformed and dropped into their midst, then, cutting short all the side conversations. He skewered Rage and Blitzwing with a glare, making it clear he knew exactly what they'd been up to, before silently signalling Bludgeon to stand down.

"This is a conclave," he reminded the Pretender, "which means threats of death have no place here. Still your tongue! I called you here to discuss matters of importance, not indulge in the same petty bickering that laid low our predecessors on the Decepticon High Command. Because make no mistake -- we are all that is left to guide our people."

The Acid Wastes

"And lo, nothing of value was lost," Needlenose said as he watched Thunderwing's corpse fall from the shuttle and land in the acid lake with a splash. After Sixshot had cleared out the shells as well, Needlenose pitched in by hauling Starscream's remains to the hatch and tossing them out.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

Shrapnel shrugged, "If it's any consolation prize, when my team and I ate your zone defense it was tasty, tasty." Shrapnel frowned as he tried to remember the taste. "Bit heavy on the electrons, though, though."

Bludgeon gave Cyclonus an amused grin as he pulled back to his full height, sheathing both his swords. "But of course." the Pretender said, walking slowly and purposefully away from Blitzwing and Rage. "I have said what needed to be said to them. What, then, pray tell, do you have to say to us, Cyclonus?"

Blitzwing, for his part, did not back down from either Bludgeon or Cyclonus, although he did lower his scimitar. He meant everything he said. Conclave or otherwise, he would've cut down Rage if the Stormtrooper dissed Astrotrain again.

"Like Cyclonus said." Blitzwing said, as he raised his voice slightly. "We are all that is left to guide our people. And we have to discuss what exactly to do with them now that the war is over."

"I'd wager taking over Protihex is no longer on the table, table?" Shrapnel piped up. "I mean, someone has to say it, it's an option, option."

The Acid Wastes

"Waste of three perfectly good Pretender shells. Though I suppose the fact that they have ugly mugs pasted on them are a crime in and of itself." Misfire quipped. "We're done here, aren't we?"

Sixshot merely grunted noncommittally as he watched Thunderwing and Starscream sink down into the Acid Wastes.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

Scrapper just glared at Shrapnel, not saying anything.

"No," Cyclonus snapped at Shrapnel. "It is not."

He turned to Bludgeon then and said, "I have little to say to you, because the decisions you speak of will weigh on shoulders other than mine. I'm leaving. The Decepticon Matrix is coming with me, but it's not coming back. And once it's been disposed of, neither am I. We've spent far too much time fighting with the Autobots over one planet, my fellow Decepticons. There's no point to it, not anymore. The time has come for us to see what the stars has to offer us."

His optics narrowed.

"I strongly suggest that those of you who aren't interested in staying on Cybertron to rebuild come with us. It will be much healthier to be part of a crew of Decepticons and Autobots looking for the future than it will be to stand in our way."

Rage piped up. "I'm not really keen on either option," he said. "Permission to insult the space choo-choo a bit more so sword boy puts me out of my misery?"

"Denied," Cyclonus growled.

"For my part," Spinister said, "I think it's a great idea. Our soldiers will need something to focus on as they adapt to the peace, and not all of them are builders. I will be happy to go with you and I think my Targetmasters will as well."

Cyclonus smiled. "I couldn't think of any better additions to my crew." Then he glanced towards Blitzwing and said, "My friend, I believe you're best-suited to discuss the direction of things here on Cybertron."

The Acid Wastes

"I sure as hell hope so," Needlenose told Misfire, trying not to let Sixshot's eerie silence terrify him by only partially succeeding. "I've seen enough of this bleak slagheap to last a lifetime. Sluggy, get us outta here!"

"You got it."

The shuttle rumbled as it's engines warmed up, and it angled off back towards Protihex.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

"What, what?" Shrapnel asked Scrapper unashamedly. "It's the truth!"

Cyclonus, however, snapped at Shrapnel, and the Insecticons raised his hands slightly in a gesture of placation. "I'm not suggesting that we do it, it. For the record I'm against it, of course... we're all tired and outgunned, outgunned. I'm just saying what everyone is probably thinking, thinking."

If Bludgeon was surprised by Cyclonus' words, his expression did not change at all. Shrapnel's optic band arched up in surprise, and Blackjack made a short laugh. Blitzwing was standing, arms behind his back, expressionless, as if he was expecting this to happen.

"My blade yearns for blood, Cyclonus." Bludgeon said, skeletal grin ever-present. "And my Mayhem Attack Squad have no place on a peaceful Cybertron. My legacy has been left by my actions as a Decepticon warrior on Cybertron, my name infamy among the population. Indeed, I believe I shall join you in the stars, for there is nothing to be gained by me being here."

"I think you'd best go with Cyclonus." Blitzwing told Rage, with minimal annoyance in his voice. "Because out there, you can bet there will be some people for you to beat up. And on a peaceful Cybertron, it'd only be a matter of time before you snap and get arrested."

Blitzwing turned around as Cyclonus addressed him. He sighed -- it was not a speech he was ever prepared to give.

Astrotrain probably felt the same.

With a wry grin, Blitzwing cleared his throat. "As Cyclonus had said, I have volunteered to lead the Decepticons that will remain as a nation here on Cybertron. It's not a responsibility I look forward to, at least, but if you'll have me I will, Primus willing, lead us to the glory we seek so much... minus the tyranny. We will not be engaging in hostilities with the Autobots or the Protihexians, but neither will we serve under them. We'll be a new Decepticon country, a place where our troops can live and go on with their lives without fear of another Civil War of any kind. But I'm going to need people to help me rebuild and manage this nation, and I would welcome all of you, my comrades, to help me in rebuilding."

Blitzwing turned to Scrapper. "I do sincerely hope you and your team will stay. Would be hard to rebuild without the Constructicons. No more zone defenses, I promise."

The Acid Wastes

Misfire settled into his seat, and laughed. "It's all over, isn't it? I get to shoot Thunderwing, and it's over. All in all, not a bad career!"

Sixshot turned to Needlenose with a frown. "Is he always so... cheerful?"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

Rage laughed in Blitzwing's face. "Like hell," the stormtrooper told him. "I'm staying here to see how badly you mess this up without a football coach telling you what to do." He shrugged. "I figure proving me wrong will give you all the motivation you need to do the job right. And, hey, if you screw it up anyway I'll be able to kill the lynch mobs that come for you, so win-win in my books."

Cyclonus couldn't help but laugh. "Well, Blitzwing, it looks like you've found yourself a bodyguard. Hopefully he won't have to earn his keep."

Scrapper turned to Blitzwing and said, "I'll say on one condition. Reassign Hook to a quiet research post where he'll actually be able to be happy so that I won't have to deal with his constant whining."

"And speaking of research posts..." Cyclonus turned to Shrapnel. "Where is Kickback? His rank entitles him to be here and I have a very important job for him.

"Since Bombshell was on the casualty list and the two survivors are estranged," Spinister interjected, "I'm assuming that one of the two killed him."

"What, finally?" Buzzsaw asked incredulously. "Took them long enough..."

The Acid Wastes

Needlenose shrugged. "Not when I'm around him, he's not," he told Sixshot. "Misfire, you by chance get brainwashed by Megs' team while you were over there? You're not an insufferably miserable angst-machine no more."
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

Blitzwing opened his mouth to retort to Rage with an instinctive biting remark, but ended up giving the Stormtrooper a smile. "So long as you cut down the insults, I promise to sic you on anything resembling a lynch mob."

The triple-changer turned to Cyclonus and shrugged. "He's no bunny-eared Unicron-crafted loyal warrior, I suppose... but he'll do."

He turned to Scrapper next, and nodded. "I will, but I'm pretty sure that he'll come in and bug you guys for 'not performing up to standard without the great Hook'. Blitzwing did the last in a respectable mimicry of Hook's snobbish tone.

Shrapnel looked up at Cyclonus, and tilted his head, unsure how to answer. Needler, nesting at Shrapnel's leg, let out a sad mewl. Spinister spoke before he did, though, and Shrapnel nodded.

"Spinister's assessment is... accurate, accurate." Shrapnel said at last. "And I am the one not embarrassed enough to show my face here, so you know who did the deed, deed. I cannot say Kickback is entirely at fault since he rescued a lot of us by doing so, and Bombshell is a Starscream waiting to happen..."

Shrapnel bit his tongue. Saying out the reasons he knew to be true felt like betrayal to Bombshell. But then, even though he believed them, he knew that deep down he would always hate Kickback for that.

"Anyway, he's dead, dead. If Kickback won't answer to your initial hails, I doubt he'll show up until he's ready, ready."

Shrapnel snapped his head to glare at Buzzsaw. "Shut your trap, parakeet boy. You don't see me insulting that useless cow- well, Laserbeak back when he died in Polyhex, do you, you?"

"Well, if jobs are being taken, Blitzwing, I call dibs on diplomat." Blackjack said, moving away from Shrapnel. He had no desire to be involved in Insecticon drama, especially not when his own team member had been killed. "Road Hugger's leading the Combaticons, Detour's a member of the Protihex, and I'm pretty sure that the Autobots would be more inclined to negotiate with me than with Rage or Shrapnel."

"You sure about this?" Blitzwing looked down at the smaller Decepticon.

"Positive." Blackjack smirked. "Plus, T-wing blew up all the casinos in Polyhex, so there's really not much more for me to do."

The Acid Wastes

Misfire shrugged at Needlenose. "Brainwashed? Nah. I can shoot straight now. I'm going to keep bragging that, because I think you didn't see me when I shot down the Thunderwing shells and stuff."

"Am I that much of an insufferably miserable angst-machine? That's the boss... I always thought I was cheerful. A snarker, but cheerful."
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Lunatic Fringe

Optimus Prime chuckled. "Sorry," he told Ultra Magnus. "Still, Wheeljack and Minerva would be pleased to know it lasted throughout the battle. Less pleased when they learn that I had used it as a blunt instrument against Thunderwing."

The Autobot Leader climbed inside his apex armor. He shifted shape, filling out the open cavity in its torso. "How long has it been since I have seen you without yours? Stellar cycles?"

When Optimus looked to the other Autobot, he did not see 'the replica' that others saw. It was a very old friend; one of the last from Prime's generation. The red and blue armor that would become synonymous to Ultra Magnus, came much later.

"Seeing you as you are at this moment," he said, "reminds me of a different time."

Centrifuge nodded. "Yep, it's very much over," he told Springer. "All sides are packing up and sorting out the wounded as we speak. Prowl's message wasn't exactly clear on the details, but the Imperials lost and Thunderwing's dead. Now the rebuilding - and the healing - begins."

The Autobot medic clapped his hands together. "Anyhooo, everything seems to check out," he said. "You probably don't want to stick around and rest up, huh?"

(OOC: Was there anywhere in particular you were wanting this discussion to go?)

____

The Flats

Shockwave finally stepped forward. "For my part, I will not vie for the mantle leadership," he assured the party. "My time has past. I shall remain in Protihex and continue to serve as its guardian. In wake of the Imperial invasion, I am needed here more than before."

Realizing that that was perhaps not the response some within the assemblage had hoped from the once-Decepticon Leader, he added, "Nevertheless... I will consider functioning as a intermediary power for Protihex's Decepticon citizens and migrants. Provided, also, the Governor sanctions it." Shockwave shot a glance toward Blitzwing. "If that is acceptable and if my offer coincides with your vision of a unified nation of Decepticons, then I shall acquiesce. With one proviso..."

The cyclops's optic bore down on Shrapnel. "The neutrality of Protihex must be respected. Hostilities against it will not be tolerated," he warned the Insecticon. "You would do well to heed Cyclonus's words. May I remind you, the city-state has many allies. Additionally, it is protected by the Autobot's '[url=http://Iaconian-Protihexian%20Treaty]Iaconian-Protihexian Treaty[/url]'. After today, further acts of aggression within Protihex's borders - be it an outside conflict or against Protihex itself - will be met with immediate reprisal. That, I can promise you--

"Moreover," said Shockwave, "you will have me to contend with. For now, Decepticons are permitted here. I would advise that you not squander your remaining allies and resources."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

"No deal," Rage told Blitzwing. "The insults are part of the package. But if I'm cutting down assassins every week, I figure you're coming out ahead."

Glancing over at Blackjack, he scowled. "Hey! The Autobots would love to negotiate with me. Or else."

Scrapper shrugged. "That's okay. I'll just point out how he was so useless we replaced him with Hightower, and he'll run off in a huff."

Buzzsaw cawed at Shrapnel. "Laserbeak wasn't constantly plotting to enslave us all, bug, but if delusions make it easier for you to shut down at night the feel free to keep lying to yourself."

Cyclonus looked at Shrapnel with a sympathetic expression. "I'd be lying if I said he'd be missed, but I'm sorry for your loss." He narrowed his optics. "But I have a job for Kickback, so we'll have to find him sooner than later. Fortunately, it's a job that will keep him far away from you for quite a long time."

The Acid Wastes

Needlenose cocked his head and gave Misfire a pitying look. "Look, we're buddies and all, but have you ever actually listened to the stuff you say? Seriously, last time I saw you you were all 'boo hoo, I can't shoot straight, poor me' and passive-aggressively acting up whenever anyone called you on it."

Lunatic Fringe

Ultra Magnus shook his head. "Not for a long time," he told Optimus. "I got tired of everyone thinking I was you and asking if we've had another Hate Plague outbreak." His expression turned dark. "I guess what happened today will kill that joke, at least."

Sighing, he looked over at his old friend and said, "That was a long time ago. I don't think we can ever go back to the way things were. Peace or no peace, the war has changed all of us too much."
Blackjack

OOC: I swear I replied to this thread last week.

Post by Blackjack »

Springer nodded at Centrifuge. "Thunderwing stood no chance." The Wrecker smiled, but the smile faded slightly. "But yeah, now we need to heal."

The Autobot hopped off the gurney he was in. "Afraid not, doc. Thanks for the help, though. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine -- I used to immediately hop into battle right after a big repair job, I'm sure simply flying around the city and looking around won't kill me."

The former Wrecker gave Centrifuge a wave, and started to walk out of the Aesculapius with a relaxed posture, something he never assumed during the war.

(OOC: Not really. Just kind of establishing that Springer is up and around. Say, do you want Prowl to meet Springer or something?)

The Flats

Blitzwing turned to Shockwave and nodded respectfully. "I, for one, would prefer it if you sat on the chair instead of me, sparing me the headaches, but I respect your choice. And that would be more than acceptable, Shockwave. Thank you."

Blitzwing turned to Rage and shrugged. "We're the Decepticons. You won't have a shortage of power-hungry Starscream wannabes."

Turning to Scrapper, Blitzwing smiled. "You do that. With everything Thunderwing did, Hook will have no shortage of research material. Provided, of course, you keep that mad chemist of yours far, far away from Hook's research."

"Wait, so I'm going to have to deal with Shockwave too?" Blackjack yelped, in slight surprise, then smiled. "Oh well, could be worse."

Blackjack glanced up at Rage. "Yeah, your idea of negotiations probably involves a fusion carbine."

Shrapnel glanced at Shockwave without fear. "Relax, former-boss, boss. I was just throwing out what everyone's thinking. No one's stupid enough to attack Protihex right now, now. I was just making a point, point."

"It was a stupid point." Blackjack quipped.

"Shut up, midget, midget." Shrapnel snapped, then turned to Buzzsaw. "I'm not deluded, deluded. Bombshell was scum, but he was our scum. Just like how Soundwave is yours, yours. You'll mourn the manipulative bastard, won't you, you?"

"Stand down, Insecticon." Bludgeon hissed from the edge of the stadium, fingers idly dancing on his hilt. "I cannot do much to the Recordicon from here, but my threat to cut down those who speak ill of the dead still stands."

Shrapnel turned at Bludgeon, decided not to antagonize the creepy former Decepticon leader, gave Buzzsaw one last angry glare, before turning his back on the holoprojection. The Insecticon turned to Cyclonus. "That would be the best for both of us, us." Shrapnel agreed, and he opened an Insecticon-specific frequency. He hesitated for a moment, before saying in a very neutral tone. "Kickback, it's me. Come to the Flats. Cyclonus has a job for you."

Shuttle

"Not really!" Misfire replied to Needlenose. If he regretted or was annoyed by Needlenose's impression of him, he was either kind enough or trying to save face by pretending to be ignorant. "I don't do passive aggressive! I sulk a little, maybe, but I'm like, always jolly and happy."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

"Yes you will," Rage told Blitzwing, "because I'm going to kill them all. In fact, I intend to make Starscream wannabes an endangered species."

He shrugged.

"What? A mech needs a hobby."

Then he told Blackjack, "Not always. Sometimes I'll be civil and use a sword instead."

Scrapper laughed. "Don't worry. I'll take care of Mixmaster."

Unable to wait, he activated his comm system and barked, "Great news, Hook. You're fired! Talk to Blitzwing. He'll give you your next assignment."

He closed the channel before the now-former Constructicon could respond.

"Not particularly," Buzzsaw told Shrapnel. "Soundwave was my boss, not my friend."

He glanced over at Ravage, whose expression was stony and impassive...a little too impassive to look genuine.

"But still, I take your point. Please accept my apology."

Kickback didn't reply to Shrapnel, only sending a curt message receipt back to his former comrade to acknowledge that he'd gotten the call.

Shuttle

"Whatever you say, Pinkie," Needlenose said to Misfire. "If I pretend I agree with you will that mean the end of this conversation and a chance to talk about something fun instead?"

Up front, Triggerhappy groaned. "Ah, hell, he's going to start talking about designer microchips again isn't he?"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The Flats

Blitzwing smiled at Rage. "Don't act like it's a bad thing. I will personally support you in your endeavor. Well, not literally since you'll probably be pissed if I butt in, but you have my full support."

"Still sore that all of Starscream's takeover plans don't involve a football coach?" Blackjack asked, and had to roll to one side as a massive purple feet (massive for the Micromaster) slammed down where he had been standing moments before. "It's a healthy hobby, Rage. And, yeah, swords are civil. Look at Bludgeon."

Blitzwing and Blackjack both gave Scrapper a funny look, before laughing. After all the death, the genuine laugh from both of them felt... good.

"You know he's going to give me trouble, don't you?" Blitzwing said, smiling. "Jeez, Scrapper. Hook, you're fired!" The triple-changer mimicked what the Constructicon had just said.

Shrapnel gave Buzzsaw a snort that indicated he didn't particularly believe that the Cassettecon did not consider Soundwave a friend. He nodded, optic band arching slightly at the apology. He turned around to face the holographic image of the bird, and nodded. "Yeah, yeah."

He accepted the apology. There was nothing much to say.

That was all he could bring to say. Looking up at Cyclonus, Shrapnel said, "Kickback's gotten the message, message. He'll come to you, you. He didn't reply to me, and I do not intend to converse further with him, him. So unless you specifically need me, I'd rather not be around when he meets you, for both our sakes, sakes."

"Was that-"

"Yeah, that was Hook all right."

"What got him so riled up?"

The various Constructicons glanced up from the patients they are transporting or healing, glancing at Hook, who had just screamed a WHAT that some of them swore shook the walls of the makeshift building.

The doctor's face was furious, and if the phone was a corporeal object and not built into Hook's head nodule he would've slammed it on the table.

"My patient's going to spark arrest!" Scavenger yelped. "The scream moved the spark stabilizer plates!" As several other medics rushed in to help, Bonecrusher looked up, glanced at Mixmaster and Long Haul and exchanged a silent conversation.

"Oy, Hook? Something wrong? Did... did something happen to Scrap?" Bonecrusher asked, stating what he thought was the first reason that Hook could get this furious. "Did 'e die?"

"NO!" Hook bellowed. "IT'S WORSE!"

"Did Scrapper die and Starscream survive?" Long Haul ventured.

"NO! I GOT FIRED!"

There was a collective. "Aaaaah." from the Constructicons and some of the others in the room... and then everyone started back working.

Hook opened his mouth, as if to berate someone, then indignantly stomped out of the room.

Shuttle

"Pretending to agree counts as agreeing if we ever bring this up in the future, Needles." Misfire told Needlenose with a wide grin.

Sixshot tilted his head to one side. "Designer microchips? What are th-glhpgh" Sixshot could not finish his sentence because he was too surprised by the fact that Misfire had sprung out of his seat like a lightning bolt and slammed onto his chest, cupping both hands over Sixshot's mouthplate, somehow muffling him.

Sixshot's optics were wide.

"DO NOT LET HIM TALK ABOUT DESIGNER MICROCHIPS" Misfire yelled, optics wide. "HE WILL MAKE YOUR BRAIN BLEED AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE BLOOD"

"Triggerhappy? Slugslinger? Is this normal social interaction?" Sixshot asked, voice slightly shaken.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The Flats

Rage shrugged. "Nah, feel free to slag anyone who makes it past me," he told Blitzwing. "I mean, not that there'll be that many, but if I shoot them in the back while they're trying to get to you the fusion blast might tear through their torso and hit you too. Wouldn't want that."

He glanced over at Bludgeon. "Not sure 'civil' is the word I'd use to describe ol' Skullface, but okay. We'll go with that."

"I've wanted to do that for so long, you can't even imagine." Scrapper told Blitzwing. "I think I deserved to enjoy it." He barked out a laugh. "I'll have Scavenger forward the video of Hook's inevitable freak-out to you guys. I've got a feeling it'll be worth watching."

"Go," Cyclonus told Shrapnel in an understanding tone. "I wouldn't want you to be any more uncomfortable than you already are. And in case I don't see you again before our ship leaves, good luck. I have a feeling those of you left on Cybertron will need it as much as those of us who are leaving, if not more."

Shuttle

Needlenose hadn't actually meant to discuss the subject, but given a chance to grind Misfire's gears he couldn't resist.

"Well since you asked," he told Sixshot, speaking loud enough that everyone could hear, "before the war I was a microchip designer. I spent a lot of time working on custom hardware for scientific and military staff, but the real money came from the yuppie crowd. Some of them just wanted different internals so they could show off how much better they were than the masses. Others were more functional, and gave the host faster reaction times, better sensor processing speed, stuff like that. I made a lot of cash from it, and so my line of 'Chic Chips' were born."

"Not normal at all!" Slugslinger bellowed, trying to drown out Needlenose so he's shut up. "Not normal at all," he assured Sixshot. "Normal people don't try to torture their friends with old stories!"

"Now, I made a good living at it for a long time, until that dastardly Optimus denounced me and ruined everything. But that's a story for another day." Before the other Decepticons could sigh in relief, he added, "What we really need to talk about are the chip architectures..."

"Is it still murder if we do it in unclaimed territory?" Slugslinger mused aloud. "I mean, technically there's no law here, right?"