[New RPG] Active players and a possible return...

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Active players and a possible return...

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I'm actually interested in coming back. For real yo!

just wondered how many active players there are now though.
Also every post seems to be of epic proportion now - not a complaint so much as an observation - this feels particularly prohibitive to getting started again.

In the 'old days' it seemed to be shorter, punchier posting style to drive the story along. it was less daunting, imho, to encourage new players to get involved as it seemed less to catch up on.

I've had some epic moments in the "old" rpg here and have read some threads which show that I managed to make impressions with some of the characters I've played before.

I'm not looking to retread old ground if I play again though. So, with that in mind, thanks to you for reading this and who do you think I should play?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hey there.

You're right that things have changed over the last few years. There are fewer people playing for sure. I'd guess maybe ten, though I haven't counted in a long time.

As far as posting style goes, I think that's a side-effect of us being old. Instead of a short post or two every day in a thread, people tend toward a longer post once or twice a week. Since there are fewer people active, I don't think the overall word count is any bigger...just coming in a smaller number of posts.

As far as who you should play...shit, that's a tough one. The characters that stick in my mind the most when I think of you in the good ol' days were Skywarp, Sixshot and Springer, and all three of those are taken so I don't think there's any risk of you retreading old ground from where I'm sitting.

A lot of the iconic early-G1 guys are still free in the new game if you're interested in someone like that. Ratchet, Bumblebee, Shockwave, Jetfire and all the tapes are without players if I'm remembering right (although a few of them have shown up as NPCs or been briefly toyed with here and there). And of course there's always obscure guys like Guzzle, Tailgate or Needlenose going unloved.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

you might be on to something with tailgate. one if the earliest toys I remember owning!
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

The more the merrier!
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!