[New RPG] World at War: The Siege of Iacon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Room, War Academy:

If he'd had a team of techs working with him, they'd have told him what he was trying was impossible.

Fortunately, he didn't have any techs handy.

Using the dismantled remains of three separate personal commlinks(removed from the scattered remains of their former owners), whatever he could salvage from the status stations around the room, and four high altitude Skyspies that he'd managed to launch, Ironhide twisted knobs on the holo tank display, watching the blurry mess finally start to resolve into something..... Less blurry.

"Nnn."

He flipped more switches, twisted another set of knobs, typed a series of commands onto a flickering capacitance keypad. Then he gave the side of the tank a hard THUMP!!

The holotank flickered, then snapped into a green wireframe image of the the greater Iacon area, with the War Academy in the center. Blue dots indicated active Autobot's in the area, tracking their commlinks. Red dots showed active commlinks that weren't Autobot.

Orange dots, which vastly outnumbered both the blue and red dots, indicated movement with no commlink signature. "Aw, nuts. That ain't whut Ah wanted t'see......"

Main Courtyard, War Academy:

Optimus looked up as a sleek looking Autobot walked up to him. "Are you the rest of the flyers?"

Tracks shrugged. "I hope not. I'm not designed to fly that fast."

Optimus smiled. "For this mission, speed would be good, but accuracy will be far better. We have to search all the spaceports to find a ship big enough to evacuate all of the survivors of Cybertron."

Tracks sighed. "I really hope there are more flyers coming......."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar, Nemesis

"It's Ramjet, ya goof!" Ramjet brushed away Knock Out's attention. "And we ain't here ta get fixed up. Not like you could do anything for me anyways..."

He glanced around at the busy room, making sure nobody important was listening, then shrugged. "We're here to make sure that you didn't getcherself slagged mouthin' off to one of the big bosses."

He didn't mention that Team Science's "friends" tended to find themselves becoming unwilling science experiments more often than not. Lets let him figger that one out fer himself...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Temporary Medbay, War Academy:

Med techs had worked on him for a while, not that he noticed it.

But at some point, his subconscious noted that the pain was gone. It didn't feel like every fiber of his being was behind shredded through an electro-grater.

And so Windcharger slept, his battered body finally relaxed, his systems bathed in the nurturing glow of medical technology.

---------------------

After some begging and pleading, Hot Rod managed to finally get Grimlock to let go of Nightbeat, and then spent a few minutes half rolling- half dragging the unconscious Autobot detective over to the waiting medical personnel.

A diminutive Autobot, standing half again as tall as Nighbeat's roofline, walked up to them. "He hasn't been bit, has he?"

Hot Rod blinked. "Bit? No. Why?"

"Just making sure. We had a few survivors turn after being bitten. Truth be told, savaged is probably a better description. So what happened to him?"

"He linked a cyclone cannon into his systems to get us out of a building. Something in it overloaded, and it started affecting him on our way here."

"Idiot deserves what he got. Linking a cyclone cannon into his main power systems when he's not designed to handle one." The little Autobot popped Nigtbeat's hood and started checking his engine. "I fix his engine, we get some fresh Energon into him, he'll be fine."

"Well, at least that's something good to come out of this. I'm Hot Rod."

The little Autobot was already muttering to himself as he worked on Nigtbeat's engine. "Name's Fixit. Now get the flark away from me while I'm working!"
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Geosynchronous Orbit over Polyhex:

By the Primal Essence, what has he done?

The stately palace of Darkmount - Destroyed.

The Smelting Pools - Filled with half melted remains of criminals, cold slag, and half melted Dark Energon zombies.

The neatest, most law-abiding city-state on the entire planet of Cybertron - Destroyed by a mad dream for power.

Straxus stared down from the starship's bridge, the computers enhancing the image of the place that he'd forged with highs own two hands - now nothing but a gutted ruin.

This was Megatron's fault. And Megatron would pay. Straxus' hands clenched involuntarily around the haft of his energo-axe as he thought of how Megatron would pay.

Straxus turned from the view of his torment. "Is the ship ready?"

One of his personal guards nodded. "Yes, Lord. We await your command. Our ETA at military research colony Mechabreast-"

Straxus' optics widened, then narrowed. "Mecha-"

"Yes, Lord. We don't know why it's listed that way, but it will serve your needs."

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Medbay, Nemesis

Dirge's mood soured by how well Knock Out was doing for himself in the short span of their absence, the seeker retreated from the medbay without another word. The last thing he wanted to do was sit around at the back of the line and listen to the doc gloat while he eventually got around to them. They could come back when the medbay had emptied out, and they'd have more opportunity to torture him...

Dirge glowered out in the hall, waiting for Ramjet to catch up to him. "Know if we got any quarters in this bucket?"

War Academy

The swarming throngs of undead mechs had slowed, the supply of corpses in the immediate area having been effectively disassembled by all the autobots in the area. It gave Yoketron a few moments to meditate briefly, using his senses to take stock of the situation. What he felt, and his memory of the words of the Keeper, left him quite sterile as he went to the young mech that was now their leader.

"Optimus. We should not linger here long," The elder Temple Knight told him. "Cybertron is lost to us. I feel the poison of the Dark Energon spreading across the entire surface. Megatron has dumped more than enough just here to damage the entire surface. In time the effects will fade, but we will not be able to weather it." Despite his best efforts, the deep frown still managed to creep onto his face. "We must leave, or be consumed by the spreading darkness."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy:

Optimus looked up from the holo map he was examining with Tracks and the other flyers that had joined him. "That is what we are planning, Yoketron. Unfortunately, we currently lack a ship large enough to carry all the survivors here, much less all the survivors on planet."

Tracks frowned at the map for a moment. "I wonder......"

Optimus looked over at the smaller Autobot. "Yes?"

"I wonder if we might find anything at the shipyards at Nova Chronum. They were shut down due to riots a while ago."

Optimus looked at the map. "It sounds like a good a place as any to start. Tracks, you're with me. The rest of you, pair up and check the other locations we've marked on the map. Good luck to us all."

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy:

"Now, this is going to hurt-"

"SHEEEEAAAAAUGH!!!!!"

"- a lot. But it should have you unstuck. Your internal repair systems should be able to handle the rest of it." Fixit slammed Nightbeat's hood shut.

With a weary groan, the Digital Detective transformed back to robot mode. He then hauled the damaged cyclone cannon out of subspace. "Think you can fix this?"

Fixit shrugged. "Even if I could, I'm not going to. You're not physically designed to use one." He waved his hands around, taking in the savaged terrain. "The first thing you'd need to do is get a complete rebuild, and unless you've got a gateway to an amazing hidden realm that's full of Cybertronian tech, it's not likely to happen for a long time."

With a shrug, Nightbeat subspaced the weapon again. "Just asking a simple question."

Hot Rod clapped Nightbeat on the shoulder. "I was beginning to worry about you."

"It'll take more....... than....." Nightbeat trailed off, staring into the distance. Then he took off at a run, pulling his plasma blaster from subspace. "C'mon, kid. Those two need out help!"

------------------

They'd been running for hours. It felt like days. Orns. In both robot and vehicle modes, they'd been running for their lives.

They were running out of energy.

They were running out of time.

But they weren't out of luck.

The larger of the two, a big, red, bulky bruiser type, staggered to vehicle mode, while the smaller of the two collapsed on top of him, yelling "THEY'RE STILL COMING!!"

"I know!" He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do about it. He was so low on Energon, he was about to collapse into stasis lock. Maybe he should just stop. True, being in stasis lock would mean he wouldn't feel it when the zombies ate him, but he'd hate to let his buddy die alone.

Then he heard something..........

-----------

He loved flying. The wind streaming past him, looking down on the ground below.... Well, okay, the blasted and tortured landscape wasn't much to look at.

But Optimus had to admit it to himself. This was the most fun he'd ever had.

Up until he saw the two failing to stay far ahead of a large group of shambling Dark Energon spawned nightmares. He swooped down, one of his chain guns snapping into his hand, and pulled the trigger, the gun roaring, barrels spinning, spewing destructive energies at the zombies, mowing down the first three lines.

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

War Academy

"I will remain in your company," Yoketron would tell Optimus. It wasn't an order or an advisement, more like just a simple statement which he did not elaborate on. He was after all a Temple Knight, and Optimus a new Matrix barer - it was unlikely anyone, even the new prime himself, could convince him otherwise until he was sure Optimus had a handle on his new abilities.

"I'll stay here with the medics in case we get anymore unwanted visitors," Terabolt offered. "Give a signal when you've got us a ride and I'll get them there safely."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hangar, Nemesis

"Apparently we're leavin' now," Ramjet shrugged as Dirge stormed out. "Later, doc!"

Following his fellow Seeker out the door, he answered his question with another shrug. "Well, I do. You, on the other hand, only got signed up about two minutes ago. So you're probably hobo-ing for a while 'till they get around to pushin' all the papers they'd need to assign you one."

He headed off down the hall, adding, "'Course, my old roomie got himself slagged down in Iacon, so..."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hangar, Nemesis

If Ramjet had made that suggestion a couple of days ago Dirge would have flat out declined him, but in the period of time he'd been spending with the other seeker he'd really started to grow on him. Sure he was weird, but no more than any of the other creeps he'd worked with that Deathsaurus had hired. And he had little else available to him right now.

"Eh, why not? Lead the way, roomie."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Approaching the War Academy:

As the first three lines of Dark Energon monstrosities exploded under the aerial onslaught, the smaller of the two Autobots just watched in stunned silence.

The larger, upon whom the smaller lay, sputtered to a halt. "I think.... This is it......" He trailed off, transforming back to robot mode, his exhausted systems no longer able to keep him in vehicle mode. His reward was to have the smaller Autobot land on top of him.

"I..... I think we're saved......" He watched Optimus soar past overhead, chain gun blazing away at the horde. He let his head drop back, chuckling wearily. "We're gonna make it!"

The larger's reply was lost between the sounds of gunfire, explosions, and the fact that he was face down on the ground.

---------

Nightbeat and Hot Rod ran towards the two fallen Autobots.

"I thought the goal was to not risk our lives!"

Nightbeat shrugged. "The goal is to survive. And be able to live with yourself afterwards."

They got to the odd pair, Nightbeat grabbing the smaller of the two, while Hot Rod levered the larger of the two to his feet, then they started half dragging, half carrying them back to the city.

Nightbeat scowled at the Autobot he was dragging. "Who are you guys? Where are you from?"

"I'm Siren! The other guy is Hosehead!", the blue and grey Autobot yelled into Nightbeat's right audio receptor.

Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

War Academy

Brainstorm was working Furiously in a room he had converted into a lab so he could find a way to stop the growing threat ofDark Energon Zombies, completely unware that Optimus Prime Was resolving the problem himself. "Emotional attack? no' Mental? no. How about a mini black hole? Could work but I,d get yelled at for wasting resources on a hyper lethal weapon that could go awry." he sighed as he kept sketching and planning, already a half dozen half made than abandoned weapons scatttered about prototypes and distractions made by him.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ratchet could only stare in disbelief at the soldier who had rushed to inform the Med Bay of the success of the mission Optimus had undertaken. "Thank Primus" the medic grumbled as he slowly returned to the wounded.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Makeshift grunted ashis body morphed and changed to emulate the green and yellow scout he had just offlined so he could quickly bein his espionage activities on the Autobots, repoting back troop stregnths and any bots of interest to his handler and eventuallyto Megatron he hoped. his now smaller foot falls were quick to slip into the academy, a grin on his face as heturned on his hidden trnsponder to start transmitting he had succeededwith the inital infiltration of the building.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Med Bay, Nemesis .

Nickle hustled her tiny feet to report for duty in the MEd bay, her small size making the trip from her quarters to the med bay a rather long one as she used her repulsors to float up and hit the switch, and dropped down, strolling into the Med Bay "Well this is nice, do I get this big ol room all to myself?" the little femcon asked aloud.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Nemesis

Lugnut stepped out of the lift car and took up a position where he could see everything that was going on the the room before crossing his arms and glaring balefully at everyone in the room who wasn't Megatron (sometimes having five eyes was really handy).

Predacon, meanwhile, strode confidently to his brother's side and joined him in staring at the ruined husk of Cybertron that dominated the viewscreen.

"Looks like we won."

"Not yet." Megatron gave him a sidelong glance. "Our agent in the global communications infrastructure tells me that there is a new Prime. This won't be over until he lies dead at my feet and his Matrix is in one of your labs being dissected and weaponized."

"Hmmm," Predacon nodded. "I can't say that I wouldn't like that," he admitted. "But really...don't you think that you've taken things a little too far?"

"No," his brother replied, "I don't think I've taken it far enough."

"But what's the point in conquering a world that's been all but obliterated?"

"It was never about conquest," Megatron told him bluntly. "That was just a means to an end."

"Then what was it about?"

"The one thing that our people have so desperately needed," Megatron responded, a bit too zealously for Predacon's tastes. "A new beginning. The Cybertronian race is tougher than we realize. We can take far worse than this and rebuild. And I'd pay this price in lives ten times over if it means tearing down the Primes and their corrupt, archaic regime." His eyes narrowed. "Don't tell me you're getting cold feet now, brother. It's a bit late for that."

"I didn't sign up for your revolution, Megatron, and I certainly didn't sign up to be part of some ideological purge. I signed up because you promised me the chance to do the kinds of research that Iacon's ethics watchdogs would never allow. As long as you keep the science funding coming, I'll have your back. But turning our entire world to ash does rather limit my research opportunities."

"Does it?" Megatron gestured to the viewscreen. "I prefer to think of it not as losing a world, but gaining an entire universe. Without the Primes to dictate to you, who knows what new abominations you'll discover?"

"There is that, I suppose," Predacon said with a shrug. "Only time will tell."

Hallway, Nemesis

Ramjet led the way down the hall. "Just promise me you won't leave your used oil all over the place," he told Dirge. "My old roommate was disgusting, and comin' from me that says lots. If he hadn't gotten himself slagged, I'da had to do it myself."

Cybertron orbit

If anyone in Iacon had been looking at the sky, they would have seen a massive cylinder with a pointed cone on one end and a flaming rocket on the other arrowing across the sky. The flames died out, though, as the ship arrived in Iaconian orbital space. Only the oldest among them would have recognized the ship's silhouette as an ancient Omega Sentinel, and those who did not would have been forgiven in wondering if the Decepticons had returned to finish the job they'd started.

But their fears would be quickly allayed as the ancient warship's dated-but-powerful communications array blanketed the city with an all-bands signal.

"This is communications officer Skyblast aboard Omega Supreme, calling any survivors in Iacon. We are prepared to accept refugees. Do you read me?"
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

War Academy

Brainstorm came charging down the hall way like Unicron himself was on his heels, his brand new instant cranium eraser gun thrown over his shoulder as he leapt outside "Stand back! i have a new gun...." he trailed off as he saw Optimus had effectively wiped out the problem "Scrap" he muttered disappointed he hadn't gotten to try his new toy.

He was promptly cuffed by Ratchet for the stupid remark "Shut it you glitch" he huffed as he looked up and gasped "A... Sentinel... I thought they were gone" the old medic murmered as he smiled "Looks like lucks on our side"

Makeshift paused as the mass Communication alert went out than grinned as he started forwarding it to the Nemesis bridge so Megatron would be alerted to the now currently unfolding events. "Figures the bpts get a lucky break." he muttered
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy:

Ironhide walked outside, the H.U.D. displayed on the display screen before his face transparent enough that he could still walk without running into anything.

What it didn't help with was the strain on his optics. Thousands upon thousands of targets. And he could see every one of them. Well, not literally, but the number of red dots was truly staggering. He flipped open the panel on his left arm and tapped a few controls. The feed image shrunk down, sliding down to the bottom left corner of the display, set to enlarge and alert him if the hordes encroached too close.

--------------

"Really! Thanks for saving us!"

Nightbeat winced. "You're from the Sonic Canyons, aren't you?"

"Yeah! How did you know?!"

Nightbeat half dragged, half dropped Siren near the area the medics had set up. "Because you've been trying to deafen me since I picked you up. Generally only Cybertronians from there, or are miners and have had their audio receptors damaged are as loud as you are. As you're too small to be a miner and too loud to be from one of the regular city-states, the Sonic Canyons are the only place you could be from."

Siren gaped. "How-?"

"Also, your accent."

"Wow! What do you do?"

Nightbeat smirked. "I'm a detective. You and Hosehead are rescue units."

Hot Rod dropped the semi-conscious Hosehead next to Siren. "How can you tell that?"

"Hosehead's got a foam cannon on his back, and the badging on Siren's arms is a dead giveaway."

Hot Rod looked down at Siren, noting the badging. "Hunh. I didn't even notice that."

With a shrug, Nightbeat just looked around. "It's what I do. It's also what got me bounced out of accounting class."

------------------

Optimus pivoted in the air, hovering well above the hordes. He called out to Tracks. "Tracks, head to the shipyard. I'll catch up with you."

As Tracks angled off, kicking his engines up to full, Optimus activated his commlink. "Skyblast, this is Optimus Prime. We do have survivors. How many can you take on board?"

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Hallway, Nemesis

"Eh, no worries on that. Deathsarus trained all of us to be neat and tidy; thought it looked bad upon him if we weren't all shiny from head to toe," Dirge mused as he and Ramjet walked. "Course the rep as working for a crime boss makes it hard to get into any of the classy neighborhoods, so I wound up with a back-street apartment. Wherever they got you quartered is probably better than my old place."

Shuttle, Soundwave Facility

Raiku was only minimally responsive in his trauma-induced spaced-out state, cooperating but only with prompting from Hound or the others. Once they reached the shuttle, Hound immediately guided him onboard, strapped him into a seat, then joined their pilot to scan for survivors.

Approaching Spaceport, War Academy

Yoketron followed as closely as he could to the flying Optimus, pausing every so often to deal with any straggling Terrorcons they came across. they needed to keep the area clear for when they evaced the remaining survivors.

Medbay, War Academy

The shambling dark energon zombies had started to thin dramatically, either having been destroyed or limping off after Optimus's group as it had left. With things under control enough for the marksmen to handle things, Terabolt retreated to the main building, going in to check on the medics and the refugees. In particular she wanted to check on Ratchet who had been helping them fight, but then hadn't returned after going back inside for a while.

"Hey doc, you still kicking?" she called out, still keeping alert in case his absence had meant something had managed to get past them and into the building...
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Medbay, Nemesis

Nickel started whistling as she worked on recataloging the tools so as to fit her description of a good work place, humming and old Prion tune as she worked at a quick pace, her spritely form moving around quickly

War Academy , Front Door

Ratchet waved off Terabolt as he walked back in "Don't spring a leak I'm fine" he grumbled "Even if anything got this close I'd be fine." he said a tad insulted by her insinuation that a walking corpse would offline him.

Brainstorm chuckled before turning and shouldering his new weapon, locking onto as many corpses as he could with it, locking onto as many heads as possible before firing and suddenly all the corpses he had locked onto were suddenly headless, the heads not blown away or cut off, just gone, as if subspaced away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Front Door, Medbay, War Acadamy

"Yeah yeah, I saw you earlier," Terabolt answered to Ratchet's retort. "Your tools are still meant for fixing injuries. Mine are meant for inflicting them," she reminded.

She watched briefly as Brainstorm made use of his unconventional weapon, giving a brief nod before turning back to Ratchet.

"Optimus and some of the others headed off to try and secure us an evac shuttle or two at the spaceport, if the shamblers haven't destroyed them all. We need everyone left in here ready to move out as soon as they give us the word," Terabolt reported.

Medbay, Nemesis

Knock Out would look up briefly, taking note of the new form in the medbay. She didn't look like a patient, and with her starting to get into the supplies, one thing immediately popped into his head as he went over to investigate Nickel.

"Hello there, are you one of the new assistance Predacon mentioned getting for me? My he does work quick, my compliments to him."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Shuttle, Soundwave Facility:

Roadbuster boarded the shuttle without a word, his emerald optic band narrowed in anger.

The anger fueled him, because the rest of his being felt suddenly very weary, some inner part of him realizing that he really had nothing left to live for. His home was gone. His friends were gone. Everything he knew was gone.

His whole world was gone.

All he had left was his anger, his burning desire for revenge, and a silent promise that he would not die until he had brutally killed every single Decepticon, either with his own two hands or his weapons.

He sat in one of the seats and pulled out a datapadd, calling up the redesign he'd been contemplating........

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Bridge, Nemesis

One of the bridge crew -- Megatron didn't bother to learn their names, since they were all basically fodder anyway -- looked up from his station.

"My lord, we're receiving a communique from the surface, in Iacon." The minion frowned. "It's from...I'm not entirely sure who it's from, actually. He's using an identification code that I'm not familiar with."

Megatron resisted the urge to stride over and physically menace the other Transformer. "Can you at least tell what it says?"

"Yes, sir. It's a forwarded Autobot signal. Apparently an Omega Sentinel -- presumably the one that Skyquake was sent to intercept -- has arrived in orbit and made contact with some survivors on the surface."

Megatron scowled. "Play it."

"This was the original signal," the communications officer said.

"This is communications officer Skyblast aboard Omega Supreme, calling any survivors in Iacon. We are prepared to accept refugees. Do you read me?"

"And this was the reply."

"Skyblast, this is Optimus Prime. We do have survivors. How many can you take on board?"

Predacon saw his brother's shoulders tighten with rage and moved in his direction with some concern.

"Optimus," Megatron growled. "Optimus Prime."

"Some whelp who stumbled on the Matrix wherever Sentinel hid it, surely," Predacon reassured him. "Nothing to be truly concerned about."

"The symbol is what matters, not the mech behind it," Megatron said, forcing himself to regain control. "What he represents needs to die. Who he is -- who he was before the Matrix claimed him -- doesn't matter."

"Be that as it may," a flat voice intoned from the bridge's rear entrance, "we know precisely who he was."

Lugnut jumped slightly, surprised by the new arrival.

Some bodyguard, Predacon thought dryly, though he hadn't detected the newcomer either. And it was small surprise -- the new arrival was a strange, hovering mass of shifting triangular panels floating several feet off of the deck plating. It was only after looking at him for a few moments that Predacon realized that one of those triangular bits was, in fact, a head. The scientist wasn't quite sure what to make of the odd creature.

Megatron, however, seemed to be expecting him. "Ah, Soundwave. How wonderful to finally meet you in person. Welcome to the Nemesis."

Soundwave merely stared blankly back, completely indifferent to the social niceties. But then, he would be.

"You have some information on this supposed Prime?" Predacon prompted him.

"Indeed." Soundwave's angular, spike-topped face turned towards a nearby display, which immediately came to life and displayed the image of a red and blue Autobot alongside a military service record -- a very brief one, Predacon noted.

"Orion Pax," Megatron said, his scowl growing deeper. "I'm familiar with this one. He was one of Zeta's bodyguards. One of the ones who so thoroughly failed to protect his life when he came to Kaon."

"Huh! Some bodyguard then!" Lugnut piped in. "He'll be no threat!"

"Maybe. Maybe not. But I don't plan to give him the chance to grow into one." Megatron looked up to the helm. "Get us into attack position."

"Sir, our orbit has taken us to the other side of the planet. It will be quite some time before we can get back to Iacon."

"How long is 'some time'?"

"About twenty minutes, sir."

"Plenty of time," Predacon told him. "There's no way they'll be able to load their evacuees onto the Sentinel before we get there."

"Never underestimate a Prime," Megatron responded. "Never underestimate a Prime."

Hallway, Nemesis

Ramjet shrugged. "It beats the stuffin' out of the old barracks I lived in when I was in the Kaon army b'fore Megs took over the joint, anyway. I'll take two to a room with private recharge booths and closets over a thirty-person hall any day." He ran his hand across the room's access panel, opening up their room.

"How'd you wind up working for a gangster, anyway?" he asked Dirge. "Most of us seekers went straight from protoform to militia without any say in it."

Cybertron orbit

Skyblast's reply was tinged with confusion. "Optimus Prime? Sir, not to be disrespectful, but...Sentinel is the Prime."

Signal Flare, who was manning Omega Supreme's command hub along with Skyblast, Offshoot, Strongarm and (for some reason) the psychiatrist Smokescreen, shot his counterpart a glare. "Sentinel was the Prime. Have you looked at the planet lately? Or the sensor readings? 92% of the population is dead. Sentinel's probably one of them."

"That doesn't mean that we should just accept this...pretender's claims without proof," Strongarm cut him off. "He wouldn't be the first false Prime to rise up in times of strife."

"Spoken like a true security goon. Paranoid and suspicious to the core." Signal Flare took a step closer to his fellow Omnicon.

"You're both idiots, Offshoot countered. "Who cares who he is? Nobody else is answering the call."

"Uh, guys...open channel." Skyblast shook his head in embarrassment.

"So what, the Antiprime knows that we're onto him?" Strongarm asked.

At that point, Smokescreen thankfully interjected. "I'm no soldier," he said to preface his statement, "but one of my brothers is. Or maybe 'was', by now. But if Prowl were here, I'm sure he'd tell you that you're right to be suspicious. We have no idea what happened on Cybertron after the communications went out. But we also need to be practical. Right now it doesn't matter who answered the call or what title they're claiming. If they can get the survivors up here in relative safety, then right now they're our ally. And when your commander gets here, I'm sure she'll agree. So if I may..."

Smokescreen moved towards the communications station, and nobody moved to obstruct him.

"Optimus, my name is Dr. Smokescreen. Omega Supreme has asked me to be his...spokesperson, so to speak. We can take on as many evacuees as you can send us, but it's starting to get cramped up here. Omega is a military transport, not a cruise liner. Most of the people we've taken aboard have already been put into stasis, and if you're planning to stay up here for long, most of the people you send up will have to be as well."

Skyblast nodded agreeably, but interjected. "There's another problem, sir. Since this ship...person...whatever wasn't in active service, he wasn't equipped the way a vessel of his size normally would be. We only have a handful of shuttlecraft aboard. We can ferry your survivors onboard, but it'll take some time. I don't know how many people will actually listen in a situation like this, but if you can commandeer any other shuttles to help it would speed things along quite a bit."

With Hound scanning for survivors, Red Alert was keeping his eyes peeled for potential threats. But all he saw as far as his keen eyes could see was debris -- ruined starships, obliterated space stations, blasted orbital habitats. The scale of the destruction was almost too much to comprehend. He'd learned in his boot-up classes about just how destructive modern warfare could be, of course, right before they'd gone into the "only the Prime and Senate" can possibly preserve the peace" propaganda. But to destroy an entire populated solar system in only a few days' time...it was baffling. What kind of suicidal hatred must be driving these Decepticons, to so utterly destroy their own homes purely to spite the Autobot government? He didn't think he'd ever be able to understand that, and he was glad for it.

"Clear skies, so to speak," he reported. "What about on the ground?"