[New RPG] World at War: The Siege of Iacon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Nemesis

Onslaught plodded along the hallways lost in the datapads full of troop counts, readiness reports, and a list of what they had as options for their attacks. Honestly though part of him was absolutely reveling in the chance to become a major part if tactical organization until Obsidian recovered or Megatron chose a new one. Another part felt overwhelmed and unsure if maybe he could even attempt to replace the old general, even in a temporary capacity.

He found himself in the hallway to the medbay on his way tobthe bridge and he paused. Maybe seeing his old teacher may help, or maybe seeing him comatose would only reinforce his insecurities at the moment.

"Damn my indecisiveness!" he yelled slamming a casualty report pad and shattering it against the wall.

Medbay

Nickle took a deep breath abd calmed herself as she felt relieved that Obsidian hadn't been venting directly at her. Worries lf a young inexperienced spark some may call them, but she had them.

"He's on the bridge general" she said sending him a digital copy lf the ships layout she had saved "Abd if there's any issues simply return and we'll be glad to assist you" she said with a rare case of impeccable berth side manner, but she was feeling good so an outburst wasn't nessecary.

Evac area, War academy

Ratchet let out a tired sigh as he had hooked up those he could to the shuttles with any sort of life support or medical facility, the medic felt so tired right now, between this war and the essential death of cybertron, he wanted to just lay down and surrender to stasis lock for a bit...

But then he stood and smacked his face plates

'Wake up Ratchet' he thought

'Your a medic and your not resting until all your patients are safe and healed, by the thirtee. You will not rest at all til then!'

Makeshift let out a delighted exhale as he sent his sign off signal a d resumed his cover, wishing he had thought to grab some explosives before he left, but he had been ordered to perform espionage, not sabotage, and he would follow that mission to the letter. Though he paused and decided to check now, sending a mission query over whether he had additional objectives or if he was to remain undercover and undetected.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Medbay, Nemesis

“So he is on this ship after all.” Obsidian said, nodding as the mental data transmission entered his head. The Nemesis, the ship’s name read on the title of the file. What an utterly self-aggrandizing name. Whose ‘nemesis’ was this ship – this fleet – supposed to be? Iacon’s? Cybertron’s? “No, I do believe I will not be seeing this medbay, whatever fate my meeting with Megatron may give me. Carry on, good doctors.”

Obsidian gave Nickel and Knock Out a nod, before starting to hover quickly towards the exit of the medbay.

No sooner than Obsidian exited the medbay he saw an unexpected but welcome face. Onslaught, who was shouting and throwing a datapad towards the wall. “What is this, now?” Obsidian asked, frowning. The young soldier had talent, yes, and judging by the datapads he was carrying he was either responsible for way lots more than a bunch of ground troopers he had been when Obsidian last left him… or degraded into a datapad office boy. Obsidian highly doubted it was the latter.

He frowned. Did Onslaught see the same things he did. No, Obsidian doubted that. Just like Prowl, just like Mach Alert, just like the many subordinates he had over the years, Onslaught had never been as much a fanatic of Cybertron’s safety as Obsidian was. But maybe he’s seen this as taking things too far as well?

“I do think that throwing tantrums are for lesser mechs than you, Onslaught.” Obsidian said. “What bothers you?”

War Academy

“Yes, the giant… well, not technically just a starship. A Transformer.” Prowl replied to Red Alert, nodding. This he can work with, he told himself, as he downloaded a transcript of all the events that had happened since the zombie invasion. He didn’t think he was quite ready enough to barge in on Optimus Prime’s little leadership party yet when he doesn’t have all the pieces. He needed to know everything. And he will know everything.

“Great job, Red Alert. Yes, it might not seem useful at the moment, but whatever the case, you have denied the Decepticons an extremely significant resource.” Prowl sighed as he espied Red Alert’s shuttle landing, and moved towards it. “Yes, I do believe we are evacuating into Omega Supreme. Megatron has a fleet – it won’t be long until it finishes its turn around and finishes the job it began.”

Prowl switched comm lines to Smokescreen as he transformed into vehicle mode – internally wincing at the paint as his damaged rear- wings folded out – and shot through the terrain towards Red Alert’s shuttle. “I am okay.” Prowl replied to Smokescreen. “And my severe lack of skill at joking is why I don’t normally make them.”

Good, Prowl realized when Smokescreen told him about Omega rescuing the crew of several space stations. Less people that died on our watch. And he’s willing – and has – fought several Decepticon warships. That was even better. Though Prowl wasn’t exactly sure of using a ship carrying several hundred refugees as a giant stick to whack the enemy with, Omega Sentinel or not.

“As much as I would love the strategic advantage of having an Omega Sentinel fighting for our side, Smokescreen, I do agree with your assessment on the situation. Protecting the civilians is our main priority as well. Omega Supreme is a lifesaver enough by simply willing to store us on board.”

For now, at least. While our goal is survival. We’ll need him as that stick, sooner or later. Prowl thought darkly to himself, and felt a twinge of loathing at himself for thinking that.

“Damn.” Prowl sighed when Smokescreen told him that nowhere on the planet was safe. He suspected as much – he had done the mental calculations when they still had a War Room and a War Academy and an Iacon. “Megatron happened, Smokescreen. He – he had everything we didn’t. Horrific monstrosities, biological weapons, far more weapons than we could have dealt with…”

Prowl sighed. “We lost.” He said it out, and it felt a lot easier saying it than what he felt before. Maybe it’s because of the effects of Optimus Prime, maybe it’s the giddiness of the analgesics that the medics no doubt shot him up with, or maybe it’s just Smokescreen’s innate skill at getting his patients to come face-to-face with their problems.

Speaking of Optimus Prime…

“He’s the new Prime. He took the Matrix after Megatron slaughtered Sentinel. Try, uh, not to arrest him. He’s important. He’s performing wonderfully under the massive burden and, well, un-ideal situation. You would like him.” He inspires people with hope, Prowl wanted to say, but there’s a limit to how much he’ll embarrass himself in front of even his brother.

Prowl’s sirens flared up as he passed a group of confused civilians, signaling them to follow as he shot towards Red Alert’s ship.

Bridge, Nemesis

Something wrong?

Sixshot frowned. Is there? Sixshot’s arm reached down towards his hypersonic concussion cannons and gripped the trigger. Is Lugnut telling him that there is a nearby threat?

Ah.

Figure of speech.

Phrase.

Sixshot pulled his hands away from his weapon. “No. I was searching for someone.” He replied to Lugnut. He paused, and added, “I apologize for…. that. I thought you meant there was a threat nearby.”

“Ah, so this is the ‘Soundwave’ system everyone is talking about. Absolutely pleased to meet you. You’re smaller than I thought.” Scorponok said, biting back the ‘also, you look like modern art’ comment. He knew just how powerful Soundwave really was – and even if they’re in a brand new world now, information is power and Soundwave had access to everything. “I was just unfamiliar with how he looked.” He explained himself to Predacon.

Scorponok then turned to Megatron when the Decepticon leader addressed him. “Dissecting a body that’s been called by the so-called Matrix… that would be interesting, indeed.” Scorponok smiled. “You spoil us, leader. Though how can we refuse an offer like that?” He frowned and folded his arms. “What next, though? All the Autobots dead, the Prime dynasty staunched… what do we do then?”
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

War Academy

"That's a Transformer?" Red Alert looked up through the shuttle windshield, frowning. "I don't even want to know how that's possible."

He shook his head. "Doesn't really matter, does it? If it's safe, then that's where we'll go. Just get over here and get us loaded up, and we'll be off."

Omega Supreme

Smokescreen's expression went blank. "I'm not even going to try and process that right now," he admitted to Prowl. "Maybe one day. But for now it's just too much."

When the other Autobot passed along the information about Prime, he tried to focus himself again. "Yeah. I'll, uh, pass that along."

He quickened his pace so that he could catch up with Strongarm. "You hear that? Commander Prowl says that this 'Optimus' is legitimate. We shouldn't get in his way."

"Well, if he's legitimate, then he won't mind answering a few questions, now will he?"

"If you say so."

Then Smokescreen sent another message to Prowl, this one on mute so that the Omnicon wouldn't hear. "You might want to see about finding us an experienced chief of security when you get aboard."

Bridge, Nemesis

"No, no threats. Sorry." Lugnut frowned, a bit put off by Sixshot's reaction. But at the same time, the other Decepticon seemed to be genuinely upset "Who are you trying to find, exactly? I might be able to help."

Soundwave just stared at Scorponok, not responding.

"He's not much for idle conversation," Predacon told his partner in crime, "but he's the best at what he does." He glanced over at Soundwave and added, "Perhaps we can collaborate on some new intelligence-gathering technologies once the current disaster is over."

Soundwave's head tilted slightly to one side. "Perhaps."

Megatron smiled and said, "I honestly have no idea, Scorponok. Tearing down the tyranny of the Primes is an objective that I'm well suited for. Once the last Prime is dead and the Matrix is safely in our hands, I very much doubt that I'll be the best choice to chart our course afterwards. I strongly suspect that the next phase of leadership will fall to Decepticons such as yourself, with more experience in civil matters.

"Though I would venture that our first act should probably be to find a new, resource-rich world to do our building on."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy

"So, you think you can fix it?"

Nightbeat looked at the toolkit that Hot Rod had scrounged up. "Maybe? This isn't like repairing my plasma blaster." He smirked. "That being said, the last time I tried repairing my plasma blaster, I blew my hand off when I test fired it."

Hot Rod winced. "Remind me not to let you work on my arm cannons."

Training Room, Nemesis:

Bludgeon's hand clenched, the electrical charge around it building as he kept his optics on Jetstream. "You should have finished your training. But they probably wouldn't have taught you everything." Extending his fist, his hand snapping open, electricity arcing from Bludgeon's fingers, lancing towards Jetstorm.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Shuttle

"That's an Omega Sentinel." Prowl replied to Red Alert. "There used to be an army back during the ages of Nova Prime, back during the Age of Expansion. He's the last of them now." Which is both a blessing and a curse, Prowl reflected to himself. Bad because we only have one of them, but good because the enemy can't possibly command an army of Omega Sentinels.

"But I assure you it is safe, Red Alert. It's possbily the only safe place left on Cybertron." Prowl replied as he transformed and got into open ramp of the shuttle. He made his way to the cockpit and gave Red Alert a nod. "Here I am."

He switched channels to Smokescreen, and said, "Yeah, don't... don't think too much about it. We're safe for the moment, though there's still the Decepticon terrorists to think about." Is terrorist still even the right term? Invaders, perhaps? Or conquerors? Glancing at Red Alert, Prowl thought for a bit before replying again. "As for that chief of security... I do have someone in mind."

Bridge, Nemesis

"Brick and Hammer. My Vehicon brethren." Sixshot replied to Lugnut. "They fought alongside me during Iacon, but I lost sight of them."

Scorponok shrugged at Predacon, turning his attention away from Soundwave. "So long as he does his job, I suppose."

The former Senator looked up to Megatron[b/] and shrugged. "If not you, Megatron, who? If I may... these people, our people, they respect strength. As much as it kills me inside not to just accept an offer of power, all due respect -- none of us here command the same amount of fear or reverence that you do."

"Say you make people like me or Straxus or Shockwave into leaders. We'll quickly delve back into the comfortable mould of the people wanting everyone's voice to be heard, everyone trying to make concessions for the opinions of others... we'll delve back to the days of the Senate where we will stagnate and curdle as a species." Scorponok waved a claw at the ruined vista of Cybertron outside the window. "I admit I'm not as much a visionary as you are, Megatron, but I know this much is true -- none of us are. Experience in civil matters we may have, but we are not leaders."

"No, we need someone to rise from the ashes of this destruction. We need someone to symbolize the rebirth of us as a race. We need an... an emperor. An Emperor of Destruction, if you will. Someone who will be respected. Someone whose word is absolute. Someone who has the progress of our race at heart." Scorponok tilted his head. "And I'm afraid no one in this warship qualifies at all bar you."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy:

The voice was a very annoyed one. "Name?"

Siren looked around as he stood in the entry hatch of one of the rescue shuttle. "Who said that?"

"Geez, quit with the yellin' already! Just gimme yer name, yer function, an' if ya want ta be in....." There was a brief sound of fingertips scraping across a data screen. "... storage or baggage. Ain't much of a difference, really. Used ta be a cargo shuttle."

A now very confused Siren looked around. Aside from Hosehead looming in the doorway behind him and the back of whoever had boarded before him, there was no sign of the speaker.

"Yer lookin' in the wrong spot. Down here."

Siren looked down and saw a small bronze and grey robot glaring up at him. "Are those...."

The small robot scowled, sounding as if he'd recounted the same story far more times than he'd wanted to remember. "Feet. I used ta be in a survey unit. I picked a creature da locals called a rovi. It's a pretty handy alt mode for what my main function is."

"What's that?"

"I'm a spy. But since the zombie hordes ain't really worth spyin' on, I got pressed into doin' this. Now what's yer name?"

"Siren."

"Sheesh. I would'a guessed Bullhorn."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

War Academy

"Sounds suspiciously convenient," Red Alert told Prowl as the other Autobot rolled up and into the shuttle. He gave up his seat in the front row to the senior Autobot, then continued. "How do we know that this Omega Supreme is actually on our side? This could be a ploy to lure us all to a supposed safe haven for quick extermination. Obviously we don't have much choice but to take shelter there, but I would recommend extreme vigilance once we arrive."

It didn't take the small ship long to fill up with refugees, and they were in the air again with a full load before Red finished speaking.

Omega Supreme

"Unfortunately, thinking about things like this is my job," Smokescreen reminded Prowl. "Or helping others think about them is, anyway. I'm going to have to deal with it if I'm going to have any hope of helping the rest of them."

He said "the rest of them" and not "the rest of you", knowing full well that Prowl would never accept his professional help even on the rare occasions when he needed it.

"I look forward to meeting your new chief," he said casually. "I suspect he and I will need to work together pretty closely to deal with refugees who...well, who can't deal with all of this."

Bridge, Nemesis

"I haven't heard of them, to be honest. But there are so many Vehicons..."

Lugnut glanced nervously around the bridge before returning his gaze to Sixshot.

"You know what? I think Mighty Megatron is safe enough with your creators at his side for protection, and I don't really have any other duties up here. If you'd like, I could help you find them."

"Oh, you needn't worry about that," Predacon told Scorponok. "Considering how the Autobots treated him like equipment for so many years, I don't think he knows how to do anything else. In fact, I dare say that you and I will have to teach our new friend Soundwave a think or two about having fun at some point."

He glanced at the other Decepticon.

"And possibly also how to find his robot mode."

Megatron tried not to let Scorponok's praise go to his head. This, he tried to tell himself, was the downside of using a cult of personality to lead your people to victory.

"Obviously we need to maintain the population's obed--" He stopped himself. "No, not their obedience. Their allegiance. Simply keeping them in line through fear isn't enough, you see. They need to believe in the cause, or they'll simply fall apart into the mutually-loathing bands of rebels and criminals that they were before I banded them together.

"Obviously I'll continue to stand at the head of our new nation. That's the position I've carved for myself, and it's my own fault for devising a political system that's so centered on a single person. But you and I both know that if I try to make every decision by myself, we won't make it very far. I need good advisors, good commanders in their own right who can take the lead on the jobs that I'm not suited for. And in spite of your protestations to the contrary, Scorponok, that's the position that you've carved for yourself. Your actions in the service of the Decepticon cause speak for themselves."

He glanced across the command well to the other two Decepticons who stood with them. "The same could be said for Predacon and Soundwave as well, of course, but Predacon is a self-described lunatic--"

"Guilty as charged!" his brother shouted enthusiastically.

"And Soundwave has neither the experience nor the inclination to deal with subordinates."

The communications specialist simply gave a single, fractional nod of his triangular head.

"And in the -- seemingly permanent -- absence of Shockwave, that leaves you, the former senator, as my best choice for second in command."
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Brig, Nemesis

He had been beaten soundly. It was the last memory that his processors had any recollection of. It wasn't a fair fight, but it was one he himself had sought out. How much time had passed? As he started to come too, the only thing he could hear was a steady and constant hum that he didn't recognize. He engaged his optics but everything was fuzzy, like he'd spent all night at Maccadam's drinking the low grade energon. He started to internally adjust, trying to get a handle on where he was. Dark and small. The walls on either side of him were close... too close. There was only enough space for him to straighten his back and lift his head up from their seated and slumped position. He attempted to lift his hands to his head but they didn't get out of his lap much before they stopped suddenly and he felt a pull on his legs. It was then that he realized his hands were bound in energon shackles attached to his legs, immobilizing him and preventing transformation. His head hurt too much to process this quickly or easily. He was in prison?

"Where am I?" he groaned, his vocoder struggling and unable to control tone leaving it gravely, quiet and unrefined. He waited for a moment and got no immediate response. He dropped his head back and let it smack into the wall in a frustrated expression. He had no idea how he got there, but it wasn't too much of a stretch to figure that Megatron had played a role in it.

He tried to engage any sort of light enhancing vision, but it wouldn't turn on. So Sunstreaker sat in the dark, with only the constant hum of the forcefield that sealed him in his personal cell. At least he knew one thing now.

Autobot Evacuation Point 1124

"I get that you don't have a full list of the missing in front of you, but I am just trying to find ONE missing bot." Sideswipe fervently exclaimed. "I mean it's not like he was a nobody either." He fumed further. "I just need to know if we know what happened to him." Sideswipe was right in the face of a military information officer, doing everything in his power to remain as composed as he could.

"I am sorry, Sideswipe, right?" The navy blue bot replied angrily but with military-trained self control. "We have no information pertaining to a bot named Sunstreaker. He is not on any list of confirmed dead or contacted. He's not even on the official Missing Bots list. Whether he was famous or not is irrelevant. Now for the last time, I have to ask you to calm down and step ba-." Before he could finish Sideswipe, lost the composure he was struggling so hard to keep and cut him off with a solid punch to the jaw which immediately got the attention of the other emergency and military personnel being overwhelmed by the number of refugees waiting for evacuation.

"Whoops." Sideswipe muttered as he sheepishly grinned, realizing he was probably going to have a hard time talking his way out of or explaining this one. He hopped back, as the bot he just sucker punched struggled back to his feet, pulling out an electron baton.

Oh well. He always got more questions answered this way anyways.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Brig, Nemesis

As Sunstreaker sat, eventually he would hear a rhythmic clunk...clunk... coming from down the hall, slowly getting louder as it approached. As time passed, it would also become clear that the sound was accompanied by slow, methodical footsteps.

The footsteps stopped right beside Sunstreaker's cell, lost in the clunk of a nightstick being smacked against the doorframe. The weapon's bearer quickly stepped into view, a scowl on his generic Vehicon face.

"So you're finally awake, are you?"

He pressed the intercom beside the forcefield controls, keying through a call to the bridge. "Mighty Megatron, your guest isn't dead after all."

When Sideswipe got into it with the information officer, the crowd began to press in on them. Some of them were afraid, others overwhelmed with curiosity and others still cheering on the vibrant red Autobot who'd done what surely dozens of others had considered doing to the officious, indifferent security personnel.

Notably, the only people who seemed to take the officer's side were the ones wearing badges.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

War Academy

"Believe me, if Omega Supreme wanted quick extermination, he is very much capable of bombarding the survivors on Iacon without a second thought." Prowl replied to Red Alert as he took the seat. "Fact is, he doesn't even want to fight the Decepticons -- or fight at all. The Omega Sentinels are sentient, but he is... single-minded, shall we say. They were created during a time when we did not fully understand the technobiology of our species, and as such the way their systems -- and how they perceive the world -- is different than us."

Prowl frowned. "I have been attempting to recruit him for weeks before the war began, and honestly I did not expect results."

He switched channels to Smokescreen again. "You will get through it." It was said with the flat tone of a statement instead of something encouraging -- which was not Prowl's intention, but he supposed repeating the sentence would sound like he did not have faith in his brother.

How do simpler people even interact with each other? There is so much banal minutiae to work through. Facial expression, tone, volume, emphasis on words...

He did notice Smokescreen's usage of phrases and smiled inwardly to himself. His brother understood people far better than Prowl ever could. Prowl glanced at Red Alert again. "Yes, a new security chief indeed. Red Alert, you definitely have the right mindset. As soon as we reach Omega Supreme, you're our security chief effective immediately."

Bridge, Nemesis

"There are, are they not?" Sixshot replied to Lugnut, and shrugged. "But there are so many of you non-Vehicons as well."

Sixshot glanced at Lugnut.

The guard is nice.

He will assist me.

"That is appreciated." After a quick search through his databases for an appropriate response, Sixshot placed his arms against his sides and bowed stiffly on the waist. "I thank thee."

"How do the Autobots even do it? They create something so amazingly unique -- on par with our creations -- and they use it as a glorified wifi server." Scorponok shrugged at Predacon. He honestly wanted to discuss matters regarding Soundwave a bit more, but Megatron really occupied most of his attention at this point, being the leader of the Decepticons and all.

"One would argue that obedience comes with allegiance." Scorponok replied to Megatron. "It's really just how much obedience they show, and how well you treat them so they don't think of resisting you and your new order. Give and take... or the illusion thereof, at least. THat's how politics work."

"Of course, in addition to respect, well, people are also afraid of that big cannon on your arm, too." Scorponok shrugged. "It's the cold, hard truth. Ideals alone don't win wars. Ideals alone cannot possibly band together all of this. Strength gains respect. Physical strength, philosophical strength, political strength, economical strength... I would know. And right now, Megatron, you have most, if not all of them."

Scorponok smiled wryly. "You built the system, now you have to live with it. But, yes, good advisors. Second-in-cmmand And, well, I accept this position. Humbly, if I must. I do not like to boast -- okay, that's a lie -- but neither will I underestimate my own skills on the political field. And it is one I intend to excel again in a proper system."

Scorponok paused, and smiled. "I like you enough, Megatron, to be transparent and point out that this is exactly how 'give and take' works. Not that I had any intentions to actually gain power... okay, another lie. But my goals are nowhere as high nor lofty as second-in-command, certainly. But you definitely have the hang of political maneuvering. Gain your subject's loyalty by appealing to what they want, and what they are good at -- you get the actual talent that they, myself in this case, bring to the table, while at the same time your subjects are indebted to you. You're still putting them -- well us -- in positions that we are good at, like a strict leader, but your way with words-"

"MEGATRON! I would have words with you." Obsidian's metal-tinged word cut across the room and interrupted Scorponok's speech.

"Ah, the good general has woken up." Scorponok turned away from Megatron to regard the far older Decepticon. "Perhaps you could wait? Or maybe you could share your input. We are in the midst of discussing how to govern the entire Cybertronian race, after all."

"Govern-" Obdisian's shoulder-mounted propellers took him up into the air, easily making his way over the sea of Vehicons across the room to hover in front of Megatron and his little entourage. "What madness are you talking about? You- We destroyed Iacon, we burned Cybertron's legacy to the ground! What have we done? It's not to late to turn back now, Megatron. Stop this madness, and let us rebuild. Exile those who resist if you must, but stop this madness -- you will destroy Cybertron. You will destroy our homeland! You will not be known as the saviour of our race, but its destroyer."

"Wow, you're a buzzkill." Scorponok said, frowning, not at all moved by Obsidian's words.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

War Academy:

Optimus and Ironhide watched the shuttles load, launch, and return, taking the survivors of Iacon.... the survivors of Cybertron, really..... up to Omega Supreme.

There weren't many shuttles.

Fortunately, there weren't many survivors, either.

From their vantage point atop the shuttle that Tracks had piloted(and that Tracks, despite his protests, had been assigned to try to repair the engines of), they watched the crowds and the piles of scavenged supplies diminish, Ironhide's scowl getting steadily deeper.

"Go ahead. Say it."

"We're just askin' t'get blasted off'a this junk heap."

Optimus shrugged. "I do know that. But right now, we aren't even Autobots anymore. We're a demoralized group of shell shocked survivors whose entire planet has been destroyed by a maniac."

"An' standin' up here, jus' askin' t'get shot, is gonna help how?"

"It shows the Autobots that they have a leader, and that their leader isn't afraid. And if their leader isn't afraid-"

"- Then they ain't gonna be. Ah get that. Ah just think standin' up here's askin' fer trouble."

"Megatron coming here to attack again is possible. We're the only ones who can stop him. It's going to depend on how thorough he wants to be."

Ironhide stared out at the ruined cityscape. "Yeah. Ah'm figgerin' he's gonna be thorough."

Grounded Shuttle:

When the shuttle had landed briefly, Roadbuster had jumped out and made a beeline for the War Academy's armory.

Much to his annoyance, the place had been mostly cleaned out. He was able to get some ammo, and he found one missile pack. He'd wanted eight. One would do, he'd decided. It actually worked out a little better. One can carry only so much ammo, after all.

The results of his rummaging through leftovers were now spread all around him, and he was busily modifying one of his backpack storage units into a new mount to hold the linear blaster cannon over his left shoulder. He'd already rebuilt his laser rifle, combining it with the grenade launcher in an over/under configuration. The new rig for the linear blaster cannon was going to be the hardest part, as building the servo mounts to allow the gun to track and target was proving to be.

But it was a lot of fun.

Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Brig, Nemesis

That answered that. It was Megatron, not that he needed the confirmation or the reminder about what had happened. But on the plus side now he knew two things.

Sunstreaker tried to lean forward, squinting his optics, to see who was goading him from the other side of the force field, but the dim light prevented him from getting a good look at the transformer mocking him. "Big bot from the safe side of a shield," Sunstreaker chided the guard, not that Sunstreaker was ready for a fight. He'd only been given the most rudimentary care, not even a trip to a CR chamber. It was enough to keep him alive and that was probably it. Far cry from the usual top end care he'd receive after the most one sided fight in his own favour.

He made an attempt to struggle against his restraints again, but nothing doing as he looked up at his would-be guard.

As the other officers began to come towards their struggling comrade, the coalescing crowd gave Sideswipe very few if any chances to run away.

"Well." Sideswipe said as he began trying to back up to at the very least avoid being surrounded by the officers. "Had I known this many of you were going to come into this, I don't think I would have punched him." He admitted dryly to the incoming officers, but his admission was tainted by the fact he still had an exhaust eating smirk. He wanted to make the first move, but knew that ended with up getting jumped. It wasn't a smart tactical choice if had wanted to come out of this fight not arrested.

Sideswipe quickly leaped towards the nearest officer should barging him off his feet with the surprise attack before lunging at the same officer he'd previously sucker punched, again catching him unprepared and this time knocking him on unconscious with a vicious hook and his pile driver enabled. "I just want some questions answered, but I really am enjoying this change to the usual bureaucracy to get th-" he was cut off by a blow from behind by one of the other officers, knocking him flat to the ground.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grounded Shuttle:

Hot Rod scowled. "Look, just because I'm-"

"If I have to suffer trying to fix this engine because the theory is if you can fly, you can fix shuttle engines, then you can help because you've got a wing on your back."

"That makes no sense. And it's a spoiler, not a wing."

Tracks shrugged. "We're not replacing it, we're just replacing parts that these fault scanners-" He held up the palm-sized scanner and gave it a brief shake. "- should tell us which parts we need to replace....." He narrowed his optics in annoyance. "If we've got the parts."

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grounded Shuttle:

With a weary sigh, Nightbeat collapsed to a section of unclaimed decking near a large orange, brown, and green Autobot who was working like a mechanism obsessed on guns.

Lots of guns.

For a lack of anything better to do, Nightbeat pulled the cyclone cannon out of subspace, and the repair kit Hot Rod had given him. Pulling one of the tools out, he started to pry at one of the panels on the cannon.

"Use the hex driver to open the panel."

Nightbeat looked up, finding himself pinned by the emerald glare coming from the big Autobot. "What?"

"That a Tengami Arms police issue heavy cyclone cannon. Usually used by riot squads and tactical teams." Roadbuster snorted derisively. "Something you obviously aren't part of."

Nightbeat shrugged. "It got me out of a tight situation."

"And probably nearly killed you as a result. Tengami's got a rep for their heavy weapons killing their users unless they've been specially kitted out. They claim it's so the weapons they make can't be used by unauthorized 'users'. It's actually because it's cheaper for them to not build safeguards in."

"Is there a way to make it work so I can use it?"

Roadbuster's optic band widened slightly in surprise. "Why?"

"It might come in handy at some point." Nightbeat pulled the hex driver out of the repair kit and started removing the panel.

"First, don't use that panel. Pull the one at the connector point where it locks on to your arm." Roadbuster pulled a capacitor bank out of the pile of parts and tossed it to the bemused looking detective. "Replace the capacitor in the cannon with the one I just gave you. It won't be nearly as powerful as it was, but it won't kill you when you use it."

Nightbeat pulled the panel and started removing the damaged capacitor, his optics narrowing as he took a closer look at it. "This-"

"- Is a piece of cheap slag? Yes. That's what I was talking about. That's why I don't use one. That and they just don't have enough punch."

"Not enough........ I mangled a bunch of undead monsters and a wall with this thing!"

Roadbuster shrugged. "And I bet you had to overload it to do that. You'd be better off with a photon cannon."

Nightbeat managed to get the new capacitor bank installed, then replaced the panel. "Why?"

"Less moving parts, less prone to vibrational feedback, less of a pain to repair."

Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: So sorry, everyone)

War Academy

"If you're trying to make me less nervous about this...ship-person, you're not succeeding," Red Alert told Prowl.

As the planet receded below them and the giant orbiting warship above them grew bigger in their windscreen, Red's frown grew deeper.

"Yeah, looking at him isn't doing much for that either."

He was so focussed on the massive Transformer they were flying towards that it took a moment for Prowl's words to sink in.

"I...security chief? But I'm just..." His jaw hung open for a moment. "How in the world am I supposed to--"

The police officer sighed, then bowed his head for a moment and forced himself to adopt a neutral expression.

"Am I seriously the most qualified person we have left? I suppose if I wasn't, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And if I am, then I guess I don't really have a choice. So I guess I'll do it. Now I just need to figure out how I'm supposed to arrest our starship if it acts up..."

Omega Supreme

"You're right," Smokescreen told Prowl. "I'll get through it because I don't have a choice."

Bridge, Nemesis

"That's true," Lugnut replied to Sixshot. He'd never thought of things quite that way. But then he held up one massive, thick finger in realization. "But the rest of us usually look different! The Vehicons mostly all look the same, paint job and everything. It's like, how confusing would the rest of us be if we all looked like Scorponok?"

His lanternlike jaw worked for a moment, and then he said, "You're welcome. I guess the first place to start would be the barracks, but there's so many...one of every Vehicon alternate mode. Do you know if they were cars, jets, helicopters, gyropods...?"

As he spoke, he led the way towards the turbolift at the rear of the bridge.

"You used that word. 'Politics'. But I'm not a politician. I'm a leader. There's a difference." Megatron shrugged. "So it's a good thing you're here, Scorponok. There are some challenges that you'll simply be better-suited to deal with."

When Obsidian charged into the room, however, the somewhat tentative mien that Megatron had adopted while discussing 'the system' completely melted away. In fact, he could be seen to smile slightly before forcing his face back to a neutral countenance.

"This, however, is not one of them. Take command for the moment, senator." After a moment's delay, he added, "Don't crush my command chair. I'm rather fond of it."

Then he stood up, took one long stride towards Obsidian and reached up to pluck the flying Decepticon out of the air.

"If you want to live long enough to articulate your next thought, Air Commander, you will hold it in until you and I are somewhere that we can have this discussion in private. Speaking in public like this, while holding a rank such as yours, is tantamount to sedition. And I don't need to remind you what the punishment for that is."

The fusion cannon on his arm began to hum, charging up to full power.

Brig, Nemesis

The guard glared down incredulously at Sunstreaker.

"Do you realize how many people try and get me to lower their forcefields and give them a beating every single day?"

He smiled cruelly.

"Not nearly enough."

As he reached out to switch off the cell's power, he extended his force baton to full length with a flick of his wrist.

"So I'm going to enjoy this."

Egged on by Sideswipe, several members of the crowd started to push in, shoving and jostling the security officers who were moving in to attack him.
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Evac Shuttle, War Academy

((ooc: little bit of catch up here since the shuttles launched since I was last able to post))

With the last of the medical staff patience, and salvaged supplies onboard, Terabolt would be the last to board the shuttle, waving a signal for them to take off before anymore terrorcons tried to join them.

With Yoketron staying close to their new Prime, Terabolt would follow onto the shuttle that Prowl had boarded, still wanting to keep an eye on him after his the blow to the head that'd taken him offline for a bit. She wasn't particularly surprised to see that he was still chattering away on his com unit even has he went about assisting at the front of the shuttle.

"You must be doing alright, if you still got the processing power to be micro-managing over a radio even now," Terabolt would tell Prowl as she came up behind him and Red Alert. She gave a brief nod to Hound who was still monitoring the sensors and some of the refugees, but he seemed to distracted to spare his attention at the moment. She watched out the windows for a moment, watching the shattered planet slip away from them, the full scope of the destruction coming into focus. "...so where to from here..?"
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grounded Shuttle Engine Room:

Hot Rod slapped the scanner he was holding, eliciting a digitized wail of seeming pain from the device.

"Careful, chum. If you break it, we don't have any spares."

"That's the problem. It's saying the component I just replaced is still broken."

Tracks looked up from his scanner, then swung it around to the component Hot Rod had just replaced. "According to this one, it's fine."

"I'm really going to hope this doesn't mean most of the stuff I've fixed is either still broken or going to need to be fixed in the first place."

On Top of the Grounded Shuttle:

Optimus lifted the ion shotgun, checking the mechanisms and the charge. It looked like an older model, but synching it to his weapons systems wouldn't be too hard.

I give you all these cool built in weapons, and you want that thing? Why?

Personal preference. Besides, if I can focus my enemies on thinking I can be disarmed, the built in weapons can be more of a surprise.

"Uh oh."

Optimus looked up, not seeing the expected hordes charging towards them. "What is it?"

Ironhide pointed off in the distance. Shuttles still came and went, and at one of the gathering areas for evacuees, a riot seemed to be kicking off. "Looks lahke somethin's up over thataway."

The wings on Optimus' backpack deployed, the flight engines starting to spool up. "Want a lift?"

"Ain't no fun in flyin'." And with that, he jumped off the top of the shuttle, landing in a crouch, transforming to vehicle mode, and rolling off towards the impending riot.

"On that, we most certainly disagree," Optimus chuckled as he took to the air, heading in the same direction.

Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Grounded Shuttle:

Nightbeat looked at the collapsed cyclone cannon now attached to his lower left arm. With a thought, he deployed it, and with another thought, retracted it. Then he pulled his plasma blaster. "What can you do with this?"

Roadbuster looked up, narrowing his optic band slightly. "Actually, that's a pretty good weapon. For a sidearm."

Nightbeat shrugged, then clipped the plasma blaster back into it's holster on his leg. "I'm a detective, not a soldier."

Roadbuster stood, feeling the servos in his new weaponry whirring as it compensated for height and positioning change. "Not anymore. You're a soldier now. We fight, or we die."

Nightbeat pulled his visor off and blinked at Roadbuster. "Was that supposed to be inspiring?"

Roadbuster scowled. "Yes."

Nightbeat stood and put his visor back on. "Pretty good. But you're wrong. I never will be a soldier."

Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Brig, Nemesis

Sunstreaker was bound but not gagged. About the only weapon he had, as the guard approached him, was his mouth. Still, he was a fighter and the tight confines of the cell offered him some opportunity to fight back, especially if he could distract the guard enough.

"This must be the highlight of your life cycle." Sunstreaker mused, as he backed to the wall, attempting to push himself upright, made difficult by the bound hands and feet. "I am sure the story will be told that you took down one of the greatest gladiator combats in one on one combat."
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

(OOC: Hoo Boy been a while eh?)

Grounded Shuttles

Brainstorm rocked back and forth on his feet as he got anxious. The scientist was normally quite capable of comparmentalizing his anxiety and other issues, but the lack of a weapon or device schematic to distract him merely served to cause these problems to rush up.

Inhaling he looked down to something he had found earlier on his exploration of the anandoned sectors of the Academy while he was scrambling to get parts. A stasis pod for a Minibot. A rather old one by the looks of the dust and dents. He wasn't sure why it was there but he couldn't justify leaving it.

He nearly jumped out of his armor as Ratchet rested a hand on his shoulder "Oh relax. Just wait your turn and you'll get onboard."

"Easy for you to say. Your a medic. You'll get on first out of nessecity." Brainstorm shot back

"Brainstorm I've repaired enough damage to your crainal playes to know your smart enough to realize you'll get on." Ratchet replied sternly before looking down "I see you found an extra Bot."

"It was tucked away in a storage room in the academy. For the life of me I can't figure out why, but when things calm down maybe I can study it."

Ratchet nodded and looked to a nearby scuffle narrowing his optics "I swear to Primus..." he trailed off

Makeshift took his seat on the shuttle, closing the optics of the form he had assumed as he waited to be brought to the rally point for the Autobots. He wasn't sure if that meant Omega Supreme[B/] . He kept his radio utterly silent to avoid even the slightest chance of detection as he took to inspecting the molten shrapnel shotgun he had taken off the body he currently resembled.

"Let the pieces fall where they may so that I may make my move." he thought to himself.

Medbay, Nemesis

Nickel adjusted as she went about cleaning the instruments. Watching Obsidian had put the Minicon in a saddened state at first before putting her into a chipper mood. Frag she was even willing to be nice to her colleague.

Knock Out Do you need me to fetch anything from the supply room?" she offered.

Onslaught sighed. He had locked up in front of his teacher and then had let him rush off to confront Megatron alone. He grabbed his head and slowly worked to calm himself. He had let logistics of Megatron's utter annhilation of Iacon get the better of him.

"I have to harden my spark if I'm going to make it through this. And bots I can trust to back me up." he muttered as he jotted down something on a datapad and started to make his way to the bridge to see how the meeting between Megatron and Obsidian went.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2