[New RPG] World at War: Panopticon

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

Red Alert winced as the glass broke, then winced again as Raiku got the old, creaky load-lifter running -- both noises hurt his sensitive ears and put him on edge.

"Well, I guess sneaking was out of the question anyway," he whispered just loud enough that he could hear himself, but quietly that the others probably wouldn't.

He followed Hound's lead though, watching carefully to ensure that nothing would leap out of the newly-broken window at them. It seemed, though, that nothing was coming through.

Kelex Space Station

Skyblast sighed.

This never would have happened under Zeta Prime...

"Look, I'll be straight with you. That makes things more complicated. We can't talk to Iacon to verify your mission, so you're going to have to submit to a complete in-person scan of yourselves and anything you want to take off of your shuttle before we can let you board. We'll also have to cross-check your spark signatures with our databases to make sure that you're actually Autobots and not, say, Triple-M terrorists or known Decepticons. Hopefully it'll only take a minute or two. We'll also have to send a sweeper team onto the shuttle to check for contraband, so if either of your are carrying Syk or unmarked Engex you should probably flush it out the airlock before you dock."

He arrived at the designated landing bay to find that Strongarm and his guards were already there. Muting the channel again, he looked at the security officer and said, "No codes and no official orders. They get the full workup."

Strongarm cocked his head to one side. "Should we call the boss?"

"Not unless we find anything suspicious," Skyblast told him with a shrug.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Soundwave facility:

Roadbuster holstered the linear blaster cannon and pulled his grenade launcher. "I'm thinking I split off from the main group and start frying as much of the electronics in this station as I can. That should draw his attention away from the rest of you."
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

"It couldn't hurt," Red Alert told Roadbuster with a shrug. "Well, it could hurt you I suppose. But if we divide Soundwave's attention it might make it easier for us to meet our objectives."

He glanced over at Raiku and the rest. "What do you think?"
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Shuttle: Boarding the Kelex Space Station

"Wheeljack scratched the back of his head and laughed a bit nervously. "Erm, I might make matters worse now, but I'm officially not even an Autobot and I'm also from Kaon," he said to the other end of his conversation. "Probably won't do me any good, but I'd rather be honest about it. I can also assure you that we brought nothing but out tools to help with the repairs, but you're free to check for anything. Not like we would have a choice in the matter anyway. "

Wheeljack docked the shuttle. "So what do I do now? Sit still with our arms raised in the air," he said as he looked at Highbrow.

Soundwave Facility

Volks watched as the others debated about splitting up or not. "I'm bored. When do we get to shoot stuff?" he said to no one in particular, though secretly hoped for a reaction from somebody.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

Red Alert couldn't help but glare at Volks, even though he knew that the smaller Autobot was trying to get a rise out of people. "Hush, you," he told the hacker.

Kelex Space Station

Skyblast winced. "I appreciate your honesty," he told Wheeljack, "but I hope for your sake you don't have too many other secrets you need to bring up. Our security chief looks like he's one step away from going full cavity search on you guys, and that's no fun for anybody."

As the shuttle came to a stop and the hatch opened up, Skyblast took a step back and allowed Signal Flare to peer inside with his scanners. When the sensor-bot gave them a thumbs-up to indicate it was safe to board, Skyblast said to Wheeljack. "We're coming aboard. Hopefully we'll be able to make this quick."

At Strongarm's insistence, the communications officer let the other Omnicons board first. While Signal Flare and Offshoot headed to the back of the shuttle, scanning every surface with their sensor-dish arms, Skyblast followed Strongarm up to the cockpit.

"A pleasure to meet you in person," he said to the two Autobots that they found. "Which one of you is Wheeljack?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

Raiku looked uncomfortable as Red Alert prompted him for input. Yes, he'd volunteered for the leader role to distract Soundwave, but now he wasn't sure he could handle it.

He wanted to tell Roadbuster to stay with them, for no other reason than that it was more likely (he hoped) to get everyone home if they stayed together. But then that might also make it easier for Soundwave to take them all out at once... His head still had a dull ache from the input overload earlier from his vision, it made the hard decision even worse.

This guy is trained military, he knows what he's doing, Raiku told himself. He wouldn't make the offer if he didn't think he could handle it.

"Don't get too far in over your head," Raiku finally answered, though he sounded worried saying it. "We need everyone to come back in one piece."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

(OOC: We need to move on, so I'm going to assume that everything is in place and we're ready to go to the next room.)

Soundwave Facility

Red Alert watched as their makeshift crate-ladder clunked into place, winced and hoped fervently that none of them were heavier than they looked.

That's pretty precarious even for a normal 'Bot like me...

Glancing at Raiku he said, "Should I go first? Or should we send Hound? He can report back the lay of the land to us better than I can using his holograms."
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

"Well cannon fodder's in the job description, though in not so many words," Hound would say, moving ahead without waiting for Raiku to answer Red Alert. He was worried that Raiku would want to take the job himself, and decided not to give him the opportunity.

Raiku started to open his mouth to protest, but Hound was already starting to scale the crate pile, and it wasn't as if the mechanic was capable of stopping him. Raiku shut his mouth briefly before turning to look over at Red Alert. "You should go along with him. Two sets of optics will be better at spotting than one."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

After nodding his agreement to Raiku Red Alert followed along behind Hound. He took care to wait until the other Autobot had made his way up the rickety box stairway before placing his own weight on it, though, not wanting to overload the makeshift pathway and send it crumbling. Instead, he stepped on the load-lifter in the hopes of counterbalancing his moving partner.

Because the police officer was waiting, Hound would arrive in the room before Red. What he'd see when he got there was...not very much. The room was dark, lit only by what scant illumination spilled over from the hangar it overlooked. It was long from side to side, but shallow. A few control terminals and computer stations -- their displays as black as the rest of the room -- were lined up along the walls. If Hound wasn't careful he might step on one of them as he passed through the broken window.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Kelex Space Station

"Well, I can't make you any promises," Wheeljack joked a little, but understood the seriousness of the situation. "All I can tell you is that Highbrow and I aren't here with bad intentions. We were not 'so politely asked' by Sentinel Prime to try and fix an Omega Sentinel. Seeing as I'm a capable engineer and never even saw an actual Omega Sentinel I just couldn't pass on the opportunity."

As Strongarm, Signal Flare and Offshoot entered the shuttle, Wheeljack raised his hand when asked to identify himself. "That would be me. How can I help?"

Soundwave Facility

"So," Volks said out loud. "Are we there yet? I'm aching to shoot somebody with my laser," he added as he pulled out his photon pistol.
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

"Patience," Raiku would say to Volks, trying not to sound too annoyed as he looked briefly towards Volks. "If we wind up getting into shooting, this mission's probably well on it's way downhill fast. The longer it stays calm, the better." He then turned back to watch Hound and Red Alert's progress.

Hound had scaled their makeshift ladder with little problem, finding a food hold in between some of the shattered glass of the destroyed observation window, but then there he paused. He was now standing at the precipice of unknown territory, and the darkness was not inviting...

The sound of something metallic skittering through the room would draw Hound's attention, his head jerking fast in that direction, and the scout resisting the urge to turn on his light - that'd just draw attention to himself, or whatever it was would be long gone before he could get the light on it - better instead was something more subtle, which Hound did by starting to scan the room.

Within moments the information had compiled, and Hound was not surprised to find he didn't detect whatever it was (gone, or too well hidden for his brief scan to route out). He cross-referenced the fresh scan against the information he'd recorded earlier from Prowl's maps, and decided nothing immediately in front of him seemed to have been altered. He was still unsure of the computers just below the window (not a tech, he wouldn't know if they'd been hacked or had changes to the interior) and opted to simply hop over the devices without touching them.

Hound landed with a brief thud on the floor in a crouched position, immediately glancing around for potential trouble. After a moment he'd straighten up to stand, looking briefly back over his shoulder to check for Red Alert, then continued to survey the area.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

Red Alert heard the same sound that Hound did, and it put him on edge. He came into the room right behind the other Autobot, but couldn't see or smell anything other than the two of them. Going through the window, he landed right beside the scout with a scowl on his face.

"Any idea what that was?" he asked, as he moved out to check the exit for traps.

Kelex Space Station

The scanning crew came back and their leader shrugged at Skyblast, clearly unable to find anything.

"Well, Wheeljack, it doesn't look like you've smuggled anything dangerous aboard. Either you're the worst terrorists ever or your story checks out." He smiled, then extended his hand to the other Autobot. "Welcome aboard. "I'll take you over to Omega Supreme's dock. Do the two of you need to grab any gear first?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

"Not really," Hound would answer Red Alert, keeping on guard. "Place like this probably has maintenance drones, but saying it's one of them might be too optimistic."

Raiku had been the next to climb up the shaky ladder of boxes, and managed to be close enough to hear Hound speak up.

"The last thing I want to see is any more drones," The mechanic spoke bitterly. He waited at the edge of the busted window, teetering a bit as he judged how to get down with his braced-up arm reducing his balance a bit. Eventually he moved forward a bit, stepping onto one of the computer consoles before the window, then making the hop down to floor level.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Soundwave Facility:

Roadbuster thought for a moment, consulting the schematics he'd memorized. Holstering the grenade launcher, he pulled one of the microwave pistols, aimed at an interior wall with both the microwaver and the linear blaster cannon, and opened fire. the cannon to breach the wall, the microwaver to fry the electronics inside.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

"It almost doesn't matter," Red Alert told Hound. "Any drone we find here is Soundwave's property and we have to consider it at least as dangerous as the ones we found at the military base. I'd almost rather run into a Decepticon. At least you can reason with one of those."

He glanced at Raiku and added, "I'd say that if we do, we should shoot on sight. It'll give Volks something to do when he's not hacking."

He glanced down at the room's computers, then shrugged. "Speaking of...it doesn't look like these are getting any power. I don't see any circuit breakers here. Do you see any way to turn them on?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

"That'd probably alert Soundwave to our position, not that he probably isn't already painfully aware of us," Hound offered as mention of the computers was made.

"The sooner we're out of here the better," Raiku answered. "Leave it unless we need it, I'd say."

"Time to move along then," Hound answered. "Spot anything we should be worried about?" He'd ask towards Red Alert. Hound finally got up and moved a few steps forward, keeping his weapon ready and alert as he studied the room a bit more.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

Red Alert walked up to the door, taking great care not to touch it at he peered at the surface, the tiny gaps between it, the walls and the floor in several different spectra before saying, "I don't see anything. And I don't hear anything either, so hopefully we're not going to open the door right into an ambush."

He glanced at Hound. "You want to do the honours?"
Aero Blade

Post by Aero Blade »

Soundwave Facility

Hound would nod to Red Alert without saying anything, stepping ahead and opening the door. He waited there a moment looking around, blocking the frame in the event any shots came out at him, scanning the next room for any threats or traps.

Raiku stayed back from the two more experienced bots, but he too was looking into the next room, using his ability to see if there were any energy patterns he could detect coming from within.
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Soundwave Facility

"Patience?" Volks replied to Raiku. "I don't do patience. I'm not wired that way," he shrugged. "I'm just like Skullgrin in Attack of the Killer Mecannibals 4. I'm here to bust a cap in some Decepticreeps," he said as he pointed his photon pistol in various directions.

"Mission aready went downhill for me when I was put together in a group with Red Alert, if you ask me," Volks mumbled while staying close to the group.

Kelex Space Station

Wheeljack scratched the back of his head. "Well I consider myself a fair mech. Strange that you weren't updated on our arrival, but I guess the Prime has more important things on his mind than the safety of two engineers," he shrugged.

"Yes, please. Show us the way," he said to Skyblast as he folded out a small cart and put some of his equipment with him. "It's a good thing I packed light. Highbrow will take care of the rest.
Aspiring DJ!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Soundwave Facility

As the door swung open, Red Alert saw nothing that looked especially threatening. The room opened up into a wide corridor, one which seemed to run the length of the facility, branching off in different directions.

The security officer shrugged. "From here, it's anyone's guess where we go next. Any of these halls could lead to pretty much anywhere. Unless you see something I don't," he said to Raiku, "we might as well just pick one direction and go with it."

While he was speaking, he'd spared a moment to glare at Volks for his insult.

Kelex Space Station

Skyblast watched the equipment that Wheeljack loaded into the cart, seemingly casually but in truth he was examining the selection to ensure that none of it could be easily weaponized.

"Follow me," he told the other Autobot. "The main dock isn't far, but it can be a bit tricky to get there." As they started to move through the station, the Omnicon would duck through a veritable maze of catwalks, equipment and equipment racks. "We don't get too many visitors here. It's a fuelling station, after all. Lots of ships stop but nobody actually comes on board. So ease of navigation wasn't one of the concerns when they designed the place, and it can be a real nightmare to find your way around if you're not familiar with the layout."

But Skyblast obviously knew the place like the back of his hand, because within a few minutes they'd arrived at a docking station with a large viewing window. Through the window, the battle-scarred, ancient cylindrical hull of a Supreme-type sentinel.

"There he is," the communications officer told Wheeljack. "Omega Supreme. Quite a sight, isn't he?"