OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Skyquake87
Protoform
Articles: 0

Re: OFFICIAL TRANSFORMERS TOYS NEWS

Post by Skyquake87 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:21 pm

I'm a bit puzzled by the Studio Series '86 stuff. I think it's a great idea...but some of these characters are getting concurrent releases in Siege...so I don't quite understand what Hasbro is going for. Or is it that some characters will only show up in Siege or SS '86 and vice versa? Quite like the look of Scourge and will be interested to see how Galvatron and Cyclonus turn out. Er, if they're going to be in the Studio Series line...

I love the look of Runabout. Too bad he's an unobtainable exclusive, like Thrust. The Micromaster set is neat and I like the M.A.S.K. homages.

I think Grimlock looks a bit too podgy, something that was also a problem for the POTP version, whose proportions are also a bit off.

Some good stuff, but not really enough to get me excited at the moment. I think its just seeing more versions of characters we've had releases of previously - although Titans Return was 5 years ago (blimey), it still feels a bit soon to be revisiting some of these characters. Hot Rod in particular has had 2 recent releases in Generations, plus an MP figure and releases in Cyberverse... it all feels a bit money for old rope.

Clay

Post by Clay » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:02 am

Skyquake87 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:21 pm
I'm a bit puzzled by the Studio Series '86 stuff. I think it's a great idea...but some of these characters are getting concurrent releases in Siege...so I don't quite understand what Hasbro is going for. Or is it that some characters will only show up in Siege or SS '86 and vice versa? Quite like the look of Scourge and will be interested to see how Galvatron and Cyclonus turn out. Er, if they're going to be in the Studio Series line...
Cyclonus is in Earthrise, but Scourge is Studio Series I think.

I don't see the need for the the G1 figures in the studio line. They're already in everything else! If they want to make like Studio Series was meant to be inclusive of all big screen features, I expect some Beast War II figures too, dangit.

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:15 pm

Lots of love for the various recolours out there had me get my MMC Arcee down to play with.

I broke the arm off.

Denyer
Articles: 3

Post by Denyer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:02 pm

https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReport ... 5685128810

^ Kingdom listings on Amazon in Australia.

edit: I'm assuming that Mainframe is separate, so that's a definite even if I don't make space for the Ark.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/04/07/tra ... led-431070

Clay

Post by Clay » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Also they've showed off stock pics for the titan Ark and the new Beast Wars Scorponok.

I've already seen people wanting the Ark retooled into Omega Supreme like in Animated, but I don't see how that works. The ship is flipped 180* from one robot to the other, so the retooling would mean chucking the alternate mode and building a new shell on top. At that point, there's no point in retooling it because the only thing that links the designs has been completely changed.

Unless of course they just change the head and add a claw or whatever, but then that wouldn't really look like Animated Omega Supreme. So they might do that.

StoneCold Skywarp
Articles: 3
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Good lord I want that Ark, it would look awesome wall mounted (like the lego batwing)
I know it's unlikely but also hoping the teletraan is big enough to be a suitable part of a MP scale diorama

Clay

Post by Clay » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:10 pm

Based on previous Titans, it's likely to be deluxe-ish in size, though that's not a given by any means.

But yeah, I want me some Ark too. And I think the time for giant, gloriously intricate, third party masterpiece Rock Lords has come. I mean, the Ark needs a volcano to lodge into, yeah?

Hound

Post by Hound » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:50 am

I keep getting all these Titan Class TFs and I make space for them but what I'd really like is some kind of shelves that I could display them in base modes. Or a room that has just one big table that I could make battle dioramas out of my collection.

Clay

Post by Clay » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:08 pm

More new stuff from the Hasbro live stream thing: https://tformers.com/hasbro-pulse-fans- ... /news.html

Several of them we already new about from leaks or what was shown a couple of days ago, but there are some genuine new reveals:
+ Titan Class The Ark - Has golden discs stored behind Teletran-1

+ Commander Class Rodimus Prime

+ Leader Class Galvatron

+ Deluxe Class Scorponok

+ Voyager Class Rhinox

+ Deluxe Class Tracks

+ Deluxe Class Wingfinger Fossilizer

+ Core Class Fossilizer - Vertibreak Recolor

+ Core Class Soundwave - Has Laserbeak tape

+ Deluxe Class Tricranius Fossilizer with Blast Effects - Hasbro Pulse Exclusive

+ Deluxe Class Shattered Glass Blurr - Hasbro Pulse Exclusive

+ Collectors Edition Auto-Transforming Optimus Prime - $699 MSRP
Curiously absent: the rumored Waspinator, Terrorsaur, and Tigatron.

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:49 pm

The lack of Predacons in Kingdom is killing me (Fossilizers don't count!). I get it though, good guys sell better and all that and there's the weaponizer gimmick to cram in. Just a shame, good guys are BORING!

Clay

Post by Clay » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:00 pm

Here's some Q&A from the hasbro people after the fan event thing:

https://tformers.com/hasbro-transformer ... /news.html

Nothing really substantial or concrete, but just that they want to make more 1986 movie bots and more Beast Wars stuff. I don't why they weren't asked about more live-action Studio Series stuff.