Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Soundwave and Soundblaster

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Name: Soundwave
Titan Master: Soundblaster
Allegiance: Decepticon
Function: Decepticon Journalist/Pundit/Propagandist
Alternate Mode(s): Earth style retro boombox.
Weapons/Equipment: Plasma Cannon, Shoulder-Mounted Cannon that fires armor piecing exploding darts, and Black Files Drive.
Motto: "Weapons don't win wars. Words win wars."

Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10
---
Teamwork: 2
Cooperation: 2

Profile: After the Combiner Wars Soundwave didn't know what to do with himself. With his position in the Decepticon High Command while still needed but the Decepticon High Command had very little for him with to do in peace time, and with all of his loyal cassette warriors either critically wounded and/or getting upgraded with Titanmaster technology. Frustrated with diminished role in the Decepticon High Command he started looking for a new line of work. Something he could do on side without giving up his position in the Decepticon High Command. He saw the rapidly growing Cybertron news media agencies starting up, so Soundwave decided to try his hand at being a voice for the Decepticons. Unfortunately for him, his cold mono-tone voice and lack of charisma made it hard for him to complete in a rapidly growing and very competitive and cut-throat business; with many Decepticons and Autobots commenting that he was "a uncharismatic bore". While he did gather a small and dedicated audience if it wasn't for his Black Files Drive (aka BFD more on that later) that he used to blackmail his boss, his show would have been cancelled. When he learned about the Titanmaster bonding process he began looking for a partner and he found the perfect partner in his old protege' Soundblaster who been rebuilt as a Titanmaster.

If Soundwave was cold mono-tone and uncharismatic bore, Soundblaster was an extremely passionate, charismatic, and ambitious he wanted to be leader of the Decepticons, but his extreme rhetoric and lack of connections and lack of patience with several high ranking members in the Decepticon High Command made him unpopular. He would have been in executed during the war if not for his incredible decipher abilities which allows him to hack any computer system on Cybertron and Earth.

After they were bonded, it was hard to tell where one ended and the other begin. Soundwave is more confident, charismatic and lost his mono-tone cold voice and speaks with a strong confident voice. His show and appearances on other shows have made him now made him a force to be reckoned with in Cybertron's growing news media outlets. Soundblaster while still passionate has been able to use Soundwave's more subtle ways to get his points across. This has also made Soundwave, who never had much ambition to lead the Decepticons and was once considered one of Megatron's most loyal followers, has been very critical and harsh about Megatron. There are now rumors floating around the Decepticon High Command that Soundwave has been threatening to reveal very dark secrets about Megatron and other Decepticons in the Decepticon High Command things that could lead to a revolt against them. If true this makes Soundwave a very powerful player in the Decepticon High Command and if true he could be looking to into a way begin looking to overthrow him and become leader of the Decepticons. While Soundwave wants to be the leader of the Decepticons he will wait for the right time to strike. Right now he's comfortable in his role as a journalist/pundit/propagandist for the Decepticon cause or at least his version of the Decepticon cause.

And thanks to Soundwave's telepathic abilities, BFD, and Soundblaster's decipher abilities they have the ability to gather more information on the Decepticons and Autobot leaders and use that information against his enemies on his show.

Abilities: In combat Soundwave uses a plasma rifle that can short out most Transformers without heavy armor plating. His shoulder mounted cannon fires frag darts that if they penetrate the armor of a Transformer they can explode into thousands of tiny shards causing extreme pain to the victim. Soundwave is also an above average hand-to-hand fighter and average melee weapon fighter. Soundwave also has a telepathic ability that allows him to secretly scan unbounded Titanmasters (for example he can scan Megatron when he's not bonded to Doomshot and vice versa but when the two are bonded he can't) and he can secretly scan any non-Titanmaster Transformers' minds with ease. He can then download any useful data and knowledge from those scans into what he calls his Black File Drive (or BFD for short) which he uses for blackmail, and stories on his show. The BFD is made of a rare super dense Cybertronian Titanium alloy that has so many security measures placed in it that it's next to impossible to crack so that only Soundwave and Soundblaster can access it. Thanks to Soundblaster's decipher technology he can hack into almost any computer on Cybertron and Earth.

Weaknesses: Because Soundwave has adopted some of Soundblaster's extreme stances and now wants to be leader of the Decepticons this of course has strained his relationship with Megatron and others in Decepticon High Command. Soundblaster also has an intense dislike of certain Decepticons leaders (like Megatron, Starscream, Shockwave, and Deathsaurs) for what he believes is their collective stupidity and supposed treasonous action that cost them victory in the war. Soundblaster has an intense hatred of the Autobots and their cause that sometimes makes it next to impossible to reason with him.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:With several Cybertron news agencies starting up Soundwave decided to try his hand at being a voice for the Decepticons, unfortunately for Soundwave his cold mono-tone voice and lack of charisma made it hard for him to complete in a rapidly growing business
This sentence makes me want to laugh at Soundwave and give him a reassuring hug both at the same time. :D

Also that's a very awesome take on Soundwave's mind-reading abilities that keeps it around without making it broken, using a limitation that works perfectly with the setting. Awesome job!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Blackjack wrote:This sentence makes me want to laugh at Soundwave and give him a reassuring hug both at the same time. :D

Also that's a very awesome take on Soundwave's mind-reading abilities that keeps it around without making it broken, using a limitation that works perfectly with the setting. Awesome job!
Yeah Soundwave's mind-reading abilities was something that I MIGHT want to use but I knew it could be easily abused and I didn't want him to be like Professor Xavier where he could read everybody and anyone. Given him a limitation made sense. Plus I also figured that he already plenty of dirt on the Decepticons High Command and The Autobot High Command from the War, which is why I created the Black Files Drive (or BFD).

And FTR the Black File Drive is what I'm calling that block of plastic that comes with the toys of Titans Return Soundwave and Blaster, it's basically where Soundblaster and Twincast sit in when Soundwave and Blaster are in base modes as toys. It fits nicely in their chest in robot mode.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

This is an amazing take on Soundwave! I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

I did some editing. Most of it grammar, and there were some areas I thought needed to be more clear.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

I need a name for Soundwave's show.

I was thinking "The War Room with Soundwave" or "The Sound and Fury with Soundwave" anybody else got any other suggestions?
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

"The Voice of the Decepticons"

"Operation: Information"

"Operation: Disinformation"

"The Sounds of War"

"The Walls Have Ears, And Its Name is Soundwave"

"Small Animal Hospital with Soundwave" (Hey, the dude has got a lot of little animal buddies, right?)
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Blackjack wrote:"Small Animal Hospital with Soundwave" (Hey, the dude has got a lot of little animal buddies, right?)
Soundwave's entire crew they're currently either in critical condition, being rebuilt as their Titanmaster versions, and a few are MIA and presumed dead.

Most of Broadcast's (aka Blaster) crew are MIA and presumed dead.