Heinrad

Hot Rod and Firedrive

Post by Heinrad »

Name: Hot Rod
Allegiance: Autobot
Titan: Firedrive
Function: Cavelier
Targetmaster: Maxx
Voice Actors: Kevin Conroy as Hot Rod in vehicle mode(Old Bruce from Batman Beyond), Will Friedle as Firedrive(Terry McGinnis voice)/ combined Hot Rod(RiD Bumblebee voice), Cree Summer as Maxx

Profile: The last thing the Autobot now known as Hot Rod remembered before waking up as a headless Titan was a foot. Specifically the foot of Bruticus. Grinding him into the ground. When he was brought out of stasis, he was in a new body, had a much sleeker vehicle mode than before..... and no head.

Firedrive was a punk. He'd broken into the facility Hot Rod had been rebuilt in and, in an attempt to get away from the guards, wound up bonding to Hot Rod when he jumped into his cockpit and linked into the old Autobot's systems.

He's not the partner Hot Rod would have preferred, but the old Autobot sees a lot of potential in the kid, once the rough edges get knocked off of him.

Due to the incompatibilities between Hot Rod’s obsessions and Firedrive’s fears of being absorbed into Hot Rod’s singularly pragmatic outlook on things, it was decided to assign an assistant, one who could serve as a buffer between the two if necessary. Maxx, a programming expert, was assigned the unenviable task of trying to keep the two clashing personalities working together. She’s game, but she knows it’s not going to be easy.

Abilities: Hot Rod has limited flight abilities in robot mode thanks to the jets in his feet and the back mounted spoiler from his vehicle mode providing a lifting surface. He has a tri-barreled laser cannon on each arm, while Maxx transforms into a double barreled photonic eliminator rifle that can either be used as a hand weapon as well as mounting on Hot Rod’s hood in vehicle mode.

Weaknesses: Despite Hot Rod having faith in Firedrive's eventual development into a capable warrior, if he feels things are starting to go against them in battle, he will push Firedrive out of the driver's seat(as it were) and take over. Firedrive, being young and undisciplined, tends to fight everything Hot Rod wants to do. Their internal squabbling can hamper their effectiveness, even with Maxx trying to mediate.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642