Which characters are you still waiting for a good toy of?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

Re: Which characters are you still waiting for a good toy of?

Post by Denyer »

It's more or less the same with the Sparkabots/Sparkler Minibots, Triggerbots, etc.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/46100/

^ Fangry has just been done, probably as a Target exclusive. Hopefully people might part the sets out, although I could use a yellow Cliffjumper/Bumblebee as a base for a Throttlebot.

There's also a BW Ravage as a Pulsecon exclusive with the original, which suggests there might be a more regular release due to the retooling.

https://i.imgur.com/DNmNY2V.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/aBSkPrk.jpg
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The crowd of attention-hungry leakers on the bigger boards seem to be indicating that Ravage will get a regular release in 2022/23 some time, if I'm understanding right.

I'm glad they're making a Fangry but I'm really unimpressed that it's part of a $100+ store exclusive four-pack. Unlike Ravage, I'd be pretty shocked if it got a single release.

"Bumblebee. but it's actually just Hubcap with Bumblebee's head" is pretty hilarious, as if they're not going to spam the VW mold for all it's worth the second their exclusivity deal with Walmart expires. I'd bet a lot of these wind up wearing third-party Bumper heads, though honestly I'd be surprised if they didn't make an official toy of him too...
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The Ravage looks great, and I hope I can get one, but I want to see some physical reviews first. The only one out of the Buzzworthy Bumblebee pack I want is Fangry. I could see them doing all of these figures as Selects versions as well. I mean, other than Fangry, Hubcap/Bumblebee, and a toy accurate Blackarachnia…. Did anybody want a Nemesis Primal? Maybe me if I hadn’t found the Netflix version of Optimus Primal, but I could probably have gotten one cheaper off of eBay instead of shelling out 100+ for one figure I might have wanted and three I didn’t really care about.

I know one figure I want to get is the Kingdom Road Rage, but that’s supposedly going to be a Target exclusive as well. And the last time I looked in Target(last Wednesday) they didn’t have any Transformers at all. Just lots and lots of empty pegs. Maybe it’s not out yet?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Ravage's alt-mode isn't the best thing ever.

Nemesis Primal confuses me. Optimus is already mostly black, so the Nemesis scheme doesn't really seem like much of a change.

I'd also be up for some Road Rage, but those Target exclusives are really hit or miss up here. The Micromasters and Rainmakers were easy to find at Toys'R'Us, but Redwing and the Earthrise stuff either didn't show up at all or was super scarce. A Selects Loudpedal would be nice to see from that mold too.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

You're not kidding about his alt-mode. That's the worst looking cassette ever. :D

Kidding aside, I'm hoping all of those pics are of prototypes. I don't mind if they're going to give him a jaguar alt-mode, but he shouldn't have the fur patterning. It makes his head look kind of weird and his body look rough.

My idea for getting a Road Rage is keep trying Target's website, BBTS and eBay. I'll still probably get it that way for cheaper than getting a KO Masterpiece from China.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I'm more alarmed by the state of the reissue cassette Ravage that comes with him. It looks warped. Hopefully it's a factory error and not mold wear.
Nathrazul
Protoform

Post by Nathrazul »

Honestly with titans and WFC a lot of my wants have been met, I would like a MP Galvatron and i low-key want a figure of Death's head but otherwise I've gotten everything I've wanted lol
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

RE: Pretenders, possibly the Super7 Bludgeon will have sales figures that make Hasbro decide to go in on doing a few of the more recognisable ones, although I think it's more likely Super7 will keep doing one per wave if TF Ultimates continues. Pretenders could totally be done as Legends class figures transformed into a rectangular alt mode pressed into the back of a wide torso and keep articulation.

Saw this earlier and thought of discussion here and elsewhere with casual use of the term 'retooling' when talking about reusing design elements and CAD files --

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ZpcqYyWkc
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denyer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:38 pmRE: Pretenders, possibly the Super7 Bludgeon will have sales figures that make Hasbro decide to go in on doing a few of the more recognisable ones,
I've done my part to get their numbers up! I will definitely have forgotten about it by next fall when it finally releases, though.
Denyer wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:38 pmalthough I think it's more likely Super7 will keep doing one per wave if TF Ultimates continues.
Between Bludgeon and Banzaitron it does seem like they're interested in making a lot of old non-transforming designs. It's a really good format for characters like this. Wouldn't mind seeing stuff like Xaaron or Alpha Trion either, though the price point of the line means it'll be hard to talk myself into many of them. A nice Octopunch might convince me.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I'd possibly go for Octopunch and Stranglehold. It's not like the latter would ever get love from another company, whereas Super7 are just mad enough to try it. Not sure either has the wow factor -- mind you some/most of their other choices don't either -- and I'm happy enough with the voyager size alternatives I've already got; ROTF Bludgeon with 3P head, BotCon Octopunch and Stranglehold kitbashed from MOTUC parts (both with original helmets).

Bludgeon's an obvious crowd pleaser, and so would a Marvel US style Thunderwing be with matrix and energy effects. The particular draw of Bludgeon is he's about the right size and originals are now really damn expensive, and the same argument could be made for T-Wing.

Toy-Fu have done their own casting for ActionMaster Xaaron for this year's online TFN replacement, and I got an order in for that. I think there's a fairly compelling case for a Selects release using the TR Perceptor and TR Swoop release parts, since it works so well. Kind of bored with Alpha Trion by this point, there've been enough homages.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

The Bludgeon looks really good. So does their take on Tracks, although not nearly as good as Bludgeon.

Has anybody gotten any of their other figures? What's the quality like?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Not from the Ultimates line. They did pick up Thundercats and MOTU from Mattel with those lines' Classics releases, which seemed well received. They did "vintage" MOTU figures that have a lot of faults -- waxy plastic finish and somewhat brittle, dubious quality control, some don't stand up but did make the effort to include the spring-loaded waist and people liked the more cartoon oriented designs. They do 3.75" stylised ReAction figures of lots of properties. Their Primal Age and Savage World figures are MOTU vintage style but properties such as Thundercats, DC, etc and similar inflexible plastic issues as the MOTU ones. Basically, their products run the whole gamut from relatively cheap and cheerful to premium, and crap to expensive but pretty good quality. They're fans of stuff and experiment, use different factories and materials, etc.

They're very up front about their business model and answering questions. Various interviews on Pixel Dan's channel;

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... SuPh0sX-uJ

More relevant to your question;

"How Will Transformers ULTIMATES! figures articulate? Brian Flynn demonstrates with Voltron!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O98wvgiRNYU

Example of the ReAction stuff with G.I. Joe plus some Joes Ultimates figures;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYKb_U895Yg