TF The Last Knight - Nemesis Edit?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
nemesisprimed
Protoform

TF The Last Knight - Nemesis Edit?

Post by nemesisprimed »

Hi
I took some time and created a fan edit of The Last Knight, and wanted to see if you wanted to give it a look (not asking for promotion, just one fan to others). I'm finishing it now, and it should be ready over the weekend.

I think that I had the same feelings that many people did about this film. It felt like it wasn't the worst film, but it felt bulky or crammed with excessive information, characters, off-humor, side plots, etc.. I did my best to remove the excess and keep what I thought was the core. I'd love to know your thoughts.

Notes:
- Run time is 01:30:00 (reduced from 02:34:00)
- Removed the children
- Removed the Cuban / John Turturro scenes
- Removed the opening Arthurian scene
- Removed the angry physicist scenes

Other Notes:
I did what I could. I can't fix the dialog, I can't make the plot make more sense than it does, and I can't reshoot or add scenes. I moved some shots around the timeline to hopefully help the story make more sense. The movie is rife with parts that don't connect or create holes; editing this it has only revealed how poorly stitched together and paced it was. Don't get me wrong, there is some good acting and Bay definitely has command of large, expansive fight scenes, but there was something lacking.

I think that, if anything, this edit reveals the amount of filler in the movie. This isn't a perfect cut, but it would have allowed an extra hour for character development and plot development around the central theme instead of the hour devoted to sub plots and odd exposition in the original edit.

Let me know if you'd like to have a look, and I'll share a link when it's done tomorrow.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Fair play to you but I still couldn't sit through that ending again.
nemesisprimed
Protoform

Post by nemesisprimed »

Right, not great, but I removed the "Sting like a Bee" part among others. I also removed the blue robot, wally/r2d2 thing.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Sure, I'll give it a go. I saw it once in the theater, and honestly thought the runtime was close to four hours until I got out and checked the actual time.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Morbidly curious, and have just bought a copy of the actual film (plus Age of Extinction, which I'm not sure I can stand to re-watch) for pennies on eBay to tick the morality box.

Could you contact people who are interested rather than post material on a public forum? It is a current studio movie even if by most reports it's terrible.

Reminds me, I must watch the Northwest Passage edit of Twin Peaks at some point.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Denyer wrote:(plus Age of Extinction, which I'm not sure I can stand to re-watch)
Skip to the scene where they find Optimus in that cinema, press eject when he finishes speaking at Monument Valley, perfect edit. Hound killing hundreds of Decepticons in Hong Kong is a top action scene but not worth accidentally landing on, well, basically anything else if you're skipping through.

TLK... erm, well, grey temples actually kind of suit Josh Duhamel but I'd just Google Images that and be done with it. As Brend said around the release the decision to look at the previous four and go "everyone loves Optimus Prime and ridiculous OTT action, so let's cut those down to a minimum" is one of the most bizarre in a pretty weird franchise.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Obviously horses for courses, but that edit sounds like it cuts out most of my favourite bits. Not, most of the stuff related to the actual plot I could stand to lose.

I recorded a Podcast Maximus on the first Bay film last week (which you should all be hearing this weekend) and as part of my research I learnt Last Knight has twice as many editors as the 07 film despite only being ten minutes longer (a lot of which I suspect is made up by extra credits), suggesting a bit of a rush job.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Mitchell Foglesong
Protoform

Re: TF The Last Knight - Nemesis Edit?

Post by Mitchell Foglesong »

Would anyone happen to have a working link to this edit? It sounds pretty entertaining.