New Death's Head Limited Series

Including anime, manga and comics films.
Skyquake87
Protoform

New Death's Head Limited Series

Post by Skyquake87 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:50 pm

Quite stoked to see Death's Head is getting a shot at his own comic again over at Marvel.

This blurb nicked from Amazon's listing for the trade (due in December). First issue is due out end of July.

"Rising stars Tini Howard and Kei Zama take on Marvel UK's hottest character, Death's Head, in a new miniseries] When intergalactic mech merc Death's Head botches a job and wakes up half assembled at a punk show, he goes on a rampage. He's not the only one feeling broken down and obsolete, as former Young Avengers Wiccan and Hulkling are on the scene with a plan of their own. There's no way the best robot bounty hunter - oops, we mean 'freelance peacekeeping agent' - in this universe is getting taken down by a couple of C-list heroes still wearing their teenage tights. No, if anybody's gonna take out Death's Head, it's gonna be... Death's Head, yes? It's time for an upgrade - meet the adolescent new model who'll turn Death's Head's world upside down!"

Denyer
Custom Title: Shooty Dog Thing

Re: New Death's Head Limited Series

Post by Denyer » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:25 pm

Tentatively optimistic. :up:

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:28 pm

It's Zama, so visually it's going to rock.

Good or bad I assume it'll meet the fate of all comics with Death's Head in and not do quite well enough for any more, but it should be fun in and of itself.

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:27 pm

Yeah, I don't expect it sell massively well (and I suspect that as with Revolutionary War, it'll sell better over here, rather than in the US, where it matters), but it's nice that Marvel are giving him another go, after years of guest slots and cameos :)

...surprised he hasn't popped up in an issue of Deadpool, actually...