Questions about Beast Machines

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nathrazul
Protoform

Questions about Beast Machines

Post by Nathrazul »

It has been a while since I've seen it so I'm not sure if they address this or not, but I know Megatron's virus "killed" most of cybertron. Where were the other Autobots Such as Rodimus and the like, and what about Leo Convoy or is that a different timeline all together. I'm not sure if Rodimus is still the matrix holder at BM but i would like to know what is happening outside the normal cast.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Re: Questions about Beast Machines

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Going from memory here so bear with me.

Beast Machines is a continuation of Beast Wars which is set in the far flung future, long after the time of Rodimus et al. At the end of the western G1 cartoon, the Matrix is opened again to defeat the "Hate Plague" and is left empty -- to be refilled with Wisdom. There could be an argument made that this prompts the 'sparks' of life seen in BW as a replacement; this could be supported by Optimus Primal merging his spark with the Matrix in S3 of Beast Wars.

Lio Convoy comes from BW2 which is a Japan produced continuation of Beast Wars but isn't, I don't believe, officially recognised as part of the western continuity.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hasbro have made a few toys of Lio Convoy, so they acknowledge that he exists at the very least. And he was a pretty important character in IDW's Gathering and Ascending comics as well, but IDW wasn't very respectful of the Japanese shows and those books definitely didn't keep to the shows' canon.

Going strictly off of what was said on-screen in Beast Machines, Megatron has somehow manage to de-spark every Transformer everywhere, up to and including offworld colonies that he somehow managed to "recall" to Cybertron. That really doesn't sound practical or doable at all, but I understand why the writers of the show would want it that way -- it would have undermined the drama if tens of thousands of free Transformers were still running around off-world blissfully unaware of what Megatron was up to. So I guess "officially" Lio Convoy was probably just another of the millions of floaty sparks that Megatron kept crammed into a jar somewhere.

I don't think that a literal reading of the show on that point makes very much sense though, and the Matrix is a big reason why. If Megatron had it, it would have been a major plot point. It wasn't, so he must not have...but if he didn't then there was a full-fledged Prime at large somewhere in the universe and our heroes weren't quite as alone as they thought they were.
Nathrazul
Protoform

Post by Nathrazul »

Again I don't know if this is cannon or not but what about Primal Prime and the Wreckers (Who were the wreckers in that arc anyway?)
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Nathrazul wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:56 am Again I don't know if this is cannon or not but what about Primal Prime and the Wreckers (Who were the wreckers in that arc anyway?)
Primal Prime doesn't appear in the show. The closest is Megatron downloading his spark into a version of the TM2 Optimus Primal body minus the beast mode of course. The Wreckers don't appear in the show or even mentioned in the show. That version of the Wreckers only appeared in a convention comic.