Merry Christmas

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Shrapnel Clone

Merry Christmas

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

• Nice
    * All of you
Have a good one!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

More things change :)

Merry christmas everyone.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Good ol'Santa Warp...

I hope you all had a good one! We've been isolating for five days with COVID symptoms waiting for test results, but that means that my son and I have a lot of time to play with our new toys so its not all bad. :)
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Currently waiting for a govt announcement that there is no announcement because the prime minister is as usual putting his own political capital far ahead of public safety and anyone with non-covid hospital needs, unlike the other three govts in what's still somehow called the UK.

Sister's kids apparently liked the MOTU stuff, and my friend's son enjoyed the Loyal Subjects figures (if anyone's interested in these, A1 Toys in Glasgow still hasn't cleared wave 3 at 80% off and postage is minimal -- they must have really over-ordered, or taken a chance on something that hasn't sold at all).
Hound

Post by Hound »

Sadie bought me Castle Grayskull, He-Man and Evil Lynn.

We had family over and it was chaos but pleasant. Pleasant chaos... yes.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Hound wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:41 pm Sadie bought me Castle Grayskull, He-Man and Evil Lynn.
The temptation every time I see it in a store is overwhelming. One of my earliest childhood memories is seeing that castle up on a shelf waiting for me one Christmas morning.
HotdogDivebomb 2.0
Protoform

Post by HotdogDivebomb 2.0 »

Still not sure why they thought this attempt to relaunch would be more successful than any of the previous half-dozen attempts to market it to anyone who isn't either a legacy fan or descended from one, but hey ho.

Merry Seasonalities to all, btw.
Clay

Post by Clay »

It's a good thing Pumpkin comes with two sets of rings because those lights aren't coming off, lol.

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

HotdogDivebomb 2.0 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:12 pm Still not sure why they thought this attempt to relaunch would be more successful than any of the previous half-dozen attempts to market it to anyone who isn't either a legacy fan or descended from one, but hey ho.
It's worked out for them. Origins (which is heading towards half of the 80s figures covered already plus vehicles and sets), Masterverse, Netflix MOTU, construction toy sets, minis, all sorts of licensed tat. They got eight waves out of WWE crossover figures.

Apparently 40+ is the new 20-39 as far as Mattel is concerned.
Hound

Post by Hound »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:58 am The temptation every time I see it in a store is overwhelming. One of my earliest childhood memories is seeing that castle up on a shelf waiting for me one Christmas morning.
It wasn't something I expected but it was very welcome. It's very much like the original Castle Grayskull but scaled up a fair bit. It's not going to blow your mind as a playset but will scratch that nostalgia itch.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I've got the customised front half of a vintage Grayskull and before giving the Origins one to nephews it seemed the same, which this comparison review seems to back up, it's just the proportions are different and the original has a more thrown together organic look.

Mattel then managed to upset people by giving the exclusive almost-fully-tooled spacesuit/robot, ghost and dungeon grille with tentacle monster as an exclusive to Power-Con. I assume the spacesuit mould will show up again somewhere further down the line.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Shrapnel Clone wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:54 am
  • Nice
    * All of you
Have a good one!
You bet your ass I was nice. I'm always nice.

Well, now. Okay, I'M USUALLY NICE. But if the situation calls for it, I can be something other than nice. There.

Anyway.

I got a sewing machine! Which sounds lame but I make things and had been eyeing one up for quite awhile, so it was perfect. And I stuffed my own stocking with cheap shit because I spent all the Christmas money on other people and Hound didn't have enough to do it for me, yaaaaayyyy. But spending money to get things other people will like is what I like best about the holidays so I don't really think I missed out. \o/

I hope it was all good for everyone. Covid is stupid. The End.