My son has hooked me back in

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Dinobot

My son has hooked me back in

Post by Dinobot »

Hey guys, I used to post here regularly in the early 2000s, I was a bit of an idiot but I was young. I was a huge collector of TFs but life and beginning a family/financial pressures forced me to set the old hobby aside and part with my collection. My 8 year old son has discovered TFs and he got a few figures for Christmas. I checked out the War For Cybertron series on Netflix and I think it's awesome. Today my son was spending his Christmas money on some new TFs and I couldn't resist picking myself up a Nemesis Prime. Anyway, how's it going?
Clay

Re: My son has hooked me back in

Post by Clay »

A few of us are still here, keeping the candle burning. Welcome back!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Following MOTU more the last year or two than TFs, particularly since the comics for the latter wandered off into irrelevance. I've got versions of most of the TFs I'm bothered about from some good runs with 3P or latterly Hasbro getting around to doing later era characters. Collecting's background wallpaper for the most part -- almost literally, apart from those two franchises I've just got general retro stuff decorating tops of shelves, etc. Mostly things I've re-acquired that I have particularly strong memories of.

Hope everyone's okay in your neck of the woods.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Denyer wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:18 am Following MOTU more the last year or two than TFs, particularly since the comics for the latter wandered off into irrelevance. I've got versions of most of the TFs I'm bothered about from some good runs with 3P or latterly Hasbro getting around to doing later era characters. Collecting's background wallpaper for the most part -- almost literally, apart from those two franchises I've just got general retro stuff decorating tops of shelves, etc. Mostly things I've re-acquired that I have particularly strong memories of.

Hope everyone's okay in your neck of the woods.
Hey Stu, all is good, I'm a 37 year old married man with 8 year old twin boys and life is great. I was reading back through my old posts and cringing at how obnoxious I was, I thought I knew it all. Hope is good with you old friend.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Welcome back Dinobot!

We were all young, naive and "cringe"

that's a term that young 'uns use nowadays innit,yeah
Hound

Post by Hound »

Speak for yourself! I am and always have been cool, witty, clever and intelligent.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I don't think anyone still here is holding any old grudges. The minority of people who haven't let go interpersonal things that happened 20+ years ago are the ones to watch out for going on killing sprees. As the adage goes, living well is the best revenge anyway.

We've got a lot of pets and are fairly settled. Could've done without most of the last couple of years, but I think the same goes for everyone.
Sades

Post by Sades »

o/
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

How is it going Dinobot?
jimtr
Protoform

Post by jimtr »

Dinobot wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:40 pm Hey guys, I used to post here regularly in the early 2000s, I was a bit of an idiot but I was young. I was a huge collector of TFs but life and beginning a family/financial pressures forced me to set the old hobby aside and part with my collection. My 8 year old son has discovered TFs and he got a few figures for Christmas. I checked out the War For Cybertron series on Netflix and I think it's awesome. Today my son was spending his Christmas money on some new TFs and I couldn't resist picking myself up a Nemesis Prime. Anyway, how's it going?
Hi Dinobot. I'm a new member here, but I'm an old collector of TFs ;)

Something similar happened in my life, with the only difference being that my daughter doesn't know anything about TF :laugh:

I think everyone will agree with me, family comes first, so spending money on a hobby can be welcomed if the financial condition is in order.
Astrology is something magical. I recently found a post about March 5 zodiac sign (by the way, about me) and read so much truth that I was surprised.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:54 pm How is it going Dinobot?
Going well, hectic life with this kids, what about yourself?
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Dinobot wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:07 pm
Cyberstrike nTo wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:54 pm How is it going Dinobot?
Going well, hectic life with this kids, what about yourself?
I'm surviving.