I'm bored and I want to post stuff.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

I'm bored and I want to post stuff.

Post by Sades »

What should I do?

... This is the perfect post.

HI HOUND ILURVEYOU :smack:
Hound

Re: I'm bored and I want to post stuff.

Post by Hound »

Hello Hon, I love you as well.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

So post stuff then. Or don't. I'm not your boss.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Someone mentioned in a tweet today that IDW is losing the Transformers licence. No idea if its true & when its going to happen, haven't bothered searching the information superhighway, just thought I'd mention it here in your 'wanting to post stuff' thread.

I swore off TF comics after IDW buried MTMTE/Lost Light, which is really annoying because I gave the first Lost Light story arc another read (the one where they travel to the functionist universe), and if you read it all in one go its really very good. It felt disjointed when we had to wait for it fortnightly but its good as a TPB.

[Edit]: Just had a look around on-line and IDW aren't confirming the story yet. All other articles appear to be a copy of the text from the Bleeding Cool news.
Last edited by Auntie Slag on Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HotdogDivebomb 2.0
Protoform

Post by HotdogDivebomb 2.0 »

Yeah the Hasbro licence in general is up for renewal as far as I'm aware.

If IDW do lose it I wouldn't mind it getting picked back up by Marvel, but that's only because I want reprints of Micronauts and Rom.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

All this licensing and rights stuff; do you think Hasbro will ever get the chance to give toys back their original names without the painful 'Autobot' prefix, like the way you pick up a modern box and it says 'Autobot Hound' or 'Autobot Gregor Fisher', its really tiresome. Not Covid or mass genocide tiresome... entitled tiresome.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Once they've started (and it makes no earthly difference to whether a character gets a figure) it's probably easier to keep rolling forward the renewal. Unless they get a chance to snatch something otherwise fairly generic they can use across multiple brands, or which is a matter of someone's personal honour -- to a certain extent it's a game a diminishing number of viable toy companies play in legal departments.

No idea what IDW are doing these days. Suspect neither do they. Saw a preview for the last Wreckers series and promptly forgot about it. And that King Grimlock series... if the other books are scraping the barrel just as much, it's been over for a long time and just hasn't caught up with them.
I swore off TF comics after IDW buried MTMTE/Lost Light, which is really annoying because I gave the first Lost Light story arc another read (the one where they travel to the functionist universe), and if you read it all in one go its really very good. It felt disjointed when we had to wait for it fortnightly but its good as a TPB.
Tried re-reading it in chunks at the time and couldn't get into the alt-universe stuff, even before the Hasbroverse crossover bollocks. It's easier to treat the book as having been cancelled after MTMTE, which in a sense it was.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I forgot this is what passes for fun around here, somehow.

(somehow forgot, not somehow passes for fun).
Unicron wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:24 pm So post stuff then. Or don't. I'm not your boss.
WORD
Bumblebeefan6648
Protoform
Custom Title: Fan of Bumblebee and Arcee

Post by Bumblebeefan6648 »

Quick question is it possible that in some versions of transformers Bumblebee appears to show signs of ADHD?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I hate feeling restlesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Bumblebeefan6648 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:29 am Quick question is it possible that in some versions of transformers Bumblebee appears to show signs of ADHD?
Probably not intentionally?