Elementals

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Axe
Protoform

Elementals

Post by Axe »

Background:

Also a great joke in the third and fourth post:

Hi thread

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

What is the ultimate aim of this thread?

I would like for us to picture leaders as being good. I would like for us to picture leaders as not being:

a) really bad

b) bad

c) a little bit good

But even better than just a little bit good:
Axe wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:26 pm [...] leaders can be a force for good; they can even be doorways to peace!

The aims are too high, but anything is possible. The movie that I referenced in the thread below isn't about leaders, but I feel good about it because of its aspect of the struggle for peace.

Its a small step, but hopefully we might do more in the future, God willing.

Denyer wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:12 pm [...] some of the corrupt politicians in this country [...] are more than a little out of touch and people don't forget.
We can have some fun with the theme of dog-eat-dog world and also bubble worlds and even pocket universes.

With the last video, we can turn a bit to the theme of not-bad leaders.

Bad leaders are not good leaders. Man... that's an HVGN sort of joke, but I really don't want to digress here. Unfortunately, we can only look at the aspect that: bad is bad. :)

We can compare leadership to recording a music video.

This segment is going to be a long read, so you can easily skip this segment and the next two, start from "From the Hi thread [...]" -- you can watch everything except the very last video and the two segments before it: try to not read "From football I learned that there is a country [...]" after the link to the other thread. I havn't really thought about this: you can then start again from this segment (possibly the begining of the thread) and possibly also watch all the videos again, and then read the last segments and watch the last video.

In the first part of the last video, he mentions a famous music video. Imagine if your music video's quality is way below gold record and you keep indicating its simply on par with gold record quality.

Umm, its not exactly "keep indicating" behaviour, but only a single shot of incredibly strong indication behaviour with the name drop. He only does the name drop thing once (high intensity), but bad leaders steadily maintain this horrible behaviour (less intensity) throughout their long tenure.

A mistake, like if the volume were to suddenly drop, is totally a no-no for a quality music video. Imagine if you set out with a really low goal. The leader thinks: okay, 4 mistakes is too bad; but managing to bring it down to 1 mistake, that's gold record quality right there.

Then there is something connected to politicians not being aware of common people's problems. If one drops from good wages to being only slightly above minimum wages, a large drop in quality or even possible problems are to be expected. It's funny to see surprise when the drop in wages is actually bigger than this.

Finnaly there is a good scene to offset the racist sort of tone. Asian people are hardworking and skilled. My comment for the scene: if that is not a power move, I don't know what is. :)

This is the actual, chronological sequence:

A) Mistake

B) Name Drop

C) Power Move

D) Drop in Wages

I just realized, if one doesn't know the famous song's name it might be a bit of a problem of not being 100% certain when the name drop occurs. Don't worry, he mentions the name of the video again near 1:45.

From the Hi thread:

The (full) impression that I mention below is later on in the other thread, after the movie reference I talked about earlier that has an aspect of the strugle for peace:

Let's go for a first impression of Steven He. First a snippet, then a full impression, God willing.

Actually, this will be two snippets, a full impression, and then a bonous video: the "last video" that I talked about in detail above -- and there will be three non-Steven He videos too, God willing.

Steven He does Chinese Dad acting. Here, two themes are used:

a) Always telling your kid (or others) they are failing compared to more succesful people.

b) Knockoffs... and knockoffs being bad.

Why two snippets instead of one? I realized I was pulling from another video of the same series. This other video has much more dramatic reactions, while the original that I had in mind has its strength in the sequence of products I feel.

The music in the two snippets is the same... but... the dramatic reactions video has an additional reverberating thud: a bit of "mind blown" sort of effect! Maybe its only because the music is a bit louder (not sure), but I think most of the thud in the very begining is missing too.

The "full impression" video is Naruto themed. Unfortunately this might be the only video... that is (exactly) like this (I guess) by Steven He; I'm not sure.

Let us try to be creative with the title. ;)

Steven He Productions present:

An Elemental in China

How do we drink water?

We attack a bunch of water elementals and then we can have ourselves a drink of water, right? No? Yeah, that would be too much fun.

In Streets of Rage (and maybe some other brawlers), you keep attacking enemies until you find some chicken to fill up your life bar.

Want some "riduculous much?" How about some "much much much riduculous"?

The video below: Its extremely cold outside IIRC. He's warming up in the begining -- at 0:35 he suggests melted shoe: what he ate earlier. I think the other guy tried it earlier and hated it.

0:00-2:10, rest is a bit reference-y:

The Gold Rush (Charlie Chaplin, 1925): Excerpt 2: the chicken

Knockoff! (thud and louder music)

0:00-0:19, rest is a reference:

When Everything is Off Brand

I saw several episodes of Naruto after university on Cartoon Network.

Don't know about chakras, but its good to boost and regulate your chi.

Different chakras for different development potential. Not sure if there is a throat chakra, but working on it could help you with all things related to communication, possibly.

Good to have a snack... good to have a snack that helps you to walk faster!

0:00-0:13, rest is a reference:

When Everything is Off Brand 6

Still a while till we get to the Naruto themed video...

The whole video below is important, not just the little bit that I focus on. Well, 0:00-0:38 is still relatively less important.

I want to put four superheroes in an ascending sequence of power. The second guy can fight and has a more powerful form. I guess I want to take Terry Bogard to be more powerful for now, so that I can fit him in the sequence as the third guy: a substitute for the second guy's more powerful form.

Clark Kent, Sketch Turner, Terry Bogard, and Superman:

Sketch Turner:

At 0:58-1:00:

Yeah... Never good when you are having one of those days!!

Clouds are moving: air elementals. It's raining a bit: water elementals.

Just ordinary elementals; nothing to worry about.

A bit of lightning. Elementals are acting up!

Still... just ordinary elementals; nothing to worry about.

ARGH!! Not ordinary elementals!!

Comix Zone (Sega Genesis / Mega Drive) Intro

Sketch Turner in his super form does his super move; not sure what he says, but I'm calling it:

Power Blast!

Why? Instead of Hadoken, Terry Bogard has Power Wave. In this version, it looks like fire running across the floor.

Don't know what another one of Terry's moves is, but here we go!

Punch the Coronavirus!!

Because of Football, I came to know of the country called Ivory Coast.

We can get even more basic: there is that country called Greenland. Bet you can get all your vegitables there real cheap. :)

One can hope the folks there are normal, and not... you know... giants...

Product

:D What if there was a place called Wheatfield? :D

There might even be wheat elementals there, ha ha.

This brings us to someone who seems to be living in his own bubble world.

A corn elemental -- more specifically, a Beijing Corn Elemental:

0:00-1:15; rest is a little less important, and a little off-topic with regard to what I wrote:

Beijing Corn: Taste Failure