Are there rules from hasbro that Optimus and Megaton were friends, who the thirteenth were as well as other ones?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Are there rules from hasbro that Optimus and Megaton were friends, who the thirteenth were as well as other ones?

Post by Starsaberdub »

Is it also a rule that Optimus was the one that removed the Allspark from cybertron in transformers lore?
Clay

Re: Are there rules from hasbro that Optimus and Megaton were friends, who the thirteenth were as well as other ones?

Post by Clay »

Depends on the continuity, I guess. I think with the Prime cartoon, they had made a concerted push to get the background nailed down and consistent, but it seems they've backed off from that since then. That said, the thirteen idea seems to stay the same since it's so far removed from the active stories.

I haven't watched the Earthspark show, but I guess the Optimus/Megatron being friends angle is back to what writers want to do with it in a given series.
Denyer

Re: Are there rules from hasbro that Optimus and Megaton were friends, who the thirteenth were as well as other ones?

Post by Denyer »

As noted on the wiki, Hasbro have (quite sensibly) given up on the "one Unicron in all universes" idea because of too many inconsistencies and there may be different Thirteens (or none) in different universes. Multiversal singularity is something that sounds cool (to some audiences) rather than being practical from a narrative point of view.