Was the Power of the Primes Toyline cut short and if so why and what else was planned?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Starsaberdub
Protoform

Was the Power of the Primes Toyline cut short and if so why and what else was planned?

Post by Starsaberdub »

Does anyone here know?
Denyer

Re: Was the Power of the Primes Toyline cut short and if so why and what else was planned?

Post by Denyer »

There might be a specific gimmick for some lines, but Hasbro thinks more in terms of retail periods. Any complete designs that don't get used in a particular period just get shoehorned into a future line.
Warcry

Re: Was the Power of the Primes Toyline cut short and if so why and what else was planned?

Post by Warcry »

I don't think POTP was cut short. The entire line leaked towards the end of Titans Return and it was always intended to only run three or four waves. It felt short at the time because the lines before it tended to run for six to eight waves, and I do remember some speculation that the final waves had been axed. But in retrospect I think it just represented a change in Hasbro's strategy for the line -- all the Genereations lines since have been quite short, between three and five waves. The quick refreshes probably make it easier to keep the product stocked at retailers, since there's a new wave 1 every year.