How are Fortress Maximus and Scorponok preferred: Ginats or just big robots?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Starsaberdub
Protoform

How are Fortress Maximus and Scorponok preferred: Ginats or just big robots?

Post by Starsaberdub »

How are they preferred as toys and in comics as well as other fiction ?
Warcry

Re: How are Fortress Maximus and Scorponok preferred: Ginats or just big robots?

Post by Warcry »

The comics tend to prefer them smaller, which makes sense because the artists need to fit them on the page with regular-sized characters. It's hard to draw a dynamic panel of Fortress Maximus if all you can fit on the page is his shin while keeping the rest of the characters visible! It's a lot easier to make them huge in a cartoon, where you can move the "camera" in and out a lot more easily.

Toy-wise, honestly, I think there's room for both? People who had the original toys will understandably gravitate more towards Titan-class figures of the characters. Japanese fans, likewise. Folks who mainly know the characters from the Marvel or IDW comics would probably be more interested in Leader or Commander-sized figures.

Personally, the Zeta Toys Fort Max that come out a few years ago was pretty close what I wanted from the characters size-wise...about the size of an old Leader, big enough to look BIG alongside the mainline toys we've got of the other 1987 guys but still small enough to interact with them.
Denyer

Re: How are Fortress Maximus and Scorponok preferred: Ginats or just big robots?

Post by Denyer »

I'd totally go for a 3P Iron Factory "Lord Scorpion" blown up to TR Powermaster Prime scale --

https://tformers.com/iron-factory-if-ex ... /news.html

And that one and the Zeta Fort Max work well at Worlds Smallest Transformer scale with some of the small TR and PotP figures. Bit too dark at the moment to get a half-decent photo, but I've got them on a cabinet shelf with the guardian robot version of that 3P WFC Omega Supreme.