Rest In Peace, Jerry Springer. (1944 - 2023)

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

Rest In Peace, Jerry Springer. (1944 - 2023)

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

Oh yeah, I have a lot of fond memories of Jerry Springer. I remember when he first started out, he had a lot of those ignorant guys who were involved in those racist and anti-Semitic cults like the Ku Klux Klan and America's Nazi Party - such as Gordon Parks, Jeff Berry, Tom Metzger, Arthur Jones, Jack Grimes, JD Adler, Reverend Lombardy, Matthew Hale, etc. His show eventually delved into other topics; he did 1 or 2 shows on GWAR - the legendary punk metal band hailing from the RVA USA (My Hometown!) - and that little kid who was a diehard fan of them and then there was that other episode entitled "My Teen Worships Satan", the show about that young fellow getting involved in a local Satanic cult and fighting his Mother. What was so ironic about that particular show was that his girlfriend was a CHRISTIAN (?!?!). Another interesting episode of Jerry Springer that I'm still trying to see was that one about that old Barney The Purple Dinosaur and his Archenemy - that other character whose name I forget. (He made a quick reference to the Crips and the Bloods Street Gangs.) What really made that episode interesting was when that Preacher Guy came on the show's panel and started ranting and raving about Barney being the AntiChrist and all of that stuff; I didn't even get a chance to see the rest of that show after that. There was also that Golden Moment where the late Rodney Dangerfield made an appearance on that show and had everybody rolling. Yeah, there were a lot of other more controversial shows that I liked, but they were simply too raunchy for me 2 bring up here on this Message-Board Forum. Not only do I miss Jerry Springer's old shows but I also miss Geraldo Rivera's old talk show episodes (He's still alive, from what I know!), the Late Morton Downey, Jr. Show and Night Stand With Dick Dietrick (or however one spells his name). Those were the Good 'Ol Days of Trashy Talk Television then, when the subject matter was diverse, shocking (as it was supposed to be) and interesting. Nowadays, we have a few certain talk shows that almost exclusively deal with that boring and repetitious Babydaddy And Babymama Drama. (What a WASTE of airtime; I don't understand why so many people waste their own time being concerned and/or entertained with that foolishness.) However though, that's Life and I realize that I just gotta move on. Final Thoughts: Until next time, take good care of yourselves and each other. RIP Forever, Jerry Springer. (Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry!). :sick: :eek: :( :angel:
:devil: Image :angel: