[Original RPG] Invasion pt. 1: The Conquest: Earth

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

"Fortress Maximus launch!" Optimus Prime commanded. The engines of Fortress Maximus roared to life. It thrust in the atmosphere and as it lifted off it left Earth.

"To Cybertron."
Dodge
Protoform

Post by Dodge »

Dodge walked almost mindlessly through autobot city when he found it almost empty he radio'd his master.
"Master Insecticon the autobot earth base is almost empty Prime is not here."
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

*Galvatron waited and watched with the bulk of his force in tow...the time to hit earth was now. He waited, as they had in 2005, for the shuttle that would bring them to Earth. At last it arrived.

Galvatron: "Skywarp, teleport to this section of the autobot shuttle, as soon as you materialize, blast the sensor section and teleport back."

Skywarp did so, and hit the sensors with such ferocity that in an instant all Autobot scanners and radar went dead.

Inside the shuttle:

Pointblank: "What the...Roadrage, give me report on this...Diver, keep us steady...I don't like the feel of this."

*An instant later, the emergency hatch is ripped open and Decepticons pour into the shuttle.

Pointblank: "Galvatron! Autobots...defensive positions!"

Galvatron: "Die Autobots"

Diver moves to the left firing on the Cons, hitting Galvatron several times, Galvatron responds by transforming into his cannon mode and firing a single shot which vaporizes Diver...some of the other Decepticons begin to smirk at Starscream. Roadrage had taken the right flank only to run into Skywarp and Thundercracker who fired some 25 shots before the Autobot could get off a single shot. All that remined was Pointblank...who began to fire away but soon found himself out gunned. Galvatron charged and caught him by surprise knocking his nebulon counterpart from his hand.

Galvatron: "yield...or die..."

Pointblank: "Never!" Pointblank kicked Galvatron in the face, and the Decepticon leader replied with a single close range blast to the chest, Pointblank slumped to the ground."

Galvatron turned to Cyclonus: "And you thought this would be difficult?"
Prowl G1
Protoform

Post by Prowl G1 »

The radar scope jumped alive and Prowl turned to face his leader.

"Optimus I'm detecting two cruiser on scope. One friendly, and one not so friendly. Should I set a course to intercept?"

Prowl waited to carry out Prime's orders.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Cyclonus: "When did I say this would be difficult? Are we attacking Metroplex or did we steal this shuttle just to sell it on Ebay?"
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Galvatron turned to Cyclonus.

Galvatron: "When did you program yourself a sense of humor?"

Galvatron watched as his decepticons re-sealed the hatch and tossed the Autobot crew to the back of the shuttle. He looked around. He had his seekers, Cyclonus, Scourge, The Predacons, Sixshot, Scorponok, and Reflector, with the rest still preparing Trypticon for the attack on the EDF or planning the covert strike on Cybertron. All was going exactly as planned.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

In space, further up the course to Cybertron...

Freon watched the battle unfold as the handful of Autobots made their way to his cruiser. What a waste of time for these garbage collections.

But then, wasting time was the point here. All concentration from the shuttle and these few warrior-wannabe's was focused on his Decepticon group. No one would even notice the Decepticons slipping past and on its way to Earth, within a stolen Autobot ship.

Not that they needed to cover it up with their--what was that term the fleshies used?--Trojan Horse.

"Captain," one of his Decepticon crew uttered, "we have an incoming torpedo on silent approach. Looks like a personal-equip."

light-duty... "Shoot it down."

The turret on the ship's nose fired at the small projectile, hitting it on the first shot. Before a fiery eruption could be seen, a brilliant flash filled the viewscreen. The bridge crew winced as the black of space went all white. The gunners continued to fire even though they had no targets.

The screen stayed a haze of bright light, but Freon's optics adjusted. That's when he saw the silhouette of a small ship jetting towards the bridge. Before he could give an order, it spun quickly and converted to a robotic form, still a black shadow against the fading white background.

"There, target ahead! Fire!"

But the gunners still hadn't completely adjusted and missed every shot. The figure grew nearer at a high rate of speed. Straight for the viewport.

"He's going to collide!" Freon panicked, ducking out of the way...

---------
---------

At the last moment, Noktaraus pulled up and skimmed the surface of the ship, heading for the engine nacelles all aranged on the direct rear of the craft. Laser fire still tried to track him, but he was too low to the ship's hull for the turrets to get to him, those that were recovering their site. Noktaraus ignited his arched blade and prepared.

"Be ready, I'm almost there!" Noktaraus could see the other three getting into position past the sides of the ship. While most guns were tracking Noktaraus, the others weren't being completely ignored. They were forced into various dodges and weaves from turretfire.

Then he came up on the target's engine section. This is the second blade I'll lose today... Noktaraus hurled it into the central bank of the engine plumes. It stuck about eight meters from the white blasts of engine heat as the shields caught it. The whole section surrounding the blade sizzled and fluctuated.

"Now!" Noktaraus yelled as he pulled straight up. The others rounded the ship and transformed to their robot modes. Flying past the ship but facing backwards, they poured on the laserfire. Talis fired his warheads while Amraam blasted away with his rifles. They all knew this model warship. It had a slight problem with its rear shielding, as the projector wells hadn't been designed to handle the intense heat and radiant energy from the mass of engines all in one tight cluster. Too much energy drawn from one location would leave the rest of the shielding in that area far too weak to handle firepower.

Sure enough, the laser blasts flew through, the missiles and other projectiles burst through sudden spasms of energy mere meters from the ship's hull before impacting with the engines. The active blade finally gave and exploded, but it was too late. One engine exploded suddenly, while the two surrounding it flickered and died. The furthest engine from the collapse automatically shut down to compensate. A moment later, one of the central engines blew out in a small explosion. The remaining two engines held, but it would not be enough momentum to allow them to pursue their shuttle.

With the mess finally dying out, and far less energy disruption from the engines, the projector wells came on full strength. Rifle blasts deflected harmlessly, and missiles exploded against the invisible barrier.

"The task is done, let's head in," Noktaraus called. Easier said than done, the turrets were thirsty for mechfluid and began pummeling the space the Autobots took.

"We're too close! They'll tear us up!" Talis flew out as fast as he could. Tal'Noktaraus converted to flight mode and started making distance. They would have to fly away before they could fly back to the shuttle. Laser and plasma energy streamed up after them all. Pale green and yellow reflected off their hulls as they flew, dodging what they could.

A bright flash went off from Noktaraus' starboard side. He figured what had happened, but there was no time to look. It was taking everyone's own concentration to avoid being pegged; one hit from those batteries could take each of them out.

Finally, the laser fire thinned out as they made distance. Noktaraus afforded to slow speed and let the others pass him by. He noted that Amraam wasn't in the group.

He transformed and turned around, continuing to fly out. A piece of debris caught his attention, and he zoomed his optic lenses in on it. A wing floated in space, the portion of hull that had blown off with it cooled in the middle of being liquified on its sides. The Autobot insignia on the far part of the wing confirmed what Noktaraus knew. As Amraam's wing flew across the view of the Decepticon ship, Noktaraus turned towards the shuttle some distance away--his other two flyers ahead of him.
Hun-Grrr

Post by Hun-Grrr »

Trypticon was waiting for Galvatron's orders behind Earth's only moon. His huge frame was hidden by cloaking device that the Constructicons had built for him.

"Scapper... are you sure that all of these new equipment installed to me will work when needed?" Trypticon asked through his internal speakers.

"Now you're questioning my skills Trypticon. Of course they'll work. I tested them with Hook and Mixmaster dozens of times before installing and after that too. Trust me, everything will work fine. The only question is whether Galvatron's plan works or not." Scrapper said and shrugged his shoulders.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Starscream turned to Galvatron and said, "Well, almighty leader, let's put on some speed! Surprise is the key element!"

And deep inside the holding chambers of Fortress Maximus....

Optitron raised his fist once again and rammed it into the door of his holding cell. It had no effect. The frustrated would-be leader of the Decepticons slumped against the wall, retracing the steps of the past few days to see exactly where he had gone wrong. His weapons deactivated and his powers drained, even breaking free of the Autobots' chamber would be a tremendous task. Optitron pictured others in command of his Decepticons and he shuddered. He sat back and waited, biding his time until escape would be possible....
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

The shuttle came to a landing pad over iacon, slowly comming to rest... Jinrai was the first to exit, glancing about, seeing the fliers up above, engaged in combat with the decepticon forces... "Autobots, transform... and roll for vector sigma!" Jinrai transformed, flooring the throttle, charging down a ramp into the labrynth where the super computer was located.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Galvatron smirked at Starscream:

Galvatron: "Why it seems we agree...why don't you take the comm and bring us in? Notify me when we are within striking distance of Autobot City."

Gigatron looked up in shock.

Gigatron: "You're letting the traitor bring us in?"

Galvatron: "Consider this his initiation into the new order. When we are close enough, Skywarp...you and Thundercracker teleport into Metroplex's main control room...take out his transformation cog and primary systems...then teleport back at the same time we will begin the attack..."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

"Finally, I get to show what I can do..." Thundercracker thought as he watched Starscream take point.

Skywarp moved toward Thundercracker "you okay?" he asked noticing that he was somewhat silent. "yeah" muttered Thundercracker watching Starscream's every move "just fine"

"right......." Skywarp stood aside Gigatron "what's the matter, got no faith in us?"
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Gigatron looked at Skywarp:

Gigatron: "It is not your skills that I lack faith in but the motivations of your seeker brother that I find troubling. Starscream has not yet fully earned my trust...I am confident that you shall deliver us the advantage that we need."
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Thundercracker overheard their conversation

Starscream is no brother of mine. Only by design

"Excellent I'm glad you know who to trust and who not to trust" Thundercracker explained to Gigatron "you're not the only one wary of his 'intentions'."
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Starscream turned to face Gigatron, Skywarp and Thundercracker and shouted, "Silence on the brig, you dolts! Your commander orders it!"

He then turned forward and said authoritatively, "Decepticons, maintain readiness to strike..."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Back on Charr Fearmaker returns from his mission.
"Excellent!" Hatemunger smiled.
"Aerialcons Stealth ready yourselves for battle!" Hatemunger started to charge himself fully.
"We leave for Cybertron now to help our Decpticon brothers to regain our homeland!"
"Yes sir!" Skyblade yelled.
"Hmm wonder what I can steal this time?" Stealth thought storing his energy blades.
The other Aerialcons transformered into there jet forms and were ready for luanch. Steath rode in Skyblade.
"If we are ready then let's go destroy the Autobots forever!" Hatemunger and his troops took to the sky.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Two Autobot flyers Transformed and landed on Iacon near their respective shuttle. Tal'Noktaraus--with one of the woundered Autobots from the battle in tow--came in a little slower. He transformed and rested the fellow to the ground.

"All right, inside and to the med section."

"See where Jinrai went with the group?" Talis asked.

"Northward, and down ramp El-See-twenty. Right for Vector Sigma. We'll catch up later. Right now, let's get him inside and tended to..."
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ignition watched what was happening on Cybertron with growing anger. She hopped onto the next unoccupied seat and began fiddling with controls.

"What?! Of course we have to intercept, Prowl!! Frag! I think something's wrong with communications... let's go!! Our guys are going to be getting their chassis kicked and we're just sitting here!!"
Prowl G1
Protoform

Post by Prowl G1 »

Prowl turned sharply on Ignition, who for all he was concerned was out of line.

"Its not your call Ignition, and you don't have the capability to man that terminal. I suggest you return to your previous seats and let Optimus Prime make the decision. Now go sit down before you draw the Decepticon's attention to us."

He didn't offer her a suggestion, it was more of a command. He didn't want to bring the rookie along because of her reckless nature. It had to be more than obvious now to Optimus Prime. Prowl fixed the errors Ignition had entered and brought them back on course to Cybertron, and looked to his leader as he had yet to answer his previous question.

"Optimus?"
Philcom
Protoform

Post by Philcom »

Optimus thought for a moment, "We need to get to Cybertron, but that ship may need our help." Optimus thought for a while longer, "Change course to intercept those ships. Hopefully it won't take too long."

Maximus changed it course and neared the two ships, Optimus hailed the ships. "This is Optimus Prime, enimey ship, break your run or we will open fire."