[Original RPG] End Of Days: Chapter 1 - Out of Time (Earth)

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Metrotitian slowed to a stop, the deadly gaint standing still where he started to move.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

(grrr....joint post...damage control!)

Galvatron sneered as he looked up at Metrotitan. He could tell that the power was wearing down.

Sixshot: "good thing we hadn't powered him up fully!"

Galvatron smacked him in the head: "Moron! they obviously initiated some sort of override. They don't have the power to keep it in the dominant status for too long however..."

Galvatron removed the matrix from his chest compartment.

Galvatron: "Sixshot, Scorponok must still be inside Metrotitan. Find where this imbalance is and go to his central neural net. The Metroplex persona must be a residual effect, the autobots would never just leave Metroplex's personality to us."

Sixshot: "And my having the matrix will do what exactly?"

Galvatron: "ARG!!! Simply place the matrix in contact with the neural net and it will interface...this should flush the system. Find any energon reserves left in the area and give Metrotitan enough power to begin functioning, have him delete and residuals of Metroplex...then see that he is fully charged. Until then...we have a failsafe."

Galvatron turned towards Metrotitan and pushed one of the buttons on his commlink. Scorponok realizing what the code was, reconnected the secondary power grid that he had been working on and initiated transformation sequence, slowing metrotitan back into city mode.

galvatron: "Go!"

Sixshot flew to Scorponok quickly and the pair made their way to the central neural net.

Scorponok: "Galvatron was right for a change...the Autobots only allowed a temporary interface, but it looks like they were trying to fry Metrotitan out in the process..."

Sixshot: "Here..."

Scorponok: "The matrix? I can't open it!"

Sixshot: "I realize that you don't have the fingers for the slots..."

Scorponok: "Not that you dolt! I'm not the so called chosen leader..."

Sixshot: "Look, Galvatron did not say anything about opening it...just..."

At that moment, the matrix took over and aligned itself with Metrotitan's neural net.

Sixshot: "How did you..."

Scorponok: "I...I didn't do anything"

As the matrix began to interface with the neural net, Scorponok went about adding energon to the primary power grids. After a few moments, the Matrix retracted from teh net and fell to the floor.

Sixshot: "Great, you broke it!"

Scorponok: "I did noth..."

Nothing of the sort was what he intended to say, but that was interupted by a sudden transformation back into robot mode.

METROTITAN: "No more darkness!!! Metrotitan crush follish Autobots who try to keep him in the darkness!"

Down below Galvatron sneered again and began to fire away on the retreating Autobots.

Galvatron: "behold...Metrotitan lives Autobots, your momentary distraction did nothing but fuel his anger..and I will see to it that some of you pay with your lives!"

Galvatron locked onto several of the targets as he transformed into cannon mode.
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Quickwind and Noktaraus flew into one of the last remaining hatches as soon as they made sure Wheeljack, Hound and Quickswitch made it on board with Metroplex. Talis flew in behind them and sealed their hatch not moments before the Maximus station took off.

Noktaraus converted to robot mode, frustrated. They walked quite a ways down the corridor before Noktaraus turned to a wall console and punched up for information. "We had the moment. We had it and we didn't seize it."

"Listen," Quickwind said, "Optimus is right, we can build another Metroplex construct."

Noktaraus looked up at his wingmate. "It's bigger than that. The Decepticons have gotten the Earth leaders to surrender to them. What, are we simply going to leave them behind? We had a counterattack ready. Now, we have to regroup again, and that's going to take more time. More time for the Decepticons to fortify."

They were silent a moment. Only the slight rumble of Maximus in flight filled the corridor. "And Prime. Something's wrong with this whole thing. If he leaves Earth, he abandons the humans he's sworn to protect. We won't be able to reposition ourselves on the planet successfully enough to stage a proper counterattack. Those days of plotting at the same time on this rock are long over; Autobots and Decepticons are a lot better at it than they used to be."

"Despite having been at peace time for the past while," Talis walked up the other end of the corridor. "It's amazing what elements we choose to upgrade and advance."

"The point still stands," Quickwind said. "We stay on Earth, we won't get much of anything done, except for defensive training."

"Let the humans be, and then calling our Autobots traitors? For wanting to stay behind and protect this planet? How could Prime say such a thing?"

"He's been angry in the past," Talis said. "We've all seen it."

"This seems beyond," Noktaraus responded, looking at the far wall. "I'll talk with him about it. What's the word on the ship, besides the understandable depression of losing this battle?"

"I've spoken with some of the others," Talis said. "Most understood the reason for retreat, but some wondered what was going on with Prime's decision. Others were rather angry about it. Not everyone, and I certainly haven't spoken to the entire ship, but enough that it's being discussed."

Noktaraus nodded. "If Prime feels the need to keep his reasoning private, he still has a moral issue to deal with then. I'll bring that up when I see him."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Metrotitian looked around and to put it simply he was pissed.
"Metrotitian destory Autobots that tried to infect Metrotitians circuits." With that he began to recharge his weapon outputs and systems and begin to lock on Autobot targets all around him.
"Metrotitian will destory for my creator Galvatron!" And with that Metrotitian's firestorm began.

------------------
Scorpnok- Kindness is no virtue and cruelity is no vice.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Whitespeed watched through a window as the Decepticons began to fire on the few remaining Autobots who had chosen to stay on Earth (Jazz, Blaster, the Wreckers and others). The energon in his fuel pumps boiled as he watched the massive Metrotitan begin what would surely be a Decepticon victory. Still, from his safe perch in Grand Maximus, Whitespeed could not watch it happen. He felt something....deep inside...telling him that this was not right, that leaving even a single Autobot to fight on his own was not the Autobot way.

He stood back from the window and fired, blowing a hole in the wall. He then threw himself through the opening and sailed down toward the battlefield. As he dropped, he drew closer and closer to Galvatron (in cannon mode). Whitespeed drew his twin laser rifles and fired two heavy blasts at Galvatron's back, shouting, "Take that, Galvagoon!"

In his mind, however, he said to himself, If those shots don't hit, I'm a dead Bot...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Blaster was running towards the fighting when metrotitan transformed and he just looked at it "My old home is now tryin ta kill me, aint life just grand" he dre his electro scrambler planning to do what ever he could he looked around for any Autobots that also stayed. Maybe he was the only one, He shrugged "Well I can find out if any friendlies are here or I'm going it solo" he transformed into ghetto blaster mode "Any Autobots still on earth take the time open your comm-links and tell me where you are I'll be there shortly"
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Galvatron concentrated his fire power and had several Autobots dead centered...ready to fire when suddenly.

Galvatron: "AAAAAA!!!!!"

The shots fired by whitespeed hit the mark and severely wounded galvatron. Galvatron transformed and slowly turned to see how had fired upon him.

Galvatron: "who...who..dares fire upon Galvatron?"
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

(Posting for Scorpy)

With Metrotitan seemingly able to overcome the remote Metroplex influence, Scorponok set about his next task. Making his way back to the stasis units, he unlocked Thundercracker's and began to go to work.

Scorponok: "You seem to have gotten yourself into quite a mess old friend."

Looking at the other stasis pods, he found one for a long dormant seeker.

Scorponok: "Sorry Deadbolt, Thundercracker needs these parts worse than you..."

Opening the case, Scorponok went about the task of removing some vital parts to be used on his fallen comrade. While he felt some remorse for having basically destroyed a perfectly good body, he felt no guilt. Thundercracker was his friend and he trusted would have done the same for him. Removing Deadbolt's leg and fastening it to Thundercracker proved to be quite simple.

Scorponok: "We'll have to do something about that coloration..."

After several minutes, the work was done...but Thundercracker still need energon. Fortunately, Scorponok had full access to the energon plundered earlier and began to pump it in to his friend. Giving him a jolt of pure energon to his laser core Scorponok waited.

Scorponok: "Come on, come on, wake up!"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Soundwave was livid. The doors slamming in front of him was one thing, being sealed in the leg of Metrotitan was another. His comm link wasn't working through the alloyed walls. You'd better have a good explanation, Scrapper...

===

Black. Gradually patches of light began to form. The digital spots began to rearrange themselves, and the sound kicked in.

Thundercracker raised his groggy head. He could hear the whir of his lasercore in his ears. He looked up at Scorponok. And smiled.
Starscreamsghost

Post by Starscreamsghost »

Whitespeed watched as the shots connected with Galvatron; they seemed to do a good deal of damage. Whitespeed landed on his feet, raised his laser rifles and shouted,

"I did, Galvatron! And there's more where that came from!" Whitespeed fired both his rifles again."Plenty more!!!"

Oh, Primus, please let that shot drop him for good, Whitespeed thought. If I go one on one with Galvy and he gets his hands on me....it's all over...

[This message has been edited by Starscreamsghost (edited 11-09-2001).]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Bludgeon knelt down to examine its surface. Still smoking. The size of the crater was phenomenal. He stroked the metal, and felt the heat through his shell.
"It's a Transformer...." he could feel the vorcode... very faint...

==

Frenzy reached the brow of the crater, and stared down into it. "Look at the SIZE of that thing, Rav... what is it??"

Ravage stared down. "Large." He put a paw on the lid of the carry case. "Must have come from somewhere, the force it landed with. Time for a recon." He flipped the lid open. "Buzzsaw. Time for some fresh air."

Buzzsaw heard the words, and sighed mentally. He engaged his anti-grav circuitry, floating free of the constraints of the carrier. He transformed into condor mode, and launched himself skyward with an almighty "CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW"
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Skywarp gathered speed, the damage caused to him by Talis had damaged his guidance system, and his jet propulsion systems had been malfunctioning as a result.

He hit the ground like a streak of black lightning causing a deep crater around the area.

His optics flickered slightly as he lifted himself out of the hole.

Galvatron's message came through on his comm system and sent his reply

*Skywarp to Galvatron, suggest I may be better suited to repair myself for our plans to work. Skywarp out*

Springer, Roadbuster and Sideswipe all froze as the giant Metrotian rose before them and began firing round after round towards them and the Dinobots.

Springer: "As much as I love a fight and all, I don't much like gettin my tail kicked, and knowing that guy like I do, it's time to get outta here"

Sideswipe: "But Springer, what about Autobot City, what about our home?"

Springer: "Our home? look at it, turned against us, Autobot City is no more, we'll take it back, but not now. Autobots, transform and get outta here"

Springer transformed to his helicopter form and flew away, followed closely by Sideswipe and Roadbuster.

Grimlock and the Dinobots continued their mass slaughter of any decepticon foolish enough to come close to them. Grimlock paused again as the ground around them began to shake, he looked at Sludge.

"What, it's not me" Sludge defended himself immediately.

Then what is it Grimlock paused and stared in horror as Metrotitan rose infront of him.

"Dinobots, fall back, our time is not today, come back and fight another time, soon"

"But..." Slag was stopped mid-sentence

"But nothing! Me thought Galvatron had something planned, he did, and it huge"

Springer opened a comm link to Grimlock.

*Grimlock, this is Springer, might I suggest we pool our resources at the site where The Ark used to reside*

Grimlock replied.

*Make sense, no need to stay here and fight impossible battle*
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Blaster sighed and transformed back into robot mode and looked at what once was Metroplex "well If I'm tha only one left in this area there is no way I can take that out". Blaster sighed then spotted a green helicopter "Well looky there Springer"

Blaster opened up the comm-line and spoke to Springer hoping he would recieve "Yo Springer this is Blaster Blastin at ya Where are you going I'll meet up with ya then we can take back our at this point ratha confused home"

[This message has been edited by Blaster_86 (edited 11-09-2001).]
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

"OOF!"

Viewfinder hadn't been prepared for all the motion of Metrotitan's transformation, and lost his balance. He'd slammed himself on the ground, face first. Spectro and Spyglass landed (feetwise) behind him momentarily. Viewfinder glared over his shoulder at them, getting to his feet.

"You two look like you knew... Why don't you warn me next time!"

Spyglass chuckled.

"Look out!" Spectro shouted, pointing over Viewfinder's head. No one bothered to look, only jump. A giant metal construct landed just meters away. They helped each other to their feet.

"So..." Viewfinder tried to break the ice. "Where do you reckon Soundwave is?"

Spectro shrugged. "Inside?"

Spyglass looked straight up, put his hands around his mouth, and shouted at the top of his synthesizer, "Hey buddy! Where's yer door?"

The lift stopped. Gigatron was in an empty storage room, much like a warehouse. The walls were all cleanly metallic, but the room was poorly lit. It seemed to be used not often. As Gigatron eyed a door at the far end, a steel slab slammed up in front of it. The same process was repeated for the remaining doors, and the lift exit was sealed. Gigatron watched, a tad confused.

"What is the meaning of this?"

No response came. Gigatron stood motionless, his eyes scanning the room for the one whom he would murder. Suddenly, he felt an upward acceleration, followed by the room's tilting. Gigatron could not maintain his balance, and slid into the back wall.

"He's awake then..."

Roadbuster stared with horror.

"Cripes! The guy's lost his mind!"

A few shots exploded against the ground nearby, quickly infringing on his position. He looked down some.

"I hate runnin' from a fight, but... Hey, wait up!"

Roadbuster spun around, transformed, and headed off after Springer and Sideswipe.

Grand watched a small monitor on the right side of the bridge. It transmitted from the underbelly camera, depicting the Decepticon City now in robot form.

Yeesh.

It was horrible. Tiny, undefined specks scurried away from the monstrosity en masse. Little explosions rang out from the ground everywhere. Grand could not help but feel remorse for the valiant Autobots still down there, those who may have tried to get on board but were stopped by heavy Decepticon numbers. Those who were now most certainly dead. He shrugged it off. Perhaps a bit of escapism would do some good...

"Autopilot: Notify me when we've escaped Earth's gravitational field."

Grand stood from his command console. He performed an about-face on his heel and walked out of the bridge. Jinrai was standing immediately outside, leaning against a wall.

"Long time no see, boss. Want to introduce me to the crew?"
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

The corridor hatchway opened as Noktaraus walked through. As expected, Prime with his back turned was in the lounge in front of the larger monitor. The image of the new Decepticon city in robot mode--Metroplex's robot mode--was more morbid than Noktaraus thought he'd feel. He couldn't imagine how Prime was feeling. Still, he pressed on to matters he knew needed to be addressed.

"Prime," he began, "we need to talk."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Metrotitan fired more hellstorms of firepower at any Autobots still around him.
"Weak Autobots dare to control me, use me as their puppet! They shall be slagged!". Metrotitan growled.

[This message has been edited by Ravage (edited 11-10-2001).]
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Freedom. It was beautiful.
Earth. It was horrible.

Ugly organics... yegh Buzzsaw thought as he soared higher and higher into the sky. Then he saw it.

It was huge. Even by Transformer standards. Buzzsaw had seen a lot of sights - The Golden Spires of Iacon, the Guardian Robots, The Ark, Trypticon. Heck, he'd even seen this sight before, but no amount of past experience could ever prepare you for the sheer enormity of Metroplex's robot mode.

He dwarfed the horizon in the distance. Stood amid Autobot City, swatting strafers like flies.

He opened a frequency to Ravage, and engaging his video camera, relayed the images directly into the Panther's mind.

==

Ravage watched as Buzzsaw lofted higher, then stopped, hanging in mid-air. Interesting... wonder what he's seen. Then the images started. Ravage's jaw dropped.

He glanced at Frenzy. "Into the crater - now." He bounded down the steep slopes to where Bludgeon was.

Frenzy sighed. He took a look at Rumble's body, and then the carry-case, still containing Laserbeak. "Sorry, buddy." He picked up Rumble and hurled him down into the crater. He then picked up the case, and skidded down to the depths.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Jinrai turned to grand, and disengaged godbomber and his trailer, now returning to a more even height with the other autobots...

"Indeed, Grand... There are several I'M not even familiar with... however... now is as good a time as any..."

The duo stared back for the area where many of the autobots on board rested....

Prime stood in silence for a moment..."Alright, Tal' Noktarus. Speak your mind. But Know this. There is much more to this retreat than you could ever imagine. This maximus class battleship... doesn't exist in this time. That alone should tell you something.
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Jazz and Sunstreaker sat their looking at eachother on board the maximus ship "Ya thinkM/man Blaster is all right?" Jazz said. Sunstreaker shruged "maybe" they both looked at Grand and Jinraii as the entered "we shouldn't have left him" Jazz said again very guilty
Cryhavoc
Protoform

Post by Cryhavoc »

Scrapper was more than surprised when Metroplex's had managed to take control of his body for short time. The Constructicon engineer had found the situation rather unpleasant as Metroplex had managed to lock Scrapper behind massive titanium door.

But when Metroplex's lost control of his former body, the dimwitted Decepticon giant Metrotitan had taken control.

"Metrotitan! Unclock the doors of control center inside you or I'm forced to blast my way out of here!" Trapped Scrapper yelled at the giant.

The other Constructicons who were still making repairs to the damaged parts of Metrotitan inside the giant noticed the doors been closed. Bonecrusher and Long Haul had been carrying 200 ton titanium balk when the door had closed around the balk. Needless to say the two Constructicon were more than shocked. The balk had been bended badly.

"By the Chaos Bringer..." Long Haul sighed. "If I had been..." He looked at Mixmaster, who just stared at the door mouth open. Then with a loud crash Bonecrusher in his bulldozer mode stormed through the door.

"Frag! I can't remember anything like that happen to me before." He said looking at the crushed door.