The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-01-09, 10:00 PM   #1
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default Galaxy Force releases for February

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread65332.html

So, after I helped clean up the names, here's the rundown:

February 10, 2005:

Cybertrons:

GC10 - Nitro Convoy - 2000yen (Deluxe)
GC11 - First Aid - 2000yen (Deluxe)
GC12 - Skids - 980yen (Basic)
GC13 - Autoroader - 980yen (Basic)

Destrons:

GD06 - Inch Up - 2000yen (Deluxe)

February 24, 2005:

Versus sets:

GS01 - Blurr & Buzzsaw - 3980yen (Ultra)
GS02 - Longrack & Runabout - 3980yen (Ultra)

Those are remolds of Armada Blurr, Cyclonus, Hoist and Side Swipe, respectively. With new heas that are supposed to resemble G1 Blurr, BW Buzzsaw, BW Neo Longrack and G1 Runabout, respectively.

Most of this has been covered by my checklist already, updates will be added instantly.
 

Last edited by Nevermore; 2005-01-09 at 10:11 PM.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-09, 10:12 PM   #2
Rookwise
Gestalt
 
Rookwise's Avatar
 
Staffordshire - UK
Default

Robot Masters releases for February

Er..Should'nt that be Galaxy Force releases for February or are Takara releasing them in the Robotmasters line as well
 
Rookwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-10, 12:44 AM   #3
archie321
Sein weil Sie sprechen Deutsch
 
archie321's Avatar
 
Where the FBI can't find me
Default

WOW! 6 days away from my birthday
 
archie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-10, 01:33 AM   #4
Powerlinx Inferno
Registered User
 
Powerlinx Inferno's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookwise
Robot Masters releases for February

Er..Should'nt that be Galaxy Force releases for February or are Takara releasing them in the Robotmasters line as well
I'm pretty sure he meant Galaxy Force.
 
Powerlinx Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-10, 01:50 AM   #5
RID Scourge
Lurking
 
RID Scourge's Avatar
 
In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by archie321
WOW! 6 days away from my birthday
Would that be the first or second batch? 6 days before or after? How old are you going to be?

Details! We want details!

No, we don't. —Denyer
 
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 12:42 AM   #6
Roadstripe
Registered User
 
Roadstripe's Avatar
 
The Sock Zone
Default

Concerning those two-packs, how long before we'll be seeing 'Worlds Collide'-type fan fiction?
 
Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-11, 02:34 PM   #7
Ghirox
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadstripe
Concerning those two-packs, how long before we'll be seeing 'Worlds Collide'-type fan fiction?
as long as the human need money to buy their meal, and need eat meal to survvie, Roadstripe

Tranfans, scream NO to the invasion of repaint, and Armada toys with no Minicon port (Nth stupid remold):-///////
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-23, 11:22 AM   #8
joempn
Registered User
 
Philippines
Default

i dont know if you've seen the new GF

http://transfansph.proboards24.com/i...num=1106374782

http://transfansph.proboards24.com/i...num=1106378485
 
joempn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-23, 11:57 AM   #9
Rookwise
Gestalt
 
Rookwise's Avatar
 
Staffordshire - UK
Default

Like the look of some of them. Still nothing that would make me want to rush out and buy them though (except for Starscream and Vector Prime) Seems like theres going to be a character that will combine with G/Convoy. He's going to have a big claw on one hand

Red Alert looks good but some of them seem to have lost their hands/fists like in the Beast Wars line (GF Skids).
Looks like we'll be seeing the return of Terrorsoar and a baby Rhinox. Rhinox may interest me out of those two as I thought it was a good character in BW.

On a side note. I will certainly be buying RM Leo Convoy as the Robotmasters line has really grown on me. Still looking for the G1 Convoy with dvd pack. If anyone wants to part with one. Please pm me.
 
Rookwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-23, 01:01 PM   #10
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by joempn
i dont know if you've seen the new GF
We have.
 
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-24, 05:33 AM   #11
Roadstripe
Registered User
 
Roadstripe's Avatar
 
The Sock Zone
Default

Quote:
Quoth Ghirox:
Tranfans, scream NO to the invasion of repaint, and Armada toys with no Minicon port (Nth stupid remold):-///////
Your choice. Personally, I'm looking forward to those particular remolds, especially after seeing more recent pictures. I just hope Hasbro doesn't change their names should they get imported.

I'd better check under the couch cushions again.


Quote:
Quoth Rookwise:
Seems like theres going to be a character that will combine with G/Convoy. He's going to have a big claw on one hand
The liger character? As long as Hasbro/Takara don't include a golden hammer, they'll be fine.
 
Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-24, 11:45 AM   #12
Ghirox
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadstripe
Your choice. Personally, I'm looking forward to those particular remolds, especially after seeing more recent pictures. I just hope Hasbro doesn't change their names should they get imported.
Bulkhead's repaint is better than the original, but why we must have n different repaint first than a decent color scheme surfaced? Mind of Star Saber's Minicon .... they have tons of repaint
And why repaint Armada toys whitout their Minicon Port, or add useless Mincon Port to BW Transmetal? .... this doesn't make sense, IMO
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-24, 11:33 PM   #13
Baxter
MIA
 
Baxter's Avatar
 
Nashville: Home of the Predators
Default

February already?
I'm still paying off Christmas.


 

Last edited by Baxter; 2005-01-24 at 11:36 PM.
Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-26, 07:48 PM   #14
Roadstripe
Registered User
 
Roadstripe's Avatar
 
The Sock Zone
Default

Quote:
Quoth Ghirox:
Bulkhead's repaint is better than the original, but why we must have n different repaint first than a decent color scheme surfaced? Mind of Star Saber's Minicon .... they have tons of repaint
And why repaint Armada toys whitout their Minicon Port, or add useless Mincon Port to BW Transmetal? .... this doesn't make sense, IMO
Doing so bolsters the troops while keeping production costs low. New molds cost money, but, just by recoloring a Starscream, you can get two more seekers (Thundercracker, Skywarp). Remold the toy and you can squeeze out three more seekers (Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust). And since the Transformers toyline has been around so long, homages can be added to pique consumers' interest.

Why do recolors tend to be better than the original? Because the money for the original paintjob has to come out of the same budget as money for designing, sculpting, molding, testing, etc. the toy itself. Because the mold is already made, a recolor doesn't need to use money on developing anything but a new paintjob and packaging. Not that it has always worked in practice (Universe Side Burn anyone? [cringe] ), but that's the theory.

My gripe is not with Hasbro/Takara recoloring/remolding toys, but with their lack of a unified, readily available context to put them in (eg. tech specs like those of G1, packaged with the toys). How many people are going to know to go to the website to find out about Hot Bumpernator's personality (what there is of one)? I got into the Transformers because my first Transformer (the original Bumblebee) wasn't just a toy, he was a character.

To dovetail back with the topic, I want to know more about who the two-pack characters are. Are they the G1/BW characters somehow transported to the Armadaverse? If not, how do they compare with the originals? Is Galaxy Force Blurr a hyperactive relative of a Cybertronian thoroughbred? Is Runabout still a serial killer? Is Buzzsaw a fast-moving big game hunter type? Can Longrack be called a gabby, annoying class committee member of the group?
 
Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-27, 11:15 AM   #15
Ghirox
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadstripe
My gripe is not with Hasbro/Takara recoloring/remolding toys, but with their lack of a unified, readily available context to put them in (eg. tech specs like those of G1, packaged with the toys). How many people are going to know to go to the website to find out about Hot Bumpernator's personality (what there is of one)? I got into the Transformers because my first Transformer (the original Bumblebee) wasn't just a toy, he was a character.

To dovetail back with the topic, I want to know more about who the two-pack characters are. Are they the G1/BW characters somehow transported to the Armadaverse? If not, how do they compare with the originals? Is Galaxy Force Blurr a hyperactive relative of a Cybertronian thoroughbred? Is Runabout still a serial killer? Is Buzzsaw a fast-moving big game hunter type? Can Longrack be called a gabby, annoying class committee member of the group?
This was also my original point: who are this guys? from where they came from? what is their back story? Or they are produced only to be sold, whitout any characterisation/story of sort?
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-09, 05:06 AM   #16
Phantom Starscream
Registered User
 
Default

Since I missed out n Cyclonus,I'll get Buzzaw. A bigger picture of him anyone?
 
Phantom Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.