[New RPG] New Alt-Modes for the New Game

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

New Alt-Modes for the New Game

Post by tahukanuva »

Alrighty, so a bunch of characters are going to require new alternate modes in order to blend in, and I'd say a few of you probably want to modernize some old vehicle modes, so I figured making a thread to post photos of your new forms wouldn't be a bad idea. Works far better than saying "Deathsaurus is some sort of plane-o-coptor thing" by a long shot, anyway.
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

First up, Deathsaurus as some sort of plane-o-coptor thing.
(note: easily missed, but the thing actually has two rotors and two propellers. It's magic)

Rad as this in appropriate colors.

Gobots as Chevrolet Impala race build though without any sponsors. (also, with headlights.)
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Good thread :D

I'll need to work on my guys a bit, but just wanted to ask

Why a 1950's plane for Deathsaurus?
Why not go with an Osprey?
tahukanuva

Post by tahukanuva »

Well, I needed something real, but also something with equal what-the-Hell-is-it to his original space-chicken lizard-monster. You just don't find vehicles like that post-Cold War.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Why not go with the space chicken dragon thing? That's about the only thing that made the name 'Deathsaurus' make any sense...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Probably 'cause Megatron would shoot him if he tried to go out looking like that. ;)
Brave Maximus wrote:Why not go with an Osprey?
Megatron already had dibs on it. His transformation and robot-mode layout will mirror his Animated counterpart, but with G1 proportions.

Predacon is going to start out as a transverse-rotor aircraft, but a smaller one: the Bell Eagle Eye. At some point he's going to go nuts and adopt his more familiar T-Rex mode though.

Lugnut is based on his new toy. He's pretty close to being a B-29, so we'll just go with that...

Soundwave is likely going to stay in orbit, so he won't adopt an Earth mode at all.

Jetfire, Smokescreen, Red Alert and Silverbolt all have reasonably realistic Classics-flavoured toys that are close enough to real-world vehicles to pass muster in my books, although there'll be some tweaks (e.g. Jetfire's cockpit will be F-14-shaped like the rest of his jet is to start with).
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Makes sense for Beast Mode guys to adopt vehicles first, if they don't go the Beast Wars style. As for my boys...

Obsidian will remain in his Cybertronian twin-rotor helicopter osprey-thing mode. Why? Because he's a fanatic Cybertron lover, and would never ever deign to get an Earth mode. Even if Megatron threatened to shoot him. (Any humans who saw him would probably think he's some sort of military experiment).

Sixshot wouldn't likely be deployed often on Earth unless in emergencies, so he too will stay the same. Because he's so complex and whatnot, and I don't think we have an Earthen substitute for the gun mode.

Warpath has a perfectly good alternate mode from his original toy. Ditto for Skywarp. Probably going to go on the IDW F22 mode for him, if only to look more modern and at the same time piss Warcry off. ;) Sentinel Prime's not going to make it to Earth, probably. :(

Gunrunner, meanwhile, needs an Earthen alternate mode. His jet mode always struck me as being similar to the Panavia Tornado (G1 Darkwing's alternate mode) if you squint hard enough, so I'm going that route. His Pretender shell is Earthen enough, some kind of generic off road vehicle, if you could excuse size changing.

Confused about Scorponok, since I have no idea what could possibly be an analog to a gigantic scorpion. Probably I'll pick a gigantic construction vehicle. A Terex Excavator (ROTF Demolishor), maybe. It's gigantic, twice the size of Optimus Prime and everything... but, meh, I love his scorpion mode. We'll see what happens.

Grimlock, meanwhile, due to a little inspiration from Warcry, will turn into a Ford Mustang. A, uh, T-Rex sized Ford Mustang. Waitaminit... :eyebrow: Good thing Transformers can size-change, whoop-dee-doo.
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

For Skorponok

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-5312453 ... ybrid.html

what about a larger version of this the digger arm could function as his tail.

it could be a cutting edge new model construction vehicle
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

optimusskids wrote:it could be a cutting edge new model construction vehicle
IMO there's no need for every alt-mode to be something that actually exists in the real world, especially if we set the game a handful of years into the future (2020ish?). My opinion is that it's fine as long as it could pass as a real vehicle, and there are some pretty damn weird construction vehicles out there.

Of course I'd better think that way, considering Silverbolt transforms into a nonexistent FB-129 supersonic stealth fighter-bomber... :glance:
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

this is true in a fit of madness I have just brought Power core Sledge the swiss army knife of construction vehicles. He dozes, he digs he saws and the help of his partner he drills
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

So:
Skyfall = Tiny SR-71 Blackbird
Omega = XB-288 Stealth Transport (Basically a modified, Much larger B-2 Bomber, designed as a transport)

Minicon Pryde - Minicon sized Purple and black dragon A la Minicon Nightscream

Grimstone - Robotic Dinosaurs. Yes, that means he won't come out in public until the TF's have been revealed.

Alpha Trion - Buggati Stratos Concept Car
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Squawktalk will be a open topped Landrover equipped with radios the square blocky profile will help him maintain his transformation scheme.

He will be in the livery of the fictional National Underwater and Marine Agency from Clive Cusslers books. Whose colour schem just happens to be turquoise.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

-boggle eyed-

What the hell is that thing? Does it exist in real life? :o
Warcry wrote:IMO there's no need for every alt-mode to be something that actually exists in the real world, especially if we set the game a handful of years into the future (2020ish?). My opinion is that it's fine as long as it could pass as a real vehicle, and there are some pretty damn weird construction vehicles out there.
But a gigantic scorpion thing? The Terex is about the only thing as big as Scorponok AFAIK, which also has claws at the same time.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Okay...

Shockwave = no change. He's highly conservative and will (I have no doubt) be left behind on Cybertron. Anyway, he didn't bother in previous incarnations, so he'll have no Earth mode.

Mirage = I really, really want him to be his Henkai toy, but I think that's impractical. Will he remain a F1 racer or... hm, there was this supercar I spotted yonks ago on Fifth Gear and I just bet Scraplet1 will remember... Update to follow :)

Zeta Prime = he won't even get a chance.

Starscream = I do like the F22 from the Movies, but hate the alt mode with a passion. Anyone think he might not turn into something so ugly i.e. the love child of Apeface?
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Rapido -> was thinking about a Dodge Challenger as an update for him.

Highbrow -> Will have him in his normal alt-mode I think. Considering changing it to just a normal helicopter instead of his hybrid jet/helicopter mode. just not sure what kind I would make it.

Topspin -> Thought about going with his new toy, a helicopter, but I'm not sure if I want two characters with similar alt modes. If I did, I might make him an Apache or something along those lines, and Highbrow more of a rescue helicopter like the coast guard uses. Suggestions welcome on Highbrow and Topspin.

Thrust -> Will probably have the same Alt-mode as the other seekers, esp Dirge and Ramjet. Would like to keep the classic alt-mode, but I'm open to new ones.
Clench -> Probably the swat carrier that Onslaught was put out in recently, only recolored.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Clogs: This or this for Starscream, if you want to keep the F22?
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

What about some kind of Amphibious fighting vehicle / tank for Topspin like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expedition ... e#Armament

Given his ability to operate on land and water it would fit him well plus give him some armament to boot
Springer85
Protoform

Post by Springer85 »

Jazz: Pontiac Solstice (G1 inspired version)

Kup: Pontiac G8 Sportstruck

Volks: Volkswagen Scirocco SC

Landmine: Sector 7 Dune Buggy

Wheeljack: Saab Aero X (G1 inspired version)

Ultra Magnus: I was thinking about using the Classics version + City Commader armor. :|

Springer: 2010 Lotus Exige Stealth (car) / Bell 222 Airwolf (Helicopter)

Razorclaw: 2007 Suzuki Biplane (Unless somebody has a better idea for an alt mode)
Aspiring DJ!
Visit my channel at Soundcloud, Youtube or Facebook and let me know what you think!
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

I like that idea for Topspin - a little big for him I think, but could work. Makes him more of a bruiser. Definitely added firepower.

Rapido - Dodge Challenger.

Highbrow - Rescue helicopter.

Topspin - Optimusskid's idea: AFV/Tank

Thrust - Classic alt-mode.

Clench - Onslaught's recent Swat carrier, recolored.
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Warcry wrote:Clogs: This or this for Starscream, if you want to keep the F22?
Ah, yes! The IDW version - kibble included. And he's still pretty :D