Fan trailer / opening for the 2007 movie

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Fan trailer / opening for the 2007 movie

Post by Denyer »

I don't usually post fan works in the news forum, but this is more likely to get you in the mood for a film than the official trailer...

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/s ... adid=12628

Some beaut details in that. :)
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Sweet.:cool:
Come on and wind me up.
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

I like this a hell of alot more than the first teaser.

The G1 fans have to love this.
Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG
rickety rat
Protoform

Post by rickety rat »

Its kinda sad when you think about it. The fan made teaser trailer totally whooped the actual studio made trail... The fans should be makeing this movie:confused:
Optimus Prime is my Homedawg
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

i have hard nipples. i don't think i am alone...
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Wow. Yeah, a bit of a G1 fanwank there, but very nice and quite clever. My daughter was very impressed and commented "okay, THAT is a Transformers preview" ... and she's not familiar with G1.
Peale
Protoform

Post by Peale »

Wow...I didn't know what I was expecting...but that was...wow...wow...wow.
Xydiuam Primal
Protoform

AWSOME!

Post by Xydiuam Primal »

This is better than the origanal trailer! Maybe the fans SHOULD be making this movie. lol. I can't wait for 7-4-07.
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

I know I'm just going to be repeating what everyone else is saying but thats seriously fantastic. I quite liked the studio teaser but this one just blows it out the water...its the attention to detail that makes it induce giddy-ness! All good!
Thanks to StoneCold Skywarp for the Sig
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

The original trailer is fine. All of my friends (most of whom are not Transformer fans) loved it and want to see it.

The trailer does it's job, just because it wasn't aimed at actual Transformer fans doesn't change that.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Wait, so everyone's going nuts over 40 seconds of logos with 5 seconds of CG footage and then the title we've already seen in the other teaser? Color me confused.
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Wait, so everyone's going nuts over 40 seconds of logos with 5 seconds of CG footage and then the title we've already seen in the other teaser? Color me confused.

Appealling to the G1 Fans.

The original teaser footage is not even gonna be in the movie.
Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG
Denyer

@ J

Post by Denyer »

Cinema's all about effect, after all.
The trailer does it's job
Disagree. Nothing in it that caught my attention, although to be fair my usual film diet is stuff I'm persuaded to watch by people who like imports, and I strongly disliked Armageddon. General response from people my age (not fans) polled has been "that was it?" They're generally exciting about a film having to do with something they remember, but not because of the trailer.

As far as not tying in with the plot -- IIRC, according to Bay, the existing teaser doesn't either, i.e. that footage with the rover won't be in the film. Certainly no harm in fans throwing other fans a bone to sustain interest.
Sociopathic Autobot

Re: @ J

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Denyer

Disagree.

If it's getting people interested it's doing it's job, isn't it? One person thought it was awesome and was upset when he saw it was Transformers because he thought the trailer was awesome but he hates the transformers. But the trailer alone makes him want to see it.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Bruticus13
Protoform

Post by Bruticus13 »

Meh... I got goosebumps from the real trailer. That fanmade one just struck me as a lot of production credits. You don't get real trailers (teaser or otherwise) that're just the Dreamworks etc logos. All that had to it was Autobot/Decepticon logos in place of stars and an Ark crashing. Left me wondering when the trailer would start.

Fair play, it's an excellent composition. But I don't understand why people are dribbling so.

Dribbling is unpleasant to watch in others.
"The point is, you're a fool."
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
If it's getting people interested it's doing it's job, isn't it?
Yes. Or to put it another way, my anecdotal evidence contradicts your anecdotal evidence... and if you take a short wander over to other forums, responses from audiences have ranged from cheering to silence to laughter and sniggering.
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Re: @ J

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Cinema's all about effect, after all.

Disagree.

Me too.

That teaser trailer was very poorly done. Bay should be ashamed, really.

If that trailer is any indication of what's in store for us, we are going to be sorely disappointed.

This fan trailers is leaps and bounds better than the official one.
jhlucas
Protoform

Post by jhlucas »

Nice work. I absolutely love the Ark crashing bit.

Yeah, it's a "fanwank", but who cares? As I've said in another post, we're all TF fans of one flavor or another, or we wouldn’t be visiting this site. So enjoy it!

Bay and company need to be doing a better job of getting the fans excited, not worried. Worried fans make for bad word-of-mouth. From a business standpoint, I would think that at this early stage of the movie, the Paramount/Dreamworks marketing campaign would be doing its best to get the fans excited—if for no other reason than to quell the bad PR that’s already afoot. Imagine how much fan negativity could build up during the next 11 months.

However, one good teaser trailer could put a stop to (or at least quiet) some of the nay-sayers (myself included). As it is, the musical score behind the official teaser is the ONLY thing that has me excited at this point. That’s pathetic.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Frankly I'm more worried that just the word 'Transformers' elicits derisive laughter from some audiences, although as it was right next to Michael Bay's name, reports may be confusing the two reactions...
jhlucas
Protoform

Post by jhlucas »

...although as it was right next to Michael Bay's name, reports may be confusing the two reactions...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: