[IDW comic previews + more Draw the World Together news!]

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Infiltration #4 five page preview!

Post by Denyer »

Infiltration #4: http://www.idwpublishing.com/previews.shtml
Beast Wars #3: http://www.idwpublishing.com/newreleases.shtml

I'm loving Bumblebee.

"Harsh as it sounds -- and balanced against what else we know could be happening right now -- these three, ultimately... are acceptable losses."
For so long the Convention Variant issue has been a regular on the US Convention circuit, well not anymore!

Top US publisher IDW are producing a limited run of issue 4 of their new series of TRANSFORMERS for the major comic event in the UK..

The EXpo EXclusive issue features a special Sketch Cover from the Transformers prime artist, Andrew Wildman.
For a special preview of the cover go to http://www.drawtheworldtogether.com/ima ... ocomic.jpg

The Comic will be on sale at the Expo this May 13-14th http://www.comicexpo.net for a special price of just £3.00

Plus! Andrew and legendary Transformers scribe Simon Furman will be on hand to sign this must have issue!
With all the proceeds going to the Draw the World Together Charity Project http://www.drawtheworldtogether.com everyone is a winner!
[/edit]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Actually, I'd say getting Verity and Mr O'Nion ("The Be Sharps!") killed should be the Autobots' main goal for now. Or at least threatening the little Aleph knock-off until she stops dressing like she's 8.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Incidentally, I really like that we're getting flashes of background and that Furman hasn't simply written off character origins as a convenience to get some tag-along faces and a human angle.

But yeah... yay for fiction with 'real' stakes.

It'd help if the preview images were a bit larger for the text, mind...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Especially as they seem to be fairly high resolution... took a bit to load, anyway.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

is it me, or does anyone NOT wanna muck with Bumblebee anymore? he went from cute and wimpy badd arse. XD Gezz he's a tough lil bugga with those guns XP
T.V.
Protoform

Re: Infiltration #4 five page preview!

Post by T.V. »

Originally posted by Denyer
http://www.idwpublishing.com/previews.shtml

I'm loving Bumblebee.

"Harsh as it sounds -- and balanced against what else we know could be happening right now -- these three, ultimately... are acceptable losses."
:cool:
Ah...forget it!
Commander Shockwav
Protoform

Post by Commander Shockwav »

Incidentally, I really like that we're getting flashes of background and that Furman hasn't simply written off character origins as a convenience to get some tag-along faces and a human angle.

But yeah... yay for fiction with 'real' stakes.

I'll agree with you on this when I see at least one of these humans smoldering corpses under a Decepticon rifle.

Then we can talk "real stakes".
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Commander Shockwav
I'll agree with you on this when I see at least one of these humans smoldering corpses under a Decepticon rifle.
I actually have a slight premonition Jimmy's going to bite a rockfall at some point (we've already seen the petrified corpse of the salesman, who we'll hopefully get some background on along with the mysterious corporation, so the story isn't avoiding casualties. Purely on the chase alone there would have been dozens.)
trilobitepictures
Protoform

Post by trilobitepictures »

Has anyone else noticed that Starscream has been redesigned ? Earlier artwork of issue #4's cover had him with different panels under the intake pecs and wacky-kooky stablizers coming off the tops of his feet (now they are normal). The pose was also far less dynamic.

Come to think of it, even THAT version was a re-redesign.

Me? I like the issue #0 look better...
"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

The original #4 cover was partway through transforming (as seen on the handheld computer) but I do like the new colours and slightly different chest/kneecap detail -- reminds me of the preening look Starscream had in TF:TM with the cape.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by trilobitepictures
Has anyone else noticed that Starscream has been redesigned ? Earlier artwork of issue #4's cover had him with different panels under the intake pecs and wacky-kooky stablizers coming off the tops of his feet (now they are normal). The pose was also far less dynamic.

Come to think of it, even THAT version was a re-redesign.

Me? I like the issue #0 look better...

[squints]

I think that's the design scheme for the Energon Starscream.

The text is also a mighty bit small for reading.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I wonder what Freud would say about Bumblebee pickina a hologram with such large breasts...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"Scheiße, es ist ein riesiger Roboter. Geben Sie mir Kokain und nehmen mich zu einem Bordell, ich müssen sich entspannen."
inflatable dalek

"Scheiße, es ist ein riesiger Roboter. Geben Sie mir Kokain und nehmen mich zu einem Bordell, ich müssen sich entspannen."

Though of course, a boob is smoetimes just a boob...
The GHX

Post by The GHX »

?????
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"Crikey, it's a giant robot. I need to have some medication and a bit of a lie down."
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

"Crikey, it's a giant robot. I need to have some medication and a bit of a lie down."

Liar, he'd have said it's because he wants to shag his mum. He always said that. Do you know why? Because Freud was the world's first talking action figure, and they only had the tech for one voice sample. There, now we all know the truth.
inflatable dalek

A somewhat OTT reaction to just being shown a page of art froma comic book. Especialy as being draged through time by Keanue Reeves and Alex Winters didn't phase him much.
T.V.
Protoform

Post by T.V. »

Benign translations are your specialty? :D
Ah...forget it!
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by T.V.
Benign translations are your specialty? :D

Nah- He actually has Freud locked up in his closet- Denyer's not as smart as he appears, he just asks the good Doctor what to write in every post.