Arafat's Dead - What's next?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jim

Arafat's Dead - What's next?

Post by Jim »

Wonder what will happen over there in the Middle East now that he's gone.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

"How long will he stay dead?" is the real question though, since I've been hearing all week that he's dead and then not dead and dead and not dead. Fark's dubbed him Schrodinger's Arafat.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
"How long will he stay dead?" is the real question though, since I've been hearing all week that he's dead and then not dead and dead and not dead.

No. He's dead. Seriously. He's dead.
Originally posted by Jim
Wonder what will happen over there in the Middle East now that he's gone.
Can't be worse than how bad it is now.

*awaits the moment when it gets worse now that I've jinxed it*
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'll find out tomorrow, but the link for his most recent (out of probably a dozen or more) death article no longer exists, so I'm wondering when the next, "He's actually alive," article will turn up.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
I'll find out tomorrow, but the link for his most recent (out of probably a dozen or more) death article no longer exists, so I'm wondering when the next, "He's actually alive," article will turn up.

Or I can just blow that out of the water now by providing proof.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... bit_arafat

You're welcome.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Bombshell

Can't be worse than how bad it is now.

You have no idea how wrong that statement is.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Jim

Post by Jim »

Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
I think you missed this part.
Originally posted by Bombshell
*awaits the moment when it gets worse now that I've jinxed it*
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I really hope they can maintain control. From what I've heard, he was the only one keeping them together, and keeping peace. I'm just afraid that groups like Hamas will take advantage of this, and many people will die. It doesn't look good. :(
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
Informed evidence would be more use than bald rebuttals—ie, actually having a discussion rather than shouting "you're wrong".
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

So, now that it's "official", who's actually in charge now?
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

First he was brain dead, then he's not, then he had liver cancer, then he didn't, then he was fine, then he was dead, then was alive again, now he's dead.

I won't believe anymore until I walk up to him and punch his corpse and he doesn't punch back, when that happens, he'll be dead.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
I really hope they can maintain control. From what I've heard, he was the only one keeping them together, and keeping peace. I'm just afraid that groups like Hamas will take advantage of this, and many people will die. It doesn't look good. :(
no he wasn't dude.Arafat only made things worse after rabin died.He started the intifada and bloodshed ,making a civil war and gave a "green light" to the terrorists to act.
the thing is in israel is that something will happen and move,for better or worse,for peace or war,things wont stay the same. which makes me happy.i'm sick of this stupid war, calling my friends after a bombing occurd, or staying in home frightened because choppers took down a terrorist and the palestinians are crying for revenge.

really, for better or worse,just get this over with :(
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Originally posted by Denyer
Informed evidence would be more use than bald rebuttals—ie, actually having a discussion rather than shouting "you're wrong".

As it stands now this will either be a point for where Israel and Palestine start talking or Israel and the Arab world start fighting even more.

They would start to fight more because with Arafat dead, and a new leader coming in, there is going to be a time of unfamiliarity. If More fighting does break out, I wouldn't be surprised if another Arab country stepped in. If this happens more Arab countries will step in, and yet another war will begin. Unlike the last ones, I don't think this one will be quick. I say this because of the chaotic state the middle-east is in, and what I have read recently about how this conflict has un-folded over the past 50 years or so.
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Originally posted by dedicon
no he wasn't dude.Arafat only made things worse after rabin died.He started the intifada and bloodshed ,making a civil war and gave a "green light" to the terrorists to act.
the thing is in israel is that something will happen and move,for better or worse,for peace or war,things wont stay the same. which makes me happy.i'm sick of this stupid war, calling my friends after a bombing occurd, or staying in home frightened because choppers took down a terrorist and the palestinians are crying for revenge.

really, for better or worse,just get this over with :(
Oh really, so Sharon crying out for his blood isn't bad, or how he wished him dead isn't bad either? Or how about the people celebrating his death won't make it bad right? It will only make it good! :rolleyes:

Well for one thing, you won't be scared if you give them back what was thiers and live on your land and not on which was stolen and all will be happy. Of course Israel never wants to give anything back, it just takes it and I doubt it will give back Gaza too.

There is no better alternatives that are better then Arafat. All are either as bad as him or are stooges of Israel. Either way, I will see how this ends for the Palestinians. Either they will all be kicked out and Israel starts a conquest or nothing will happen.
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Tempest
First he was brain dead, then he's not, then he had liver cancer, then he didn't, then he was fine, then he was dead, then was alive again, now he's dead.

I won't believe anymore until I walk up to him and punch his corpse and he doesn't punch back, when that happens, he'll be dead.
wasn't he already to old to actually punch? how about we defib him and see if he says "damn it, that hurt"
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Hound

Post by Hound »

Ok, dedicon and CloudStrifer, I'm only going to say this once so listen up.

I know this is a matter of personal significance but I want you to keep it civil. You can disagree with eachother but that doesn't give you liscense to make personal insults at eachother.

Keep in mind that you're not likely to persuade eachother into changing how yu each feel about the subject.

Please, I don't want to punish either of you... :eyebrow:
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Originally posted by Hound
Ok, dedicon and CloudStrifer, I'm only going to say this once so listen up.

I know this is a matter of personal significance but I want you to keep it civil. You can disagree with eachother but that doesn't give you liscense to make personal insults at eachother.

Keep in mind that you're not likely to persuade eachother into changing how yu each feel about the subject.

Please, I don't want to punish either of you... :eyebrow:

i WAS about to write a reply,but fine.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

From what I hear, a new leader could potentially be worse because he tried to discourage suicide bombers. Last thing I heard before this was that Pres. Sharon was about to hand over land to them and some people criticized him for being a "traitor." In some ways, both sides have wronged each other, but I have no reason to believe that niether sides doesn't genuinely want peace. Really, I see this war as one of the greatest trajedies in modern human history . . .
Originally posted by Beavis and Butthead
Tempest

homerbot
wasn't he already to old to actually punch? how about we defib him and see if he says "damn it, that hurt"
How about we show respect for the dead and not mutilate their corpses . . .

If you want proof, go to his funeral in Egypt and see his coffin, but don't even try to mess with the body. They'll kill you, and I can't say I'd blame them, given your intentions.