[RID,UT] Keith Diamond (RID Voice Actor) Shot By His Father

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

Keith Diamond (RID Voice Actor) Shot By His Father

Post by Bombshell »

Yahoo has reported that actor Keith Diamond, who voiced Rapid Run in Robots in Disguise and Agent Jay in Men In Black: The Series, was shot by his father three times on Sunday. He is currently in stable condition. I'll bring you more info as it comes in.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Whoa! :eek: Now, that's just messed up. I wonder why the 81-year-old father shot him?
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Civ
Whoa! :eek: Now, that's just messed up. I wonder why the 81-year-old father shot him?

Apparently he had dementia.

Can't say I've seen (or heard) him in anything else, but he was good in RiD and MiB. I hope he comes out OK. :(
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Thats sad, but so like Marvin Gaye.....Except he died, my best wishes to Kieth on a speedy recovery...and hope it was a dementia thing, I hate to see an 81 year old man go to prison.
Come on and wind me up.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Get well soon Keith!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

here's hope for a swift recovery for keith.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

if some 81 yr old guy shot me i'd kick his ass
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Fathers can be scary. Either you kill them first or they kill you.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Get well soon Keith. your plight is of course magnified as you did a minor role in a cartoon 95% of the board's clientele can't stand, but nevertheless makes your suffering so much more painful than that of anyone else who's been shot. To be honest, none of us knew who the **** you were until you managed to get a bullet in you, but Transformers fandom is all about sympathy towards someone's work we were mocking or ignoring last week.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Good luck to Keith.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by another tf fan
Thats sad, but so like Marvin Gaye.....

Yeah, that was my first though, too...

I'll be praying for him. :(
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
your plight is of course magnified as you did a minor role in a cartoon 95% of the board's clientele can't stand, but nevertheless makes your suffering so much more painful than that of anyone else who's been shot. To be honest, none of us knew who the **** you were until you managed to get a bullet in you, but Transformers fandom is all about sympathy towards someone's work we were mocking or ignoring last week.

Dude...could you be any more insensitive? *

* = Yeah, I know you're naturally like that. No offense, Tom, but do you think that you could have kept it in just this once?
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Dude...could you be any more insensitive? *

* = Yeah, I know you're naturally like that. No offense, Tom, but do you think that you could have kept it in just this once?

Well, he is spot on, and it's really not very offensive. Unless, perhaps, you are Keith Diamond.

To be honest, I did enjoy RiD, and I liked Rapid Run's voice, and he was one of the only reasons I ever watched MiB, so I'm not just being sympathetic because I feel obligated to.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Alpha Trion
Well, he is spot on, and it's really not very offensive. Unless, perhaps, you are Keith Diamond.

To be honest, I did enjoy RiD, and I liked Rapid Run's voice, and he was one of the only reasons I ever watched MiB, so I'm not just being sympathetic because I feel obligated to.

I'm not asking him to start liking RiD. I'm just asking him not to use the fact that he doesn't to post offensive comments.

You have to look at it from my point of view. And how I see it is that Tom's posting that it took news like this to make the guy famous, despite the fact that he worked on a cartoon generally reviled by most people yet enjoyed by a select few.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No, I'm just fed up with everyone crying their eyes out because someone who worked on Transformers gets hurt or dies, when they generally know ****-all about them. If you hadn't filled us in on who Keith is in your opening post, it would have taken a quick bit of Googling for most of the replyees to work out if he's coloured three issues of Armada, edited the Marvel comic, done Tankor's CGI model, designed Op OP or written B.O.T.

People get shot all the time, many of them fatally. I just don't see how one of them voicing a fringe character in an already largely-forgotten series makes it any more tragic. Sure, it's relevant to the board for it to be reported, but it's all these hypocrites who never met the guy and probably couldn't identify his work without an episode guide that piss me off. If the guy who voiced Seaspray died [yeh, he could be already dead, bear with this] there would be a string of people going ":( OMG that sucks" when they've been taking the piss out of his work for the past five years.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Cliffjumper, it's not more tragic but mearly relevent to the TF world. When Kurt shot him self and all those alternateens were crying thier eyes out I felt the same as you...but since it relates to this board I just think the proper thing to do is make a small post expressing sympathy and then get back to bashing RiD....
Come on and wind me up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Why? I'm not sympathetic. I don't wish the guy any harm or anything, but I have no idea who he is. I don't even know what he looks like. He could have really deserved being shot for all we know. This isn't about Kieth though, it's about all these hypocrites who claim they're really gutted, but have forgotten by the time they've creamed their pants in the latest Alternators topic.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

ok, point taken, now can we get back to puting RiD in it's place...
Come on and wind me up.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I'm not sympathetic. I don't wish the guy any harm or anything, but I have no idea who he is. I don't even know what he looks like. He could have really deserved being shot for all we know.

All right then. Now that we got that cleared up...

Move along. Nothing to see.
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

No matter what anyone says, I'm still going to wish him the best of luck. To me, its tragic no matter whom it is. And to be honest, before the information given, I didn't know who he was. After the info given, it still means no less or more who he is to me. To Keith, the best of luck and get well soon.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One