20th Aniversary Optimus

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Gigatron
Protoform

20th Aniversary Optimus

Post by Gigatron »

Just gota say....that toy is spectacular.Check this out. VERY cool. Its the 20th OP in comparison to almost all of the previous OP's.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h ... 8%26sa%3DN

Do you think this is a one time deal type thing? I was very disapointed that they didnt decide to make a 20'th aniversary Megatron. Over the years the attempts at properly duplicating optimus prime off of the screen have been alot more successfull then they have for Megatron...and i think that they should do him justice.
Nevermore

Re: 20th Aniversary Optimus

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Gigatron
Just gota say....that toy is spectacular.Check this out. VERY cool. Its the 20th OP in comparison to almost all of the previous OP's.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h ... 8%26sa%3DN

Why do you link Google's cache? A link to Ben Yee's gallery itself would serve just as well... besides, the existence of MP Prime as well as Ben Yee's review and gallery are anything but new. ;)
Do you think this is a one time deal type thing?

Seeing as Hasbro themselves said they wouldn't do another "Masterpiece" toy until the next anniversary, I'd say "yes", at least fior the time being.
I was very disapointed that they didnt decide to make a 20'th aniversary Megatron.

Short story: Toys that resemble realistic guns are not allowed in the USA. We had that discussion many times already, on every major message board. A "Masterpiece megatron" that transforms into a gun will not happen. Not until the law in the USA changes.
Over the years the attempts at properly duplicating optimus prime off of the screen have been alot more successfull then they have for Megatron...and i think that they should do him justice.

The only justice G1 gun Megatron deserves is being laughed at for the ridiculously unefficient alt mode. ;)
We've already had the "Gunn vs. tankk" argument lots of time as well, by the way. ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

Hmm...good points. I link through google because i ocassionally do image searches through google. If i see something cool i just copy and paste.

Yeah i never thought of the megatron turning into a gun thing would be a big deal but i guess your right. Yeah the gun thing is a pretty crappy alt mode....and probbaly impossible since he goes from an average sized TF to a pistol.Mayby Galvatron would be a better toy...i dont remember what he turns into though.
inflatable dalek

Re: Re: 20th Aniversary Optimus

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Seeing as Hasbro themselves said they wouldn't do another "Masterpiece" toy until the next anniversary, I'd say "yes", at least fior the time being.

Well, next year it's the 21st anniversary, they you've got ten years of G2, Beast Wars, the various Japanese shows, the 25th anniversary. If they wanted, Hasbro/Takara could probably find an anniversiry every year... ;)
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

yeah but 20 is such a nice round number