Who wants alternator Terrorcons?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Zizicez
Protoform

Who wants alternator Terrorcons?

Post by Zizicez »

i do

Blot is awsome on his character model but the toy, just like the other terrorcons, is lacking

personally i either want Alternator Menisor or Abominus

or even better.... BOTH!!!

would yoiu by them if they came out?

if the stunticons were given autobot redecos and remolds, would you by them?

personally i would
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

How the hell could you have Alternator terrorcons...no chance they could pull it off. Just look at the alternator line they are REAL things..I for one havent seen to many 2 headed dragons walking past my place. Im not trying to be a jerk but honestly. Now menasor would be a whole different thing..but it probally wouldnt be the same.
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

the stuntacons would be kinda cool, but it'd be out of touch with the Alternator line a tad... I don't think we'll be seeing Gestalt/combiner alternators somehow or another...
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Well, Menasor would be massive if they made an Alternators version, (about Fort Max size, I'd guess) but he'd also be massively out of porportion. What with Motormaster being a tractor-trailer and all, they just couldn't work it.
Think about it this way. The Stuntacon cars would be about the size of Smokescreen. So then to from the chest of Menasor, Motormaster would have to be the size of Masterpiece Op. But, Motormaster is made up of both the cab and trailer of a semi. So he'd end up being much bigger than Masterpiece Op in robot mode, or he'd be out of porportion.
Not to mention, Drag Strip would prob'ly be out of scale with the rest of the cars.
The rest of the realistic combiners have exactly the same problems. And the ones with unrealistic alt modes wouldn't be a part of Alternators.
Seriously, isn't it enough that they're making realistic cars that turn into highly articulated robots? The combiner gimmick cheapens the whole concept of 'robots in disguise', since it restricts what the designers can make even before they get past the concept stage. I'd rather not see that happen to Alternators, thankyouverymuch.
Skywarp18
Protoform

Post by Skywarp18 »

Stunticons would be cool

but what about constructicons?? that might be a little easier to do
Strike when the enemy isnt looking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I think the point of Alternators/BinalTech is realistic vehicles, so the Terrorcons probably won't be making an appearance. And if they're kept to scale, Menasaur would be very expensive and tie up their release schedule for a while... it'd need a MotorMaster, too, and it wouldn't base on an existing mould...

Oversized knock-offs are probably the closest we'll see.
Highbrow

Post by Highbrow »

Why restrict them to their original alt-modes? Was Smokscreen a subaru? Was Sideswipe a Viper? No.

A Binaltech/ Alternator Menasor could conceivably be done, but even so, it would be EXPEN$IVE, BIG, and HEAVY. It's a nice idea, but there are only a few Combiners that could realistically be done:Superion, Menasor, Defensor(with several alt-mode tweaks- Blades and Groove), Bruticus, and Devastator.

However, in most cases, it would simply result in a plus-sized version of the original, especially in Devastator's case.

Binaltech Combiners: Possible, but not likely.
SCREAM MY NAME IN BINARY!!!!!!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

LOL - I'm feeling Deja Vu here
LOL

From looking at it, the only gestault that would work is Devastator - as Construction Vehicals can be matched up for size pretty accurattly. I think Denyers right on that though - the 6 members of Devastator would take up almost 6 months of Production schedual - and to release them all at once would be too expensive - so.........
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

so....why not go one step better?

and do Alternator cities :D

have Metroplex, who's an authentic looking new-york cityscape that transforms into a Giant Robot... why stop there? why not do Alternator Unicron & have him turn into a giant earth with all the countries, islands & continents marked out in loving detail....
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hmmm...I think me and Brave Max decided a while ago that Alternator Metroplex was going to be a scale-model of Toronto during the garbage strike...
Highbrow

Post by Highbrow »

Ohhh, come now, EVERYONE would want a Fort Max Alternator, recast as The White House! You could even have a Headmaster Dubya/Gee Dubya!
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

You know highbrow - I'm glad you said head master and not Brainmaster ;)

As for the cities- yes Metroplex will be a Toronto City scape, it's got the tower and everything. :D (thanks for reminding me of that Warcry LMAO :laugh: ) Though - I wonder what Transformers would hang out on Church street

Anyway - anything larger than a Transport truck would be UNfeasable as an alternator. Even the spaceshuttle in 1\24th scale would be MASSIVE and too expensive to be marketable.

LOL, and the next argument that is going to pop up is: "Well, who says they're going to stick with 1\24th scale". Currently from anything I read, even from Orson on the TFW2005 boards (before he was told to stop posting) says that they plan to have every member of the alternators line in scale with each other.

Besides, TO as a Citybot would be much better - esp when they decide to build that ugly WTC memorial in NYC ;)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

They're gonna keep the 1/24 scale for everything? That really limits the things they can make. No wonder we've all ready got a repaint sceduled. How boring.
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

Darn...i was just thinking it might be nice to have Omega Supreme "alternatored" into a Space Shuttle...

A repaint already?
If your talking about Smokescreen and Silver Streak...i beg to differ... looking closely at the pictures they have Different Front Bumpers Rear spoilers and Rims..kinda like the whole Star Saber/energon saber "repaint"..kinda a partial remold
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

True, but it is a slight remold - but not that much - it's just a little disheartening to see something repainted\molded in such a short time. There are plenty of TF's that haven't been done.

Ah well - Transfans wouldn't be happy if we didn't have something to complain about ;)
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Originally posted by Gesani
A repaint already?
If your talking about Smokescreen and Silver Streak...i beg to differ... looking closely at the pictures they have Different Front Bumpers Rear spoilers and Rims..kinda like the whole Star Saber/energon saber "repaint"..kinda a partial remold

You're nitpicking. :p To me, a slightly remolded figure is no better.

I guess I'm just a bit disappointed that they're really only going to be able to do cars if they stick to a given scale. Cars are all right, but one of the things I really liked about TFs was their variety.

It's almost like living in a world, where everyone is of the same ethnicity. That would be very boring.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
They're gonna keep the 1/24 scale for everything? That really limits the things they can make. No wonder we've all ready got a repaint sceduled. How boring.

So if they do Soundwave, does that mean he'll be a tiny "smallest TF" style thing?
Highbrow

Post by Highbrow »

Originally posted by Brave Maximus
You know highbrow - I'm glad you said head master and not Brainmaster ;)

Or, in his unfathomable mind, a Godmaster, even!

Soundwave would really be getting some MAD Outdatedness on, if he were "Alternated", assuming the Cassette gimmick was included- that, or Laserbeak, Rumble, Ravage, and Ratbat could become downloadable mp3's......how exactly does an mp3 transform? Would they come with File conversion software?

*would really like to see Soundwave & Blaster "Alternated" into Low-Riders*
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Highbrow

Soundwave would really be getting some MAD Outdatedness on, if he were "Alternated", assuming the Cassette gimmick was included- that, or Laserbeak, Rumble, Ravage, and Ratbat could become downloadable mp3's......how exactly does an mp3 transform? Would they come with File conversion software?

And Blaster could be a RIAA Agent that transforms into a subpoena (sp) to go after Soundwave & his downloadable MP3 henchmen :D
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That wouldn't work. Blaster's a good guy. If you made him an RIAA agent, then Soundwave would be the hero.